It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. placed under international police-state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
U.S. placed under international police-state

Did this slip past un-noticed? Is this legit? If so, this is a step towards the global police state that some have been warning about.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Man, I hope this isn't legit.

Wow. The repercussions, if all of America actually found out...
(they'd watch more TV)

No but seriously. This isn't good.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
uhmm...EO 12425 reads a little different to me...."INTERNATIONAL" organizations that are located in the borders of the U.S. ...ARE NO LONGER PROTECTED from INTERPOL.... so if a german organization is hiding someone or something in the U.S...interpol has a right to investigate them here, and if found to be illegal, they have a right to act...the U.S. government is no longer going to protect them, if they have done something illegal in their own country.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Exactly. This 'international police state' nonsense has definitely earned itself a place in the bin of the sillier claims we see on here.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

"Thus, Interpol now can conduct its operations on U.S. soil with ZERO accountability to anyone in this country"

That's crazy.

Jimmyx, it's not about Interpol finding a german organization hiding people in the states; they have unlimited power and nobody to regulate them!
Whoever gets in the way; it won't be you , will it?
Unicorn, why is this nonsense?
Jesus, this is just more people in the US with guns and unlimited power.
Are you guys just so chiseled away deep inside by TPTB that this doesn't bother you?
WTF?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
could the US government now through interpol arrest prviously untouchables ?
makes ya wonder....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
INTERPOL has been operating freely in almost every 1st and 2nd World Nation ..

AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED ..!!!

Also .. the Interpol is not a freaking armed army that comes to the streets of a nation and starts arresting random citizens .. they are an investigating team .. they catch the bad guys (International Criminals) .. (Drug dealers,Kidnappers, etc..)

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

Also .. the Interpol is not a freaking armed army that comes to the streets of a nation and starts arresting random citizens .. they are an investigating team .. they catch the bad guys (International Criminals) .. (Drug dealers,Kidnappers, etc..)

So they don't have arms or unlimited power?
They are just tourists then?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

no the are not tourists...but i don't know the answer about arms or actionable power. but if they have been following someone through europe, who is going to cause harm, and that person happens to be able to catch a plane to the US, i wouldn't mind them having the freedom to come into this country and stop them...what event are you fearful of, that you think would take place if interpol did come into this country?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The language of these documents are very simple. They are now immune to the FBI, and ANY regulations (law) this nation has for it's people.

They are, in effect, completely above the law. But this should certainly come as no surprise to anyone staying up to date with this nations "executive" orders...which more and more seem to be coming from back alleys and in some quiet corner of a D.C. Bordello somewhere.

The reason they keep doing this kind of thing is obviously the fact that they ALL believe they are IMMUNE from consequence (i.e. Karma), "Well, OK...as long as it doesn't affect us, and I'm gettin' paid, where do I sign, ha ha haaaaaaa - (scratch scratch scratch)."

I say Wow(!). Journalism used to mean something, but the mainstream is letting this crap slide right by. "Watchdog" my arse. They're nothing... cowardly, complicit and treasonous, IMHO. Benedict Arnold would fit right in now.

I understand the ratings argument of keeping it "entertainment", but could you imagine the ratings that would ensue if they actually started watch-dogging again. Hell, I might actually watch T.V. again! Holy Dollar Signs, Batman!

[edit on 28-12-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
where does it say the are immune from the FBI or any US law? i didn't see that part. and it cannot be "implied" it has to be written.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Exactly what do you think Diplomatic Immunity IS?

Ever seen Lethal Weapon 2?

I jest.

EDIT: OK, so they're not above U.N. law...but they are certainly diplomatically immune to ours.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

no the are not tourists...but i don't know the answer about arms or actionable power. but if they have been following someone through europe, who is going to cause harm, and that person happens to be able to catch a plane to the US, i wouldn't mind them having the freedom to come into this country and stop them...what event are you fearful of, that you think would take place if interpol did come into this country?

The arms and the tourist comments were sarcastic.
I'm not fearful of an event where they would arrive .
I'm fearful of more and more power crashing like a tide against the American people.
We are already in a police state. Now we're in an international one where the international police can have just as much power as the ones we already have except they have even MORE!
Nothing to check them!
That's insane!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar
reply to post by jimmyx

Exactly what do you think Diplomatic Immunity IS?

Ever seen Lethal Weapon 2?

I jest.

EDIT: OK, so they're not above U.N. law...but they are certainly diplomatically immune to ours.

I originally compared this to diplomatic immunity ; but then decided not to keep it in my post.
Funny you mentioned that; I was even thinking of Lethal Weapon when I was making the comparison lol
You made some awesome points above.
I don't understand why this is not scary to some people.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I thought the fbi can do this already to anyone in the world, except china and russians, anyway.

So why should you americans be special. Your country does all this all over the world, and you want to be free from it,

Why and how should you be?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

You people are looking into this way too much .. Nations have given INTERPOL international immunity for years .. almost every nation in the WORLD has permitted INTERPOL to operate freely .. AND NOTHING HAS HAPPEN .. NO BIG EVENT .. NO POLICE-STATE..

They do not arrest RANDOM CITIZENS .. they are the INTERNATIONAL POLICE .. they arrest criminals who are wanted on INTERNATIONAL level ..

Unless you are a Drug Lord , Kidnappers, Kidney Harvester , Human Trafficker, etc.. etc.. you should not be worry about this ..

.. You people are way too paranoid .. stop listening to Alex Jones

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I hope they come and get Bush and all his conspirators. It is one of the saddest things to see international criminals enjoy freedom and the things they stole while the world ignores them.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Im sure it will happen sooner then later. If we dont do something quick then we are all doomed

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

AJ has my ear. He makes perfect sense and has it all figured out, he, along with his VIP guests, some of which are military.

Wake up.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"Thus, Interpol now can conduct its operations on U.S. soil with ZERO accountability to anyone in this country"

That's crazy.

Just as crazy as that the CIA has been able to do that on other countries' soil for a long time, with zero accountability to anybody in those countries.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join