It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman attending brawl hit with rock

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Well 4 versus 80 isn't smart either, the guy is lucky to be alive.

Simple as that, and warning shots may break up a fight, I guess this means all cops should carry less-lethal rounds that still make a bang sound.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A good mate of my was a sergeant in the NT for years, she would send me pics and stories of the clan wars, where all they could do was show up, and they never intervened except to take away the wounded.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

With nonlethal rounds in a gun then there would be another conundrum. You need lethal rounds and are stuck with only blanks in your gun. Unless they carried two guns but that would certainly be an accident waiting to happen and someone either cop or civilian would end up dead for sure.

As for the 4 vs. 80 that is a job police sign up for at times. When you have no back up you have to do what you have to do to get the job done correctly. Not much different than military when it comes to bad deals at times. In a perfect world the police would always have the number needed and no one would end up hurt. Actually in a perfect world we would not even need the police because we would not have morons like the fools that beat this poor guy down.

The problem here is that a community (and it is happening worldwide) is allowing people like this to be who they are. This is when communities need to stand up and put people in their place and not allow for this type of behavior to begin with. The thuggish life style should have been nipped in the bud years ago, but the thugs seem to be popular and have a following.

Raist

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

There are no such thing as nonlethal rounds, they are considered less-lethal/not-as-lethal rounds. People can still die from Rubber Bullets and Bean Bag ammo.

And yeah i agree if we lived in a perfect world we wouldn't need police and i hope one day people can obtain that world.

As for now though, it seems police should carry riot gear in their trunks.

And i agree with Zazz, don't intervene just take the wounded when you are done.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Quickfix]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There are nonlethal "rounds" they are called blanks. All they do is make the sound though unless you are point blank and then you face the pressure that is released. They use them in the movies.

These though being used as I mentioned would be dangerous to both the police and the public though.

Raist

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

People can still die from Rubber bullets and Bean bag rounds.

So non-lethal is a misconception.

I know cause I was talking with a few cops at school the other day.

Anyways, I don't see this thread getting as much attention as it should.

Maybe we can use the thread as an example why human-beings need to be regulated, or a warning to the government.

"We cook your meals, we take out your garbage, we connecct your calls, we guard you while you sleep, do not, # with us." - Tyler Derdun - Fight Club

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Blanks……..

What part of blanks do you not understand? Blanks make sound only. They are a shell that is sealed at the end but only have the powder inside. They are fired but only make a sound. They can be lethal only if you are putting the end of the gun against your body.

This is a nonlethal round. It is like a cap gun sort of thing for adults, they use them in the movies. This is not bean bag or rubber bullets. It only makes sound. Sound only comes from this shell (well granted there will be some smoke and the force which greats the sound).

Blanks…… like the saying he is shooting blanks? Meaning nothing is there.

Blanks

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Blanks……..

What part of blanks do you not understand? Blanks make sound only. They are a shell that is sealed at the end but only have the powder inside. They are fired but only make a sound. They can be lethal only if you are putting the end of the gun against your body.

This is a nonlethal round. It is like a cap gun sort of thing for adults, they use them in the movies. This is not bean bag or rubber bullets. It only makes sound. Sound only comes from this shell (well granted there will be some smoke and the force which greats the sound).

Blanks…… like the saying he is shooting blanks? Meaning nothing is there.

Blanks

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Blanks can only be lethal if you place the barrel of the gun to an area where vital organs are.

I have no idea as to the situations the other “nonlethal” rounds can become lethal. I assumed you meant at a distance which is certainly when a nonlethal round would be used. At close range it would be moronic on any one to use a nonlethal round. So I was explaining that blanks are only lethal at touching range. As I said I was under the impression we were discussing distance with the issue. I can see how at close range those can become lethal as well. At a distance I am not sure if they can or cannot be lethal or even the distances involved.

I guess after all of this we were sort of headed the same direction just not at the same level.

I am not sure any cop or human can be prepared for anything like what this guy went through. You can plan things out and be “prepared” in a sense, but really I doubt anyone could truly prepare for such an instance. I guess in the end it all gets played out by ear to a degree.

Raist

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join