It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Mitt Romney Will NEVER Be President.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
That's kinda hard to say at this early stage. It's really not all that certain he's going to run. Though I expect that he's certainly thinking about it...

Personally, I think the Republicans, and just for the sake of openness, I'm not one; should concentrate on getting back Congress, and not worry so much about the White House... But that's just me.

So you see my point that there really is no point here.

Romney is not NOT a joke to some and he does not even declared a bid to run let alone secured the nomination. Some people seem to think he is a good idea though because he give the appearance of bipartisanship.

When I replace Romney with McCain, the only thing that changes is the time frame. So what am I missing about Romney that really makes him any more viable? I really am genuinely confused by the point being made that there is any difference at all at this point that makes Romney so viable when McCain failed to be.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I'm gonna keep trying 'til I get it right...

The following is, appropriately enough, my perceptions on the matter. You may, of course, agree or disagree to your hearts content.

The reason Sen. McCain was perceived as a joke by many was that, at least to those people, he stood for nothing...his stances seemingly swayed with the breeze, first one way, then the other. I didn't, and still don't, consider him a "joke"...I just think he's too willing to compromise core belief.

I don't see Gov. Romney in that light. I may be wrong on this, that's why I'll be watching and reading.

A person, even a politician, must stand for something, or, as someone said, they stand for nothing. We base our opinions on values and perceptions of how those values effect the world. We vote for those we feel are best able to represent those values for us.

If McCain, in the last election, represented those values then he wasn't a joke. If President Obama doesn't then regardless of the fact that he won, he will not garner support from that person.

Do you see what I'm driving at? We, each of us, decide for ourselves who is a "joke" and who isn't.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I totally see where you are coming from and do not mean to try to deny your perspective. It is in the context of this particular thread that I see the issue. Romney is already seen by many as a flipflopper. They are essentially the same candidate at this point. I am not arguing how you see it or what you think. It is the idea that Romney is any different to the rest of the world than McCain was in '06. Maybe you see them differently but the bottom line is that McCain was seen as the next great bipartisan hope to save the reps. He had no conviction and was a joke to some. Romney is now being touted as the next great bipartisan hope to save the reps. He seems to have little conviction and is a joke to some. See what I am saying? They are essentially the same candidate if not the same man.

It just looks like general consensus is about the same. Some folks liked McCain and some did not. For pretty much the same reasons, some like Romney and some do not. This is why I do not see how he is really all that much more hopeful than McCain turned out to be. But this is just the way I see it, given the OP of this thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yes, it does appear that way. Kinda nonsensical, isn't it? But that's politics for you...that'll never change.

As you may have noticed, I love yabbering on about politics. Get me started, and off I go.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Well, I would not have been asking if I did not think you would have an interesting answer to offer. Yammer away.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Oh trust me... There's no stopping me... By the end of 2010 y'all are going to be sick of me...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
There are only two politicians in the entire country that should be elected again to anything..

Sara Palin and Ron Paul

please never use ron paul's name attached to sarah palin,,

i almost puked,,,,

there is no comparison,,,,,, sarah is a bimbo and a quitter

ron paul is a doctor,,, studied on economics and the constitution,,,,
hasn't quit yet and been fighting big gov't for 30 years

a principled man,,, not a sellout,,,, when his audit the fed legislation passed and made it into a bill,,,, he still voted no,,,,, because the entire bill was bad,,,,,,,

now that is amazing and something i can respect

of course palin can see russia from her house,,,,,,, hey maybe paul can see mexico from gavelston

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join