It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority of Americans came to America in the last century and didn't kill Indians or enslave bl

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think the one thing "white " people, like myself, and "africans" can agree on, is, "Whose-ever Idea it was to bring africans to america in the first place needed his ass kicked.
What do you think the return policy on slaves was.
besides, the entire country wasn't built with cotton.

as for the native americans, and understand I love them even though I call them "elves" they were so busy being high, that if the world were left in their hands we would never have things like, electric guitars, or the internet, or microscopes, or telescopes.

of course they seemed to not need telescopes to understand the universe. but that's another thread.

the guys that got screwed in america were the chinese. tens-of-thousands of those guys died building our railroad system.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by president]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
JhonnyCanuck.I dont feel offended or question someones moral integrity when they call me white or pale or anything that is obvious like my skin color,in fact the mere fact that somone would react in a defensive or an offensive manner when the obvious is stated is simply looking for an opportunity to assume an adversarial stance in their communication style in order that they gain and advantage by establishing a "intentionall misrepresented and obvious to the world fact"that "seemingly supports their position".Overstating the obvious or defending against the reality that you live in is a little weird,if you are white you are white if you are black you are black and so on,there is no connection between the word Negro or Whitey and any type of disrespect for someones heritage .

That was back in the old days when our racial heritage was used as a basis to keep us divided and fighting with each other,just look around the world today ,there is no place for racial predjudice or racism.In fact those very words were created as a defensive measure to deny the reality people live in so they dont have to change themselves but so that because of a fabricated cry of racial inequity the society or world they live in should in some way preserve them or therir culture.There is an inherant predisposition here to believe that your old culture is more important than the one we are creating globally.

No one cares about the BS concerning this racial crap anymore,and as far as the color the world is becoming I would expect a fine shade of grey to become pretty dominant in the future.I live in Canada and am interacting daily with one of the planets most diverse societys and I can tell you as a visual reality that when you go to a daycare or a school which is most representative of a countrys population dynamics ,you will find that out of all of the different racial interactions and combonations we have here ,without fail all of the interracial children become paler in complexion when they have a white parent,this encompasses all combonations,I am only making an observation that someone would have to lie about to deny.I dont know why it is this way but it is.Grey is looking like the color of the future if you ask me.Unless you take white off of the color list completely,a white person sinking into say a black genetic pool should concievably eventually have its genetic code converted out of it and that family line should get blacker in complexion,right?It seems like simple reasoning should tell us that it doesnt matter,BUT IT DOES MATTER BECAUSE NATURE SEEMS TO BE SHOWING US SOMETHING,that we are on a path going in a definitive direction,that we cant mix the old with the new and expect things to remain static,we have to accept that progress is taking our racial identities away from us in order that we all share one race finally,so this concept of trying to for some odd reason "preserve our individual cultures"is counter to progress for humanity and is more of a clinical preservation like a museum exibit than allowing a race the right to defend against natural progress,it isnt fair to lie to races and tell them they have a right to change humanities path for their own selfish and insecure reasons.This is why we have had wars against each other,those days are quickly ending.But so is our color diversity as humans.maybe an expert on pigmentation or the range of colors and how we see them mix in the available light spectrum can explain the visual reality I see in my country,and believe me there are more of other cultures in canada or at least in major cities than whites.S it isnt purely a numbers game.Do racial combonations containing a whit parent reverse the racial color trend if reimmersed in the black gene pool or does the white gene keep maintaining or getting whiter?Lets face it we are going somewhere as a species with this color issue ,one way or the other eventually math tells us we will all have a common racial profile eventually so what is it going to be is a fair and altruistic question to ask.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
....there is no connection between the word Negro or Whitey and any type of disrespect for someones heritage .

Not only is your premise wrong, it shows a disconnect between your worldview and those of a minority. Blacks have not taken ownership of the word 'n-word', nor gays of the word queer because they fancy them. When blacks no longer self-identify with the word negro...and quite pointedly so, it shows disrespect to continue to apply it.

There is an inherant predisposition here to believe that your old culture is more important than the one we are creating globally.

I think in a global context, the predisposition is to say that one's old culture is equally important...as self-definition.

No one cares about the BS concerning this racial crap anymore

Again, that is statement that could only come from one of the dominant culture. Racial prejudice exists and continues to this moment.

I live in Canada and am interacting daily with one of the planets most diverse societys...

As have I. First Nations and blacks are still fighting for equal opportunities in the system. Until they are provided, then we will continue to have an inordinate number of both groups in our jails and our welfare roles. Any idiot can tell that what is being done now doesn't work. So do it different!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What is being done now is that these so called minorities are being given the gift of life and breath in some of the absolute best places on the planet to exist and they are taught by their parents and their cultures to fight progress and to not show a willingness to integrate into society ,as I said earlier and the point didnt seem to stick clearly enough,these treatys and apologys for wrongdoings only apply to one generation and anyone who expects reparations or apologys from anyone born after that time is in for the fight of their life from the majority of the world which is living in a shared reality today,a reality which has progressed enough too see beyond the "eye for an eye"type of thinking.

The opportunities are everywhere for everyone in any modern country to integrate into society as LONG AS YOU CAN LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH ,learning to speak is the only challenge there is and the rest is up to you,everyone is born equal with equal potential and equal opportunity,if you fall back on the lack of sucess your family or culture has had in the past due to the views of society at that time then you need to stop disrespecting those that have come before you and take advantage of these opportunities,if you dont then you are simply misdirected and have been taught to remain poor,uneducated and addicted to substances or lifestyles that keep you in the cycle of selfabuse that keeps you existing in a delusional state where you actually believe that you have no opportunities and that the whole world is out to get you.

Yes you might have to do some pretty crappy job if you happen to be a member of an alleged minority,but so what,no one stops you from learning how to save and invest your money and become sucessful,you just cant expect a doctors salary when your arse is to lazy go get the education no matter what the challenge or has been taught it cant succeed because everyone is always pickin on you.Substance abuse and family troubles cross the spectrum of every group in the world as do poverty and low standards of living,these are not excuses to start blaming how other people view you for your own personal lack of motivation and resulting rewards.

Like I said and is obvious,those treatys and agreements and apologies were only FOR ONE GENERATION AND THAT WAS IT-- SINCE THEN HORRIBLE CRIMES HAVE BEEN COMMITTED AGAINST EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD THEIR OWN PERSONAL PROGRESS SLOWED DOWN OR HINDERED BY A PURSUIT OF AN IRRATIONAL LEVEL PLAYING FIELD FOR EVERYONE.

We are all born into this world with equal opportunity and potential,WE ARE GIVEN OUR FIRST BREATHS BY OUR MOTHERS AND WE HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO TAKE A SECOND IF WE SO CHOOSE ,AFTER THAT IT IS UP TO US TO SHOW OUR GRATITUDE FOR THAT GIFT FROM THAT WOMAN BY MAXIMISING OUR POTENTIAL TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITIES.Not to cry and whine for pity or mercy or a hand over instead of a hand up.From the first breath on its up to the individual and you dont blame other people for the gift of life and opportunity.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

To put it very bluntly, you don't get it and you will not get it so I am wasting both of our time in trying to make my point. If you do not understand a difference in a community that lacks potable water with a community that lacks your brand of imported bottled mineral water...and the attendant difference in life's advantages...why should I continue? Have a nice life.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Being born and raised on a reservation, I can say whole-heartedly:

JohnBoy, you are so full of crap - that your breath stinks from here. Look fella, Its best to close your mouth and leave others to THINK you are stupid. Rather than, like you, opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

You have removed any and all doubt!

'OPster': You are no better - same applies. You are just more bitter about paying for me to go to 8 yrs of Law school. It was great! I didnt even have to buy a book! Literally.

That being said: Obviously the government feels ALL GENERATIONS are deserving because they can NOT THROW ENOUGH MONEY at us! I wanted to open a photography studio along the way. I was paid in full for that as well and never had to even buy a camera. The best of the best. Private School (Methodist College, NC).

When I went on to graduate school - checks were waiting for me their too! And never late. ALL scholarships (meaning you dont pay back). The ONLY hoop I had jump was ONE... maintain a 3.2GPA. Hell, a monkey can go that.

So you see how much of this here is BULLSHHIT? All of it. These are the facts.

To the other members:

This thread is full of NOTHING but DISINFORMATION, as you can see.

Not a word here is fact, unless it in THIS BOX! Not a single word.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
JohnBoy, you are so full of crap - that your breath stinks from here. Look fella, Its best to close your mouth and leave others to THINK you are stupid. Rather than, like you, opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

If you are referring to me, you'd be better off addressing me so there's no confusion. And if you got a good break, that's nice to hear. Sorry they were a little short on the manners part. You'll note that I speak from a Canadian perspective...if you bothered to read the thread, I made that clear.

The Canadian experience may well be different from yours...as a matter of fact it may break down to individual treaties. Nothing I have said strays from my personal experience, and circumstances that have been well documented in our national media (not FOX).

If you'd like to contribute to the discussion, put on your big boy pants and chime in.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One

'OPster': You are no better - same applies. You are just more bitter about paying for me to go to 8 yrs of Law school. It was great! I didnt even have to buy a book! Literally.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, looks like you have succeeded.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Johnnycanuk,there it is straight from the horses mouth,My only response to your personal comments is that you are a very small person.

You cant seem to see the obvious,we are all born with equal potential and equal opportunity,what we make of our lives on this planet is up to us.An old friend of mine and I had a conversation twenty-five years ago and he is from New York,he is African-American,he tried to explain to me how his culture is forced to remain in poverty and refused educational opportunities in America unlike here in Canada,he made sure he was extensive in his supportive reasoning.When he was done I looked at him and said,go sell the 500 dollars worth of gold jewellery ,the 100 dollar designer shoes and the Name brand clothes,buy yourself a bus ticket to Kansas,find a job,be a good person,send for your family one by one until you have them all with you safe and sound and living a better life,its called geographical relocation,immigration,migration,call it what you want but excercise your rights as an American to -plant your arse wherever you want to and live your life freely .Then I asked him what the problem was again and all he could say to me was that change wasnt that easy for everyone to which I replied neither is living a miserable unhappy life.

This is a new global reality we live in and believe it or not the time is short for hypocrytical bleeding hearts who just spout off because they HIDE BEHIND and are protected by the majoritys willingness to accept the voice of the minority to maintain balance for our sick, weak and needy.

Our society didnt agree to listen to the voice of the few as if it were the voice of the many so we could use societys empathy,understanding,mercy,and pity to fight for gay marriage and healthy loudmouths to spend their lives tormenting our legal system and society by trying to force their way into these groups,the sick,weak,and needy.Because it is the only place their manipulative mindset can survive.Using the protection society offered the sick,weak and needy to force their own personal views on society under false pretenses,is equivilant to a crime or a fraud agains humanity.This is a depraved act of cowardice and manipulation.

Jhonnycanuk,you are a prime example of someone who spouts off way to much crap because you have never seemingly been held accountable for supporting or personally defending your ideas and opinions ,you hide behind the protection society offers the weak and you snipe at society and the systems we count on to protect everyone with your lines of thinking that always end up whining and begging for the support of other bleeding hearts who refuse to accept the reality of what is happening around them.

Who cares who is ever right or wrong thats not the issue,when you start DENYING reality to support your own personal perspective which supports your own personal possibly morally wrong behviour .then you are just a bloody scam artist,and when you appeal for societys mercy and help to defend your scam artist mentality you become an immoral,manipulative,threat to society and you undermine all of the groups we try to protect when we defend the right of the minority to be heard.

Step up or stand back but dont be a fencesitter who uses that safe spot that we reserve for our sick,weak,and needy,didnt anyone ever teach you that you only get to be a FENCESITTER if you fall into one of these groups ,and did you know that we all know your little scam,that you have figured out what our sick,weak,and needy have learned from our compassion,YOU DONT HAVE TO DO OR RISK MUCH TO SIT ON THE FENCE.Lazy people sit on the fence,we say the word liberal but the correct term is lazy,if you dont fall into a needy group YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AND DEFEND AN OPINION OR A VOTE,this is your societal responsibility,you dont get to take a mulligan on this one.

No lazy cowardly fence sitters allowed because that isnt what the system created the fence for.Step up or stand back.And stop propogating all this bleeding heart crap ,you have to either say yea or nay not maybe or let me decide later.The wiggle room society gave these groups was only meant to be temporary and it has been bastardised and stretched out as an excuse for laziness for quite a few generations,it is time to stop this misuse of societys protection for the sick,weak,and needy.

To all the alleged minorities ,If you cant make it here in Canada we have free plane tickets from here straight to Africa,we will set you up there as a missionary representing canada,you can hand out rice,because we sure as hell cant figure out what to do with these lazy cowards here on canadian soil where we cant even make them work without breaking some law.

If we could only lure them all off of |canadian soil they would have to do their share of the work in society.It is only here that these minorities EVEN QUALIFY AS BLOODY MINORITIES.

If you cant man up and do your share of the work in whatever country you live in you should be ashamed of yourself,and on that note I havent seen very many people here in canada trying that hard to make it on their own,there are so many resources available to healthy people that can speak english that you would almost have to hide to not recieve any help.Nationality doesnt matter here.

I am a white man who came from a backwoods little farm to a major city with no skills and no experience or support network,my family was forced to make the move.A single mom and four children,I had three sisters,we worked together as a team and let me tell you we barely made it because of pride,we were taught not to take help until we were almost out of the race,no easy ways out,what we didnt know is what life is like in a major city.Nobody cares what color you are in a major city you idiots,if you dont have something to offer or barter or trade you are eaten by the human sharks lurking everywhere in a city.There are support systems if you are aware they exist, even immigrants coming to Canada for the first time have more knowledge of and acess to and support accessing community services and food banks and other sources of assistance.

There are many many people who are in the position I was in ,racism and predjudice ,those words were created in order that a normal society that is blending and integrating as nature planned CAN BE SLOWED DOWN AND MANIPULATED.There is no natural definition for these words.

Winners and losers.Nothing in between.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by one4all]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Johnnycanuk,there it is straight from the horses mouth,My only response to your personal comments is that you are a very small person.

If I may repeat...

To put it very bluntly, you don't get it and you will not get it so I am wasting both of our time in trying to make my point.

Would smaller words help?

And as to that mocking post...am I the only one that sees the irony all over it?

Try this one instead...

Swamped by teen suicides
13 northern Ontario youngsters killed themselves last year. Another 80 tried. Desperate social workers struggle to cope – and wonder how many more have to die before they get the help they need
The youth living in the province's poorest communities – Moosonee, Moose Factory Island, Attawapiskat, Fort Albany and Kashechewan – face a host of problems.

Most of the areas are plagued with drug addiction, high unemployment and poverty. Locals complain there is little for the kids to do.

A new youth centre on Moose Factory, built mostly by the province, sits largely empty because of a lack of cash to run programs, something the province says is the federal government's responsibility www.thestar.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You mean to tell me they dont offer Greyhound bus service there or have welfare offices that hand out bus tickets to people that need to relocate to find work?

You know darn well these things are available,so quit the bleeding heart act already,there is work in every spot in Canada except where these people seem to be,they can move their arses.
What the heck else do they think the rest of the world does when the going gets tough,WE GET GOING.
In case you have lived in a cave your whole life,immigration is how humans maintain the ability to support themselves,you move your arse,you dont stand there holding it and looking confused and as far as people who support this crap they need to quit their jobs and relocate to these communities and start helping out instead of trying to get the rest of the world to cry the same bleeding heart story they are crying,get your hands dirty and go help,or at least try to teach people how to help themselves instead of canvassing society for pity for healthy able individuals at the cost of that help being directed away from the sick,weak,and needy.

Get mobile,I did,and so do millions of people all around the world,SO WHAT WAS THE QUESTION AGAIN,how to cure laziness?

And quit trying to make it seem like we just dont get it,we get it already,you arent willing to accept that the days when people would jump on the bleeding heart bandwagon are over,WE ARE AWARE OF THE GLOBAL REALITY TODAY,we know how bad it is all over the world and we dont respect lazy anymore and the liberal mindset that trys to propogate the protection of lazy people is also disappearing,these things have to go for mankind to progress.

Wwe have to get right to the crux of our problems in the world today and in the process we are flushing out a lot of scam artists arent we.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by one4all]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If you cared about those children you would demand that all of these reserves be closed immediatly and that the people in these isolated communities recieve bus tickets to the nearest community that has available work for them,anywhere in Canada they are Canadian citizens.

The obvious fact is that there is no reason these people shouldnt be fully integrated into society at birth,that there are existing support networks in society available to help these people like everyone else and that the current support system has taught generations of people to become substance abusers and has constantly kept them out of mainstream society all in the name of the government creating work for itself.

These problems are worse in small communities,a graduating student in my little school in the country died from impaired driving or suicide EVERY YEAR FOR SIX YEARS IN A ROW.This is life and death magnified in a small community,everyone didnt die and these things happen.

Your point with the bleeding heart statistics again,was it to inform or to cry.

Because we are all informed and it is a fact sad enough to make us all cry ,BUT IT SKIRTS THE REAL ISSUE AND DOESNT OFFER A SOULUTION OR SUPORT A SOLUTION.Dont you know thats why I am calling you a bleeding heart fencesitter?

You havent even tried to offer any type of real solution to these problems you have only tried to elicit attention to the fact that nobody understands without realising that it could possibly be YOU who needs to change your perspective enough to understand a different reality.Change and progress.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Stop bashing lazy people!
I take offense at that mister,it's the busybodies like you causing trouble not us lazy folk.
We never did anything.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is another applicable term for lazy people,OXYGEN THIEVES.

I dont care if people are lazy ,but lazy people are entitled to less of everything including oxygen,so could all the admittedly lazy people line up to the left and prepare to return the overpayment of oxygen you have recieved throughout your life,we apologise but there seems to be some sort of administrative error and you will have to return as much of the air you have mistakenly recieved as you can.Please exhale completely and DO NOT USE ANY MORE OF OUR AIR UNTIL YOU CHOOSE TO WORK.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You havent even tried to offer any type of real solution to these problems you have only tried to elicit attention to the fact that nobody understands without realising that it could possibly be YOU who needs to change your perspective enough to understand a different reality.Change and progress.

All I can say is read the thread and study some history...you are severely ignorant on both counts. Our conversation is concluded.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

laziness is the mother of invention,not necessity.
sure you could plow that field with a sharp stick but a plow is easier.
you could walk to work,a car or bus is easier.

how many atrocities have the lazy committed?
compare that to busybodies...

I'm a nomadic author,i can carry everything i own in a backpack except my sea kayak.I haven't done what you and my father would call an honest days work in 14 yrs.I live better by owning less.

enjoy your cubicle

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Lazy in terms of being self reliant,and if you havent taken care of your own needs by your own work as you have been a nomadic kinda guy then you are a parasite,if you have "surfed the system"using your superior intellect to be lazy and steal resources from other people by fraudulently and immorally using resources,programs and donations made for them and in the spirit of helping the sick,weak,and needy--then you are a parasite and an immoral hippocrite.

If you have worked at something non-traditional you have still worked and been productive,I have a Native Canadian friend who spends hours and hours carving beautiful sculptures out of stone and selling them for whatever he thought his work was worth onj that particular day.he didnt think he had worked a single day in his life either ,but half was in the bar and half was carving and selling his own work,he just didnt see it that way,but he wasnt a parasite he was a businessman with an image problem.
Refusing to hold down a traditional job and have traditional roots is not the same as refusing to take any job,expecting traditional roots without any investment,and being a parasite on society.

Work is as you see it and so is productivity and both are measurable,lazziness is both obvious and measurable by the damages it causes.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ok i'll give you immoral (i'm a hedonist) and the hypocrite(we all are abit) and even the parasite bit.

damn,
you got a hat trick in on me.good shot.

but i was only a parasite on society until i got enough cash to start on my investments.(retired bartender)

I'm saying work to live
not live to work.

big difference between need and want

we are way off topic here

[edit on 28-12-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You would think that our elected officials, those we put into office to rule over us and give our hard earn money away as if it were confetti to every liberal cause that comes along would be somewhat concerned about the hand that feeds them. The liberal causes don't feed anyone they only consume taxpayer dollars and create more leftwing causes.

While Washington and the rest of the country sinks into finacial despare the congress is worried about righting the wrongs that happened to Hawai hundreds of years ago.
The democrats are playing the fiddle while Rome burns. I'm loven this change we voted in.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So basically, you say that the majority of people whom beat me up as a child had nothing to do with the enslavement of minorities and the taking of indigenous land? Wow! Still raises problems, buddy.

The government, especially in canada, that everyone benefits from has created vast sums of wealth to give to the "new comers" because the government had refused to pay indigenous people their fair share in the war efforts that have helped the new comers arrive in the american country. So why the majority of the majority seem to think they have failed to benefit or even cause the suffering of others, they usually fail to look at recent reports on attacks on minorities (which statically come from the new comers) and obviously the governments still had tons of illegal transactions with the minorities that saved them tons of money that built the infrastructure, social programs (etc) from which new comers benefit. Simply said, you fail to see to what the governments admitted.

"While Washington and the rest of the country sinks into finacial despare the congress is worried about righting the wrongs that happened to Hawai hundreds of years ago. The democrats are playing the fiddle while Rome burns. I'm loven this change we voted in."

Well, the countries absolutely suck for failing to do the following things that could have solved your problem:
1) Let the nazis win - no minorities getting "fiddles"
2) Prosper during years of segregation and broken treatries
3) Act on the issues brought up by minorities sooner to avoid having to deal with it during an international treaty for human rights.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by UsernameCory]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join