It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Anti-Smoking Meant To make you addicted to Smoking?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Why is it that those ads make you want a cigarette? I think thats the question. Its true I have talked to tons of people that say they crave on after seeing those adds, especially former smokers.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Simply putt it reminds your of cigarettes. In this day n age your already aware there crap and the tabaco companies are evil. After you conscientiously decides you don't care about the health problems your brain filters it out. So rather then getting scared you get a craving.

Come to think of it... It's probably allot like how a zombie feels.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by mosesgunner]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Good for you. One cigaret a day, would make all my wishes come true. Always the two "voices" fighting "yes" "no". Guess who's the winner

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Basically the (supposedly) Anti-Smoking add carries two messages. The Overt logical/rational/cerebral message which says don't "smoking is bad", and the Subliminal message which plays on your imagination/irrational/subconscious mind, which says "smoking is cool".

Whether this is intentional I cannot say. If I were on the Anti-Smoking board I would ask each member if they were being paid by the tabacoo industry.

Anyway the solution is to do the extrodinary, use your rational mind to overcome your Imagination/Desires/Carnal Impulses. In order to do this you will have to honour and respect the goverment, you will have to learn to listen to reason and be obediant.

(No I am not a goverment troll)

[edit on 31-12-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
One thing I used to like to do when I used to watch TV, agree with the add and voice out the logic of the add.

For example there is a BK add in which a guy named "Charlie" doubts BKs ability to make a great burger for a low low price. Charlie is then tied up put in a sack and dumped in the ocean via helicopter.
To which I would reply earnestly " Yeah charlie that will show you. Don't doubt a mans burger making abilities. Burger making is a serious business. I'll make any burger I want, for any price I want, and I won't take any flak from you, I'm the burger KING. I'll make a burger right here right now. Don't you tell me what I can and can't do."

They want to play on your territorial instincts, but if you use your language faculties to voice their reasoning, you are no longer using those instincts. I guess it exposes the absurdity of the whole thing.

Here some other logic you might challange "the moment I spray on that deodarant panty clad girls are going nock the door down" or "The moment I eat that Iceblock I will become a glamourous movie star".

[edit on 31-12-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Oh god dude here in the States we have Truth.com (Which is a "grassroots" movement meant to expose the "truth" about "big tobacco" but in reality there funding comes directly from big tobacco.) and they ran an add where they put a geiger counter up to a cigarette. because apparently "cigarette smoke contains plutonium"

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The scariest commercial I've seen is one where people are trapped inside
huge burning cigarettes (couldn't find a vid...sorry!
) but it STILL didn't
even pause my own puffing!!

Government restrictions to "protect" us are absolute bs...and now us Californians get a shiny new No Trans Fat law!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join