It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone who needs some help in the Spirituality department - Part Deux *New!*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of page 2 (second post).

What is spirituality?

“... when I regard all beings with my Buddha eye, I see that hidden within the klesas [= mental afflictions] of greed, desire, anger, and stupidity, there is seated augustly and unmovingly the tathagata's [= the Buddha's] wisdom, the tathagata's vision, and the tathagata's body. Good sons, all beings, though they find themselves with all sorts of klesas, have a tathagatagarbha that is eternally unsullied, and that is replete with virtues no different from my own." (Lopez, 1995:96)
[Source]

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra (.pdf, I really liked how this was put together) If anyone wants this .pdf or any other in this thread, and are unable to view them just U2U me and I will get it to you using a .txt file

"Every event provides an opportunity for spiritual growth"
The Spiritual Dimension(good read)

Where is the spirituality in Buddhism?

Spirituality and Buddhism (.pdf, definitely worth a read)

The Science of Spirituality

The Thiry-One Planes of Existence

"The concept of phasing"
Focus 10: Mind Awake/Body Asleep

The Integral Paradigm (first version)

Planes Of Existence: The "Vertical" Axis of Reality

Extensive information on the "Planes of Existence"

A New Integral Paradigm - Cosmology, Involution, and Evolution

What is love? (.pdf file)

Introduction to Chakras

Chakras for Beginners

Buddhist Belief - Everything is an illusion? (good blog)

Hidden Treasures of the soul: A spiritual blog by a monk

Saviors of Earth: a community for the true lightworker to unify with oneness and become the natural evolved divinity that they are within. Check out the video on the homepage.

Healing Beats (free binaural beats)

Healing Beats Forums (lots of good info)

Tons of free resources regarding to spirituality (audio, ebooks, articles, programs etc...)

Some Videos you may enjoy

The Law of One(well put together short video)

Soul choose its own Parents? Spiritual Karma Reincarnation (some good info)

2012 Documentary: Religion versus Spirituality (2008)

Google Video Link

Out Of Body Experience - Journey to Heaven Part 1(more of a religious view)

852 Hz Frequency Returning to Spiritual Order

Here is some Buddhist text that I found pretty meaningful, and it was a concept I was easily able to understand...

Malunkyaputra

The Buddha’s penetrating insight attracted many intellectuals, one of whom, Malunkyaputra, grew more and more frustrated as the Buddha failed to settle certain basic metaphysical questions. Finally he went to the Buddha in exasperation and confronted him with the
following list:

“Blessed One, there are theories which you have left unexplained and set aside unanswered: whether the world is eternal or not eternal; whether it is finite or infinite; whether the soul and the body are the same or different; whether a person who has attained nirvana exists after death or does not; or whether perhaps he both exists and does not exist, or neither exists nor does not. The fact that the Blessed One has not explained these matters neither pleases me nor suits me, I will give up spiritual disciplines and return to the life of a layman.”

“Malunkyaputra,” the Buddha replied gently, “when you took to the spiritual life, did I
ever promise you I would answer these questions?”

Malunkyaputra was probably already sorry for his outburst, but it was too late. “No Blessed One, you never did.”

“Why do you think that is?”

“Blessed One, I haven’t the slightest idea!”

“Suppose, Malunkyaputra, that a man has been wounded by a poisoned arrow, and his friends and family are about to call a doctor. ‘Wait!’ he says. I will not let this arrow be removed until I have learned the caste of the man who shot me. I have to know how tall he is, what family he comes from, where they live, what kind of wood his bow is made from, what fletcher made his arrows. When I know these things, you can proceed to take the arrow out and give an antidote for the poison.’ What would you think of such a man?”

“He would be a fool, Blessed One,” replied Malunkyaputra shamefacedly. “His questions have nothing to do with getting the arrow out, and he would die before they were answered.”

“Similarly, Malunkyaputra, I do not teach whether the world is eternal or not eternal;
whether it is finite or infinite, whether the soul and the body are the same or different, whether a person who has attained nirvana exists after death or does not, or whether perhaps he both exists and does not exist, or neither exists nor does not. I teach how to remove the arrow: the truth of suffering, it’s origin, it’s end, and the noble eightfold path.”
from The Dhammapada, by Eknath Easwaran, Nilgiri Press, pg 39ff

Continued in second post...

[edit on 21-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Something I didn't cover in my last thread was the different densities. There was a reason for that, and that was because I myself wasn't too sure how to explain them to everyone.

Well after a decent amount of research I have some stuff to share
(source).

This is a quick rundown of the densities, visit the source for more info, and also do some more research if you're interested because there are more than one view on the densities and how many there are ect...

According to Ra (L/L Research):

1. First Density — The four alchemical elements of earth (minerals), air (wind), fire,
and water.
2. Second Density — The beginning of animals and plants.
3. Third Density — Humankind's current stage. This is the density of self-awareness and self-consciousness. The two fundamental necessities are rational thinking and intuitive thinking. Through applying both those qualities, we're supposed to figure out that we're part of each other, which leads to the experience of Love.
4. Fourth Density — Perceiving others as part of the Self. Here is a plane of compassion, where we achieve the ability to understand the sorrows of the Third Density. Individual differences are still pronounced, but harmony is created through group consensus, because people know what others are thinking.
5. Fifth Density — Wisdom and instant manifestation.
6. Sixth Density — The experience of the Self as Light. Ra is a Sixth Density entity.
7. Seventh Density — Culmination. The Seventh Density is the completed being, ''the Creator who knows Itself and compacts into the One Creation once again, as it readies to enter the Eighth Density."
8. Eighth Density — Return to infinity. According to Ra, there is a mystery here, which cannot be put into words. Just as in the musical scale, the Eighth Density is also the First Density of the next octave.

This is something I covered last time but I wanted to add once again since so many people request for this link & download...
The Law Of One (downloadable .pdf)

I also have something new to add this time, here is a link to a Law Of One
searchable database. It can be very helpful to use to find what you need quickly.

And here is where you can purchase the "Law of One" books, as well as other spiritual books.

Brainwave/Cymatic Frequency Listing (very cool stuff)
To give you an idea of what the above site includes (it practically lists every brainwave frequency and what its effects are):

4.0 - Enkephalins, Extrasensory perception [MB]; Astral Projection, Telepathy, "Seduction mindset" [EI-d]; Catecholamines, vital for memory & learning, respond at around 4 HZ. [PSI]; Subconscious Problem Solving/Full Memory Scanning (if one can manage to stay awake) [RA+CAV via DW]; Associated with object naming, an important aspect of memory [TDM via DW]; "Those who suffer from Chronic Fatigue exhaust very easily. When moved to 4HZ these individuals showed marked improvement in the length of time between the occurrence of exhaustion after certain exercises were completed." [NYT via NEU]

4.11 Associated with kidneys (Effects=strength) [TOS]

4.5 Shamanic State Of Consciousness/Tibetan Buddhist Chants [MMF via DW]

4.5-6.5 Wakeful dreaming, vivid images [SS]

4.6 Associated with spleen & blood (Effects=Emotional Impulse) [TOS]

4.9 - Introspection [SS]; Induce relaxation, meditation, & deeper sleep [ESR]

5.0 - unusual problem solving [×] reduced sleep needed, theta sounds replacing need for extensive dreaming [INT] ; relaxed states, pain-relief (beta endorphin increases of 10-50% reported) [INT]; Alleged Sphin

I have made some podcasts regarding some of the material covered in the OP:
Astral Projection/OoBE General Info Podcast #1
Astral Projection/OoBE The Monroe Technique Explained Podcast #2
Astral Projection/OoBE Myths Busted! Podcast #3
Astral Projection/OoBE Silva Mind Control Method [tech] Podcast #4

Also, I have made some other threads that others have found helpful (myself included) that I would like to share...

This first thread is from a group I belong too which sends out emails with good info on astral projection and spirituality.
240 Astral Projection/OoBE Questioned Answered!

If you didn't listen to, or don't want to listen to, the podcast regarding the myths busted you can check out the thread I originally made containing the 20 busted myths (many people agreed it was good & solid info)
20 Astral Projection Myths Busted!

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any persons change in beliefs, nor am I attempting to do so. If said persons beliefs are changed let it be known that it is by the free will of said persons.

I hope you all enjoyed the information provided, and I sincerely wish you all to have not only open minds, but open hearts when thinking about your spirituality. No matter what religion, race/ethnicity, age, eye color, whatever we are all one and for those of you who need guidance in your life right now you may find your spirit guides to be of great value at this time. Peace, Love & Light to you all!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I hope everyone gets some use out of all this info, I'd appreciate any comments or any questions about what information is already here. Feel free to U2U me as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks for posting all those links & PDFs. They seem really interesting and I will try to read some of that stuff until next year, I will then post here my opinion on those books

Cheers!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Moraz

No problem
I hope some others take the time to take a look at some of the information in the OP as well since it covers a different variety of topics and should be able to include something you're interested in, but if not, to each their own!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
/delete

[edit on 24-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I think you should give it some time, you put alot of info there.

Nice thread, not my thing really, but nice thread.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks so much! I can appreciate the effort you've done for all of this.
I try to do the same for a website I'm running...lots of link compiling, research, and information gathering involved!

I'll be reading through this material, most definitely.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
WOW self delusion has really caught on these days.....

Im sure this will allow alot of ignorant people to live in a little bubble where the children that are raped and murdered everyday CHOOSE that reality.

If i could i would bring those children back to life and let them decide your fate.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Heh. I'd be surprised by this post if it wasn't by you, Wert...
Sigh. Just because you don't understand something does not make it so.
There's much more to it than that!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

If you have nothing but crap to say, then just keep it to yourself. The only reason I made another post in here was so people who missed the thread (it is holiday season) would be able to see it. Do I want recognition for what I've done? Not really, I just want to see people get some use out of my time, that's it. So whatever you think the reason I made this thread, or my intentions with it were, why don't you take a look at my first thread on this subject (same thread title) and see how many people got use out of it.

And honestly, it sucks when you spend hours putting something together and it happens to slide by people. Hence the reason I made another post. I wont bump this thread or anything again, if it dies it dies.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that I would like to continue making these types of threads, especially if the links and information are being helpful to some people. This time around many more people decided to just read/use the info in the OP rather than talk about the topics at hand.

I want to welcome any thoughts/comments/additions to this thread. There are plenty of stimulating topics within the boundaries of the OP's info/links to cause some conversation and debate. So let's hear it!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Thats life buddy.

We all spend alot of time on our delusions, some of us never get through them. Those that get stuck on the methaphor will only be an example of what mistakes not to make for the rest of us.

To say that those who have to their loved ones pinned under falling debri in a house fire and burn to death CHOOSE that reality is INSANE!!!!! To say that a 16 year old girl thats raped and then beaten to death for getting pregnant CHOOSE THAT REALITY IS INSANE!

What ever helps you sleep at night. Tuck that big ol' warm blankey of reincanation aroudn you tight because if you EVER deluded your mind from reality and INSULT those who have suffered i will rip it away from you forever.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hey thanks for this thread! I missed the first one.
All those links look really interesting. I'm always open to different views to try and understand how things work and how people work too and stuff, so yeah.
Especially Chakras and things like that.
S'n'F

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
WOW self delusion has really caught on these days.....

Im sure this will allow alot of ignorant people to live in a little bubble where the children that are raped and murdered everyday CHOOSE that reality.

If i could i would bring those children back to life and let them decide your fate.

What if they raped in a previous life?
A vicious circle
around and around

maybe not, good hole poking sir!

EDIT ** that sounds bad -- no pun intended

[edit on 27-12-2009 by '___'omino]

all sillyness aside
I feel like i'm understanding the importance of my fellow man more
I'm consciously making the change on my own slowly but surely
slowly and surely everyday we will get a little closer

[edit on 27-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
all sillyness aside
I feel like i'm understanding the importance of my fellow man more
I'm consciously making the change on my own slowly but surely
slowly and surely everyday we will get a little closer

Good to hear you're able to use the knowledge you find within yourself and integrate it into your life. That's a large problem for most people, not being able to integrate what you learn/feel/know from within into your daily life.

And then there are the people that integrate too much, for example taking everything they hear and living by it. That's not how it works, you need to find your own truths for yourself and live the life you feel is right. But it's always easier to live the life others set you up for rather than seeking out the truth for yourself and living by those truths.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

That's a large problem for most people, not being able to integrate
what you learn/feel/know from within into your daily life.

Yes. How exactly does one integrate this stuff into one's daily life?

I can explain to you the secret of alchemy. I can give you a solution to 4th density STS. And I've thought up perspectives on the nature of self that apparently some people struggle with for years even with someone teaching them.

But none of it seems to amount to anything.

My life seems like I'm standing in a dark room flipping a light switch that doesn't work. I know that flipping a light switch should make there be light, but it isn't working. It's like there's a break in the circuit somewhere lost behind an uncertain number of really solid walls and it takes weeks with a sledgehammer to break down a wall but there are an awful lot of walls and I have no idea which one the broken circuit is behind.

Within 24 hours of that "nature of self" epiphany I felt like a 200 pound amoeba who had managed to break out of confinement from a 2-inch wide box only to realize that the 2-inch box was inside a 3-inch box.

I can barely manage to sleep at night without massively distracting pain throughout my spinal column.

Base chakra with a gender inversion that I'm uncertain about and totally ungrounded. Sacral and solar plexus chakras so blocked that I'm not sure where one ends and the next begins. Heart chakra out of alignment to left and painful when brought anywhere near center. Throat chakra blocked and infested with parasites. Third eye out of alignment to right and blocked. My crown chakra I don't even feel anymore.

Whatever clearing I do is is generally filled back in the following day.

Conversations between male and female portions of self generally end up cycling through "I'm not worthy" "you're not worthy" "It hurts me that I love you but you don't think your worthy" "But yeah, you're really not." I feel like the feminine portion of my being was thoroughly raped and decided she liked it a whole lot, leaving the male portion feeling like he had failed, and also shown how inadequete he is, but also disgusted at the female portion for enjoying the rape...the male no longer wants the female, but doesn't feel worthy of her despite perceiving her as filthy and unclean, and the female longs for the rapists to return and hates the male for being so weak and helpless that she would rather be raped than serve him, but still crying and hurting that the being she loves is hurt so badly that he doesn't feel worthy to love her.

And yet despite all this I still feel like there is a simple solution to everything that would render all of the above completely trivial and instantly allow everything to resolve itself...if only a single circuit, somewhere...could be repaired.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Well said. How are people to integrate their findings into their life? That's up to the individual person. Personally I try and shape my values in life with the more I learn each and every day, while at the same time testing these values to see how far they really go.

If we all would just sit down a moment and think about the way we are living our lives maybe something would amount from it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thank you for the links! I have been lurking on ATS for awhile now, but after seeing your thread I wanted to sign up and post a big Thank You! I am very much into spirituality, obviously my own, and have been really into the whole Buddhist views on life and the stories they teach.

Question for you OP, do you have any websites that contain some more information on Buddhism and spirituality or anything of the sort, if so please share. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicboom

No problem. I will sift through my bookmarks and see what I can find for you. If you want, just U2U me if there's any specific stuff you're looking for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join