It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the Bible really done for Humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
question:

If The Bible wasnt Written, or passsed on, where would we be? do you think, that
jesus would still be considered the son of god? do you think that the catholics would have burned jeruselum to the ground because it was "their holy land" do you think millions and millions of people would be slaughtered, because they don't believe in the same god? religion has caused just as much, if not more turmoil, violence, suffering and oppression as the lowest most vile humans on earth. in most countries, where war is prevalent, the war isnt over politics, or money, or resources, its over difference in beliefs, different religions, so is there no God? or is it Satan just trying to confuse the masses?

really think about it

[edit on 31-12-2009 by l neXus l]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we would all be flying in hover cars and there would be world peace, obv

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Happy and free of myths that have only one purpose and that is to explain the unknown for exploitation of others intended to provide power and wealth to the self appointed representative of God.

Good thread and good luck cause this will be a battle.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
thanks, im really interested in other views on this because its been mulling in my head for a long time!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Don't fool yourself, war is always about economics. Religion is just a way to get recruits to be cannon-fodder.
Without the Bible, everyone would think God is someone sitting on a throne in Rome. We would think that the only way to be saved is to go to his representative every week, pay the salvation tax, and eat a piece of Jesus. Everyone would be virtual slaves and keep their heads low because any offence will get you barred from Heaven.
Having the Bible allows people to see what proper religion is, for themselves and to have the guts to be free, and without fear of men who can only kill the body.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
interesting statement, what about hitler? he killed some 11 million people, because they didnt believe what he did, religion IS a big problem not just a cover up

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
interesting statement, what about hitler? he killed some 11 million people, because they didnt believe what he did, religion IS a big problem not just a cover up

Man(not so)Kind is the problem. religion is what man made. God didn't made religion. Christ taught outside to people, not in the church. (well he did a few brief teachings as a youngster. The problem is that agnostic/atheist cannot accept the fact of a spiritual life. Mainly because people are mad with what they got and are not happy about their life right now. super sayian--->

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I really started to think about this one. If you stop sticking your head up the in the past and recall the brutal wars during christians than you would realize right now how mankind is using religion nowadays. Have you stepped into a church? most people are thrilled and happy! Have you seen the people sing? Yeah revolutionary thoughts due cause wars and it's been known all throughout history. But this is the good and peaceful solution. all chrisitians do is go to church every sunday. (some) what's the problem of that

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
We would have found something different to fight over!

I don't think for a second that we would all be living in a rosy world with flying cars, though I like the idea

I think jmdewey60 post has it spot on.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Religion gave you choice, to grow or to ignore.
it created evil, so evil could be beated.

It created fear, so the world could evolve, and
god could be everything, as truth including lies,
without being lies.

As god is perfect, he can not choose against himself,
where he is perfect, so he chooses through us.
We can ignore, that is choice,
or grow and do the only thing possible,
that hurts, is choice as loosing choice,
and is being as god,
to be all, he always coexsisted with this world,
that in him is and will be forgotten, in other words,
god has free will, not choice, except here,
where he forgets himself.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant
We would have found something different to fight over!

I don't think for a second that we would all be living in a rosy world with flying cars, though I like the idea

I think that we'd, at least, be on mars by now. If it weren't for the retardation of civilization & science by religion, we'd be, at least, 200 years ahead of where we are now. Imagine what it will be like in 2210!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What has the Bible really done for Humanity?

it introduced the idea of
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF

it *certified* the idea of
DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU

and it suggested the possibility that
DEATH IS AN ILLUSION

and in doing so, it offered working examples that anyone could follow

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

If the Bible hadn't been written I see no reason why some other book would have not be written with control of the masses in mind via the man made idea of god and its will . Islam or some other branch of the most effective tool ever devised for controlling the masses would have also still come along .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It sure has created a whole crapton of jobs, without it I doubt most church staff would be employed, nor would the professional brow-beating jerkhole atheists like Richard Dawkins.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I feel like the basis for war is rule or be ruled without religion. Take religion out completely and you 'd still have that to deal with. Religion was concocted to keep people busy and not worried about ruling. Maybe?

There are lots of reasons for wars. Probably one of the most signifigant is resources, water, fertile ground, gold all types of minerals, oil, etc..

I really believe we would probably be more divided without religion with more civil wars. Who knows??

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
it's good to blame (and forgive) the past,

but without past we wouldnt have present.
thats why people still fight,

not everybody lives in the present,
and the present is not free of 'good' and 'wrong'

and as long you have wrong,
you will have 'good' to fight it.

which means, still a dual world.

the moment 'wrong' is seen in all of us,
we will become guilty as god,
and forgive

and that will bring peace.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
it created jobs? never thought about that before lol funny

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Without the Bible, everyone would think God is someone sitting on a throne in Rome. We would think that the only way to be saved is to go to his representative every week, pay the salvation tax, and eat a piece of Jesus. Everyone would be virtual slaves and keep their heads low because any offence will get you barred from Heaven.
Having the Bible allows people to see what proper religion is, for themselves and to have the guts to be free, and without fear of men who can only kill the body.

Actually, even with the Bible, in this real world, people worship money and anyone who provides them with generous sums of money!

There are no 'godless' CEO's I tell you that! They worship that tall building to come to work everyday!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
the bible could just be the greatest story ever written

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee

I think that we'd, at least, be on mars by now. If it weren't for the retardation of civilization & science by religion, we'd be, at least, 200 years ahead of where we are now. Imagine what it will be like in 2210!

CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!

Stem cells...a sample of another concept held back by religion

could help thousands...millions...maybe not a single person but we won't know until we get to it

-Kyo

top topics

join