It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma kills yet another celebrity: Brittany Murphy on multiple prescriptions at time of death

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Does anyone have any idea what this person is saying?
Because I'm totally lost.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

Thanks for the post!

What you are saying for the benefit of others is;
the numbers are wrong, we are seduced by big pharma(see article posted already),
natural remedies' abilities are magical compared to pharmaceuticals,
your body already has the ability to cure itself, we just dont know that,
someone either is acting like a shill or is feeding them,
and someone is loved in the beauty of zero point!
I agree for the most part!
I'll have to look into the zero point thingy though!

And I'd have to say, a shill is just a shell needing different insides!

Besides, theres the purty norway lights threads to keep em busy now!

We don't need namecalling here though, IMO.
Thanks again!

Dj Paul Oakenfold: 'Brittany Murphy Had Massive Potential'

"I demoed three other girls on that song and some of the girls were pretty big singers - and Brittany blew them away."

www.newkerala.com...
Great site it looks like!
www.newkerala.com...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The "E" news today:

Not good.

Brittany Murphy's Death Certificate Released

www.eonline.com...
More stories at the bottom of the page.

Brittany Murphy and the beastly cult of perfection

Murphy, 32, was said to suffer from a heart murmur and a food disorder. Reports state that up to 10 types of prescription drugs were found in her home – for bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety and to stop seizures. There were also pain-relief pills, for what has been widely described as a "plastic surgery addiction" – breast job, nose job, lip job and liposuction – a list that can only be viewed with sadness and anger

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Do you know what people OD the most on in the US?

tylenol

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Thats interesting NN!
I did not know that!
Do you have any linky poos by any chance?
Thanks for the post!

Um, lets take a look at Tylenol, shall we?

Tylenol (Acetaminophen)

Tylenol is a very effective pain-killing (analgesic) and fever-reducing (anti-pyretic) agent. It is also a very safe drug as long as the recommended dosage is not exceeded. In fact, the use of Tylenol instead of aspirin to treat fevers in infants has greatly reduced the occurrence of Reye's syndrome, an often fatal form of liver failure. Ironically, however, taking too much Tylenol (an overdose) can also cause liver failure, although by a different process (mechanism), as discussed below

www.medicinenet.com...

If anyone knows about the dangers posed by medicines, it's pharmacist Michael R. Cohen, president of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, a nonprofit group that publishes an influential newsletter about medication errors.

So imagine Cohen's dismay when he realized that he had made a common, and potentially lethal, mistake using an over-the-counter painkiller to treat a recent shoulder injury. Instead of taking one or two tablets of Tylenol Arthritis Pain every eight hours, as directed on the package, Cohen took two tablets every four hours, the standard dosing for regular Tylenol. As a result, he ingested about six grams of the active ingredient, acetaminophen, for several days, 20 percent more than the dose considered to be safe and an amount that placed him at elevated risk of potentially fatal liver damage.

www.post-gazette.com...

Hmm...thats also interesting,...and dangerous!

I mean, if Michael R. Cohen, president of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices can't even tell how to take a dang asprin,
how do the rest of us stand a chance of getting any of it right?

We admit we dont read labels or instructions,
then if we do we get them wrong anyway.
Not to mention the unknown interactions
affecting individual metabolism!

No wonder theres such a problem!
Oh well, more profits for -you know who- if we stay sick!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
First off, if indeed she does have lupus that is all the explanation you need right there. Lupus can cause cardiac failure at any time.

There are also many variations of it which may be why she was on an autoimmune drug.

Most people who seek fame and fortune suffer from narcisstic personality disorder. It is not like what people think narcissism is. They need constant attention and adoration and outside attention to justify their self worth, they despise themselves on the inside. So they are very prone to drinking, drugs and alcohol to ease the despair.

People with NPD flock to jobs like actors, politicians, or anything that brings them a lot of attention.

Which is why the list of famous people killed by drugs is so long, but explainable.

It has to do with mental illness, not big pharma.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Actually it has more to do with the fact that a lot of people suffer chronic pain and because of the stigma attached to opiates, they are hard to get.

so instead of treating pain, people are told to exercise and the person still suffers, and ends up overdosing on tylenol to try to kill it. Many turn to illegal drugs as well.

yes some of it is drug labeling. But a lot of it isn't.

And a lot of it is the medical communities fault.

Studies done by the army on chronic pain patients have found that people experience pain long after a problem has healed. Tehy have come to the conclusion that if the pain messages travel the same nerve paths long enough, it becomes a permenant highway. So even if the wound heals, say a bad knee, the nerves are now stuck on a feedback loop because the pain was allowed to go on too long.

Because doctors insist on trying to get away with as little pain medication as possible.
Instead of lettting it get worse and worse until a person ends up exhausted fighting it and is on it long term.

IN turn, what they should be doing is dosing a person enough so they don't feel pain and then the feedback loop doesn't start.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Brittany Murphy and the beastly cult of perfection

Murphy, 32, was said to suffer from a heart murmur and a food disorder. Reports state that up to 10 types of prescription drugs were found in her home – for bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety and to stop seizures. There were also pain-relief pills, for what has been widely described as a "plastic surgery addiction" – breast job, nose job, lip job and liposuction – a list that can only be viewed with sadness and anger

There it is right there. The woman is exhibiting every symptom of NPD, which can be confused with bipolar.

Bipolar can also create a lot of physical pain. Which may be the reasons for the pain meds. One of them is an anti seisure medication, so that may not necessarily be for seizures, but for pain control or bpd. If she was trying to perfect herself, she was a very unhappy person indeed.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Thanks for that! Star!
Its too bad so many have to resort to dangerous pharmaceuticals
to help with their mental illnesses.

Hopefully this thread will help spread some good news
that there is another way!
There are several herbs listed for this earlier in the thread!
Also many good books on the subject.
Right along with that, it is hard to find a good doctor,
whether they are a natural remedy practitioner or not. IMO

Maybe in a big city there would be more opportunity for alternate treatments.
Around these parts, we're pretty limited as far as that goes.
We're somewhat forced to use "granma's" cures!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Thats a great point N! Thanks!

There are different ways to deal with pain.
The common thinking seems to be take drugs first and if that doesnt work
then surgery, with no other options even thought about.
Thats crazy insane!
We need to get away from that thinking!

Labels will only work if they are read, understood and followed.

And a lot of it is the medical communities fault.

Bingo, and alot of it is personal responsibility also!

Very good info about pain! Star!

[edit on 29-12-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the diagnostic classification system used in the United States, as "a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, the need for admiration, and a lack of empathy."[1]

The narcissist is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, and prestige.[2] Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness

en.wikipedia.org...

Lupus is an autoimmune disease characterized by acute and chronic inflammation of various tissues of the body. Autoimmune diseases are illnesses that occur when the body's tissues are attacked by its own immune system

Patients with lupus produce abnormal antibodies in their blood that target tissues within their own body rather than foreign infectious agents.

Sometimes lupus can cause disease of the skin, heart, lungs, kidneys, joints, and/or nervous system.

www.medicinenet.com...

Mild lupus sufferers, like Jackson, are actually more at risk for having a fatal heart attack, according to Dr Michael Lockshin, a rheumatologist at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The forensic pathologist said one of the drugs found there was one that MJ was taking also!
Hmm....
Thanks NN!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Interesting post about the "Tylenol".

Tylenol is a North American brand of drugs for relieving pain, reducing fever, and relieving the symptoms of allergies, cold, cough, and flu. The active ingredient of its original, flagship product, acetaminophen (called "paracetamol" outside North America), is marketed as an analgesic and antipyretic.

Tylenol-Wiki

That painkiller is also well known in Northern Europe, as well as the list shows, almost everywhere. Just it goes by other names :

wiki/List_of_paracetamol_brand_names

And where i'm located, very easy to buy and are not expensive. Just the fact that, as you also point out, the product is safe as long as the use is moderated. If not, it's very toxic.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Thank you!
Very nice post!
Boy I hate to be the bearer of bad news again but....

Tylenol Arthritis Caplet voluntary recall expanded

According to a statement posted to the Food and Drug Administration Web site late Monday, the New Brunswick, N.J., company is now recalling all product lots of the Arthritis Pain Caplet 100 count bottles with the red EZ-Open Cap.

J&J's McNeil consumer health care division sells a range of over-the-counter medicines, including cold reliever Sudafed and the antacid Mylanta. The unit posted $16 billion in sales in 2008, according to J&J's annual report.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Thanks for share that news. Sounds like same symptoms of food poisoning. "Accidents" happens sometimes, also with food production.
Good thing they could trace it. Btw. mold is used in medicine.The so called "controlled" mold.

Lets stick to the old herbes from grandma

[edit on 30-12-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sure alot of accidents....

Ya, LOL!
They havent failed me yet, nor have they ever been recalled.

I have actually used herbs that were over 10 years old.
They did not work quite as well nor were they as strong,
but done the job well nonetheless.
Way to dry around here for serious mold anyway.

Its all in how you store, eh?
Are you dissin' on Granma now?

(her chicken soup is fabulous, btw)

Dr. Stephen Rennard, MD at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, thought his family's chicken soup really did work, but as a scientist, he wanted proof.

Rennard tested his theory and added his wife's home made chicken soup to white blood cells, called neutrophils. To his surprise, the soup did slow the neutrophils. In fact, he claims that chemicals in the broth-based elixir clears a stuffy nose by inhibiting inflammation of the cells in the nasal passages.

www.sixwise.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

Sure alot of accidents....

Ya, LOL!
They havent failed me yet, nor have they ever been recalled.

I have actually used herbs that were over 10 years old.
They did not work quite as well nor were they as strong,
but done the job well nonetheless.
Way to dry around here for serious mold anyway.

Its all in how you store, eh?
Are you dissin' on Granma now?

(her chicken soup is fabulous, btw)

Dr. Stephen Rennard, MD at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, thought his family's chicken soup really did work, but as a scientist, he wanted proof.

Rennard tested his theory and added his wife's home made chicken soup to white blood cells, called neutrophils. To his surprise, the soup did slow the neutrophils. In fact, he claims that chemicals in the broth-based elixir clears a stuffy nose by inhibiting inflammation of the cells in the nasal passages.

www.sixwise.com...

You said something about digging a hole..
Chicken soup, without the chicken

You do know about Salmonella, no ?
Lets have a talk about that

I wonder if you would share some info about lets say Salvia

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Maybe someone else can help you out with those topics.

I no longer have an interest in your personal education.
You wish to mock me, not to learn from my experience.
I see where this is going now.
How sad. I am sorry.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

G'day again dodadoom.....

Here's a real & current situation for you to ponder:

We agree that medical Co's shouldn't "bribe" hospitals to use their products.

Medical Co "A" sells a relatively inexpensive life saving product, in huge volumes.

Medical Co "B" sells a competing product that performs just as well as the product from Medical Co "A", in similar huge volumes.

In order to get the hospital to buy their product, Medical Co "A" decides to get the hospital to buy their product by "bribing" them by way of giving them an extremely expensive piece of life saving equipment at no charge (Medical Co "A" has to buy it for the hospital ...it's not one of their own products), as long as the hospital keeps buying the volume product.

Is that OK or not?

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Honest.First i'm a vegetarian. That's why no chicken.
The Salvia and other herbes i'm experienced in growing, but not that much knowledge in use for medical treatment. No mock from here...

[edit on 30-12-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hey Maybe! Good day too you!

I would have to say a bribe is a bribe,
but human nature sometimes instigates corruption.
Most are above it, but everyone has a price.

To be frank. I am not a lawyer.

It doesnt sound to ethical to me,
but I suppose it happens.
How about, whatever is best for the patients?

I am sorry for my lack of humor tonight.
You showed up just in time.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join