It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Rappers Hold Their Guns Sideways?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is how you grip and shoot a pistol.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Because they're to lazy and to stupid to do it the right way.I have a better question,why can't they speak English?Probably the same reason.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Because they're to lazy and to stupid to do it the right way.I have a better question,why can't they speak English?Probably the same reason.

More racism.

How ironical of you to call someone "to stupid". I guess you were too stupid to learn the difference between to, too, and two?

Maybe youre not too stupid? Just too lazy to learn English?

[edit on 24-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Hey,let me axe you a question?Why don't you learn how to read and interpret english.I said nothing about race.It was you who inferred the race of rappers so I finna conclude it is you who are the racist and stupid.(and you probably hold your gun upside down).The real question should be why do these criminals have to hold guns at all?I guess they don't have any thing else to hold (like their manhhood).

Oh Yeah Ironical is not a word Fitty or Diddy or whoever you are trying to emulate.

Your awnty should a taught you betta.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I read about someone getting a casing in the eye the same way with the same burns. That story was in Guns and Ammo magazine.
All I know is that holding a gun sideways just seems too Hollywood. Possibly a form of silhouette aiming originally but people thought it looked cool and copied it in the movies.
I wouldn't do it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hey,let me axe you a question?Why don't you learn how to read and interpret english.I said nothing about race.It was you who inferred the race of rappers so I finna conclude it is you who are the racist and stupid.(and you probably hold your gun upside down).The real question should be why do these criminals have to hold guns at all?I guess they don't have any thing else to hold (like their manhhood).

Oh Yeah Ironical is not a word Fitty or Diddy or whoever you are trying to emulate.

From merriam-websters.com

ironic
One entry found.

Main Entry: iron·ic
Pronunciation: \ˌī-ˈrä-nik also i-ˈrä-\
Variant(s): also iron·i·cal \-ni-kəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 1576

1 : relating to, containing, or constituting irony
2 : given to irony
synonyms see sarcastic

— iron·i·cal·ness \-ni-kəl-nəs\ noun

Guess you were too lazy to look that up before spouting off again.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

2. ironical - humorously sarcastic or mocking; "dry humor"; "an ironic remark often conveys an intended meaning obliquely"; "an ironic novel"; "an ironical smile"; "with a wry Scottish wit"

Maybe if you used it correctly I could have recognized the word.

Maybe you were using it sideways?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

2. ironical - humorously sarcastic or mocking; "dry humor"; "an ironic remark often conveys an intended meaning obliquely"; "an ironic novel"; "an ironical smile"; "with a wry Scottish wit"

Maybe if you used it correctly I could have recognized the word.

Maybe you were using it sideways?

Maybe if you used the definition I already provided, you know the one you claimed to not exist, youd see I used it was correctly.

I guess your mantra is embrace ignorance?

Anyway Im out of this thread.

No sense in a genius arguing with an idoit (sic).

ps "when youre wrong youre supposed to apologize and stfu for a while"

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.archive.org...

This topic made me think of this audio file enjoy.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Who says I'm wrong, you?First of all you are the one who accused me of being a racist when I clearly was not(guess you forgot that part).Second isn't it" ironical" you would actually tell me to apologize when you were clearly in the wrong.
I have another word for you.Cretin (look it up).

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I do know of a reason why one would shoot holding a pistol side ways (not that gangsters do it for this reason). If you are standing at the corner of a 90Deg wall, and your enemy is on the other side, you would have to cock your wrist (if right handed) to the left, around the corner to pull off a shot - ultimately leaving your hand open to be shot.

If you hold the gun side ways, you can merely put the barrel beyond the wall, and squeeze off a shot, without exposing your hand. I don't know if anyone mentioned this before in the post.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

From merriam-websters.com

ironic
One entry found.

Main Entry: iron·ic
Pronunciation: \ˌī-ˈrä-nik also i-ˈrä-\
Variant(s): also iron·i·cal \-ni-kəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 1576

1 : relating to, containing, or constituting irony
2 : given to irony
synonyms see sarcastic

— iron·i·cal·ness \-ni-kəl-nəs\ noun

Guess you were too lazy to look that up before spouting off again.

Just to end this debate the word ironical is only used when comparing 2 ironies to one another or in showing emotions.The word does exist but the context it was used was wrong.The word that should have been used was ironic. Now this is called Sarcasm really people were going to correct grammar to show who's smarter come on!
I know i was edumacated.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Simple answer as to why they think it looks cool ,and with gang bangers they don't have to worry about aiming they are usually only feet from there target.Luckily for the cops when they get in shoot outs with gang bangers they were trained how to aim properly and kill them.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Gangsters? The only gangsters that I could think of are the ones in the early 1900s which are the Mafia and not this nonsense "gangsta" garbage.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
There is only one actual reason for this... it's not collecting bullets or any thing else...

The majority of thugs firing a gun in a real situation do so only once or twice in a life time before going to jail

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
As a trained sharpshooter in both hand guns and rifles, I can tell you with all certainty why the 'gangstas' hold their guns sideways... THEY ARE UNTRAINED IDIOTS WHO THINK IT'S COOL!

It is, however, a sure fire way to make sure you miss what you want to shoot... I would have said aiming for, but you are not really aiming when you hold a weapon in such a retarded manner...

So pull your damn pants up and hold the damn gun correctly, G-Money!!! You look like you rode the short bus while licking windows when you do that stupid crap!!! Oh, yeah, and pull the damn store stickers and tags off you damn clothes too! Unless, of course, you are trying to emulate Minnie Pearl!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If you strech your (right) arm and pretent to hold a gun the normal way and now turn your hand 90 degrees counter clockwise, you feel it is a slightly more relaxed and natural position.

All these home-boys what to be more relaxed, cool, and lazy as the next so the ultimate relaxed impression and feel is to hold your gun side-ways.

Saying this all it will not surprise me if the design of a gun will be adapted to the more relaxed and natural way to hold it.

That is what I can make of it.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Soooooooo, having an aversion to morons willing to kill to "protect" a piece of street, buy a few beers and some weed or build a "reputation" is racist now?

You know the answer to that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

People who hold their guns sideways are not streetsmart for a streetsmart individual would know that holding it sideways will cause immediate death. This is what seperates those who are weak wanna beez and those who no what it is. If you learn how to protect yourself from watching tv you shouldnt be involved in such dangerous situations.
I have seen hollywood movies where people would attempt to look hard/tuff and hold their guns sideways like its some gangsta ish and I would always laugh like if that was me and them squaring off its basically a rap for that individual. So again if you are gangsta enough to carry some heat and then learn how to carry or fire it from watching tv and not from urban training then thats basically your fault for being something your not. DAMN SHAME but the ignorance is everywhere.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was told once its because when you shoot a gun (supposebly) the bullet leaves the barrel and goes either left and right and misses the target. To compensate the shooter hold the gun sideways so the bullet leaves the barrel and goes up or down and has a better chance to hit the target.

That is what my agricultural/wood working/welding/firearms trainer in highschool

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join