It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Girl Says 'Superman' Hero Lifted Car Off Her

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
If I was there, I would not care if I got burned to death, as long as the kids are saved. Bunch of pussies worldwide, I would not let fire hold me back from saving lives.
You should have said "let fire hold me back from trying to save lives".

Fire is a different thing, it destroys the flesh, and no amount of adrenaline is going to make you fire-proof or immune to smoke.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Does the person temporaily "disconnect" from mind-LIMITED, preconcieved limitations, and suddenly move into a mind-POWERED state of manipulation of matter? Or is this being derived from a state BEYOND the mind itself?

Exciting to ponder the possibilities!

[edit on 19-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

Ever read The Physics of Miracles - Tapping into the Field of Conciousness Potential by Richard Barlett? You should if you want to know what it is that this makes kind of miracles happen.

The idea of infinite potential suggests that different or alternate universes are created in which every possible outcome is played out. By tapping into altered states of awareness, we can track alternate potentialities and blur the boundaries of these universes.

The adrenaline bit is just the body chemistry but getting the body to DO that chemistry is something completely different.

Pure (unselfish) Heart Energy generates Miracles to happen

Peace!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Love your post, Melyanna Tengwesta!

I will have to keep an eye out for that book. thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I do not know.. The chemical release may help Yes.. but I ask this:

If a person tries to do something that is impossible.. lets say break a stronger object with a weaker object wouldn't the weaker object fail the task? Wouldn't this mans bones snap under the weight?

Are we really saying here that adrenalin temporarily makes bones and muscle stronger than steel?

human bones ARE stronger than steel. you can hit your leg with a hammer, (just not hard enough to break it) and it will be ok, some bruising but ok. hit a steel pipe the same size with same force and you can crush it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

human bones ARE stronger than steel. you can hit your leg with a hammer, (just not hard enough to break it) and it will be ok, some bruising but ok. hit a steel pipe the same size with same force and you can crush it.

no way.
take a human bone in one hand, and a steel rod of the same diameter in the other hand and hit them against something hard until one breaks.. guarantee it's the bone that breaks first. lol

however, if the bone still has its human,
the human can somehow, sometimes, make it "stronger"...
or strong enough to destroy or mangle steel. lol

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Great story with a happy end, just what we need for Christmas, thank you and star.

By the way...this story reminds me the first chapter of "Incredible Hulk", back in the 80's ? Remember David Banner lifting the car in the rain?

In other way, cars are made of plastic today.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

The human thigh bone is hollow but is the strongest bone in the body. Ounce for ounce, it has a greater pressure tolerance and bearing strength than a cast steel rod of equivalent size.

Google it. if you dont believe me.

take a fresh human femur bone, and a a steel tube exactly the same size/shape filled with gelatin. and test for your self.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Great Story. I have the idea that this all relates to those stories and feats of certain monks, they train to be a state thats not of the world as we normally see it, so they can do stuff very similar to this.

We're held back by what our brain sees as the world, and in stressful times we completely switch everything else off, including our limiters.

Or maybe just wishful thinking lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi there!

My first post here, ive been lurking for 2 years now so i decided to join !

Ok on the topic now, i remember seeing a show on discovery channel
called "human body: the ultimate..... something" there was a episode on this,
they stated that the muscles usually operate at 25% of max. capability...
and in a case such an accident occurs they can do the full 100% + the adrenaline rush,
resulting in damage to yourself + superhuman strenght. I will try to find a link to it if anybodys interested !

As for the bone vs steel topic. Bones are coverd with meat, tendonds etc. so thats boosts the strenght quite a lot!

Sorry for my english im Estonian actually, but i belive you understan.

my 2 cents

E: found it

Human body the ultimate machine : strenght

[edit on 19-12-2009 by NoNzeNz]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by NoNzeNz]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Spiritual power=
The guy who lifted the car had a temporary angel put a membrane of protection around his body, while there the angel opened a portal to grant him access to power to perform the feat and then quietly departed, leaving us to scratch our heads and put a physical explaination on it.

I got electrocuted once with 15,640 volts.
Two angels placed a membrane of protection around me and opened the portal of unlimited power from God so I could detatch myself.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by fmcanarney]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by fmcanarney]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The mans not striking a object. He's lifting a object that has no direct force other than gravity. It's total mental. You see people who take '___' and certain drugs that unlock perspective thinking do crazy things all the time. You see them on cops over powering 6-8 grown men.I watched this guy at a bar who was jacked up on GHB X and booze run through a solid oak door and then jumped through a window and drop 2 stories down and never fell just kept on trucking like right out of a movie. I mean he knocked the door right off the hinges. So it happens alot it's just not tragedy so storie like this don't make the news. I almost think the media don't want to spread news that the human mind and body are super organic machines that can do these feats.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

no way.
take a human bone in one hand, and a steel rod of the same diameter in the other hand and hit them against something hard until one breaks.. guarantee it's the bone that breaks first. lol

however, if the bone still has its human,
the human can somehow, sometimes, make it "stronger"...
or strong enough to destroy or mangle steel. lol

Hmmm. Not sure about that. Martial artists break crazy things all the times. The Shaolin monks make good money leaning their full body weight on their throat on spear tips. Chi manipulation can make the body hard.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, as someone else said, yes it is adrenaline that is coursing through your veins during a time like this. However, there is something else going on here.
The more we learn the more we will realize that the human mind/body is almost unlimited in its potential.

People are capable of absolutely crazy feats, when they either are forced to or train themselves to do so.

I always like stories like this.

The story of the dude going through the door, out the window and down 20 feet only to keep on running is amazing.
Must have looked like spiderman making an appearance.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
though this is both a nice story and an amazing display of human strength, I don't really see this as ATS material

link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD your posts are always awesome, thanks for existing!

For the story, wow, ive heard of this a lot before like you mentioned with unsolved mysteries, and heard similar stories in the newspapers. i remember talking about a topic like this in HS way way back about how adrenaline can push someones strength to its limits.

Mind over matter... when it really matters!

[edit on 12/19/2009 by ugie1028]

link   
We are able to pump up so much adrenaline in ourselves that we're able to do things we never thought possible.

This isn't uncommon but hey, fun story.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Well, as someone else said, yes it is adrenaline that is coursing through your veins during a time like this. However, there is something else going on here.

No, there's not.

It's not that complicated to understand what happened here and in other incidents such as this.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

No doubt that the human body can be trained to be one tough cookie indeed.
I work at a performing arts center and we had the Shaolin Monks come and give an exhibition at our theater.
These people are absolutely amazing.
One dude lays down on a bed of nails, then they place another bed of nails on his chest while another lays on that bed. Then they place a block of granite on the second guy's stomach and bust it with a sledge hammer...

Not so much as a single scratch to either guy.
I've also seen one of those guys walk on a hand rail in flip flops about 20 feet above the asphalt. He was casually strolling about back and forth talking to a buddy of his. It was amazing.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

You can test it.
Go skydiving. Can't think of a better way to get the adrenaline going. Then, when you land, try to rip a door off a car.

No, it is will power. Like others have said, it is like a mental block. Once that is cleared, you can do amazing things.

For most, this can only happen under times of great duress, but for others, they can train themselves to do these things.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If we could use it then " I am invincible" (Got it from Golden Eye lol)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join