It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar – A Masterpiece With A Spiritually Profound Message!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Eh, it was a pretty movie and all but the plot is as tired as it gets.

It was basically a remake of Smurfs with a little Ferngully thrown in fir that early 90's nostaligia appeal.

Anyone claiming it's deep or new either hasn't been alive very long or lives a sheltered life.

There hasn't been an original story in a hundred years. Just a bunch of repackaged and flashy retellings.

When I heard they were after "unobtainium" I nearly walked out. For the sequel they'll be looking for "cantgetatitium" I suppose? Like an 8 year old wrote it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 28-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko

Originally posted by Chainmaker
There is no progression, no evolution toward peace, because that is unnatural in dualist nature. Human history has remained the same the entire time, never-ending cycles of violence. The only progression has been technological knowledge, that simply amplifies our potential for good or evil. It doesn't take away the evil.

Firstly let me make clear, I believe there are two realities in which we 'interact' with simultaneously -- both as real as the other.

1. The physical reality
2. The spiritual reality

If we're talking only about the physical reality, I agree with you. There is no way of escaping or progressing passed the world of dualism. The physical reality and dualism are one and the same thing... or to make it more clearly, I believe the entire purpose for the existence of our physical reality in the first place, is to experience dualism.

Why? To expand/progress our consciousness in the spiritual reality. I don't know what your beliefs are, and I'm not prepared to say I know enough for certain that I'd ever give my beliefs some kind of label. But one thing that really resonates with me, is that there is more to our existence then just the physical.

We're here for a purpose, a mission -- both individually and collectively. In order to facilitate this purpose, we need to experience a dualistic world -- plain and simple.

You ask if Hitler's reign of terror was necessary? Definitely. Does that mean if I was given the situation to stop him, I wouldn't? Absolutely not. I believe if I was given that opportunity, it was given for a reason -- he was meant to be stopped.

The fact that everything has happened the way it's happened tells me it was meant to be. A lesson learnt. An experience, an emotion, under our belt -- all the more wiser for it. Maybe that means things will change or be different in the future -- or maybe not. Maybe we didn't learn well enough.

But that's the beauty of it. The dualistic existence is the perfect classroom for all us students to learn -- and to experience our consciousness on a whole new level.

I agree for the most part with this post. I do have specific beliefs. Here they are.

The experience of Good and Evil in the natural dualist reality allows us to make our spiritual choice, do we desire to be cleansed of the Evil and lose our knowledge of it? Or will we make excuses for it and embrace it?

There is only one way to be cleansed, and enter the Spiritual Paradise without Evil that cannot exist in dualist nature. That way is to believe in the Avatar of God, the Son of God, who alone has the power to cleanse our Evil and return us to Paradise, and we must deny the negative selfish fleshly desires of the dualist nature, and repent of any Evil we have already committed, and live in the Holy Spirit, which is the white side of the yinyang minus the black dot.

Good is light and creation and life.

Evil is darkness and destruction and death.

No praise should be given to the negative at all, ever. No worship of dualism. No worship of dualist nature. We are passing through this dualist nature on our way back to pure light, and we should worship the light alone, unless we want the darkness, unless we want destruction.

We should only worship the pure light of the Creator.

The Creator is not Gaia, or Eywa. Gaia, or Eywa is dualist nature. The Creator made dualist nature to sift out those spirits who desire the light from those who desire the dark.

Dualist nature is God's tool. Don't worship a wrench.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loveispeace

Avatar is a Masterpiece unlike any other… James Cameron has created his own world and submerges the viewer into a new reality that will captivate and mesmerize you for two and a half hours.

I just finished watching the movie online, so everything is still very fresh for me and I have to say that this is possibly one of the *best* films I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy watching!!!

The greatest underlying message in the movie is that of a green planet and achieving our spiritual potential.

I didn't get that from the film at all to be honest. I can't even figure out how anyone would or could. What it reminded me most of was when the North American continent was first colonized and how we treated the natives of this land. How our greed outweighed our humanity and just how far we are willing to take that greed in acts of aggression against a peaceful race.

It portrays humans as a greedy and self destructing technologically advanced species, while the people from Pandora, are portrayed as a much more spiritual race, needing nothing, other that their connection to Mother Pandora and GOD.

Way to interject your personal deity of choice into the religious beliefs of a fictitious alien race. No, they have no connection explicitly nor implied with the human worshiped and invented God. The movie portrays a sentient race who lives on a living world in a symbiotic relationship with a plant species and all other life forms on the world of Pandora. This particular plant species appears to be nearly sentient in itself possessing more connections than the human brain.

They developed their religious connection to this Tree of Souls thanks to their symbiotic link to it, being able to upload memories and recall memories and communicate with this sentient plant. They don't understand the biology behind the tree or their biological ability to communicate and link to it or how it is capable of storing their memories. Thus, they deified the tree, turning it into a Goddess.

The people from Pandora understand the value in life, they know there’s a spirit, a soul, behind every living being and that we are part of a great wholeness.

They mention that the life of Pandora is all connected and energy taken is given back eventually. They appear to me to be discussing basically the 'circle of life'. Something must die so something else can utilize the stored potential energy to sustain it's own life. Again, your interjecting a humanized concept where none is explicitly mentioned.

They only hunt and kill out of necessity, they understand the body is a transitional entity, while the spirit is forever.

This is never mentioned either in the film. Mind you I just got done watching it, so it's still very fresh and memorable for me. They do seem to understand that the Tree of Souls stores memories, not actual souls.

They are in complete connection with their Planet, Nature and GOD.

Please stop saying GOD as if implying they worship the human God. Their deity of choice is a Goddess, not a God and they do seem to understand that this Goddess is the planet itself, not some magical invisible naked human in the sky like humans tend to believe.

Their advanced spiritual capabilities, allow them to feel and to communicate with every living entity on their planet. They are able to ride feel, think, and control animals by creating a connection through their tails. Once the connection is established, it is almost as if they become ONE with the animal, or the entity whom they’ve connected with.

The biology of Pandora is rich and mesmerizing for sure, but your doing nothing more than sensationalizing the biology of the planet. It isn't a spiritual capability, it's a biological capability that the life of Pandora evolved for. They don't become 'one' with the animals, they are able to directly control, but if you pay attention the animals are still singularly distinct from their riders.

Their connection to the tree of life is symbological to that of the Collective Consciousness.

It's called the Tree of Souls and there doesn't appear to be any form of collective consciousness going on. The Tree of Souls is a species of plant that connects to all others of it's kind in a complex network that operates very similarly to the human brain, this planet species may possibly be sentient but this is never really mentioned. We can deduce sentience however because the animal life of Pandora came to the rescue implying that the tree of souls heard the request for help.

Through it, they can reach an enormous database of thoughts, actions, history, past, present and future.

Nothing is ever said about the future and it's also explicitly mentioned that the only action this sentient plant takes is by keeping the balance of life on Pandora.

They pray for it, protect it and ask for guidance; for they understand the higher power behind it. In return nature heals them, cares for them and shelters them. It is a beautiful portrayal of loving and caring for the planet where they live.

It is no more different than praying over a medicinal plant here on Earth. Irregardless of praying or not a medicinal plant will still have medicinal effects. The planet doesn't shelter them anymore than a bear is sheltered by the cave it sleeps in. The similarities between the people of Pandora and the Native Americans here on Earth and how they relate to nature itself is pretty amazing.

I believe James Cameron has outdone himself and has set the bar way high for Hollywood and the film industry in general. This movie gains the highest possible recommendations we can give and we suggest you make your way to your local movie theater as soon as possible. The 3D aspect will only help to submerge you in a new world just as real as ours and enchanting by its beauty and soul.

I agree one-hundred percent. He really has outdone himself and I can only hope the other two films that follow are as equally as good and delve more into the rich beauty of Pandora and it's people. You can also learn the Na'vi language that was constructed for the film. Learning this language prior to the next two films should make them even more involving.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chainmaker

You sound like a Christian Gnostic. They believe that dualism is evil and this world has been created by an evil deity or force like Satan. Unfortunately, like all other versions of Christianity, Christian Gnosticism has also fallen prey to distortion. The original teachings of Christian Gnosticism which is based on Hindu-Buddhist thought is not that the world is evil, but our ignorance about the world begets evil.

There is a major difference between saying the world is evil and that our ignorance about the world creates evil. For how can the world be evil? If you believe god created this world, then you are implying that god created evil and therefore god either is evil himself or he is both good and evil. Do you accept this conclusion.

If you say that an an equal but opposite force to god created the world then you are saying that there is just as powerful a force in the universe as god but which is the oppositef, then this neutralises god's power and subordinates god to the universe. In that case the universe is indifferent to good and evil - you can either choose god or you can choose Satan.

If you say that god created a perfect world and gave his children free will and then his children fell and created evil then this implies god created his children with the potential to be evil.

To call god's creation evil is to indirectly call god evil. So it is not the case that god's creation is evil, but rather it is our understanding of the world that is evil. If you understand this principle, then you will understand the Pagan and true Gnostic ethic. The Pagan looks to the spirit of nature, not nature itself. The Pagan understands that the outward appearance of the world is evil, but the world is actually inherently divine. It the divinity in the world that they try to tap.

The world has two sides one is the mother who is variously called by our ancients Gaia, Prakriti, Shakti and one is the father, who is variously called by our ancients, father-sky, Purusha, Shiva. This duality is not a duality of separation but a duality of participation. Both the masculine divine and the feminine divine are yoked with one another.

You will never be able to escape duality, because like it or not, you are already dual. You are the child and god is the father, you are the beloved and god is the lover. You are tied in this relationship for eternity.

I worship nature, but I don't worship her outward appeance, but her divine nature. That is god. The mother and the father are part of each other. Worshipping one is worshipping the other.

If you do not acknowledge your divine mother you will never leave this plane of reality. She is the one that nourishes us, fulfills our desires and loves us. Ask for her love and you will get it. Do you think youe mother is evil?

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

LOVE

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I do not want to give anything away and will not post anything with a spoiler even if I put a spoiler alert in first.

The reason I wanted to post in this thread is because the film blew me away for all the right reasons. Sure the film was stunning in visual depth and special effects but it was the story line that sucked me in really quickly and I felt echoes of Robert E Heinlein’s Death world novels and specifically the first one (lovely Meta).

This film hit me so hard I shed a few tears when it ended because I wanted the film to never end. The strange thing is my wife said the same thing and my daughter was as silent as a lamb as we left the cinema.

I have not shed a tear while watching a film since my wife forced me to take her to see Sher in Moonstruck many years ago, but I cried then for all the wrong reasons.

Avatar = I hunger for DVD release!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
When I heard they were after "unobtainium" I nearly walked out.

I know, I was thinking Who the hell WROTE this? Bob Lazar? George Noory?

I was waiting for a REAL twist... Like, wouldn't it have been cooler if one of the Human scientists turned out to be a reverse avatar that the Na' Vi had planted to sabotage the Earth invasion?

I mean, according to the storyline, the entire planet of Pandora was a gigantic neural interface, and the Na' Vi were interfacing with both the planet and its various lifeforms with relative ease.

So why couldn't the Na' Vi use the Pandoran neural network to plant their own avatar in the Human camp?

Sort of the way Agent Smith physically infiltrated the Human world in The Matrix Reloaded, by simply reversing the avatar process, yes?

Would've been a cool twist on a tired, worn-out eco-protest theme.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/28/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

A Masterpiece With A Spiritually Profound Message!

First of all, please don't think I am trying to detract from your enjoyment of the movie or whatever message you got from it.

My only comment here will be to advise caution and offer the suggestion that we do distinguish between the fantasy/spiritual and the political. They are often packaged as being one in the same... but in real life, they live in separate worlds.

I have seen this movie and find it exhilarating... spiritually stimulating but it is still, just a movie. We walk out perhaps wishing ourselves on Pandora to live the idealistic life... but reality challenges us to stay grounded.

Humanity has no Pandora to fall back upon. All that we are and will ever be, that really makes a difference, is here in this life on this planet.

If we can find a better way to do things in our survival and growth, that would be good. The planet will thank us as will all future generations. But we will never find that if we ourselves get lost in that paradise fantasy.

All I suggest is to make sure that the ground you feel under your feet, is Earthly... and not of some place that does not exist except on celluloid.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chainmaker

Ok lets modify that to the overwhelmingly vast majority of Na'vi individual actions and culture in general being a positive utopia of fairness and nonviolence and rejection of negative use of technology.

The Na'Vi have free will yet are tremendously weighted toward positivity in a dualist reality, and that is not reality, it's only possible in a fictional story.

And thanks for listening, and I decided to throw in a little NWO stuff because I have a point to make in attacking the faux spirituality of this movie, and it's not to defend corporatism and warfare and environmental destruction.

*misfitoy starts pulling out the beating a dead horse stick*

Again, many (as in 'overwhelmingly vast majority') of the Na'vi attacked and killed other living beings. They didn't stand there offering daisies, they went to war... several clans of them. Choosing not to fight 24/7 with eachother doesn't make them unreal... being fictional characters does.

The only person who could tell you exactly who the Na'vi are, their history, how they came to be, and just how much 'positivity' their race has lived in, would be their creator... James Cameron. The movie only covered so much, so it's all speculation and personal opinion beyond that.

The whole point of the thread is someone saying that they felt something spiritual from the movie. Looking around the net, you will see that the OP is far from being the only one to experience this. Hundreds of people, (and the number continues to grow) are experiencing something from this movie. Let them enjoy their experience and beliefs... just as you want to enjoy yours.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

The whole point of the thread is someone saying that they felt something spiritual from the movie. Looking around the net, you will see that the OP is far from being the only one to experience this. Hundreds of people, (and the number continues to grow) are experiencing something from this movie. Let them enjoy their experience and beliefs... just as you want to enjoy yours.

Essentially, let's ignore explicit statements made in the film that imply differently huh? Awesome mindset. Ignore and claim otherwise irregardless of the facts. Love it!

The Na'vi developed their 'religious' beliefs due to their primitiveness and lack of understanding of the biology behind their planet. It has nothing to do with God as asserted by the OP. Let's not lose focus of the real message behind this movie, which is:

Humanity is a greedy worthless scourge of the Earth until it learns to respect the only home it has.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originaly posted by sirnex
Essentially, let's ignore explicit statements made in the film that imply differently huh? Awesome mindset. Ignore and claim otherwise irregardless of the facts. Love it!

Get bent out of shape much?

Who said anything about 'ignoring' statements in the film? I was pointing out to Chainmaker what the OP got out of the film, and that numerous others felt something spiritual as well. Different people had different experiences from this movie.

It has nothing to do with God as asserted by the OP.

Obviously, for the OP it did have something to do with God.

Let's not lose focus of the real message behind this movie, which is:
Humanity is a greedy worthless scourge of the Earth until it learns to respect the only home it has.

That's your experience from the movie, as I'm sure it was for many others.

Essentially, people should ignore their own experiences from the movie that imply differently from yours huh? Awesome mindset. Ignore and claim otherwise irregardless of what it meant to them. Love it!

[edit on 29-12-2009 by misfitoy]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

Get bent out of shape much?

Sorry, was drinking last night and yes I do to answer your question.

Who said anything about 'ignoring' statements in the film? I was pointing out to Chainmaker what the OP got out of the film, and that numerous others felt something spiritual as well. Different people had different experiences from this movie.

The only way I can conceive of getting a spiritual experience from the rich world of Pandora is to blatantly ignore the biology of the planet itself and to ignore the explicit statements made that allude to this rich biological connection the life of Pandora shares with each other.

The 'spiritual' aspect of the Na'vi is no more profound in meaning than any other neolithic tribe praying to a rain god. The Na'vi are too primitive to know and understand just how complex their world is and how everything is tied into that one species of tree or it's vast network of connections that run through the whole planet itself.

Obviously, for the OP it did have something to do with God.

So the OP thinks we can find God in a sentient species of tree's that's been deified by a primitive race of aliens?

That's your experience from the movie, as I'm sure it was for many others.

It was a pretty clear message and more prominent than any 'spiritual' message. Hell, the whole movie was based upon the human greed and desire for a natural resource to the point where we set out to practically kill all the Na'vi if they wouldn't relocate for us.

Essentially, people should ignore their own experiences from the movie that imply differently from yours huh? Awesome mindset. Ignore and claim otherwise irregardless of what it meant to them. Love it!

Ignoring experiences and ignoring explicit statements made that seemingly refute those opinions are two different thing's in my book.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It is true what they say. Those who do not have the eyes to see will not see.

It is clear to most people who have seen the film Na'vi were not portrayed as primitive, but highly spiritually evolved. Cameron contrasts the highly spiritually evolved Na'Vi with the technologically evolved humans in order to show the shortcomings of a technological society that values technology over spirituality. It is quite clear to most people who have seen the film the Navi's spirituality was given greater value than the human technology, implying the irony the Na'vi were more evolved than humans and it was humans that were in fact primitive. Ultimately the humans are defeated and forced of the planet showing the victory of the Na'vi over the humans.

Grace who plays the scientist is seeking for a biological explanation for why the Navi consider the trees to be sacred and magical. She records that her equipment that something is going on with these trees, but cannot explain it. Her theory is that it is some vast neural network and that in fact the entire planet is conscious because it is interconnected. She is eager to collect more samples. In contrast Jake who is more like Navi is more eager about living the spirit of life. In the end when Grace is dying and lying on the ground of the sacred tree, she stops thinking scientifically and she whispers in her last breath "She's real, I am with her now" Even Grace who is the epitome of the scientist becomes spiritual in the end and forgets all her science and enjoins with spirit like the Na'vi.

It is clear, therefore, that Cameron indeed was giving a very pro-spiritual message in the film. He does not portray the Na'vi as primitive, but highly developed and in the end their spirituality defeats science and technology.
Thier humility, grace and non-violence to the humans in the end, which they allow to peacefully leave their planet puts them on a higher moral ground.

It is interesting to note that the humans were portrayed similarly to the wild and dangerous animals. They looked just as monsterous and savage in their huge machines. Ironically though, in the end they have even lesser status than animals, because even the animals revolt against them in the end.

There is no doubt about Cameron's intentions: He portrays the Navi as more spiritually, culturally and morally developed than the humans. In the end it is the humans who get civilised and not vis versa. To not understand this glaringly obvious point is indicative of a severe lack of intelligence in the viewer in my opinion.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

The only way I can conceive of getting a spiritual experience from the rich world of Pandora is to blatantly ignore the biology of the planet itself and to ignore the explicit statements made that allude to this rich biological connection the life of Pandora shares with each other.

This is your experience, from your point of view, and it's an interesting opinion. I enjoy reading your posts. Of course, not everyone will agree with the OP, (I didn't feel the subject of God in the movie either). We just sometimes need to remember the difference between sharing our view, and attacking.

When someone posts saying, "Well I didn't get that from the movie, what I felt was..." it becomes more food for thought and sometimes even touching. The problem develops when someone comes into a thread with a "Your blind, my view is the ONLY view" kind of attitude. This puts walls up, and generally ends up derailing the thread, causing arguments, and makes people not even want to post anymore.

So the OP thinks we can find God in a sentient species of tree's that's been deified by a primitive race of aliens?

That's something you would need to ask the OP.

It was a pretty clear message and more prominent than any 'spiritual' message. Hell, the whole movie was based upon the human greed and desire for a natural resource to the point where we set out to practically kill all the Na'vi if they wouldn't relocate for us.

Again, that's how it was for you. There are others who feel a 'spiritual' message was more prominent. How can there be a right or wrong way on what someone experiences from a movie?

Ignoring experiences and ignoring explicit statements made that seemingly refute those opinions are two different thing's in my book.

Why ignore either of them?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Beneath the surface is a collection of way above average concepts that I've never seen in film. I think this clearly shows that we are coming to a serious change in the world and there are clearly higher souls in the NWO who are fighting for betterment for all humanity.

I would like to think this is what we do as we program immersive virtual-reality. It may not seem like we have the technology, but the logical ability to compute, simulate, and even interact with the real world is all there. It takes a lot of time to program all the pieces together. Most of the programmers do this as open source, so as a "betterment" they donate much of their time... or all of it... to build new worlds.

There is the notion that many of the financial institutions do not actually need physical buildings and their entire business operation can exist in a virtual world. If that was realized today, it wold always save from the economic and environmental impact needed to build and maintain those large buildings. It would further save on the costs of transportation, road maintenance, business sprawl, and more as jobs are replaced one-to-one with telecommunication-enabled positions.

Instead of your daily hour drive to work, you could stay home and work while you enjoy your family at the same time. Think about the cost of daycare and loss of family values and why someone would rather have a job where they can telecommunicate to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
It is clear, therefore, that Cameron indeed was giving a very pro-spiritual message in the film. He does not portray the Na'vi as primitive, but highly developed and in the end their spirituality defeats science and technology.
Thier humility, grance and non-violence to the humans in the end, which they allow to peacefully leave their planet puts them on a higher moral ground.

By what Cameron has written in other books, especially when related to Battle Star Galatica, the spiritual message is more about a higher-technological state than what humans now have. There was faint hints of the usual theme where the Na'Vi could be looked upon as advanced well beyond the point where big bulky technology was no longer needed.

The whole concept of the zuhalo (the bond) connection is the exact concept of an avatar by spiritual definition. Now, we use computers to create avatars in a virtual reality. On Pandora, their computer to do this is built-in.

It is not the Na'Vi that I look upon as more spiritual, it is computers today that I look upon as being spiritual. When you look and realize how colors change on the monitor in front of you -- you'll realize that isn't virtual reality -- it is REAL 100%.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Eh, it was a pretty movie and all but the plot is as tired as it gets.

It was basically a remake of Smurfs with a little Ferngully thrown in fir that early 90's nostaligia appeal.

Anyone claiming it's deep or new either hasn't been alive very long or lives a sheltered life.

There hasn't been an original story in a hundred years. Just a bunch of repackaged and flashy retellings.

When I heard they were after "unobtainium" I nearly walked out. For the sequel they'll be looking for "cantgetatitium" I suppose? Like an 8 year old wrote it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 28-12-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

More or less. It reminded me of Dances with Wolves in outer space. I didnt catch the part about "unobtainum"
. I personally think James Cameron, with this recent release, only proves that he is a has been. His early work was fantastic. Titanic (I know it probably has a huge cult following) and avatar just aren't up to par with Aliens, Terminator, Point Break, etc.

Avatar was just a bit too political as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

When I heard they were after "unobtainium" I nearly walked out.

I know, I was thinking Who the hell WROTE this? Bob Lazar? George Noory?

It does seem like an odd word to use, but I think Cameron was just having some fun with an old engineering joke. (It was also used in the movie The Core). "Unobtainium" apparently has a little fun history to it...

Wiki

"Unobtainium is a humorous name for any extremely rare, costly, or physically impossible material needed to fulfill a given design for a given application."

"Engineers have long (since at least the 1950s) used the term unobtainium when referring to unusual or costly materials..."

"Unobtainium is also used for materials that are practical and really exist, but are difficult to get. For example, during the development and service period of the SR-71 Blackbird spy plane, engineers working for Lockheed Corporation at the Skunk Works used the term unobtainium as a dysphemism for titanium."

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
I saw Avatar in 3D IMAX and all I can say was awesome. You will lose yourself for

2 1/2 hours and forget you are watching a movie. Were there messages and

lessons in the movie? Yes there were plenty good and bad depending on

your own beliefs what you got out of the movie.

Many will think the movie was made to brain wash people maybe maybe not

again it is all in your belief system. The greatest life form to me in the

movie was the Great Tree, The Tree Of Souls. On this Earth the tree to me

is wisdom and grows it's roots into the ground plus absorbs the Earth's

minerals, water, nutrients and pollutants. The tree gives it's shade, feels the

rain, snow, wind, storms, fire and sometimes the polluted air. The tree is

humanities Canary and will sing in the breeze and show it's disease and

bleed while crying when abused by man or nature. Our friend the tree turns

carbon dioxide into oxygen and isn't photosynthesis simply amazing. ^Y^

[edit on 23-12-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would like to point few things I did NOT like about the movie:
- conflict based story telling
- lots of violence
- monetary system propaganda - in future 150 years from now there will be no need for money
- double rebirth of Jake - propaganda of changing your natural body to a better one. In Matrix the message was - "It is NOT good idea to live in another reality and another (virtual) body - it is better to live in A REAL WORLD - however hard it is". Avatar message is - it is ok do damp your real body in exchange for more advanced life style.

I would also like to point out few things I did like:
- the different path of evolution of life on Pandora - it is more advantageous... as long as it is alive, because all life sees itself as ONE. This is also disadvantage - when physically disconnected (access points destroyed) it loses its advantage and is life similar to one on Earth with many fractional primitive tribes (civilisations).
- The Parable of Tribes - selection of power - when too civilizations (tribes or life forms) want the same thing, comes the necessity for power. The social selection favors more powerful - in this case Life on Pandora.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join