It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Girl Says 'Superman' Hero Lifted Car Off Her

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by MR BOB
take a fresh human femur bone, and a a steel tube exactly the same size/shape filled with gelatin. and test for your self.
That comparison has a flaw, you are comparing a steel tube with a tube with very thick walls, made in a way that look like foam, so the best comparison would be between a femur bone and a steel-foam tube with the same wall thickness as the bone.

In those conditions the bone breaks first, that's why you can break a bone with a hammer but you cannot break a hammer with a bone.

definitely.

and sorry to even get going on that in the first place,
but c'mon. lol

I agree with you all who feel that it is more than simply adrenaline.

I think whoever said something to the effect of
" you dont have time to think, or tell yourself you cannot do something" ...
is right.

that alone is a huge factor, if your mind is not telling your body that you cannot do something, or it doesnt have time, what is stopping you?

apparently nothing.

Thoughts really are everything, friends. ")

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well the drugs that are fed to us now are probably fixing that right now! Pretty soon the disconnect will be gone and Rage and adrenaline will be a thing of the past, a earlier unevolutionized man could still pull it off. I'm sorry im a lil drunk tonight

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I once witnessed a feat of strength.

I saw a woman lift a golf cart with two men and over a hundred pounds of fish in it when it knocked her son down and started to run over his legs.

Strangest thing I had seen in a while...

As soon as the kid went down she was on that cart with a thud. Then she heaved it up and the kid got pulled out by someone else - after the mother started to push the child out from under the cart with her leg.

That's right - she was holding the cart up while only using one leg. She had the child's leg out from under the wheel before the driver and passenger had exited the vehicle.

I had heard about this sort of thing happening with mothers, but finally getting to see it was something else.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I got to disagree what is being said here!! If really someone suddenly had the strength to lift a big size car off someone, this can't be attributed to simply chemical body reactions!! If it was only about adrenaline, could there be thousands of surreal and "super-heroic" acts every single day around the world, 'cos policemen are usually under effect of adrenaline, as well as firefighters, soldiers and other people that works in extreme conditions. We just would live in a sci-fi world full of heroes but we know that isn't exactly like that.
I guess interesting to think that this guy that helped the girl under the Mercury, really disconnected of our "limited condition" and for some reason that he won't find explanation 'til the end of his days, he reached a state of body/mind, that transcended the matter. In India is said that the avatars (plz desconsider this James Cameron bullsh*t) can transform objects or interact with them at the molecular level. For instance: Jesus, reported by ancient people as an avatar, could turn water in wine, decrease the density of his body and be lighter than water, do stuffs like that. Maybe this guy is an asleep avatar, numb that suddenly had a flash of his condition and unleashed his power to help the girl and then fell asleep his conscience again... Who knows when he will have another flash or even wake up permanently...???

[edit on 20-12-2009 by ucalien]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's adrenaline.

I seen a guy on a tv show lift a small helicopter off his buddy, the thing was in a muddy water filled canal too.

Not only does adrenaline send extra oxygen to your blood, and make your heart pump faster, when controlled it heightens your senses, TIME DOES SEEM TO SLOW down. Muscle and tendon inflate protecting the bone. And don't forget, bone is pretty damn hard to begin with.

There's nothing magical here, the only thing is we havent learned how to turn it off and on like a switch.....yet.

Even the best MMA artists, need a good warmup, some yelling at, some smacks to the face, to get there awareness and adrenaline going.

Well all Except Fedor Emelienenko. He's a modern day super-hero. He goes to the ring, and has beaten everyone with even a facial change. Like he's going to the store to by a loaf of bread and some milk. HAHA Fedor!!!

on a side note he was just named Russia's "Athlete of the YEAR" for 2009". A Mixed Martial Artist! How great is that!

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I do not know.. The chemical release may help Yes.. but I ask this:

If a person tries to do something that is impossible.. lets say break a stronger object with a weaker object wouldn't the weaker object fail the task? Wouldn't this mans bones snap under the weight?

Are we really saying here that adrenalin temporarily makes bones and muscle stronger than steel?

I really have no idea where, or how, to start.

1. He did not try to break a stronger object with a weaker object - he tried to lift a heavier object with a lighter object (i.e. himself). This is what power lifters do, they lift objects that are heavier than themselves.

2. It wouldn't matter if the car was made of feathers. If it had the same weight distribution and... weight, the outcome would of been the same. He was trying to lift an object, not break it.

3. Try picking up a solid titanium rod weighing 20 kilograms. Just because it is stronger than you doesn't mean that you cannot lift it. What matters is weight NOT how strong the object was that he was lifting. Also, when jumping you put the equivalent weight of 10 times your bodyweight on your legs. The cartillage in your knees can take the equivalent weight of 7 tons before it breaks. i.e. the human body is quiet strong.

Is this common sense or were you joking?

[edit on 20/12/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
If all of your muscles worked together, it would be possible to lift several tons.

Also, it's not science fiction to state that bone is stronger than mild steel, because it's a fact.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bignick

That was my thought. Jesus tells us every child has an angel to watch over them. The girls angel was helping out IMHO.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by bignick

That was my thought. Jesus tells us every child has an angel to watch over them. The girls angel was helping out IMHO.

Which verse is that? Is that from the same one where Jesus ate the puzzle piece?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

My guess is that he actually just pushed the car off her, but still a good story to here. Wait....yep no one claiming Obama is the Antichrist in this thread. That's good.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by bignick

Which verse is that? Is that from the same one where Jesus ate the puzzle piece?

If that's true, then why do all those kids get killed by cancer and pedophiles? Were their angels on a coffee break? I like how God gets credit every time something good happens and zero blame for hurricanes and disease.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

It's in Matthew 18, on the discourse of the terrible consequences of sin. In verse 10 Jesus says concerning children,

"Beware that you don't look down on any of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly Father.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think adrenaline can make you very strong when needed. When I was 16 years old 3 guys tried to mug me ( I was at a Cash point in York and taking my birthday money out to buy a PS1 as they had just come out). One of them had a knife too and demanded I hand over my money.

I dont know what happened but when one of them tried to punch me in the face I just had such a rush of adrenaline it gave me enough strength. I knocked seven bells of s*#t out of all three of em. I have scares on my arm from the guy with the knife though which sucks =C

With hindsight I should have just handed it over because i could have got killed.

It was quite strange as I am not a fighting sort of person but I got so much strength and took care of them rather quickly. Funny thing was they wanted to press charges but after a chat with the police officer that turned up they decided against it. They would have looked pretty silly though 3 18 years olds get there ass's kicked by 16 year old kid.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by tempest501]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Yup only a few get the visible miracle treatment. Or a lot of people see miracles but only at rare times in history, like when Jesus walked the earth, or coming up soon as armageddon approaches.

It has to do with the mystery of faith. Why that is important to God. It's a character issue apparently, but I've got a lot of sanctification work done on me before I fully understand it.

In the case of children, though at the age of innocence, I believe their souls return to God and thus the sting of death and tragedy is ultimately diminished.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I am not so sure its a faith or a divine issue really as I guess. As in mysituation I didnt have any beliefs one way or the other at that time.

Anything is possible though I suppose.

P.S I am still of same beliefs now, as in I really dont know what to believe on the subject of the divine etc.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The muscles are stronger than you realise. I seem to remember reading that the brain puts a limit on the amount of strength you can illicit in your daily life because otherwise you could actually damage your body. In times of emergency this "break" gets turned off as your system is flooded with adrenaline and other hormones.

Years ago on a show called "999" in the UK where a driver stopped by a broken down car. The women driving that car was doing something underneath it. Anyway it collapsed on her and the guy lifted the full weight of the car off of her and held it for around 10 minutes. He dislocated both shoulders but still held it.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My father's girlfriend was in a car crash a few years ago, he was following her in his truck because he knew she was drunk.

When he saw her drive off a ~15FT cliff he blacked out and woke up with her in his arms about 20 ft from the car, the cops told him that he WASNT suppose to interfere in an accident like that. lol

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Fire is a different thing, it destroys the flesh, and no amount of adrenaline is going to make you fire-proof or immune to smoke.

After a firewalking experience I'm not so sure. It was organised by the Australian sceptics association to prove firewalking has a natural explanation. My 14 y o son, a shy, nervous Asperger's kid, wanted to try, so I did it with him. It was pretty frightening, standing close for long your clothes could catch fire, so trousers had to be rolled up. Feet were wetted and the water sizzled when we got onto the glowing embers, but we followed instructions and walked at a steady pace.

Half way along my son collapsed and went unconscious. I caught him but was sure this was like petit mals I had seen and that he'd come out of it shortly. It was important for his future confidence in himself that he finish the walk himself. so I held him under his arm pits, right up, well off the coals, for about 5 minutes until he came to, then we finished the firewalk.

All that time I was standing still on the coals, which scared the living daylights out of the guys looking after the firewalk, but I "knew" I had to be alright because this was something I had to do. My trousers, at thigh level, started smouldering, but my feet were not at all burned or sore after.

Everyone clapped when we finished, and my son was so proud.

I know people make fun of miracles, but I believe we all have an ability, when circumstances are right, to bend the laws of nature to some extent.

Personally, although not religious, I believe there is a god who wants to help, but can/will only do it through living creatures. So if god wants to work through us, and we forget our fears and do what is needed, we might be helped to do more than we'd otherwise be capable of.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Thats amazing.

The human body is mind blowing when you think about it.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNzeNz

Thanks for the interesting video.

This reminds me of when I broke my nose playing basketball back in highschool. Due to adrenalin, after cleaning up the blood on my face and stopping the bleeding I got back on court and played out the rest of the game. After the game I had a throbbing headache though and went to see a doctor who confirmed it was broken. During the game I didn't feel much pain at all, just some numbness.

One other incident that comes to mind is playing basketball with my brother on our driveway, again when I was in highschool. We had our backboard and ring mounted to our carport. When pursuing a loose ball after a missed shot my brother lost balance and slipped head first towards the corner of one of the posts supporting the carport. Instinctively I reach out and grabbed his t-shirt with one hand stopping his momentum, with his head just millimetres from the post. It happened so fast my brother didn't have time to put his hands up to protect himself. My reaction time must have been exceptionally quick, I wasn't even facing him when I reacted. He was to the side of me, I'm sure a combination of sharp instinct and adrenalin played a part here.

This is interesting, the human mind and body are capable of some amazing feats under certain conditions. Most of the time we don't use these abilities because they're not required.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join