It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are our young people this stupid? hmmm.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't think young americans are that dumb, I think the hollywood is just getting dumber. I think there must be an IQ limit on becoming a celebrity, No one with an IQ over 110 allowed.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by Bananarama
I am one of these youngters you talk about

Yes, I'm 15, and I have to say I'm really tired of ads and campaigns that try and pretend they are working WITH us. They try to sound reasonable and cool, but I just yell "# YOU" in the must unreasable tone. Just because you sound nice doesn't mean I'm going to listen to your BS.

Sorry that turned into a rant. But yeah, these days the old farts are trying to make us think we are being independant and unique by joining them, when really we are just being fooled AGAIN. It's like with Obama, he became "cool" and so my entire school is cheering Obama, when I can't in fact look at him without throwing up a little...

Banana,

You are leaps and bounds ahead of the game! Your parents (because of or in spite of) did a fine job in crafting your early years.

You (and those like you) are the only hope we have!

That means a lot to hear. Sadly, those around me have very closed ears to these subjects, and rarely can I actually inspire a second thought to them. Shame shame..

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvolta

Yeah and one would think older people would be less susceptible to it, but I'm not so sure. I think any hope lies with the kids and the way it looks to me, they are much smarter (for various reasons) than a lot of people who went before them. -Doesn't mean we of the fossil group shouldn't try to help them overcome garbage like this any way we can.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hey 15.

Whats with Obama being cool I never got that, all the smoker type people in my school are all like 'Obama's my homeboy' and ya same story here im 15.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUserz

Hey, he's 'hot' also. Didn't you see him shirtless? lol!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezwaxes

Yeah and one would think older people would be less susceptible to it, but I'm not so sure. I think any hope lies with the kids and the way it looks to me, they are much smarter (for various reasons) than a lot of people who went before them. -Doesn't mean we of the fossil group shouldn't try to help them overcome garbage like this any way we can.

i doubt there is a way to "try to help them overcome garbage like this any way we can". i think people who talk about other "poor brainwashed folks" from their high horse are themselves the victims of heavy propaganda.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUserz
Hey 15.

Whats with Obama being cool I never got that, all the smoker type people in my school are all like 'Obama's my homeboy' and ya same story here im 15.

I'll assume 15 is me

I don't really get it either. People think of him as someone who can do a lot for the country, and I guess they must have seen him with a Blackberry or on Facebook which made him 'hip.' Like I said, he creeps me out. I also think the fact that he is black gives him street cred. Most people try to deny it, but it's not racism to say that black and white people ARE differnt and ARE seen differently by people. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. In his case, it gives him an upperhand.

I will also add that it seems too perfect to have Obama running against John McCain, the oldest geezer they could find. If I were to believe in all the government BS, I'd think that John McCain is much better than Obama, he actually did sh*t. But in the end, it's all the same sh*t, different pile.

(Edited for Grammar)

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Bananarama]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bananarama

Originally posted by TheUserz

I don't really get it either. People think of him as someone who can do a lot for the country, and I guess they must have seen him with a Blackberry or on Facebook which made him 'hip.'

you dont think people are that stupid, do ya?

Originally posted by BananaramaLike I said, he creeps me out.

for what reason?

Originally posted by BananaramaI also think the fact that he is black gives him street cred.

you mean to say people voted for his "thug" qualities? are those the usual criteria for being elected into office?

Originally posted by BananaramaMost people try to deny it, but it's not racism to say that black and white people ARE differnt and ARE seen differently by people. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. In his case, it gives him an upperhand.

what is that even supposed to mean?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Marsvolta, you need to learn how to quote because that was a very garbled post. And trying to quote it, it garbled my post too. But I made myself very clear, and if you don't understand it maybe you don't want to understand.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bananarama

you just quoted me and the quote came out just the way mine did and you got the audacity to tell me to learn how to quote.
so by that very fact you perfectly could identify which post is which. aside from that i didnt get no real answer. words are empty when there is no logic or substance behind to back them up.

edit: good thing you were quick to edit it. anyway tell me how to quote peoperly and i will gladly re-ask my questions.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvolta

you just quoted me and the quote came out just the way mine did and you got the audacity to tell me to learn how to quote.
so by that very fact you perfectly could identify which post is which. aside from that i dint get no real answer. words are empty when there is no logic or substance behind to back them up.

My quote got garbled because yours was garbled to begin with
To be clearer, you put too many quote beginnings without endings. The coding was messed up.

But that is a petty argument. As far as my words having no substance, that is opinion. What I said is opinion, and if you don't believe it then don't. The reasons for my opinions are too big for this thread, but I can say that I believe Obama is being glorified for no reason, and that he has as ill of intentions as anyone else in government. It sickens me that he is being portrayed as hero.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Obama's 'hot' though, didn't you see his bird chest?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

quit your kiddie talk, anyone with half a brain can see thru this fake sh*t of yours. since you arent telling me how to quote properly what you obviously "know" how to i am asking my questions again:

you said that (not a direct quote) people voted for him probably because they saw him with a Blackberry on Facebook. you dont think people are that stupid, do ya? also you said his being black gives him a "street cred". since when being a thug or someone from da streets qualifies you to be elected into the office? i am not even talking about other black-white drivel you posted that makes zero sense. and you are too big for this site?

"My quote got garbled because yours was garbled to begin with" buddy, you possess no logical thinking whatsoever. "garbled" as in words stuck together or quotes bunched together like a big giant uber quote? when you told me to learn how to quote you meant the second one obviously. stop embarrassing yourself.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be the older peoples fault for allowing such stupidity in the scene in the first place?

The more dumb people, the less competition for me. Maybe some day they can all work for me at minimum wage!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Actually I think he is onto something. MTV has really helped to ruin a generation. Do you really think the thug lifestyle could have ever become as popular without it? They aren't even a music station anymore....the only thing they offer other than the thug lifestyle and how to be a Ho is...........We are gonna tell ya how to vote and what to wear when to have sex, etc, etc.......and the kids listen. I really feel they did help Obama get elected.....how many kids fell for Rock the Vote and their Rolling Stonesque democratical bias? Right here we have a youth talking about a man having street cred just by being born not white......so only blacks can have street cred? Is having street cred really an important thing for the POTUS to have, damn how did he get it without bling? Anyhow.....wait until 2012, they'll be back with a vengence extolling the virtues of anyone not white, not old, and having street cred, we may not have seen the worst possible President yet.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

If you think that's stupid, how about those high school students (American) who thought Hitler was a football coach? Or that (Ludwig van) Beethoven was a dog?

Don't have articles or links ready to prove it, but the first item was in the news recently, and the second one I saw on TV years ago.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm having trouble finding the proper words to describe just how stupid people are getting.

It's a shame stupidity doesn't cause physical pain.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

What does a Big stadium with a Big sign that reads, " Free Legal sex to all Young Americans between 18 and 25 Tonight Only!" and an Atom Bomb have in common?

Bliss for another 15 years!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
These are the tools we want youth to embrace for political reform? Using sex and bribery to influence decisions?
Sex for votes........awesome, future sluts of America unite.

doodiepants.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra

It's a shame stupidity doesn't cause physical pain.

Oh it does, but only when encountered by someone who isn't stupid.

[edit on 12/23/2009 by eNumbra]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join