It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
What is spirituality?
Google Video Link
The Buddha’s penetrating insight attracted many intellectuals, one of whom, Malunkyaputra, grew more and more frustrated as the Buddha failed to settle certain basic metaphysical questions. Finally he went to the Buddha in exasperation and confronted him with the
“Blessed One, there are theories which you have left unexplained and set aside unanswered: whether the world is eternal or not eternal; whether it is finite or infinite; whether the soul and the body are the same or different; whether a person who has attained nirvana exists after death or does not; or whether perhaps he both exists and does not exist, or neither exists nor does not. The fact that the Blessed One has not explained these matters neither pleases me nor suits me, I will give up spiritual disciplines and return to the life of a layman.”
“Malunkyaputra,” the Buddha replied gently, “when you took to the spiritual life, did I
ever promise you I would answer these questions?”
Malunkyaputra was probably already sorry for his outburst, but it was too late. “No Blessed One, you never did.”
“Why do you think that is?”
“Blessed One, I haven’t the slightest idea!”
“Suppose, Malunkyaputra, that a man has been wounded by a poisoned arrow, and his friends and family are about to call a doctor. ‘Wait!’ he says. I will not let this arrow be removed until I have learned the caste of the man who shot me. I have to know how tall he is, what family he comes from, where they live, what kind of wood his bow is made from, what fletcher made his arrows. When I know these things, you can proceed to take the arrow out and give an antidote for the poison.’ What would you think of such a man?”
“He would be a fool, Blessed One,” replied Malunkyaputra shamefacedly. “His questions have nothing to do with getting the arrow out, and he would die before they were answered.”
“Similarly, Malunkyaputra, I do not teach whether the world is eternal or not eternal;
whether it is finite or infinite, whether the soul and the body are the same or different, whether a person who has attained nirvana exists after death or does not, or whether perhaps he both exists and does not exist, or neither exists nor does not. I teach how to remove the arrow: the truth of suffering, it’s origin, it’s end, and the noble eightfold path.”
from The Dhammapada, by Eknath Easwaran, Nilgiri Press, pg 39ff
According to Ra (L/L Research):
1. First Density — The four alchemical elements of earth (minerals), air (wind), fire,
2. Second Density — The beginning of animals and plants.
3. Third Density — Humankind's current stage. This is the density of self-awareness and self-consciousness. The two fundamental necessities are rational thinking and intuitive thinking. Through applying both those qualities, we're supposed to figure out that we're part of each other, which leads to the experience of Love.
4. Fourth Density — Perceiving others as part of the Self. Here is a plane of compassion, where we achieve the ability to understand the sorrows of the Third Density. Individual differences are still pronounced, but harmony is created through group consensus, because people know what others are thinking.
5. Fifth Density — Wisdom and instant manifestation.
6. Sixth Density — The experience of the Self as Light. Ra is a Sixth Density entity.
7. Seventh Density — Culmination. The Seventh Density is the completed being, ''the Creator who knows Itself and compacts into the One Creation once again, as it readies to enter the Eighth Density."
8. Eighth Density — Return to infinity. According to Ra, there is a mystery here, which cannot be put into words. Just as in the musical scale, the Eighth Density is also the First Density of the next octave.
4.0 - Enkephalins, Extrasensory perception [MB]; Astral Projection, Telepathy, "Seduction mindset" [EI-d]; Catecholamines, vital for memory & learning, respond at around 4 HZ. [PSI]; Subconscious Problem Solving/Full Memory Scanning (if one can manage to stay awake) [RA+CAV via DW]; Associated with object naming, an important aspect of memory [TDM via DW]; "Those who suffer from Chronic Fatigue exhaust very easily. When moved to 4HZ these individuals showed marked improvement in the length of time between the occurrence of exhaustion after certain exercises were completed." [NYT via NEU]
4.11 Associated with kidneys (Effects=strength) [TOS]
4.5 Shamanic State Of Consciousness/Tibetan Buddhist Chants [MMF via DW]
4.5-6.5 Wakeful dreaming, vivid images [SS]
4.6 Associated with spleen & blood (Effects=Emotional Impulse) [TOS]
4.9 - Introspection [SS]; Induce relaxation, meditation, & deeper sleep [ESR]
5.0 - unusual problem solving [×] reduced sleep needed, theta sounds replacing need for extensive dreaming [INT] ; relaxed states, pain-relief (beta endorphin increases of 10-50% reported) [INT]; Alleged Sphin
Originally posted by Wertdagf
WOW self delusion has really caught on these days.....
Im sure this will allow alot of ignorant people to live in a little bubble where the children that are raped and murdered everyday CHOOSE that reality.
If i could i would bring those children back to life and let them decide your fate.
Originally posted by '___'omino
all sillyness aside
I feel like i'm understanding the importance of my fellow man more
I'm consciously making the change on my own slowly but surely
slowly and surely everyday we will get a little closer
That's a large problem for most people, not being able to integrate
what you learn/feel/know from within into your daily life.