It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Afghan Firebase?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Being an amature military historian and tactician, I have in my years come across stories of hauntings on battlefields like Gettysburg, Germany, France etc.... This account caught me because it follows the same pattern as the others in being that the reports are of Russian soldiers spirits, reaching out to American soldiers in an outlook position near to a firebase. According to the story when the soldiers dug thier positions bones and bodies as well as personal effects were uncovered, thought to be Russian soldiers that were executed by the Mujahadeen. Now the skeptic in my wants to say that battlefield stressors as well as some PTSD could be at work here, as well as the constant "story stacking" by outgoing units posted there. But it is an interesting read to be sure.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reminds me of The Objective movie, just watch it im sure you will notice similarities.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Objective? Never heard of it. Any links or is it at Best buy?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The Objective (warning: might contain spoilers)

Official Site

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Nice, will definatley look it up.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I just read that article and saw you created a thread on it
I was intrigued by this.

The Marines’ predecessors, a unit of Welsh Guards, also produced tales of the unexpected. “The Brits claimed to see weird things, hear noises,” Corporal Lima said. “Lots of them said it’s creepy at night, especially from midnight till 4am. You see a lot of unexplained lights through night-vision goggles.”

Accidental ghost hunting! Given the supposed age of the place, I wonder if only Russian spirits are active there

[edit on 1-1-2010 by hangedman13]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Yeah, I was wondering that as well. The fact that the voices they are hearing are in russian or what they 'believe' to be russian kinda lends itself to the executed soldier theory. But that entire country is soaked in blood and tragedy so who knows.

top topics

join