It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. placed under international police-state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think it goes deeper than that. Alot of things are interconnected in ways that kind of make a persons head change. If you consider who is the biggest proponent for climate change, it comes from Europe, as the ideas behind such is wavering in the US. Now, lets just say, we don't ratify the Copenhagen climate treaty, does that mean that the rest of the world will have no say, nope, under the way things are going, it would mean that Interpol, could come in, and shut down a factory for violating climate change laws in another country and fine that company for such, to include confiscation of materials, arresting person without so much as following the laws of the land. It also means that the President of the United States of America, just gave the question of extradition a green light, though it is the United States that suffers from such. This can not go well, and will bear to watch and see how things unfold.
Course this should be real interesting the first time someone from Interpol tries to take someone from the US, and seeing how the resulting fireworks and gun fire ensues, especially the first time they do not do things like read a person their rights, or just takes without belief that they have to follow the laws of the country.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is disturbing

oh well, back to watching the big game. MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL MAN, just relax and have a beer and worry about this stuff some other time.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall

Did this slip past un-noticed? Is this legit? If so, this is a step towards the global police state that some have been warning about.

No it did not and has been forewarned about, people just refused to hear it.

Survive a "Police State", inspired by:~Old-line Republican warns~

Map of World Police States, in a Surveillance Society.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I thought the fbi can do this already to anyone in the world, except china and russians, anyway.

So why should you americans be special. Your country does all this all over the world, and you want to be free from it,

Why and how should you be?

You suppose too much andy. How do you know which of the alpahabet agencies from america do what in which countries?
Hmmmm?
Please don't lump me in with all the americans that think they are special. Oh, Andy, am I any more responsible for what the alphabet agencies of my country do than you are for what tony blair did and does?
I know how much you like tb , andy

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
reply to post by dragonsmusic

You people are looking into this way too much .. Nations have given INTERPOL international immunity for years .. almost every nation in the WORLD has permitted INTERPOL to operate freely .. AND NOTHING HAS HAPPEN .. NO BIG EVENT .. NO POLICE-STATE..

They do not arrest RANDOM CITIZENS .. they are the INTERNATIONAL POLICE .. they arrest criminals who are wanted on INTERNATIONAL level ..

Unless you are a Drug Lord , Kidnappers, Kidney Harvester , Human Trafficker, etc.. etc.. you should not be worry about this ..

.. You people are way too paranoid .. stop listening to Alex Jones

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

So there is no country , at all, anywhere at all making , any moves whatsoever toward a one world government is there then?
Wow.
Glad you cleared that up for me

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by celticniall

"Thus, Interpol now can conduct its operations on U.S. soil with ZERO accountability to anyone in this country"

That's crazy.

Just as crazy as that the CIA has been able to do that on other countries' soil for a long time, with zero accountability to anybody in those countries.

Look to Jim Mars if you want to know more about the american alphabet agencies.
My point is about the exponential growth of agents with zero accountability.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Advisor that was well said.
This is important stuff isn't it? I'm right I think.
And it looks to me like you agree with me.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is all about giving power to police agencies which are not appointed and have no accountability to American elected officials. Basically, it bypasses the democratic process of electing officials and leaves the people absolutely powerless. If you think this is not a big deal, don't give up the crack pipe.

This is the whole premise of globalization, whereby corporations and other agencies which have absolutely no accountability to anyone, can run roughshod over the people by telling them how to live their lives. If you wanted to put a death nail into a sovereign representative form of government, this is one textbook example of how you would go about doing it.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
This is all about giving power to police agencies which are not appointed and have no accountability to American elected officials. Basically, it bypasses the democratic process of electing officials and leaves the people absolutely powerless. If you think this is not a big deal, don't give up the crack pipe.

This is the whole premise of globalization, whereby corporations and other agencies which have absolutely no accountability to anyone, can run roughshod over the people by telling them how to live their lives. If you wanted to put a death nail into a sovereign representative form of government, this is one textbook example of how you would go about doing it.

Indeed, Sphinx
Completely agreed

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Took me a while to find it, but I recalled a news report where they were telling the people what exactly to expect. Too baaad the sheeple were not aware err awake enough to take it into consideration.

Always a short term memoried creature, masses, herd mentality or some thing...

Any way, here is a reminder for those who have a form of mental block via self ignorance. Or in plain speak, truth denial.

Police state, it has been a global fact for decades. Only now the cuffs are getting tight enough for more to notice.

Besides, it isn't as if the memo was hidden, they told every one:

"So many people in America think this does not affect them. They've been convinced that these programs are only targeted at suspected terrorists. I think that's wrong. Our programs are not perfect, and it is inevitable that totally innocent Americans are going to be affected by these programs," former CIA Assistant General Counsel Suzanne Spaulding tells FRONTLINE correspondent Hedrick Smith in Spying on the Home Front.

"I'm sure that the government does a lot of things that I don't know about, and I've always been OK with that -- until I found out that I was included."

The new standard, Swire says, is: "Check everybody. Everybody is a suspect."

Spying On The Home Front

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

"Thus, Interpol now can conduct its operations on U.S. soil with ZERO accountability to anyone in this country"

You do realise that they have to follow USA law, "INTERPOL aims to facilitate international police co-operation even where diplomatic relations do not exist between particular countries. Action is taken within the limits of existing laws in different countries and in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. INTERPOL’s constitution prohibits ‘any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character.’ "

they have unlimited power and nobody to regulate them!

utter garbage, why make such crap up? Where does it state they have unlimited power?

[edit on 30/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Did you even bother to read the article, or do you not know what "diplomatic immunity" means?

[from OPs source link & BOLDED key words]

President Barack Hussein Obama placed the United States of America under the authority of the international police organization known as INTERPOL, granting the organization full immunity to operate within the United States.

(AP Photo/Peter Dejong).

According to Threatswatch:

Last Thursday, December 17, 2009, The White House released an Executive Order "Amending Executive Order 12425." It grants INTERPOL (International Criminal Police Organization) a new level of full diplomatic immunity afforded to foreign embassies and select other "International Organizations" as set forth in the United States International Organizations Immunities Act of 1945.

By removing language from President Reagan's 1983 Executive Order 12425, this international law enforcement body now operates - now operates - on American soil beyond the reach of our own top law enforcement arm, the FBI, and is immune from Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
What, exactly does this mean? It means that INTERPOL now has the full authority to conduct investigations and other law enforcement activities on U.S. soil, with full immunity from U.S. laws such as the Freedom of Information Act and with complete independence from oversight from the FBI.
In short, a global law enforcement entity now has full law-enforcement authority in the U.S. without any check on its power afforded by U.S. law and U.S. law enforcement agencies.

Thus, Interpol now can conduct its operations on U.S. soil with ZERO accountability to anyone in this country.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Did you even bother to read the article, or do you not know what "diplomatic

I read it, and it is wrong in its claims - I suggest you do some research and do not believe every over hyped bit of journalism you find on the internet!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

reply to post by SphinxMontreal

This fits hand-in-glove with Obama's and his UN ambassador Susan Rice's stated position that the US should become a signatory to the ICC and that it should have jurisdiction in the US.

Obama to endorse International Criminal Court's jurisdiction

Are you ready to submit to Sharia law? Sudanese and Congolese norms?

The U.S., and any other nation that desires to be called one, gives up control of its own affairs by submitting sovereignty to outsiders.

One of the highest ranking lawyers in the UK has called for the creation of an International Court, similar to the Int'l Ct. of Justice in the Hague, to enforce environmental laws, including fines and other penalties against nations, businesses and even individuals!

The link to the story:www.telegraph.co.uk...

Stephen Hockman, QC, a former chairman of the Bar Council, is calling for an international court for the environment to punish states that fail to protect wildlife and prevent climate change.

Such a Court represents just one more step of relinquishing sovereign and personal rights to an international body that "would influence public opinion which in turn would force Governments to take the environment seriously."

What makes this even more alarming than it would otherwise be is the fact that mounting evidence supports the opinions of many that GW is a sham based on selective examples and ignorant of empiric evidence that the Earth may in fact be cooling, and that man has little or no influence over either!

Are we ready for Greenpeace, PETA, and Friends of the Earth to have an international forum with which to harass business and individuals with legal sanction? Have you checked your emissions lately?

When the ICC, the Climate Court, or any other UN or "international" law enforcement comes for you or your Governor there will be no recourse in the U.S. Good luck.

Except that "those in power" will be people who may not agree with a secular, capitalist system. Or even democratic or republican forms of government.

At that point, the Constitution will be a museum piece.

Why not just abandon "nationality" altogether and agree that the U.N. will govern us? Look how well they've done with "Oil for Food," "peacekeeper" rapists and butchers, WHO and other failures.

The NWO will be the end of our civilization and many dems/libs/progressives cannot wait for it any more than they couldn't wait for the "change" and "hope" that will never be borne out.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

[edit on 2-1-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Interpol don't conduct investigations, don't take actions. It's a database and a communication service to help coordinate transnational investigations conducted by police services of different countries like in drug or terrorism cases or gather and centralise information about suspects with activities in different coutries.
They can't and have never arrested anyone.
The US has been a member of Interpol forever.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
INTERPOL has been operating freely in almost every 1st and 2nd World Nation ..

AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED ..!!!

Also .. the Interpol is not a freaking armed army that comes to the streets of a nation and starts arresting random citizens .. they are an investigating team .. they catch the bad guys (International Criminals) .. (Drug dealers,Kidnappers, etc..)

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

In my experience INTERPOL doesn't go out and do anything, they do supply federal & local law enforcement with information.. it could be about a crime... or lets say a US citizen dies in a traffic collision over-seas, local foreign authorities will call INTERPOL, who will call the local agency with the notification.

Hopefully, as indicated in another recent thread.. something about operation stillpoint, INTERPOL will go after politicians & banker gangsters, maybe even war criminals.. maybe this gives them some backdoor enforcement powers.. we'll find out.

Hopefully INTERPOL will stomp on politically fragile toes the US establishment lacks the testicular fortitude to traverse.. like rendering gw bush to some international tribunal to face war crimes charges... he & cheney both deserve a fair trial.

Or INTERPOL will serve some nefarious purpose that serve TPTBs interests...

..btw, was any official reason or justification given for this move?.. like it will "help secure Americas freedoms" or somesuch nonsense?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To give a different viewpoint on a gloomy thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's an interesting read

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

» Political Conspiracies » Operation Stillpoint to destroy America stopped
is this true then maybe that is a direction to look??

(click to open player in new window)

That video the audio is a man who sold USA treasury notes for the Federal Reserve and set up offshore accounts for black ops and more.. the audio here is the pregnant girl from the al qaeda message the days are pregnant the sickness MRSA>. I will die very soon without antibiotics so the way it is now I would have to love a Interpol guy who arrested someone here so I could live!!
www.youtube.com...
And MRSA would be the perfect weapon.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muckyman

That is kinda what I was thinking some one has to stop the looting of this country and the FBI is not going to do it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join