It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conscious universe getting more support by scientists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here are videos of scientists input of a conscious universe, high science authoritarians reveals evidence of the universe being a conscious vast. The videos are 9:00 mins long and 3:00 mins long.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by GrandKitaro777]

Mod edit: Fixed [yvid] tags. You only need to put the video ID between the tags, not the whole URL. -- Majic

[edit on 12/23/2009 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hi There
I fixed your youtube link. This a fascinating subject. I think as we learn more about "how" the observer makes things happen. "You know, the mechanics of it" we are going to have more and more poop in the pants :-) This stuff holds the keys to everything.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
How did you fix the youtube problem? Additionally, there were two separate videos. I made a correction in the OP and there's another video of evidence.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
"Conscious universe getting more support by scientists."

I really hate statements like this, the reason being is that our population is growing and pretty much any idea is bound to be "getting more support"...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Hi GrandKitaro777, I watched the 3 min video which was good. I would love to see the other 9 min one, but the link doesn't work. Could you post the Google reference #.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72

Hi GrandKitaro777, I watched the 3 min video which was good. I would love to see the other 9 min one, but the link doesn't work. Could you post the Google reference #.

here

iqJOIQWkfWA

BTW youtube

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Thanks Janky Red, got it. Very interesting information, I had seen this before but it sunk in more second time around.

looking forward to exploring super-symmetric flipped SU5 grand unified field theory.

type ref# into Google and you get video in 2 keystrokes

Thanks GrandKitaro777, love this stuff!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777
How did you fix the youtube problem? Additionally, there were two separate videos. I made a correction in the OP and there's another video of evidence.

you probably used google video button for youtube video so that's why it is not playing...

make sure you click youtube video button first and insert ytb video (short) code...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience
"Conscious universe getting more support by scientists."

I really hate statements like this, the reason being is that our population is growing and pretty much any idea is bound to be "getting more support"...

the epic fail of modern materialistic science is its' refusal to take the consciousness into account about life and the universe...

and the fact is scientists couldn't invent so many theories, or anything, if there was no (self)consciousness in the first place...

why is it so hard to accept this simple fact for so many people?

you would be a mindless zombie without conscious mind...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Haven't watch the second video yet, but the first video is wrong on it's two main assertions.

The observer effect states nothing about the one observing is required to have consciousness.

although it is clear from experiment that an "observer" consisting of a single electron is sufficient -- the observer need not be a conscious observer.
source

The video even confuses either through misunderstanding or purposeful sensationalism what the Uncertainty Principle postulates.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle is also frequently confused with the "observer effect". The uncertainty principle actually describes how precisely we may measure the position and momentum of a particle at the same time — if we increase the precision in measuring one quantity, we are forced to lose precision in measuring the other. Thus, the uncertainty principle deals with measurement, and not observation. The idea that the Uncertainty Principle is caused by disturbance (and hence by observation) is not considered to be valid by some, although it was extant in the early years of quantum mechanics, and is often repeated in popular treatments.
source

They also appear to be inventing a new terminology. There is no quantum measurement theory. Yet, there is measurement in quantum theory. They appear to be sensationalizing yet again the science behind measurement by labeling it quantum measurement theory.

All in all, the video is riddled with sensationalized lies that simply just don't exist in the scientific community in such a manner as claimed by this video. The title of the thread is extremely misleading, and I do hope this was not done on purpose for the sake of intentionally misleading others.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

the epic fail of modern materialistic science is its' refusal to take the consciousness into account about life and the universe...

What do you mean? Science does study consciousness.

and the fact is scientists couldn't invent so many theories, or anything, if there was no (self)consciousness in the first place...

Ah, another ATS user who loves to argue correlation proves causation.

why is it so hard to accept this simple fact for so many people?

Because it's a logical fallacy, and most intelligent people try to avoid such things as much as possible.

you would be a mindless zombie without conscious mind...

I propose we are indeed mindless zombies without a conscious mind.

A philosophical zombie, p-zombie or p-zed is a hypothetical being that is indistinguishable from a normal human being except that it lacks conscious experience, qualia, or sentience. When a zombie is poked with a sharp object, for example, it does not feel any pain. While it behaves exactly as if it does feel pain (it may say "ouch" and recoil from the stimulus, or tell us that it is in intense pain), it does not actually have the experience of pain as a putative 'normal' person does.
source

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

That is interesting, how can you have an observer without consciousness? "Seeing" requires consciousness. A camera cannot "see"

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Agreed, Materialism is going down. Its days are numbered. In every field today consciousness is being included and this movement is gaining momentum very quickly. In Psychology we have transpersonal psychology, in Neuroscience we have non-local theories of mind, in physics we have string theory, quantum mysticism, holographic universes, in biology we have energy-healing. Elsewhere, NDE and Reincarnation studies are gaining more power.

We are basically witnessing the integration of new age science with old age science, with old age science being gradually replaced with new age science.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few decades we will be studying chakras, astral projection, reincarnation and paranormal studies at school

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by sirnex

That is interesting, how can you have an observer without consciousness? "Seeing" requires consciousness. A camera cannot "see"

I posted the source link for further review, but since you didn't bother clicking on it...

In physics, the term observer effect refers to changes that the act of observation will make on the phenomenon being observed. This is often the result of instruments that, by necessity, alter the state of what they measure in some manner. This effect can be observed in many domains of physics.

At it's most basic explanation... Interaction. If you want more information, the source link will explain it, which is why it was posted.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

Materialism? What else/where would consciousness be exactly? Are you saying that it is not localized in the brain and is not a simple evolutionary trait like eyes or hair?
All animals are conscious just to varying degrees...i think the complex human and other primate forms have helped us immensly.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

We are basically witnessing the integration of new age science with old age science, with old age science being gradually replaced with new age science.

No, we actually are not. I demonstrated this in that one clip. What we are witnessing is the purposeful act of new agers trying to hang onto their narcissistic beliefs by sensationalizing and muddying quantum theory.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's a bit like, does a falling tree in a forest still make sound when there is no one around?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Sigh, I am not having this debate here as well. Nothing personal, It is just that I have had this debate recently in three different threads in this forum. See "Does consciousness survive after death" and "5 Yogas"

In short, no consciousness cannot be in the brain. The brain is physical and consciousness is non-physical. There is nothing in physics that can create conscious experience. It is logically impossible.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

There is nothing in physics that can create conscious experience. It is logically impossible.

So you neither believe physics is right about anything, chemistry and biology are both inherently wrong as well and logical fallacies are what make's truths? Wonderful... just wonderful. And what of AI, if the technology finally pans out someday, do we claim consciousness entered the computer because the 'vessel' was made to hold it?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I am aware that the observer effect as is being described here is the use of instruments, because by the act of measuring or detecting you are affecting the the experiment. However, it is also true of regular observation, in the act of observing you are collapsing the wavefunction of matter. This is what Schrodinger's cat-in-the-box thought experiment demonstrates and later Bell's experiment corroborated.

I know somebody who works as a quantum physicist and they have told me that the observer does indeed collapse reality. In the doube slit experiment, the particle collapses into a wave just before it passes through. If it observed on the other side, it turns back into a particle.

Observation is crucial for there being any reality at all. How you access reality is how it will appear to you. The form of something is not what it really is, because that form will change with your modes of access. It is easy to assume that the chair is an actual real object. However, this is false because that chair would only assume a form based on the observer. It would appear different to a human observer, an animal observer, and via an instrument. In other words reality is a interaction between the observer and the field of observation. There is no reality without an observer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join