It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma kills yet another celebrity: Brittany Murphy on multiple prescriptions at time of death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It's not normal to die at age 32 of a heart attack. To make that happen, you normally have to be taking chemical substances of some kind, either recreational drugs or prescription drugs. Actress Brittany Murphy, who died this last weekend from a heart attack, was reportedly taking prescription drugs to treat the symptoms of the flu (not to actually treat the flu itself, mind you, just the symptoms of the flu). She was found collapsed in her shower after her heart gave out.

The following also from,
www.naturalnews.com...

If prescription drugs are the cause, this would be just the latest celebrity death caused by pharmaceuticals. Other celebrity deaths recently caused by pharmaceuticals include:
(List is on the link above).

Prescription narcotics cause more deaths than both heroin and coc aine

www.naturalnews.com...

Edit for clarification and to fix linky's! Sorry!

[edit on 25-12-2009 by dodadoom]

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
BigPharma was simply a means to an end, like so many other things.

Britney Murphy killed Britney Murphy.

Star's take prescription drugs because its easier than buying them on the streets, .... they know exactly what they want and where to get them, their not innocent children being handed Motrin and then accidentaly overdosing.

They know which doctor's to go to, and in alot of cases, have mutliple doctor's to prescribe them whatever they want. They knowingly abuse the system as well as their prescriptions, they know the dangers of mixing and abusing meds yet they continue anyway in search of the high.

Have you seen britney murphy these last few years ??? in interviews and stuff ?? she's been jacked up for awhile.

Am I supposed to feel bad for these Junky's ??? If I could get the habit off my back with no money, and no support there's no way in hell I'm gonna feel bad for some pampered celebrity who has all the resources in the world but would rather get high.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I wouldnt solely blame it on medication

Stress, family history and high blood pressure all lead to heart attacks according to cardiologists. Either way Im waiting to see what the coroner and the toxicology results say before making any judgement.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's a big stretch to blame the pharmaceutical industry for the deaths of any of the individuals you name.

The abuse of pharmaceuticals is likely in some cases listed. It would seem that your criterion for blaming "big pharma" for someone's death is the mere fact that they may have been taking prescription drugs at the time of their death.

"Big pharma" is responsible for saving far more lives than it has taken and has made life safer and more satisfying for millions.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I agree, drugs kill.
People still take them anyway.
Free choice.
Unfortunately big pharma makes it seem like you dont have any!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Good advice Oz!

I didnt get the quotes right earlier.

Although the recent deaths have been suspicious....

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Hi Grady!
Once again drugs are bad. Agreed.
But the abuse of them is even worse!

There are alternatives you know....

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year you guys,
thanks for the replies!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
IF, she was abusing RXs, it was probably for the high-energy/high-profile
lifestyle she sought to keep going...

from the filtered info i get, the RXs of choice for getting buzzed/high are the plethora of 'pain-killers' that can be over-prescribed...or else obtained surreptiously by the addict(ed) person [celebrity in this case]

so it may well have been an accident-waiting-to-happen ->
but like an earlier poster says---let's get the full info first !

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
hey hey now not all drugs can kill

some of my loved is taking some drugs for some health issues only two min issues, you cant say all drugs can kill.

You guys really wear tin full hats

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Perhaps a higher intelligence is at work in many cases of drug related/ celebrity related deaths, kinds of like a cattle herding process involving obligations and stress that leads one to become a drug dependant..

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

True.
But they can kill if they are abused!
Thanks!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thaknobodi

No doubt.
It is an ugly occupation sometimes and a scary environment to work in.
IMO

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Do you post a list of broken links in all your threads, or just this one?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner

Do you post a list of broken links in all your threads, or just this one?

It must be your computer

All those links worked fine for me

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Now my family member who wanted to be a doctor quieted there study said something i find it very interesting maybe breast cancer might have played a role in it?

Women are very soft well i err i mean the other tone of my word forgive all you women outhere

anyhow she said breast cancer might have played a role in here also,we have to wait see if the pills did any role.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I thought Patrick Swayze and Farrah Fawcett died cause of cancer.

Not saying they did not take prescription drugs. Even if they had these drugs before they got the diognosis, where is the proof the cancer was caused by the drugs

If the drugs were taken in the period struggling with cancer, you believe they would still be here today, if they had chosen an alternative

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I didn't read your links but this may fit.

Janis Joplin
Jimmy Hendricks
Freddie Prince
John Baluchi
Elvis Presley
Crap, anybody that has peaked and is worth more to their managers in Royalties.
Drugs make it so easy.
forgive sp

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks Oz!

Now they wont work at all for me!

I just took them out.
The list is on the link I gave anyway, same source.

Thanks for letting me know..

If anyone has any updates, you can throw it up here if you want.
I'm just kinda curious myself.
Seems a bit suspicious, but tragic nontheless!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer in January 2008, Swayze told Barbara Walters a year later that he was "kicking it".[2] However, he died from the disease on September 14, 2009
----------
and underwent chemotherapy and treatment with an experimental drug Vatalanib to cut off the blood supply to the tumor at the Stanford University

Um, sounds like the experiment failed to me!
Recently,
I went in to get my back looked at.
250 dollars for the prescription, which I never did get btw.
So I go into to a good chiropractor a couple of times, and I feel tons better!
Why would you go under the knife before trying something a little less invasive? Just seems crazy to me!

When Barbara Walters asked him if he was using any holistic or alternative methods of treatment besides the chemotherapy, Swayze admitted to using some Chinese herbs, but not much. He then voiced his opposition to alternative therapy, as noted by ABC News journalist Joseph Brownstein

en.wikipedia.org...
Too bad the side affects are sometimes as bad as the cure!
And we never do get "cured" of course.
Its never about healing of the entire person,
its all about prescriptions and surgery.

I think "big pharma" in this case refers to the huge industry that it has become!
Its a business to make money and patch people up.
Not to heal the entire individual.

If the drugs were taken in the period struggling with cancer, you believe they would still be here today, if they had chosen an alternative

Sadly we'll never know.
I wonder how much Vatalanib costs, just out of curiosity.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join