It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUTH of Freemasonry

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

Because the order our minds can impose on disparate and possibly entirely unrelated events, organizations, people, and results, are entirely down to our sensory perceptions, and both mind and senses being flawed the human mind can affix patterns and meaning that could be entirely incorrect, vitally so and often so, and the entire order we see could have nothing to do whatsoever with reality.
Conspiracy theory is rife with this sort of thing, "connect the dot mania," which I used to do a lot of.
Umberto Eco's novel The Name of the Rose is a very good read on the subject of the limits of logic and rationale in investigating events, and how true causality and meaning so often escapes us.

[edit on 20/2/10 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Extant Taxon

That is a very interesting application of thought.

I think it is a narrow approach to understanding the problem; it is a realistic idea to be considered, however it seems quite impractical.

Notable, if different belief pattern were to emerge in the present society, one that would allow and promote the individual detail of thought, then it may allow each individual person to decipher the right choice. This would be aided if the society and belief systems thereof promoted thinking that would allow a person to better understand the society and the world of which they live. Therefore, the people should try to promote and embrace thinking that does not create disinformation. People should call for the disambiguation of language; logic should be taught more thoroughly in English and it should be applied in all the education that exists because of word. People should approach understanding all things known and unknown in a rational manner.

Religion and Spirituality should be the analyzed with logic. Logic and language allow for a complex system of coded information. Words represent ideas. Symbols represent ideas. Words are Symbols.

My logic and intuition, tell me that rationalizing the beginning of time and end of time is not necessary. The beginning of a way of thinking may be recorded in history. It is possible that understanding the Bible or religious texts may be significant; however, context of language changes, therefore words that are used in code must be defined to the most basic(appropriate) definition of that particular word. This consistency will allow for a message to form from the separate ideas.

Rationally, English of today has become rather ambiguous, often it is difficult to convey the same idea to another person because each person may have a different definition for a word. When two persons think of the same symbol/word and recall a different definition it is like they are speaking a different language.

Language should consist of clear and concise ideas. Consistent communication is rational communication.

Disambiguation of Language.

Every person may make their own interpretation of life. I want my interpretation to be more clear by having consistent word usage in language.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

You need consistent thought first and foremost. The world is largely irrational though and thwarts so many efforts to rationalise it.

[edit on 20/2/10 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

A swing and a miss.

Originally posted by Coemgen
A= you do not know

B= I know

C = you pretend to know

If A then B, If B then C, If B then A

A= you do not know = A = you do not know

Man, talk about closing your mind off. This shows a lot, that you HAVE to be right, in your mind, and no one else can possibly know more than you. You have some issues man that you need to work out.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
At no point have said anyones opinion or statements are not correct. I am not attacking the credibility of other peoples statements, rather revealing a perspective that is unknown to you. In consideration of all perspectives, a better resolution can be formed, than considering less viewpoints.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Coemgen]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

No, you have been rather condescending to most of the members on the site and refused to answer questions directed towards you.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am unaware of which questions I have refused to answer.
My ideas are in no way intended to offend anyone on this site. Although, every person may make their own opinion.

I respect your posts as much as my posts. The purpose of this forum is for people to express ideas and learn information. I have learned much from other peoples posts and appreciate it greatly.

I think condescending is a word that sets a negative tone; in a conversation as such it would not be used to help the conversation or flow of ideas to continue.

If there are some questions about my posts then please ask, I do request you keep your words respectful.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

[edit on 22-2-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I am unaware of which questions I have refused to answer.

Really? Well, in "Survivors Remember Masonic Abuse & Satanic Symbols Interwoven" I asked you this:

Originally posted by KSigMason
A simple "yes" or "no", are you a Freemason?

You replied with this:

I choose not to answer that question.

Sounds like a refusal to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
All the masons are today is a business/boys club.

its a business like unions are, they make you pay fees/dues. free money for them (people like me would love to set something like this up to make cash so thats what they did)

and its just a big boys club, much like the simpsons makes fun of them with the stonecutters. you can get benefits from the boys club of coarse like discounts and such (and maybe even let off from a traffic ticket if you're lucky) because masons try to help fellow masons out.

its nothing more then that, I would know because ive known many members.

and you learn nothing becoming higher "ranked", I knew someone that got almost to the top rank within like 2 months, not a big deal.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
its a business like unions are, they make you pay fees/dues. free money for them (people like me would love to set something like this up to make cash so thats what they did)
Really, not too much cash left at the end of the day. I know the building my lodge meets in pays $60,000 a year in property taxes... And what dues money that isn't used for operating expenses ($500 a month in postage alone; other office expenses like phone, internet, etc) usually goes to one charity or another. My particular lodge gives about $3000 in scholarships to graduating high school seniors every year, for instance.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I answered your question, it appears you do not like my answer.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
All the masons are today is a business/boys club.

Just for the record, Masonic Lodges are not businesses. They are non-profit fraternal organizations. Non-profit fraternities charge dues to their members in order to pay the bills. Usually, the amount charged for dues is not enough to do this, so Lodges also engage in fundraisers to pay the remainder of their bills, as well as to raise funds for Masonic charities.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Coemgen

You didn't answer it, you chose not to answer it. You dodged it.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I can answer it for you. NO. He is not and has never been a mason. He had no idea I had even asked him a question. The first one. He needs some attention. What better way than to make up some fantastic stories about being at the grove and initiated into the secret world at 7 years old. Why that was almost three years ago.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am expressing my ideas. This may allow thought to be provoked in the minds of the reader. In turn, the person may agree or disagree or present a new approach to the idea in response. I appreciate reading all viewpoints on the matter. Any new ideas any person on this thread can share are significant.

[edit on 25-2-2010 by Coemgen]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was potentially thinking of joining freemasonry because of all the great stuff I have heard about the masons and the caliber people that comprise the brotherhood. Because I have seen so many comments throughout this thread by masons and former masons, I would like to ask how I would go about joining one?

I was just assuming to show up at a temple, show them my interest and ask if I could become a part. But I wasn't 100% sure if it is an invite only thing, or if anybody can join.

Thanks

- aFTeRm4Th

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
I was just assuming to show up at a temple, show them my interest and ask if I could become a part. But I wasn't 100% sure if it is an invite only thing, or if anybody can join.

That is the best way of going about it. Contact your local lodge and ask when they typcially meet. You can go there and meet some of the mebers who would be happy to show you around and get you an application. You could also contact your state's Grand Lodge and request an application. And, no, it is not invite, you must seek membership.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

you just made the first step. Asking how to join. If you have any problems contacting a local lodge, let one of us know. We will help in any way we can. I would pay attention to the average age of the masons you meet at the lodge. It might be best to find a lodge with people close to the same age as yourself. I wish you luck on your journey.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thank you very much... I appreciate it, I will be contacting them sometime soon. And I'll keep everybody informed on how it goes

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join