It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There is definitely a difference between faith and knowing that there is a higher consciousness and that's the difference between just talking and walking the walk.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFlyingZombies

Supporting data are collected; contradictory data are assumed to be incomplete or erroneous. That is not science!

I'm not sure if you're aware of this (you should be because it happens quite often) but evolutionary scientists do this constantly. If, for instance, a fossil is found in an inappropriate layer of the strata, it is discarded. For example, if something that was shown to live around 65 million years ago is found in a layer dated to 150 millions ago, it's often discarded. There have been famous cases of even modern objects like soda cans being found in layers that were supposedly tens of millions of years old. They get tossed and the fossils found in that layer are of course declared millions of years old.

Or the many examples of findings being forced to fit. Like the episodes where evolutionary scientists and archaeologists got caught red handed sawing and reshaping bones to look like missing links.

That is not science either.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hahahaha!!! The ongoing banter is as entertaining as those who still believe in creation. If "god's will" and "God's purpose" allow children to be abused and killed then by all means shove your head right back up your butt. I personally am a free thinker who comes to my own conclusions based on facts and eyewitness events.

There is more evidence of aliens than God and yet when they are spoken of there is always a sigma attached to the speaker.

Stay in the dark flat worlders....I chose to move forward instead of clinging to myths and stories.

Peace and Love,
brarew

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brarew

Do you know why there is a stigma attached to those who speak of
aliens?The, aliens/demonic entities, don't want anyone to know they
exist!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well my stance is this... I am atheist, I don't believe in the bible, jesus, god or any other of those characters. I believe there is something more after we die... but I'm not going to waste my life worrying about if I'm going to heaven/hell. If there is a so called "god" I don't believe that his/her/it's mind could be changed. So why worry about it? Yes I do have "morals" which are totally seperate from "religion." But I am a free human being and will live life how I see fit... not some book of rubbish. I'll find out what happens in the "after life" when I die... up until then no need to worry about it.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigshow

That is the sad part,you will learn after you die,but then it will be
too late.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex
Seriously, why aren't the moderation team dealing with the rampant religious ingress into ATS?

There is a hard core of Christian religious nutcases trying to take over ATS, and use it as a religious platform. Get lost! We don't want your insane disease to be spread here. The OP here is doing a stirling job of highlighting what your sick, disgusting and quite frankly evil mind-set creates. Do us all a favour and go air your views on a site that isn't Secular / Logical / Empirical - that way you might find some sycophantic joy in your prattlings.

Parallex.

My, my, my -- getting a little edgy over the exercise of free speech?? Once again, the iron fist of intolerance raises its ugly head in the guise of intellectual elitism. Since when do we equate atheism, empiricism, secularism to pure logic and to intellectual superiority? Some of the greatest philosophical discourses have centered around theological precepts and discussions, and your desire to silence those whose views are centered in theology is frightening and frankly, quite disgusting.

Please, in the interests of civility and common courtesy, have the grace and wisdom to allow opposing points of view to exercise free discourse and to express opinions. And by the way, if you don't like it, then why don't you leave ATS? After all, that is your prerogative.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by brarew

exist!

Now come on M pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't say you got that out of the bibles ?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
IMHO I think the universe is bio centric by accident or design. That primitive organic molecules could organize themselves into complex organisms is part of the deal. While humanity is capable of great brutality, is is capable of peaceful coexistence too.

Lifeforms are possible given the right conditions. This seems to be a law of the universe.

Meanwhile this discussion of the collected stories of desert people is discussed to death. The stories show the morality and issues facing the human race. In a modern world taking these stories literally may be problematic. These stories are the first passed communal knowledge or thinking of the human race. Naturally our experience has grown with them as part of our cultures.

Actually you could look at the bible as art. It certainly has some poetry in it. It is one place place to seek knowledge about what others think of the universe and our place in it. You may not share that vision. Naturally our science has expanded our vision of the universe and our thinking.

Now the final question is life an accident or a design possibility? I would argue it's not an accident in a bio centric universe. The universe exists with life in its possibilities.

I look at life as a chain of events back through ancestors back to the beginning. Maybe faith and God are the great unanswered questions, but it seems a lot of people want the answers while while some are content ignoring the subject, while others provoke pointless argument.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by A52FWY]

[edit on 31-12-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

There is nothing sad about it. There is no proof there is a god, so why worry about it? You can't prove there is which for a lot of people that try to shove religion down peoples throats the burden of proof is on them. I'll focus on living instead of what happens when I die.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

The key word is respectively.
We all know he was Jewish, as I said. He believed in God.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
i think that athiest people are just special, and need love, god will forgive them in the end.......hopefully

You know i actually believe with all my heart that should heaven exist there will be atheists there. I can provide some bible quotes that help support this idea

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

This is a waste of time. The fact is you cannot prove that a God doesn't exist! And you cannot prove that this God didn't create everything using SCIENTIFIC means! Religion is the problem and the Bible for instance should not be taken literally as a whole. Is it crazy to rule out the fact that a God created all that we have and that it used SCIENCE (principles of design) to do so. Creationism does not rule out evolution. Imagine if there is an all powerful all knowing devine God and that there are some lesser Gods (Angels), now lets say that one of these lesser Gods (Lucifer/Satan) was cast to the Earth to reign over it and corrupt man into thinking that a God doesn't exist. It would seem that you are playing right into his hands. Science is all about keeping an open mind, without this we narrow our research and miss other avenues.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

How do you know I'm not a christian
That's a good one moocow.:shk:
you fogot the
question mark
lmao

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

In my opinion,the fallen angels in the Bible,are passing themselves off
as aliens,space brothers...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by 13579

My personal opinion is that the Divine is neither male nor female, and yet both at the same time...

Where did god come from? Was he/she/it intelligently designed? If so by whom? Where did gods creators come from.....ad nauseum.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by brarew

exist!

The implication of your statement is that a species should be expected to make an announcement of their presence to a much inferior one. As if I stopped in front of a squirrel and said: "Hello, I am human and I want to meet your leader!"

It is possible for a species to have no interest in publicizing their existence. Although your point about the scarcity of evidence is perfectly valid.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
still think people dont understand function and creation..

its all good to have a "faith" in a god.. but "why" and "how" is the problem i see here..

Method is what god is.. thats why he dont care what you do because hes not a HE and he sure as helll dont care.

We care! yes we do.. why? because without a faith we would all be running about like crackpots with no laws and no rule of such.. BUT at the same time does not mean GOD is a human?

it would be ielogical because who made god? we can go on for ever an ever asking who who who made what what what

when we know we are here is a fact and we know life has a system "everything has a system" even water falling from the sky has a cycle

what makes you think you are just not ONE part of a bigger cycle??

noting intelligent about it.. it WORKS

if you was born in a box you would know NOTHIING would it still be intelligent design then?

or is that me assuming your talking about something in a TOTALY wrong context?

didnt know god when you was 1 years of age did you ? untill it was drilled into that head of yours., and you accepted it

people lack logic and replace it with FAITH.. blind bloody ignorance of basic facts

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If I have to come back to this thread one more time,
Things are Gonna Get

CRAZYYYY!!!

[edit on 2-1-2010 by LASTofTheV8s]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

To put it simply. God Is

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join