It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Girl Says 'Superman' Hero Lifted Car Off Her

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Kansas Girl Says 'Superman' Hero Lifted Car Off Her

www.foxnews.com

Harris was driving home after dropping his daughter off at school when he saw Ashlyn, 6, hit by a car that was backing out of a driveway. Ashlyn fell under the car, and Harris leaped to her rescue, according to Fox4KC.com.

"I just seen a child get hit, pushed into the street and rolled underneath the car," Harris told the TV station. "I grabbed the car, picked it up and pushed and moved it out of the way."

He's not quite sure how he lifted the Mercury sedan off the child.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Man, do I LOVE hearing these types of stories. And there has been too many of them to count over time. I remember seeing tons of these types of accounts on the old TV shows such as "Unsolved Mysteries" and "Sightings". I was always intrigued by it.

Things like this make it fun to speculate IMO. What is happening during these feats of "super-human" performance, when an average individual performs "miraculous" exhibitions of strength, often in an emergency type of situation?

Does the person temporaily "disconnect" from mind-LIMITED, preconcieved limitations, and suddenly move into a mind-POWERED state of manipulation of matter? Or is this being derived from a state BEYOND the mind itself?

Exciting to ponder the possibilities!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
its adrenaline. suddenly the body is pumped full of it. and the muscles can reach their full potentiol.

link   
whooops double post

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Wertdagf]

link   
Yep its wonderfull to think that you could unlock a hidden power and make the illusion of justice a reality. That you could protect your loved ones or yourself in a horrible accident.

You dont ever have to watch somone die infrount of you crushed under a car.... you can just lift it and save them yourself.............Right? I mean OBVIOUSLY if you arent able to lift the car and have to watch somone bleed to death in frount of you then God doesnt love you or you are just a lesser human.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Adrenaline overload can give one person the power of 50. I seen a man so scared at a car wreck that he ripped a car door off the hinges and sent it flying across the road. I seen this with my own eyes. It looked like a something from the '6 Million Dollar Man' TV show.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by fixer1967]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think many of these feats are really the result of some "unlocking" in our brain, at those times it looks like the body says "OK, I will not care if I injure myself, I am going to do this anyway".

Obviously, if the strength is not physically there then that person cannot lift a car, but many people are strong enough to do that.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That's kind of what I think too armap--Like a temporary "disconnection" from thought-based limitation maybe? The barrier of what can and cannot be done is obliterated for just a moment within the psyche of the individual, and there is sort of an override that takes place. Speculation on my behalf, of course.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Adrenaline is some crazy stuff... when my son was shot I one handed grabbed a sleeper sofa and flung it out of the way... Oh I paid for it latter... tore all the muscles in my lower back but getting to my son was the only thing on my mind and nothing was gonna keep me from him...

Great thread S&F to the OP

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I do not know.. The chemical release may help Yes.. but I ask this:

If a person tries to do something that is impossible.. lets say break a stronger object with a weaker object wouldn't the weaker object fail the task? Wouldn't this mans bones snap under the weight?

Are we really saying here that adrenalin temporarily makes bones and muscle stronger than steel?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
These incidents of superhuman strength , show the hidden power
of the human mind . Most people would suffer permanent damage
to their spines , in lifting a car . .... but in these cases they don't !
These powers only seem to manifest themselves , during intensely
stressful situations. ... might be the "ant factor" [lifting 50x own weight]

!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Are we really saying here that adrenalin temporarily makes bones and muscle stronger than steel?

Stronger yes, indestructible no, numb to hurt or injury yes... you pay for it later after the rush is gone....

Source: personal experience...
see Sig Image below...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by ArMaP

That's kind of what I think too armap--Like a temporary "disconnection" from thought-based limitation maybe? The barrier of what can and cannot be done is obliterated for just a moment within the psyche of the individual, and there is sort of an override that takes place. Speculation on my behalf, of course.

I hate to borrow a quote, but as Yoda said "Do or do not, there is no try". I think feats like these are a combination of both adrenaline and removing mental blocks. What a fascinating machine the human body is.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
two things ahppen to a body in these times.
1 normaly the cells of the muscels are like when you push over dominos one falls then the next and so on .
but in a extream time this normal prosses can be shorted out and all the cells fire at the same time giving momanteiry super strenght.
then draw back to this can be torn ligments broken bones and such.
theres nothing mystical here folks you can do this your self no emergency need you just need to use your mind and controle your cells muscels moderen day weight lifetrs use this meathed .
in the early 1900s the top weight ever lifted was 399 pounds and that guys trainer just couldent understand why his man coulden dojust 1 more pound.
finly in frustration he put that extra pound on without telling the guy thinkhe lifted it? lol o and adrenlian plays a big part as well of corse

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I must admit, i have nothing to add to this thread made the great DD, but damn if im wrong, you talk some back end rubbish whjfjhfjufv!!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Does the person temporaily "disconnect" from mind-LIMITED, preconcieved limitations, and suddenly move into a mind-POWERED state of manipulation of matter? Or is this being derived from a state BEYOND the mind itself?

my theory is that a person by suddenly acting in distress clears his/hers mind of thought and enters into pure awareness where such things are possible...

some sort of 'quantum entrainment'...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I love these stories!!

reply to post by ArMaP

Yes!

all in favor say "I"...

I! lol

agreed,

yes adrenaline can allow animals to do some incredible things.....

but the mind also has soo much more to it than most people can fathom.

mind over matter is no joke.

I believe adrenaline plays a part, sure...

But Humans, Once "Trained' ... or once _de-programmed into (or out of) thinking only few things are possible,
can achieve "impossible" things...

So it is within us, always...
(our ability to control mind over matter)
and as much as it has been suppressed over thousands of years....

clearly it can still manifest itself (this power) at will, when it needs to.

I also think the whole "adrenaline" thing, Is a very small ( but very real) piece to a massive puzzle, that science is still clueless about.

Thanks for the post, this broguth a smile to my face!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm waiting to hear the classic Christian line of "it is a miracle."

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Great post, amazing story. I have heard stories like this in my town too.

It makes you wonder when a house is on fire, children are inside and people are standing outside watching the house burning down screaming "There are children inside" - Rather than running straight into the house to save them.

A recent local story in my town was like - "But the flames where too strong and prevented people from saving the children".

If I was there, I would not care if I got burned to death, as long as the kids are saved. Bunch of pussies worldwide, I would not let fire hold me back from saving lives.

[edit on 19/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Great story, they always give me more hope for humanity. =)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join