It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The majority of Americans came to America in the last century and didn't kill Indians or enslave bl

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

All of you haters of America
You are so trolling!!!! Get the hook out so you can reel in the real reason for the hate the rest of the world has for us. Nice try, but next time give it a little more thought.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UsernameCory
So basically, you say that the majority of people whom beat me up as a child had nothing to do with the enslavement of minorities and the taking of indigenous land? Wow! Still raises problems, buddy.

I got bloodied plenty while in school and as an adult too, because I was white, by people that were not white. It happened a lot in the inner city schools. There were plenty of places my kind could not go if we didn't want to die. Such is a fact of life it seems in large cities. I never hated anyone and I still don't. But I do hate the politicians and radicals that wish to keep this baloony race war alive for political millage.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdeed
Yet the two big beefs about Americans are that they killed Indians and stole their land and they brought black slaves here. Baloney!
Millions of Chinese, Italians, Germans, Irish and people from every corner of the world came to America to escape tyranny in their own countries and to have a chance to make a life for themselves. They didn't kill or enslave anyone! So back off, all you haters of Americans!
Reparations are designed to dived and conquer America, and they are winning with deceit and baloney

[edit on 20-12-2009 by gdeed]

Yes but who benefited overwhelmingly from killing the indians??
Who benefited overwhelmingly from the slave trade??

Please pay attention to the word "overwhelmingly" it is critical.

I feel I completely understand where the OP is coming from and I don't think that I like it.

I have no problem with the title of the OP. It is the little bits that come afterwards that I take issue with.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

"
I got bloodied plenty while in school and as an adult too, because I was white, by people that were not white. It happened a lot in the inner city schools. There were plenty of places my kind could not go if we didn't want to die. Such is a fact of life it seems in large cities. I never hated anyone and I still don't. But I do hate the politicians and radicals that wish to keep this baloony race war alive for political millage."

Welldidn't you also get beaten up by white guys also?

I just thought I would comment on this to say that all racial beatings are wrong. Please don't fall for the old racist myth . Not all black guys are boxers. Black and white have gotten their asses whipped by racists.

Whenever people are finished purging themselves of their past and misunderstanding we stand and face the biggest threat our specis has faced in a long time. The survival of the planet and our specis.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Yes but who benefited overwhelmingly from killing the indians??
Who benefited overwhelmingly from the slave trade??

The overwhelming number of people that came to America in the last hundred years have benefited from "their own" blood sweat and tears. What happend hundreds of years ago had nothing to do with them or those alive today.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by gdeed]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Well didn't you also get beaten up by white guys also?

No never have, so far.

I just thought I would comment on this to say that all racial beatings are wrong. Please don't fall for the old racist myth . Not all black guys are boxers. Black and white have gotten their asses whipped by racists.

I agree

Whenever people are finished purging themselves of their past and misunderstanding we stand and face the biggest threat our specis has faced in a long time. The survival of the planet and our specis.

That might happen if we abolish history books. As long as people feel they have been wronged they will hate their percieved oppresors. Reperations are keeping that alive and on the front burner. It seems few want to bury the hatchet unless its in someones head.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Even if our ancestors were here a while, we were born since those times and have no responsibility for what our ancestors did. If somebody wants reparations, we can't afford it, the FED has destroyed our economy and moved our money to other countries and left us with a national debt we can't pay. Anybody demanding reparations on behalf of their great grandfathers is full of it.
We should demand reparations from what the FED has stolen from us, and that only within our lifetimes, Our grandfathers were likewise cheated and our country would have been more prosperous if it hadn't happened but there is no way we can demand reparations.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by m khan]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

The problem with killing the indians and the entire slavery period was both actions overwhelmingly benefited the elite. The elite were white. The elite taught most of the fellow white people racial solidarity which I call white supremacy. In 2009 I have first-hand experience of racial solidarity of the most destructive sort whereby a very sensible accounting routine was vetoed in an act of racial solidarity because the two white guys got together and played the race card.

I believe that the entire slavery issue is a read herring played by certain black people who simple have little understanding of history and politics. The issue has been one of racism and white supremacy in particular in the USA.

This mindless attacking of black people (who are not a homogenous group) is disingenuous. I stress that the entire black hoodlum situation is a convenient straw man argument because not all black people are hoodlums. Black on black crime is a lot more statistically likely than black on white crime.

The entire issue of reparations is not going to happen but perhaps all that is wanted is genuine equality of opportunity.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gdeed

Sorry to disappoint but slavery is something that most black people do not really think about. It may pop up in a particular debate but outside of ATS it doesn't happen often. Slavery may be a rallying cry for certain demagogues but white people also have their own hot buttons like black rapists, black criminals, welfare mothers, etc.

I believe that black people have generally chosen to forget slavery. The economy, family business, health, entertainment, holidays, Religion are all more important and more frequent discussion topics.

Do the white Americans discuss the south's succession on, the vietnam war, Korea as regularly as your mythical blacks discuss slavery?

But race is a big item in ATs. I am wondering why. This is a predominantly white forum hence it is a white person's issue. Why?

Again the decision to use African slaves required that white supremacy be invoked in the beginning of the slave trade to justify enslaving your fellow human. The Xtian establishment were fully behind the idea of black inferiority and reinterpreted the Hamitic curse.

Sadly because most criminals find it less risky to attack members in their own communities certain crimes black on black crime is likely to happen as is white on white crime.

I suppose that you who have only suffered black violence must be really scared by black people. I do find it strange that you were only attacked by black people. I was attacked by both.

Ultimately it is down to your experience in life. I presume that you perhaps were in the minority in your school..

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Blacks aren't the only ones who built this country. Yet, a lot of them (today) act like they did or actually participated themselves. How come no one ever talks about my people, the Irish, whom were enslaved, raped, tried-to-be bred out by the same people (the English) for almost 1,000 yrs??? How come we don't get to recieve any "reperations"? You don't hear us complaining about every little thing, do you? FYI, the Irish immigrants during the mid-1800's were getting paid a nickel for a days worth of work, compared to a dime the "real" African-Americans were paid for a day's work. Ooops, sorry if that wasn't politically correct to point this out! I'm sooo tired of hearing this crap. I'm white and I WILL NOT feel guilty for what others have done. That's on them. This trend of the white man has to feel guilty b/c of what somebody else did is BS. America is equal now. People who complain want to hold on to the past so that they can have an excuse to continue the hype and not have to take responsibility for their own lives.

Sorry if I came off rudely.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nycfrog27

Blacks aren't the only ones who built this country. Yet, a lot of them (today) act like they did or actually participated themselves. How come no one ever talks about my people, the Irish, whom were enslaved, raped, tried-to-be bred out by the same people (the English) for almost 1,000 yrs???

Really? The English? Unless you can give evidence that the Anglo-Saxon English were subjugating the 'Irish' then you'll actually find that was a mixture of the Normans (who conquered the English and the Welsh and created much of the aristocracy in what was to become Britain), the Welsh (who married into the Norman and French courts) via Henry Tudor's family, the Scots* through having various Scottish Kings on the English throne, then England and Wales actually becoming part of a Union with Scotland (making things a '3 way axis of evil'). Not to mention the Dutch and the German families that have also been on the 'English' throne.

But I tell you what, you stick to blaming the English, eh? It's certainly easier than accepting history or actually thinking.

*it's always ironic in that rush to blame England for anything and everything (particularly in posts such as this that drag-up time frames of a 1000 years) that people always whitewash over how the tribes of what's now Ireland crushed the natives in what's now Scotland, even to the extent of naming the land after them: Scotland. Farcical. It seems it's OK for the 'Irish' to conquer and settle in other people's land, but not anyone else. Interesting.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

sorry, i was under the impression that the English were settled by the anglo-saxon and normans> ALL whom are Germanic tribes

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Blacks aren't the only ones who built this country. Yet, a lot of them (today) act like they did or actually participated themselves. How come no one ever talks about my people, the Irish, whom were enslaved, raped, tried-to-be bred out by the same people (the English) for almost 1,000 yrs??? How come we don't get to recieve any "reperations"? You don't hear us complaining about every little thing, do you? FYI, the Irish immigrants during the mid-1800's were getting paid a nickel for a days worth of work, compared to a dime the "real" African-Americans were paid for a day's work. Ooops, sorry if that wasn't politically correct to point this out! I'm sooo tired of hearing this crap. I'm white and I WILL NOT feel guilty for what others have done. That's on them. This trend of the white man has to feel guilty b/c of what somebody else did is BS. America is equal now. People who complain want to hold on to the past so that they can have an excuse to continue the hype and not have to take responsibility for their own lives.

Sorry if I came off rudely.

I actually do not think that blacks complain that much. We are a stoical people because racism still persists and many of us just decide to enjoy life. Why keep whining? Besides everyone is now a victim and god knows white people have suffered from black people.

The question of the irish is interesting as they became white long before the slaves became free. This is the reason why I mention white supremacy. And that is why 90% pf the threads ignore it... They are happier discussing the straw man that slavery has become.

Also it was slavery that generated the wealth that financed the industrial revolution that has generated the elite old families in Europe and the USA.

But then heaven forbid anyone else discuss white supremacy....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

and heaven forbid that we should discuss how most blacks have an inferiority complex, right?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

white supremacy? LOL. I'm a strong white man who loves my people. I do not burn crosses nor brandish a swatzica. I love my people and take pride in my Irish heritage. I am second generation. However, in todays society I would be deemed a racist b/c of this. But it's okay if I were black and said that I was a new black panther OR BETTER YET, simply calling myself African-American (whom most blacks aren't) would be labled "OK". why is that? On the African-American thing, unless you are born in Africa and come to America you are not African American. You are AMERICAN, like myself. So why is it that blacks call themselves that? I believe it's b/c they want to hold onto their African lineage while disassociating themselves from the America they know b/c of slavery back in the past.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

sorry, i was under the impression that the English were settled by the anglo-saxon and normans> ALL whom are Germanic tribes

So really, you're blaming North and West Germans then, not the English? Then why didn't you say that!

Of course, it's interesting that you don't seem to include the North Germanic vikings who made a pretty good stab at conquering much of Ireland. Oh, but I suppose they're the OK Germanics. Don't worry, I've heard that argument before.

To be honest, you're not making much sense anyway. The English weren't "settled" by the Anglo-Saxons: the Anglo-Saxons were the English. How they actually got to what's now England is open to interpretation. However, even if you do subscribe to the idea of Vortigern's invitation to the nasty Anglo-Saxons biting him on the arse, then it still highlights the fact that the people of what's now Scotland and Ireland didn't have any problem at all attacking the Britons living in what's now England before the 'English' even got here. But I suppose that's OK. It's when other people do it Ireland (having first taken rule of either the Britons in what's now England or the taken rule of the actual English post-1066) that it's wrong. Yeah, I get it it. As long as you can blame the English, eh?

You even point out that the Normans (the children of Danes &c) aren't English, and yet you seem to be still blaming the English for the 'enslaving, raping, and out breeding for almost a 1,000 years'. And I quote:

enslaved, raped, tried-to-be bred out by the same people (the English) for almost 1,000 years

As I said, farcical.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Tiger5

and heaven forbid that we should discuss how most blacks have an inferiority complex, right?

Well how many are there? I don't know where you are getting your ideas from. You are unlikely to live in a black neighbourhood. I know many black neighbourhoods and have the conversations that you probably do not have. In fact I would say most of the white people get a mild shock at the sight of a coal black person with two degrees and completely disinterested in discussing their perception of race with them. Also there is an influx of Caribbean people since the 50s. These people have a heritage of marronage. The took on the whites in slave rebellions and then after humiliating defeats on these people then went on to have their own free villages.

Once you know your ancestors have killed white soldiers and have forced military defeat on them you view modern white supremacists, in all their disguises, as people who should not push their luck too much. It does not mean violence because it is easy for whites to say “reverting to type” however to live a better life, to be a success..That is great but traumatic for supremacists.

So your take on white supremacy vs Slavery will be mentioned later.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

How come no one ever talks about my people, the Irish, whom were enslaved, raped, tried-to-be bred out by the same people (the English) for almost 1,000 yrs??? How come we don't get to recieve any "reperations"?

While I see your point...to a point, I have two comments. First, the Irish are not generally physically identifiable in the street as 'something other', and secondly, that has certainly turned around some. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Blacks are still called on having 'their own day'...which I assume is how MLK Day is perceived in some circles, but I don't see a lot of muttering over St. Paddy's Day. (and a very happy one to you and yours, by the way)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

im from the south bronx

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

so the blacks who say cracker and other names, blacks who say black power, blacks who feel like they are owed something are hidden "black supremacists, right? just like whites in all "their disguises" as you say? Face it, your argument, along with other black inferiority issues is OLD NEWS. and just as inflammatory as damn Klan members. Face it, it keeps the crap going, does it not?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join