It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the pups come tonight?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A few months ago a stray dog happened by and my male dog loved her very much. We sort of reluctantly took her in thinking she might go back home at any time and anyway, it looks like the puppy's might come tonight. Do dogs need assistance to have pups are do they pretty much know how to deal with the situation? I don't recall ever having dealt with this type of thing before? She looks like she must have ten of em in her. She's about the size of a pit bull dog, - a pregnant one that is- brown and white, real lady like. Its easy to see why my dog fell for her. I have no clue what to do though. .

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

Nature has been handling this for thousands of years my friend.

Stay close to assist, help pull, wash etc.. but otherwise, let nature take it's course.

Just watch and enjoy the magic that is our wonderful world.

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is so exciting..! Good luck! I found some links for you that might be useful.

www.2ndchance.info...

www.dog-world.com.au...

hubpages.com...

www.savf.org.za...

....and we want pics when it's all done!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We need an update. Any pups yet?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Still no pups I think she must be having brackston hicks or false labor. Shes just playing on our sympathy. LOL! Her temp is slowly dropping. 99.3 was the last reading we got a couple of hours ago. My niece said they will come in 24 hours once her temp has lowered to 98.5.

Shes pitiful.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

awwww shes looks adorable!!!!!

Good luck

And give is baby pics when ready>

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I will post pics when they arrive. I hope they come soon she can barely get around.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Good luck with your midwife-ing!!!

On a somber note though, sometimes, animals don't always have all babies come out breathing, so have a plan there...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Very true Gaz.

if you have kids around Voyager, the best trick is to quickly wrap them in a towel and carry them off. Soemtimes you can rub them to get going.

By the way, pepare for the gross out factors as she may eat the placenta.

And one last thing, the best thing to remove any blood:

salt

just rub or cover it with salt, let it sit a few minutes, and then you can wash it out. Works like a charm every time.

Your poor puppy, she so looks like she is ready to have her pups.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We found her in the barn a while ago and put her in the car and brought her in. She probably had a perfect place to have those pups but its pretty cold outside here tonight. She's so heavy she can't get in and out of our SUV. She's like a huge watermelon with legs and a pretty face. LOL

Shes not easy to carry thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sounds like the time is getting near, what with her trip to the barn. I would have brought her in, too.

Animals instinctively seem to know what to do. The only cat/dog we ever had have trouble birthing was a small breed cat who accidentally mated with a huge alley cat. The kittens were too big for her, only one survived, and she had to be taken to the vet for care afterward. Oh, also, from the time she has her first pup to the time the last one is delivered could take hours.

Lots of good advice above.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well we have 8 pups now. She had her first at 5:15 AM this morning 12-29-09

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Oh my god...well done! Can't wait to see the pics and hope they're all healthy and thriving......give Mama dog a big kiss from me!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

8 Pups!!! not her first time Id say!
And all ok so far?
Well done mama!

Congrats

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The pups stopped coming at 12. Unfortunately two were still born. Man I hate that. No wonder she was so big. The picture really doesn't do justice as to how big she was. I'll load some pics in a bit.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Here is a photo of our new momma with her pups. She seems to be a very good mamma. She goes out to use the bathroom and comes right back in to take care of her young. 10 puppys almost sound like a swarm of bees when they get hungry and start feeding. Its crazy.

I had some pics more preferable but she kept moving and the slow shutter speed on my phone doesn't allow for that. They were kind of blurry so, this is the cleanest shot of them.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

awwww! can i move in for a bit???

How the heck did she fit them all in her tummy!
beautiful, thx for sharing, post more if you can, can't get enough of puppies!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

They are so beautiful...thank you so much for keeping us updated. I'm very sorry to hear that two didn't make it...that is hard, but 10 puppies is still a very large litter. Are you going to keep any of them yourself? I too wish I was closer and I could help with looking after them, and have some for me when you decide to rehome them....if you can ever bear to part with them, that is!

'Nother kiss for Mama from me please.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
10 puppies!!! Holy smokes!
Congrats Voy...

they are so freakin cute...
(Hide your slippers)

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
No joke I blew in both puppy's nose to get them going but they wouldn't. I think they must have already died waiting to get out somehow. It ain't like we aint got enough of em though good lord.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join