It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are our young people this stupid? hmmm.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
www.wnd.com...

Posted: December 21, 2009
8:52 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

An activist organization supported by Hollywood and TV actors is encouraging young people to support health care reform any way they can: by flirting, tweeting, lying and even pledging to withhold sex from anyone who disagrees with them.

Rock the Vote proclaims its mission is to "engage and build the political power of young people in order to achieve progressive change in our country."

Apparently, part of achieving that change includes boosting young people's sexual power as well.

In an Internet advertisement posted on YouTube and Rock the Vote's homepage, actress Eva Amurri from TV's "Californication" and actor Zach Gilford from "Friday Night Lights" encourage young voters to take a pledge to "hold out for health care."

"Politics is personal," the video states, and so invites young people to join in the following pledge:

We pledge ourselves to the health and liberty of young Americans, and to government for the people. We pledge to educate ourselves, to stand against those who fight us with mind, body and spirit and to never f---ing you if you are against us. We will vote against you, work against you, and once again, just in case you forgot: never, ever, never, ever, never, ever, never, ever f--- you.

-----------------------------------------------

Well. on the brighter side, maybe these idiots wont breed!

Notice the line toward the end "We pledge ourselves to the health and liberty of young Americans, and TO GOVERNMENT FOR THE PEOPLE."

These pinheads probably cant recite the Pledge of Allegence without a teleprompter trying to get other morons to do this pledge to the govt? "Government FOR the people?" Not for a long time sunshine!

God I feel so old. Archie Bunker is getting to be more and more my hero everyday.

Maybe we need to have a "bed in" to oppose these idiots! We can breed them out.
I'm just glad I dont have a kid in this age group with this mindset.

Can you say SHOCK THERAPY?

Just another attack on our kids. Its a war for minds and hearts folks! Educate your kids. Its the only vaccine that will counter act this garbage.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Haha good! Women should withold all sex from men. This would truly revolutionize the world. Men would reclaim hundreds of years of manipulation and lost power. LOL. Men can start thinking with their brain instead of their loins.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I am 15 so obviously I would considered a 'young person'. This is just a bunch of crap that is trying to be forced on people who are quite ignorant to politics and everything that is not guitar hero, facebook, and dating. I am political and go on CNN and Politico everyday for politics and Yahoo News, www.Macedoniaonline.eu, and BBCNews.com, for my news every day. I have a facebook and myspace but never really mess with them I like ATS alot more because atleast people on here are not brainswashed and the only way to be a conspiracy theorist is t research alot so ATS'ers are not dumb. But this is just rubbish what they are trying to make young people do, the only reason they say this stupid stuff is because young people will actually fall for it.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Men can start thinking with their brain instead of their loins.

16 to 60... males generally filter most every thought through their loins, lol. And the younger, the more apt they are to follow the lead of their little friend's advice.

It is just the way nature wired them and is probably useless to try and change in any meaningful way. Religion has tried to chain the male muscle for generations, mostly without a lot of success. I can't see politics doing any more than getting empty promises.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
No they are not this stupid. They are programmed to be this way by our educational system.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Most woman i know within my age group are alot worse in regards to basing decisions from a sexual perspective than men. As to the OP, i don't think you can say all young people are stupid enough...gullible may be the proper word actually to fall for this. But a large swathe no doubt will. It's scary to see what is happening to alot of the younger generations minds and attitudes.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Rock The Vote... What a patronising atempt to reach out to the "yoof". what type of moronic society pushes this type of BS?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Same propoganda, same agenda.

Just like the celebrities of not long ago that preached, "Vote or die!"

Typical Hollywood jargon. It's ashame, too. Kids are highly influenced by EVERYTHING they see on MTV, or just TV in general. Ever notice the fashion trends? Straight from the Boobtube.

No originality, no personality, all copy-cat mechanisms at work here.
Good thread.

*S&F*

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There are no words to accurately describe my disgust with this.

None.

Manipulation at it's finest, they're playing off positive reinforcement. "I'm hot and stupid; if you vote the same way I do, I'll let you stick it in me for a couple of minutes. Tee hee."

Bribing votes with sex - it shouldn't surprise you considering, but for the love of god what if someone started a "Do some research or I'll hit you" campaign. At least then there would be no clear agenda.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hollywood can go f*ck itself for all i care.

also why do you use that word "pinhead"? isnt it the favorite word of another demagogue and propagandist on American TV?

Hollywood+ Fox News+CNN=boring, brainwashing crap.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Haha good! Women should withold all sex from men. This would truly revolutionize the world. Men would reclaim hundreds of years of manipulation and lost power. LOL. Men can start thinking with their brain instead of their loins.

Yeah that's a good Idea!!!
You would have personally started World Wars 3 through 6. You know what happens when guys don't get laid?!?..... Ask the Taliban , you don't see anyone else performing suicide bombings.

And to the OP , Yes , Our young people really are that stupid. The media tells them what to think , what to like and how to act.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Rock The Vote... What a patronising atempt to reach out to the "yoof". what type of moronic society pushes this type of BS?

Rock the Vote is a 501(c)(3) non-profit with heavy ties to the Democratic Party.

Their mission statement is "to "build the political clout and engagement of young people in order to achieve progressive change in our country".

Nuff said?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am one of these youngters you talk about

Yes, I'm 15, and I have to say I'm really tired of ads and campaigns that try and pretend they are working WITH us. They try to sound reasonable and cool, but I just yell "# YOU" in the must unreasable tone. Just because you sound nice doesn't mean I'm going to listen to your BS.

Sorry that turned into a rant. But yeah, these days the old farts are trying to make us think we are being independant and unique by joining them, when really we are just being fooled AGAIN. It's like with Obama, he became "cool" and so my entire school is cheering Obama, when I can't in fact look at him without throwing up a little...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Theres an old adage in Hollywood

"when you looks fade , show your tats"

Its a last ditch desperation play,

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Sean48]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yup Hollywoods best shot. providing direct competition to the Beckites

Ignorance wrapped in a condom or in a compelling script is still ignorance

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvolta

also why do you use that word "pinhead"? isnt it the favorite word of another demagogue and propagandist on American TV?

Why did i use "pinhead"?

Because the mods would crucify me if I used the term I prefer!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bananarama
I am one of these youngters you talk about

Yes, I'm 15, and I have to say I'm really tired of ads and campaigns that try and pretend they are working WITH us. They try to sound reasonable and cool, but I just yell "# YOU" in the must unreasable tone. Just because you sound nice doesn't mean I'm going to listen to your BS.

Sorry that turned into a rant. But yeah, these days the old farts are trying to make us think we are being independant and unique by joining them, when really we are just being fooled AGAIN. It's like with Obama, he became "cool" and so my entire school is cheering Obama, when I can't in fact look at him without throwing up a little...

Banana,

You are leaps and bounds ahead of the game! Your parents (because of or in spite of) did a fine job in crafting your early years.

You (and those like you) are the only hope we have!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by marsvolta

Why did i use "pinhead"?

Because the mods would crucify me if I used the term I prefer!

oh mkay, i just thought you prefer one type of media garbage to another. specifically Fox News to Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is nothing new by the handful of disreputable parasites who own and control mainstream media, using it as their personal little brainwashing tool. There strategy is simple: degrade people (in this case, the youth) by giving them what they want (meaningless sex), instead of what they need (education). Do you really expect anything of substance from a country which has become infested with heaps of garbage?

I really feel sorry for these kids. If you think about it, they are being manipulated to support something which will end up adding to the destruction of their future. Hopefully, when these old farts finally die, they won't be replaced by the same type of morally corrupt dirtbags who currently run the show.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
This is nothing new by the handful of disreputable parasites who own and control mainstream media, using it as their personal little brainwashing tool. There strategy is simple: degrade people (in this case, the youth) by giving them what they want (meaningless sex), instead of what they need (education). Do you really expect anything of substance from a country which has become infested with heaps of garbage?

I really feel sorry for these kids. If you think about it, they are being manipulated to support something which will end up adding to the destruction of their future. Hopefully, when these old farts finally die, they won't be replaced by the same type of morally corrupt dirtbags who currently run the show.

guess what, other types of media trash like mainstream channels of news both right and left doing the same thing to an adult population. adult as in stereotypical adult older than 21.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join