It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The move Avatar has changed me

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ok, this is my first post here. I have just signed up, because I really had to say something to the "Propaganda" accusation here.

Ok, for starters: Every movie has a message, EVERY one. I don´t care if you look at Bambi, Terminator or Dead poets society. Every movie has a message. It actually is close to impossible to create a story, in text, audio or video, that doesnt have a message.

And to try and to see the message of avatar as negative is really very very far fetched.

As some have allready mentioned, being aware of nature is not really a bad thing. The monetary system is not really promoted here, more the opposite is the case.

So come on people, please try to be a little less paranoid and take the movie and its messages for what they are, a beautiful science fiction story.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
Ok, this is my first post here. I have just signed up, because I really had to say something to the "Propaganda" accusation here.

Ok, for starters: Every movie has a message, EVERY one. I don´t care if you look at Bambi, Terminator or Dead poets society. Every movie has a message. It actually is close to impossible to create a story, in text, audio or video, that doesnt have a message.

And to try and to see the message of avatar as negative is really very very far fetched.

As some have allready mentioned, being aware of nature is not really a bad thing. The monetary system is not really promoted here, more the opposite is the case.

So come on people, please try to be a little less paranoid and take the movie and its messages for what they are, a beautiful science fiction story.

its a good point, imagine what people would have made of the messages from the 1st star wars trilogy. With all the Empires and Life forces etc etc. I know those movies effected me, but their message was the classic, Good against evil.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Did it change you when Kevin Costner did it in Dances With Wolves? How about when Disney did it with Pocahontas? The story is nothing new. They just applied fancy new special effects to a tried and true story.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Ava*tarGate
by Robert David

I see conspiracy theories everywhere:9/11 was an Inside Job and Pearl Harbor Was a LIHOP, A UFO Was Recovered at Roswell and the Apollo Moon Landing was a Hoax and of course the assassinations of famous people known by their three initials.Therefore, when Fox released Avatar, a mega budget film, with $500 million of other people’s money (“outside investors”), I get suspicious.

Read the rest at Dprogram.net
dprogram.net...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Did it change you when Kevin Costner did it in Dances With Wolves? How about when Disney did it with Pocahontas? The story is nothing new. They just applied fancy new special effects to a tried and true story.

I completely agree. After watching the movie I was left wondering "did I miss something"?

There was nothing NEW about any part of the story and I think the visual effects have helped blinker people from that.

I was left with an overwhelming thought:

What a waste of a few hundred million of dollars. If they wanted to REALLY convey a "message", how about spending that money on the REAL WORLD in a way that would actually do some genuine good where it really matters.

A profit making excersise, nothing more imo.

Glad I didn't pay to see it.

[edit on 7/1/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by scorps

I didn't see propaganda, i just wanted them to be left alone to live in peace, i would rather be one of the Navvi than a human being..

Im telling you they must exist somewhere out there!

Friggin ditto man. I would so much rather be a Na'vi than be a human. We're boring. We're imprisoned in our own minds. No matter how much you write and how much you love, you could never truly know who another person is like the Na'vi can. Being able to connect your mind, your soul to another living being would be amazing. Sign Me Up

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Oh, and Avatar reminded me more of Ferngully!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Avatar is a great movie with a beautiful and poignant message.

It doesn't contain any secret messages at all.

Cameron is rather overt about everything he is trying to say.

If you think the OBVIOUS allegories and parallels in the movie were SECRET MESSAGES then you are simply not on the level.

For those saying the movie was predictably bad . . . again, you're simply not on the level . . .

The movie is not predictable, that's like saying the modern version of Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio was predictable.

It's supposed to be fools!

It's several old/classic/timeless stories rolled into one and told in a stunning and exciting new way.

Pocahontas meets the Last Samurai meets the Matrix plus some other stories like Fern Gully

It blows my mind that anyone could say anything bad about this movie at all.

Will be number one in sales all time and will be running in theaters for well over a year.

great director, great movie.

see it in 3d, see it in imax.

[edit on 1/8/2010 by JPhish]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join