It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman attending brawl hit with rock

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Policeman attending brawl hit with rock

au.news.yahoo.com

A Wyndham policeman with two young children may need plastic surgery after a rock was thrown into his face as he attempted to break up a drunken brawl.

The brawl broke out about 1.30am between up to 80 people in the early hours of Christmas Day morning.

Insp. Jim Cave from the Kimberley police district said that the senior constable had been one of four officers who went to Kwinana Street to respond to a fight between warring families.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.ninemsn.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War has been declared in Australia.

[edit on 26/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
You know, I hate hearing about stories like this, they seem to occur all too often.

How daunting must it be to be a cop in a remote town like Wyndham.

4 people trying to break up a brawl of 80, what chance do they have?

But there's an underlying issue here, which is a touchy subject but in short, this petty warring of families must stop, it's time to act like humans, not animals.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

it's time to act like humans, not animals.

we are acting like humans, we are animals.

you cant stop what is ultimately the force of nature.

this behavior is innate, its not learned. even tribes beyond the far reaches of television or internet or beyond any means of modern day multimedia, still act violently. so no we are not acting like this because its what we see on tv, or see in videogames; we are animals.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by deadlysponge]

please don't circumvent the automatic censors.

Thanks,

gallopinghordes
ATS member and mod

[edit on 26-12-2009 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's really such a disgrace that these types of incidents are now common place in most communities. These drunken louts think they are above the law. I hope they get the harshest sentence possible.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge

we are acting like humans, we are animals.

you cant stop what is ultimately the force of nature.

this behavior is innate, its not learned. even tribes beyond the far reaches of television or internet or beyond any means of modern day multimedia, still act violently. so no we are not acting like this because its what we see on tv, or see in videogames; we are animals.

I don't think there are too many tribes who fight amongst themselves though, that kind of hate is usually reserved for racial or religious types.

Edit: FaCK the police

By saying that, you're basically supporting the bashing of police.

Well done.

CX

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

How daunting must it be to be a cop in a remote town like Wyndham.

4 people trying to break up a brawl of 80, what chance do they have?

I'm not sure i even would try and break it up if i was outnumbered by that many. Leave em to it and pick up the pieces.

If you are the only cops around, and you throw yourself into a huge scrap like that, you are just asking for trouble and potentialy leaving the place without a police force when you get your head kicked in.

It's a skill assessing the risk of entering a situation like this, and sometimes you have to know when to leave it a bit. I had a partner once who ran into a pub full of fighting soldiers once, i'd told him to wait for backup but he decided his black belt in Tae-Kwondo would see him right.

It did....right through the pubs glass door.

My best wishes go out to this officer though, another one paying the price of trying to help people.

CX.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge

Edit: FaCK the police

Ok and you have this vast knowledge of tribe behavior due to??????? TV I assume! Your wrong...and having been in parts of South America and one spot in Africa where tribes do exsist, I can tell you they do not fight and attack their own kind just to raise hell, they do not get drunk and act like douchbags, they do not walk around with their chest puffed out thinking they are the baddast man alive because they learned some MMA or watched the UFC to long, etc....

Tribes fight for survival, and protect all they have left...thats what they do! This incident is just a bunch of jerkoffs who can't handle their alcohol!

As for your EDIT add on....well that proves to me your right there at the level of these drunken fools...good for you...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by deadlysponge

We are animals, and we have the ability to change what we are, as we are able to realize we can be better.
A fellow was thrashed trying to stop a fight.
He was doing his job.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow that poor fellow got messed up bad. That must have been some rock.

I myself am sick of the drunken buffoons running around thinking only of their own desires. People like this need to be put to use. If they desire to use their extra energy in such a manner perhaps they should be put to work to burn it off.

A good bit of work might get these morons to be too tired to do this or maybe it will get them thinking about how to act a if they were a better person.

Raist

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by deadlysponge

Animals we might be but we have the ability to rise above our desires through control. Those who have no control are no better than a primate and should either be left to fend for themselves in the wilds or be placed in cages.

Again (in case you missed it) we might be animals but we should work to be better than just acting on whatever desires cross our minds. Blindly following desires it out right dangerous not only to oneself but to those around them as can be seen by this incident. This cop was doing his job. The job it to help keep peace within the society in which he lives/works. We the people pay for such services because many are either to weak or cowardly to do the job themselves.

Reading your post one can see you are barely a step above those who attacked this cop to begin with.

Raist

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
At least he still is alive. How often you hear police killing people with tazers etc.? People can only take so much abuse before they start fighting back.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

That is by far the stupidest comparison ever made! Drunken aholes are fighting and causing trouble, cop tries to do his job by breaking them up, and you justify their actions because your upset at a totally different issue?

Somehow trying to say this cop was ABUSING his power to justify what they did to him is REALLY sad!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's not a totally different issue. You missed my point totally. Let me spell it out for you. Cops have lost all respect in the peoples eyes because the continually demonstrate that they abuse their powers and get away with it. This will result in more contempt and hatered of cops and as such this is what we get. I never said this cop was abusing his powers. As far I can tell he was doing his job. Also I never justified the drunks actions either. I was merely pointing at the underlying reason.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I understand your point, but do not agree with it. No one ever seems to put things into perspective when it comes to law enforcement officers and the negative issues surrounding the profession.

Law Enforcement officers at every level (federal, state, local) across the globe have hundreds of MILLIONS of encounters with citizens each year. My department alone for 2009 (our stats just came out before Christmas) had 287,776 encounters with the citizens of this city and county. Out of all of those encounters there was 1 incident that was questioned by the public and was found, after an investigation, that the officer was out of line and was fired.

Now here on ATS we have many cop haters who will post a video or story that they found from 2005 and say LOOK AT THIS, COPS RUNNING WILD, NAZIS, POLICE STATE, BLAH BLAH BLAH....put together a REAL ratio of negative incidents (unjust tasering, shootings, beatings, etc...) and compare them to the amount of interactions we as LEO's have with the public...and trust me.. there is no abuse of power, police state, out of control anything....just people blinded by paranoia and hate...or simply not understanding logic!

EDIT TO ADD: If you go by MSM reports sure it seems like cops are out of control...it takes them 5 years to gather up 100 clips to show and say look at this...hell give me 5 years to gather up info on any ATS member and I can make them out to be satan...

[edit on 12/26/2009 by rcwj1975]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't agree with the way things are going either. Since video cameras became more available and internet was invented those few stories get huge publicity. That in turn breeds hate and contempt towards cops in general and these days it's difficult to find a person who has respect for cops at all. That's why someone who is drunk actually behaves like that. There is a drift phenomenon going on between people and police. Several things contribute but most importantly it's the system which doesn't treat commoners and police as equals. That we've seen demonstrated over and over again. Also 'dragonian' stop and search laws and patriot acts etc. are a major factor.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I understand the point you are trying to make. But you also have to understand nearly everything is a two way road. You can say the people are angry because of the way police are acting but one could also turn that around and say police are angry because of the way people are acting.

I am not defending any and all police actions I see many times though on ATS where a cop is doing the right thing and some angry nutcase (not saying you here) comes in and starts calling for the death of all cops and saying they are all bad. On the other hand I see where there is a cop that is obviously in the wrong and still gets some nut case defending their actions.

Mainly though the whole thing is the chicken and the egg scenario. I see plenty of average people out acting like a fool on a daily basis so much so they make me want to beat them down. Only the law says that I cannot do that without facing some sort of repercussions. Not all the cop taserings are bad some are certainly questionable. But really much of things today seem to be boiling down to the fact that if we really look around we can see more people like these fools around.

Seriously look at some of the ridiculous 911 calls. People call because McDonalds ran out of chicken McNuggets and such. You have people getting mad and trowing a fit in stores because they feel they have the right to step in front of others and try to make it into a racial issue (this taken from a recent nearby event that finally went to court). I see many more people acting completely stupid for no reason. People seem to be becoming more selfish and self-centered. If things are not going their way they seem to throw a fit.

Again I am not saying there are not bad cops we all know there are plenty of them out there. The thing is there are more bad “average people” than there are bad cops. Society itself is caving in due to the corrupt nature of mankind. You cannot look at the actions of the day without seeing some heartless uncaring jerk off acting like a complete moron.

Raist

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a rock ??? it looks like he was hit by a goddamn boulder.

poor guy, but who knows, maybe he was a dirty cop who had it a long time coming.

If I was a cop and I came across that scene I would just kick back in my car and enjoy the show, ... or shoot smoke grenades into the crowd.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Police bashed and bitten by woman in Inverell

TWO officers have suffered facial injuries and one of them bites after being assaulted by a woman in northern NSW, police say. The officers attended a home at Inverell about 5.45pm (AEDT)on Saturday after reports that a woman was injured by a broken window. "Upon their arrival, the officers were met with a female who allegedly began to assault them," police said in a statement. "Family members of the woman then allegedly began to assault the police.

www.perthnow.com.au...

More crap, I guess these cops were taking liberties too...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That's some nasty wound. That must have been some kind of rock.

Here's hoping the officer recovers well.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
as anybody on here who knows me knows i like cops and have many friends who are cops.
but 4 cops trying to break up an angry mob of 80 drunken idiots- that is just asinine- wtf could they be thinking?
i feel really sorry for him but stupid is as stupid does! i mean lets say if your garbage disposal was running and suddenly got jammed would you stick your hand in it without turning it off? if you do you ask for what you get
and on a higher note-maybe this will show the gov't what happens when the people band together and can outnumber them.
i hope he comes out ok tho but learned a lesson- as cruel as that may sound

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join