It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Rappers Hold Their Guns Sideways?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Matters not allow them to do it.. gives us all a better chance of winining

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Because it costs a lot of money to learn how to shoot well.

Some people go the discount route, and learn how to shoot at the marksmanship institute of Mogadishu , or Mtv.

Either way you end up in the same place when your skills get tested in the real world.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Oh I know, I know, I know...

Okay it's so when the gun ejects the spent rounds... the empties... hit them in the forehead and it makes this really cool hollow thumping sound...

If ya cant dazzle them with brilliance... you know the rest

[edit on 9-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Gangsters worry more about looking "gansta" than they do proper firearm handling. And in order to look "gangsta" it is required to hold the gun sideways. It's part of their code. You can look it up.
Law of the gansta number 36. When pulling out your gat you must hold the gat in the proper sideways position.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It's a real shame ghetto trash idiots arent computer savvy or know where the local library is. They really should know what people think of them and their cartoonish escapades.

Did anyone know there are "gangs" in NH? Yup. Somewhere in Nashua and Manchester there is a group of morons who are passing themselves as affiliates of "Folk Nation."

I just heard about this myself from local news and cops. By large everyone is approaching it as a big joke but a few folks are worried a bunch of moron kids might lay the foundation for major drug routes up from MA and spread the disease of ghetto-trash stupidity into this fine state.

Here's a fine specimen of the stupidity which will overtake us all should we let it: www.myspace.com...

Claims to be from Manchester, NH. It makes me sad to know this moron is in my state and that by virtue of his gross stupidity and mental retardation he or some acquaintance of his may cause the victimization of a perfectly viable human being as opposed to a waste of breath such as this gentleman is.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Wow good point.

Now what about the film 7 with Brad pit.. The cops seem to be holding their pistols like th ebarrels were to heavy. Is this the "limp wrist" hold? It did n't look right to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Holding a gun sideways is a hood thing. Its like rocking baggy jeans off ya ass. Its like inverted laces on ya kix. Its like big fitted hats tilt to the side like prohibition day fedoras. It gives the shooter a feeling of swag and confidence. Plus you aint aiming in the hood, youre just shooting and planning your escape. It probably happened due to a little hollywood influnce, Menace To Society, but then again " Art imitates life". I

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Macs are known for jamming up. Uzis. Nines. 45s somewhat. But not 38s.... any gun you own has to be oiled and taken apart at least every other day.... these fools dont respect the gun they own because they think guns are toys.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
.... cause rappers can only shoot while they're rappin and dancin....

[edit on 28-8-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I had to laugh at the OP and the guy using a MAC 10. What a piece of
junk.

These guys have been watching to many movies. I wouldnt own a MAC 10, MAC 11 or a UZI. No use for any of them. What pieces of junk compared to the better firearms out there.

Do any of these guys know what is a two handed stance or Weaver stance??

If you are worried about your brass giving you away..use a revolver. How much brains to you need to figure that one out?? Use very soft lead bullets.

Oh..but reloading takes skill and real thinking ability.

I remember seeing a guy next to me in the indoor shooting lane at 25 yards with a gun called a Tech 9. What a piece of junk. This guy couldn't get more than a couple of bullets on the piece of paper even though he brought the paper close and closer. Finally he destroyed the paper very close up with the muzzle blast.

This was my cue to leave rather than be next to such an unsafe shooter worried more about styling and profiling than shooting skills.

Now I understand how so many bystanders get shot in many of these incidents.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have heard a few different theory's about how shooting a gun sideways became part of popular culture and I'm not sure if any of them are true or not.

1. It makes it easier for movie directors to see the actors faces during gun fight scenes and so became the standard way of shooting in the movies
2. Something called the "Israeli Draw" a technique used by the Israeli defense force that has the gun sideways at some point, but not actually when you fire
3. Sometimes police forces hold the gun this way in order to be able to fire while holding a riot shield in front of them.

No idea which of these is true, or maybe it's a combination of all three. My money is on the Hollywood explanation though

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere If that was their concern and they had half a brain they'd use a revolver rather than take the time to pick up the cases after their inaccurate sideways ghetto shots.

Damn you Sir, you stole my post!

Now what am I going to post?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Sounds like reasaonable analysis. agree with u

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

May have already been answered but

Why Do Rappers Hold Their Guns Sideways?

Because thats the way it comes out of the box

[edit on 30-8-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

the baggy pants are todays young mans vesion of the hope chest. I call them hope crotches.

the rest of this is for the girl who posted the original thread

As far as holding a firearm sideways:

The sights are on the top of the firearm.
If you are aiming then hold the weapon upright.
Here is how to properly aim a pistol.
Empty handed, point your index finger at an object across the room.
Now, put a pistol in your hand and point again. Pull the trigger and you would hit a human center mass in the chest at a distance across a room.

The guys who hold the firearm are confused. It used to be called a side arm and they being of lineal concrete thinking suppose that means hold the side are sideways.

Second reason holding a firearm sideways has to do with recoil.
A himan target is predominately and literally, the kill zone is a vertical picture. Holding a firearm upright will allow the first shot, even though it might be a little high or low to enter the vertical kill zone.
The recoil from the first shot will lift the barrel relative to the target kill zone upwards. Once the momentum is expended gravity will bring the barrel back down in preparation for the second shot. And on and on till the firearm is empty.

Holding the firearm sideways after the first shot, the weapon will behave unpredictably, it will tend to cause the barrel to move to one side of the killzone in a horizontal movement. The user them must reaim the weapon and bring it back into alignment with the kill zone.

I say let the gankstas and hoods shoot like that, it will cive their opponents untold advantage and in the xareer life of a criminal, nothing wrong with introducing the chance of on the job injury or death.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by slugger9787]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Actually, no..its not to look cool or to look "hollywood." It originated from doing drive-bys. When you shoot a weapon there is what you call recoil, basically meaning when you shoot, it will kick up a little. When shooting into a crowd of people, you turn it sideways so when the recoil kicks, it'll send the bullet into the person next to w/e they are aiming at. It has nothing to do w/ looking "cool."

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible Actually, no..its not to look cool or to look "hollywood." It originated from doing drive-bys. When you shoot a weapon there is what you call recoil, basically meaning when you shoot, it will kick up a little. When shooting into a crowd of people, you turn it sideways so when the recoil kicks, it'll send the bullet into the person next to w/e they are aiming at. It has nothing to do w/looking "cool."

Ah, I see! So what you're saying is, "Why just kill one gangsta, when you can kill another dozen or so innocent people?"

And that peeps, is why the Darwinian process is alive and kicking on their planet!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but in case no one else has posted it a "stovepipe" is caused by "limp-wristing" the gun when shooting.

The gun needs a firm grip for the recoil to push against so the action will cycle completely.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Because thats how it came in the box, sorry if the joke was already made.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join