It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People are STILL Laughing at Creationists (and ID'ers)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
because mooncow, you arent a christian, so the knowledge will never seep through your brain, apparantly,

lol

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

You should learn the difference between someone who believes in a creator and someone who believes in a the god of the bible. I can't belive how many people on this site (of open minded people?) cant differentiate between the 2 and keep coming back to arguments against the bible...

We have to reasonably accept that most god believers in the western world have come to be aware of this god via the xtian bibles.

I'm not implying all god believers as I'm sure some people may have just woken up one morning believing things were created by a god and have no knowledge (highly unlikely) of the bibles gods.

What really interests me is, if were ever proved that a god created everything, which god is it ?

Thor ?
Osiris ?
jesuyahweh ?
Set ?
Zeus ?
Tinkywinky?

Ah now that would be a debate that atheist could just sit back drink beer and enjoy the screaming.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
because mooncow, you arent a christian, so the knowledge will never seep through your brain, apparantly,

lol

How do you know I'm not a christian ?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
[edit on 30-12-2009 by l neXus l]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Lots of talk but no clue as to what is really going on.

I have lived many hundreds of lives on this planet and the one thing that I have come to understand is this.

That the answers that you seek is already known by you, no matter what any one says.

So the only purpose left of living all these lives is experiencing the proses of finding the answer you already know.

For the answer or being right or wrong has no consequence, for you learn nothing being right or wrong, when you live in a reality that does not exist.

Just a little advice from all of your gods.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
mooncow i was just joking, people need to lighten up, i do like your posts they provoke thoughts that i never would have thought (but really if you havnt yet, choose god, not satan, ill put you on my churchs prayer list if you want) =P

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marker

I have lived many hundreds of lives on this planet and the one thing that I have come to understand is this.

Do you think the creation of pop tarts have done anything to promote a healthier diet, or would you go back to turnip and stale bread for breakfast ?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
pop tarts are overrated, when i lived in china in the early 1200's all we ate was noodles...oh.....wait... thats all the chinese people eat today to! talk about evolution

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

My cat NEVER thinks about the water cycle, therefore the water cycle is a human construct made by stupid humans in order to explain where their water comes from.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
mooncow i was just joking, people need to lighten up, i do like your posts they provoke thoughts that i never would have thought (but really if you havnt yet, choose god, not satan, ill put you on my churchs prayer list if you want) =P

Please don't put me on another prayer list dude, I'm constantly trying to advise my kids against the empty headed fame lauded on the working class.

Moocowman is becoming more popular in churches than the lord is my shepherd, i don't mind a silent sainthood but the thought of trying to revive my fame on reality TV in 10 years when I'm skint scares the hell out of me lol.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Have you ever thought that perhaps all religions were simply putting their own personal interpretation of the same entity or entities? Did you know that Judaism was originally a polytheistic faith?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by marker

Do you think the creation of pop tarts have done anything to promote a healthier diet, or would you go back to turnip and stale bread for breakfast ?

Turnip and stale bread for breakfast.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Christianity:

The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Yep. . .I wonder why 'we're' still laughing at 'you'

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Peer-Reviewed & Peer-Edited Scientific Publications Supporting the Theory of Intelligent Design (Annotated)

COMPLETE LISt Of,

Peer-Reviewed Scientific Books Supportive of Intelligent Design Published by Trade Presses or University Presses
Scientific Books Supportive of Intelligent Design Published by Prominent Trade Presses,
Peer-Reviewed Philosophical Books Supportive of Intelligent Design Published by Academic University Presses

Articles Supportive of Intelligent Design Published in Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journals

Articles Supportive of Intelligent Design Published in Peer-Reviewed Scientific Anthologies

Peer-Edited or Editor-Reviewed Articles Supportive of Intelligent Design Published in Scientific Journals, Scientific Anthologies and Conference Proceedings

www.discovery.org...

Scientist Says His Peer-Reviewed Research in the Journal of Molecular Biology "Adds to the Case for Intelligent Design"

Dr. Axe wrote back the following, which the New Scientist declined to quote:

I have in fact confirmed that these papers add to the evidence for ID. I concluded in the 2000 JMB paper that enzymatic catalysis entails "severe sequence constraints". The more severe these constraints are, the less likely it is that they can be met by chance. So, yes, that finding is very relevant to the question of the adequacy of chance, which is very relevant to the case for design. In the 2004 paper I reported experimental data used to put a number on the rarity of sequences expected to form working enzymes. The reported figure is less than one in a trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion. Again, yes, this finding does seem to call into question the adequacy of chance, and that certainly adds to the case for intelligent design.

Hmm. The author of the articles in question agrees with Dembski and Meyer that his research "adds to the case for intelligent design." But the New Scientist didn't think that fact important enough to report to its readers.

Why Ridicule folks that believe in the possibility of ID, or make them look unintelligent?

[edit on 043131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
mooncow i was totally kidding, i dont even know what a prayer list is, and if people want to pray they can pray themselves lol,
although from wales i would think you are a gothic heavy metal blood sucker!!!!!!!!!!! yeah xBrutalx totally kidding

and that fact that jesus is a cosmic jewish zombie, makes christianity the best religion in the world

[edit on 30-12-2009 by l neXus l]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

This is very true! I believe science and spirituality will one day merge and I believe in both, creationism and evolution.

yes

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

His name is moocowman not mooncowman.I already have him on my prayer list.Do you want me to add you as well?

To all those on this thread...If it weren't for christians,creationists and
intelligent designers.What would you have to debate about?You need
us more than we need you!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
reply to post by moocowman

Have you ever thought that perhaps all religions were simply putting their own personal interpretation of the same entity or entities? Did you know that Judaism was originally a polytheistic faith?

It would appear to be nothing more than a descendant of an Egyptian cult and it could be argued that the Hebrews were one and the same exiled Akhetatanians. This would appear far more likely than an exodus of 2 million nonexistent protojews.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You're right, logic is funny.

Seems organized religious institutions lack it completely. The institutions consist of stories and mythical tales of mythical figures, such as God.

What about scientist who believe in ID, everyone keeps ignoring them.

Guess what there are scientist who are Christian.

Doctors, lawyers, nurses, teachers, every segment of society,

I doubt very much that there are many that still think the world is only
6,000 years old,

and there is always some truth to myth and legend,

Ziusudra,

Wall, listen constantly to me!
Reed hut, make sure you attend to all my words!
Dismantle the house, build a boat . . .

The [violent storm] went against the people like an army.
No one could see anyone else,
They could not be recognized in the catastrophe.
The Flood roared like a bull,
Like a wild ass screaming, the winds [howled]
The darkness was total, there was no sun.

I sent forth a dove, and it left. The dove went and searched and
a resting place it did not find, and it returned.
I sent forth a swallow, and it left. The swallow went and searched and
a resting place it did not find, and it returned.
I sent forth a raven, and it left.
The raven went, and the corpses on the waters it saw, and
it did eat, it swam, and wandered away, and did not return.
I sent the animals forth to the four winds...

The warrior Ellil spotted the boat
And was furious with the [the other gods].
"We, the great Anunna, all of us,
Agreed together on an oath!
No form of life should have escaped!
How did any man survive the catastrophe?"

Anu made his voice heard
And spoke to the warrior Ellil,
"Who but Enki would do this?
He made sure that the [reed hut] disclosed the order."

Enki made his voice heard And spoke to the great gods,
"I did it, in defiance of you!
I made sure life was preserved...
Exact your punishment from the sinner.
And whoever contradicts your order

www.laputanlogic.com...

Marsh Arabs
www.laputanlogic.com...
www.laputanlogic.com...

www.laputanlogic.com...

Do atheist think they are more sophisticated?

[edit on 043131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Because that would be a gross violation of current scientific dogma. Which according to some people does not exist " cuz siyence is totully ubjektive!"

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join