It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma kills yet another celebrity: Brittany Murphy on multiple prescriptions at time of death

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Thanks Maybe!
I don't doubt it.

While I'm sure she was in fact on perscription meds, they certainly didn't kill her. She was a Winter Solstice sacrafice. Look at the day she was killed, look into history and things will start to piece together. Hollywood has been getting outted over the last couple of months for what it truly is:
Find the truth in all this. The more who are aware, the more we are all set free.

Wow!
Who am I to doubt it?
I have seen alot of weird sheet in my day!

But for the sake of any doubters on here,
do you happen to have any kinda links to this, UL?

[edit on 28-12-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

I'm pretty sure you just made those numbers up, because the number of people who die in hospitals from mistakes is much lower, even if the amount of people who die in hospitals from natural causes may in reality be somewhat close to that number.
Just don't make the mistake of confusing cause of death.
And you sound bitter.
Now, if they only made a medication to cure atrocious grammar...oh wait, they did...it's called school.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

english is my third language so the grammar is what it be.
and no im not bitter mearly pointing out that ordinary people die on a regular basis and when a holywood star falls they fall, simple as that.

nothing magical

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Okay, well fair enough about the language, I'll leave that one alone then.
Basically, yes, people die all the time.
It's the sensationalistic nature of the media coverage of certain deaths is what this thread was essentially pointing out.
And, if I'm not mistaken, the title of this thread was literally ripped from the headlines of a news article.
It's done that way on purpose, to get people to pay attention.
Which it has done, quite successfully I might add, to you, myself and a dozen others.
No need to argue or anything, we were talking about the celebrity lifestyle at the same time as debating on the current health/lifestyle trend as it pertains to the average American.
However, when you just start throwing arbitrary numbers out there all the while dismissing someone else's point of view, well, it's just rude and silly.
If you come to a thread (and yes, I'm guilty of doing it myself, so excuse the hypocritical nature of my statement) and just throw down 'who cares? big deal' type statements, you will be met with similar aggression, albeit eloquently and civilly stated.
If you don't care (which I don't care about the actual cause of the discussion rather than the outcome and civility of which it's conducted), then there's really no need to carry on. You posted, made your point and that's fine. But don't pick on others because we continue a discussion, of which, it's very obvious that a certain young lady was getting much in the way of information and enjoyment out of.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Using their multi billion-dollar marketing budgets, these industries have launched a massive media propaganda campaign to paint Codex Alimentarius as a benevolent tool of “consumer protection”, as well as to negatively taint the image of natural health options and mislead people to fear them as “dangerous”, so they will take drugs (which really are dangerous). Natural health products and options have an amazing safety record and are remarkably effective, especially when compared to pharmaceutical drugs.

www.healthfreedomusa.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

You're post, page five. No that does not sound "insane" to me. Not at all.
Just shows how thoughts and views on this subject are "subjective". Also of course based on personal experiences. Otherwise no reason for debate or ?
Sometimes it's a matter of both you're, my and the right opinion that counts. Talk about grammar. Only there is two options. Either right or wrong (in my case, mostly wrong
)

You do add something to this thread. Humour and joy. That's a "medicine" no fame or fortune can ever buy. Laughter only have good side effects

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Excellent post.

Yep chalk up another one for Big Pharma.

fyi: I have a girl friend that sells pharmaceuticals and she (by herself, no husband) was able to buy herself a multi million dollar house in the "Canyon" outside of Hollywood CA.

These companies charge 10Xs what a pill cost to make.

Why do you think the lobbyists in DC (Who have stock in and are paid by Pharma Companies via "campaign contributions) are so keen on allowing this highway robbery of the average citizen to continue?

Even to the point of another young life being snuffed out due to inadequate supervision.

Ludicris.

But hey, this is America, land of the enslaved and home of the sheeple.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

These companies charge 10Xs what a pill cost to make.

G'day ofhumandescent

One of the problems is that whilst it might not cost all that much to actually make some of the drugs & devices, all of these things take truly massive amounts of money to research & develop, over years & years & years.

I was involved with a device from one of the very largest medical companies that took almost 20 years to get to market.

I currently know of a potentially very beneficial drug that is being researched. It will take years & years to get through all the R&D & safety trials & clinical trials to get to market, if indeed it makes it.

Unfortunately, all that must be paid for.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey guys!
Thanks for the great comments!

I do try to keep it light and humorous but its hard sometimes.
Thanks for your patience, and for your understanding!

Thanks also, ofhumandescent!
Great post and story about your gf!
Dang, I think I'm in the wrong 'bidness'!

Did you see the amendment to ban lobbyists?
Yay!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe...maybe not,
another question for us to ponder,
why are the same drugs so much cheaper across the border?
Celebrex from walgreens in america costs almost 250 dollars for a bottle.
If one goes to mexico, you can get it for 20 dollars, same exact medicine!

Thats prolly a conspiracy right there!

Boy, I come up with about one a day on average!

Some new news:

Acute combined drug toxicity is what this forensic pathologist is predicting;
www.youtube.com...
Some of the same drugs found in her room were some of the
same drugs that killed MJ and ANS also! Whoa!

Heres my comedy prescription to relieve the blues!
Caution, bad language!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Maybe...maybe not,
another question for us to ponder,
why are the same drugs so much cheaper across the border?
Celebrex from walgreens in america costs almost 250 dollars for a bottle.
Mr mother brought me a bottle from mexico, 20 dollars!

Thats prolly a conspiracy right there!

Boy, I come up with about one a day on average!

You pose an interesting question, Dodadoom & I don't know the answer to it.

As I think about it...

Perhaps it's a different drug...

Perhaps it's a generic because the drug has gone "off patent"

Perhaps it's fake...

Perhaps it's subsidised by the Mexico government...

Perhaps the manufacturer has agree to sell it at a lower price in a lower socio-economic area...

Cheers

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
The whore killed herself.

Just a style observation:
a) you seem to be bent on an overdose of that "w" word
b) you always try to climb a moral high horse
c) you ignore interesting info, such as medical facts presented in this thread

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I don't think so,
the only one that may be questionable is government subsidies.
Not sure about that but I bet we could find out!
You sounded like you may know for sure.
Star for the effort though!

Follow the money indeed...bingo!

Trouble is, drug companies are willing to sell for less in Canada and elsewhere only because they can sell for more in the United States.

slate.msn.com...

Buddhasystem, thank you for that! Star! (and friend)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Great articles here:

Pfizer Broke the Law by Promoting Drugs for Unapproved Uses

Since May 2004, Pfizer, Eli Lilly & Co., Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. and four other drug companies have paid a total of $7 billion in fines and penalties. Six of the companies admitted in court that they marketed medicines for unapproved uses.

www.bloomberg.com...

The US Justice Department has joined forces with 16 states in a legal fight against Wyeth, alleging that the drug maker has failed to reimburse hundreds of millions of dollars to Medicaid – a joint federal-state healthcare program for the poor.

otc.pharmaceutical-business-review.com...

Not all good science is created at Merck, we know that. Perhaps 1% of it is at our company. We're much more externally focused than we ever have been.
Richard Clark, CEO of Merck

money.cnn.com...

A federal lawsuit has been filed against pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca for its role in paying Chicago psychiatrist Dr. Michael Reinstein nearly $500,000 over the course of a decade to conduct research and to promote its anti-psychotic drug, Seroquel. Reinstein is being accused of wrongfully preying on thousands of mentally-ill patients in order to rake in profits for AstraZeneca.

Despite all of his wrongdoings, Reinstein is not even a defendant in the case. AstraZeneca, the perpetrator which funded Reinstein, is the defendant in the lawsuit. While both Reinstein and AstraZeneca appear guilty of unethical and illegal behavior, AstraZeneca is rightfully bearing the brunt as it knowingly continued to fund Reinstein and rake in the profits of his misconduct.

current.com...

In 2008, for the first time in 18 years, industry contributions to Democrats were on par with money given to Republicans, according to an analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics, a watchdog group.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Truth Is Stranger Than Phiction

The pharmaceutical industry long ago perfected the art of getting its marketing message into other people's mouths.

That's why a book that could scare Americans away from buying Canadian drugs sounded like a good idea to Mark Barondess, divorce lawyer to the stars and a consultant to PhRMA, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America...

www.slate.com...

How Big Pharma Learned To Seduce You

www.alternet.org...

Today is the anniversary of my daughter's death. She should never have been on Zoloft. Zoloft was not meant to be taken by children. "Zoloft may cause feelings of suicide in people under 24" the commercial now says. It said nothing like this in 2003. If I can save one child, one parent from a tragedy like this....Read everything you can before you administer pharmaceutical drugs to your children. Big Pharma does NOT CARE about your child....10,000 children have committed suicide due to SSRI medication

www.meetup.com...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Thanks for posting those interesting links, dodadoom.

I think it's important to read all this material carefully.

Whilst there's no excuse for the poor behaviour reported in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th articles, off-label use as raised in the 1st article is not a straightforward issue.

There are many examples of medical technology (pharmaceuticals & devices) that are approved for certain on-label uses in important & sophisticated 1st-world markets such as the EC, Australia, Canada, etc...

However, the total intransigence, over-complication & lack of understanding of the FDA denies the benefits of this medical technology to people in the USA.

I am closely involved in some fantastic new medical device technology that is able to strongly benefit patients in the EC, Australia, Canada, etc..., but it can't help patients in the USA.

Sometimes this regulatory area can get very silly & compromise the possible options & outcomes for patients that are in great need.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

So true!

Thanks for that, and for the glimmer of hope!

I almost fell in that rabbit hole whilst digging around!

It IS unfortunate so many suffer when they could be getting relief!
In addition to regulations being a factor, perception is also!
So many think natural cures are kooky or something,
when its usually just a personal perception and lack of education.
Good points! Star!

Also in the instances of natural remedies,
there is less incentive for corruption on a corporate scale.
Take out the profit, take out the crime.
The only thing left should be the actual care of the patient.
In a perfect world of course....

There is no profit to be made when the "cure" is in your own yard!

One article out of eight isn't too bad then!

Thanks for letting me rant!

"When a company can make more than a million dollars a day in drug sales, a $150,000 fine for running a misleading advertisement won't have much impact

www.alternet.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

You know, that "natural remedy" thing is extremely important & it needs to start with a strong, positive, preventative approach to achieve good health in general.

I think there are 2 mistakes that people often make regarding "natural remedies":

They don't take a preventative, wholistic approach to their use of "natural remedies"

&.....

They don't realise how strong some of the "natural remedies" can be.

I will soon be going out & partaking of one of my favourite "natural remedies"....a couple of glasses of good shiraz....so I must be off for a while.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the chat mate!
Have a good time and be safe!
We dont want you having to take prescriptions too!

I am so thankfull I found a different way!
Peace and good health to you sir! Or maam!
Cheers!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

.......definitely a bloke here....

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thank you, likewise Mmn!

I would just like to reiterate something here for any newcomers.

We have found that the entire industry is geared towards profit,
it is a capitalistic society, yes?
However it is there also to care for people.

A hospital is great for patching a hole, but not for your long term health!
YOU are responsible for what goes into your body!

Doesnt matter if its the smartest doctor in the world!
Always get a second opinion.

If you never try natural remedies, or whatever you do,
at least try and always eat well, excercise, lots of water,
and try to strive for long term good health!

There are many books out there to help, I posted one earlier.
Everyone should know a minumum of things about their bodies.
Look at the labels, get to know about msg's and nitrates,
learn whats in your food. Your body will thank you!

These drugs are dangerous! Be aware of that.
But they can also relieve tremendous suffering and stop infection when used correctly.
But please dont take them long term or mix them inappropriately
if you can help it!
They destroy your very life from the inside out. Ugly.

Just my opinion here, and as others have mentioned also,
thats all we have is just opinions.
Yours, mine, and a doctor....Thanks for listening!

Sorry for sounding all preachy!

Oh ya, I guess I do have proof of what I say, I'm alive! Yay!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

I'm pretty sure you just made those numbers up, because the number of people who die in hospitals from mistakes is much lower, even if the amount of people who die in hospitals from natural causes may in reality be somewhat close to that number.
Just don't make the mistake of confusing cause of death.
And you sound bitter.
Now, if they only made a medication to cure atrocious grammar...oh wait, they did...it's called school.

Fake ass shill post. School is programming.

Hence the above post.

They have become so weak at this point, haven't they?

Originally posted by zerbot565
reply to post by Matthew Dark

english is my third language so the grammar is what it be.
and no im not bitter mearly pointing out that ordinary people die on a regular basis and when a holywood star falls they fall, simple as that.

nothing magical

Hahaha, lies and more shill posting. This should point you, the truth seeker, to the exact truth.

Do not doubt your abilities, you are more omnipotent than you could ever imagine....they just don't want you to know it.

And one more thing......stop feeding the shills.

Your beauty in Zero Point supercedes everything. You are loved......even the shills.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join