It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The move Avatar has changed me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Has anyone else found this strange feeling inside after watching Avatar the movie?
I watched it yesterday and it's still with me, i feel i need to respect every living thing alive.

No longer will i squish ants or hurt little insects.

But on the whole i can't really explain how it made me feel, it's just a strange nice feeling inside.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Human Nature is Divinely linked to Earth Nature
we become aware

LOVE

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I just found the Movies plot line similar to Dances With Wolves... Obviously with the extra Sci-Fi pilled on top of the story. Anyway, great movie. Hope they do more like the Director said he would if the movie was a succsess.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Avatar is indeed an amazing statement...

I think it is such an effective message because it is about our future- It is such a believable scenario that people are forced to really think whether or not the materialization and globalization of our world will spread to others.

People were fine with dances with wolves- Its about the past, and takes place on earth. People seem to be less concerned when things like this happen on earth, because of a sense of "ownership" we feel over it, simply because we were born on it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Really, so the utter propagandist motive behind the movie worked?

I hate to pimp another thread but you need to read this thread. It may change your mind.

Also, have you seen the supposed children's movie Planet 51? It may just as well been the exact same movie only more blatant.

Tell me what you think after reading the OP's initial post. I find it hard to believe people cannot see the propaganda being pimped in almost every movie and every TV show now.

It is more glamorous now but the correlation to the propaganda movies of the 40's and 50's is obvious. It is amazing how what you come away with is this feeling. I watched it elsewhere, maybe I did not get the full effect of the brainwash.

Here you go-Does "Avatar" Contain Hidden Messages?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah Avatar is god damn amazing. Seen it 3 times already, and might go 1 last time. It truly is great, unlike most movies now days it actually sends a message worth recieving.

I overheard a person in the cinema a week ago go as far as saying the movie may just affect the conciousness of the people who watch it. Which may be a good thing, but I highly doubt it would last.

And the propaganda is quite noticable, but do you think its actually gonna be able to change those peoples oppinion?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by scorps

I didn't see propaganda, i just wanted them to be left alone to live in peace, i would rather be one of the Navvi than a human being..

Im telling you they must exist somewhere out there!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I saw Avatar in 3D IMAX and all I can say was awesome. You will lose

yourself for 2 1/2 hours and forget you are watching a movie. Were there

messages and lessons in the movie? Yes there were plenty good and bad

depending on your own beliefs what you got out of the movie.

Many will think the movie was made to brain wash people maybe maybe not

again it is all in your belief system. The greatest life form to me in the

movie was the Great Tree, The Tree Of Souls. On this Earth the tree to me

is wisdom and grows it's feeling roots into the ground plus absorbs the Earth's

minerals, water, nutrients and pollutants. The tree gives it's shade, feels the

rain, snow, wind, storms, fire and sometimes the polluted air. The tree is

humanities Canary and will sing in the breeze and show it's disease and

bleed while crying when abused by man or nature. Our friend the tree turns

carbon dioxide into oxygen and isn't photosynthesis simply amazing. ^Y^

[edit on 1-1-2010 by amari]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I believe childrens propaganda is more powerful than adults.

If you teach children certain things, it will have an effect on them as a adult. But once your past 17 or 18, it is hard to change people, and most definitely if your past 30, its very hard, to change people.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The movie did not move me in the way it did you. It did however, make me happy in the way it hammered home the destructiveness of the "American way" of doing things - the overuse of heavy military force, destruction of the environment and of native peoples.

I loved that message. Its quite an antidote to the MSM glorification of everything American.

And yes, I know other nations do bad things, but USA is the number one culprit and example to the world by a long shot.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Amazing how fictional Movies can bring out the fictional characters in people. when I was a kid I used to watch Commando and started to act like I was Arnie. I though that changed my life until I grew up and realized if I did that in the big world "People would laugh at me"

It's a film, Enjoy it then get over it
at the end realize it was just as made up as The Easter Bunny

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IamNow

No but it isn't made up.

The same things happened.

The natives getting wiped out, the amazon tribes this day are being wiped out, with our big tree chopping devices.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
what ever you do don`t sign up to be a global warming protester,the power of hollywood and rupert murdock brainwashing the gullable to save the planet. when we need to save ourselves from their tyranic rule and take the power back from the few hidden behind the curtains

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Why didn't they make a film about that then?

Why use Smurfs, wouldn't using real natives paint a better picture. All they had to do was film the Amazon with the lumberjacks at work. Instead they spend millions on CGI.

Ask yourself why is this?

To attract a bigger audience to make more profit, does any of the profit go to re planting trees in the Amazon?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
Amazing how fictional Movies can bring out the fictional characters in people. when I was a kid I used to watch Commando and started to act like I was Arnie. I though that changed my life until I grew up and realized if I did that in the big world "People would laugh at me"

It's a film, Enjoy it then get over it
at the end realize it was just as made up as The Easter Bunny

Hollywood and propagnda changes you in ways that are far more subtle than that. The film although i have not seen it, and will not, will change people in subtle ways.

Alot of people just see a movie, and miss what hollywood is trying to do, but it still effects them, as they do not know they are doing it.

All the films you have seen have probably effected you in ways you do never notice, and i am not talking about things you see and that are on the surface.

Propaganda for children is very subtle, as kids are far more open to ideas than adults.

From what i have heard, this movie is probably meant for those like i said younger than 17 or so, who have not made up who they are properly yet. Plus i am talking about the subtle things not the in your face stuff that you can guard against.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Clearly some people expect film to be utterly devoid of any "thinking" content. Might I suggest that you simply content yourself with watching the latest "Look at my penis!" movie from Sascha Baron Cohen?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I saw the film, and while I found it visually entertaining, I also think it capitalizes upon a very popular theme right now--- 'humans are bad and need to change'.

Frankly, if one reflects upon this trend in Hollywood movies and elsewhere in other media, you can see very quickly how this primes people to think that horrible things that happen to massive amounts of people is ok because humans 'deserve' it anyways...

Talk anout paving the road to tyranny and abuse...Feeling mollified, anyone?

Self-loathing is now big business.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by loam]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Excellent technology and effects used for an utter bulls*** propaganda piece. Apparently it worked. A shameful work of art used by these anti human (read anti Western advancement) climate hoax crowd to sucker people into buying themselves into slavery. An all around abomanation.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The funny thing is, the cinema was full of older people, there was just a group of 12 year olds at the front, about of them, we had an old couple in front of us, the majority was over 26 at least.

They where all saying it was the best film they had ever seen on the way out aswell.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I suspect there is some kind of subliminal thing going on.

I know a couple of people who had to engage spiritual warfare during and after the movie to combat an intrusion of ideas.

They reacted to several scenes throughout the movie that seemed to have nothing to do with the action.

I doubt that they would have used anything as crass as 'flash screens'...
...more likely some image dynamic or sub-audible effect like a post-hypnotic suggestion.

Deeper motives are at work in Avatar I think.

[edit on 1/1/10 by troubleshooter]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join