It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of Glenn Beck

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Obviously this is a photo shoot of some sort, which is much different from when he his discussing something on the show, or even on the radio.

like Doc Velocity, I wonder at the absolute fear with which liberals react to Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, and until recently, Dobbs.
What is it about honest questions you fear so much, that you are constantly in attack mode, rather than trying to honestly debate the issues?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
If Glenn Beck was such the liar that people are trying to claim, he would be out of business. Bottom line. Time and time again on his TV show he made it very clear that he would love to hear back from the White House to simply refute or explain his claims on the show. The classic red phone never rings and they refuse to appear on his or any other Fox News program because they can't defend themselves against the TRUTH.

The White House is trying not to show its emotion by responding. However, the actions and statements of the White House and its current slurry of minions regarding Fox News and Conservative Talk Radio speaks louder than words.

How dare anyone even attempt to hold Obama accountable. "Silence the opposition" "All hands on deck" "Progressive lemmings to your battle stations" "Someone is trying to expose us and our lies". The launch of the Media Matters attack drones is as predictable as the morning sun.

Perhaps Beck will run for public office. If a failed talk show host like Franken can win, surely a man who is a best selling author and who also has such high viewer ratings can win as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

You know, there are too many resources available today for people to take what Beck says at face value. It is much to easy to fact check what any one says. Please take that into consideration when critizing someone who for listening to commentary.
Beck is an entertainer and a commentator. He is not a professional journalist. He has world view that is shaped by success, failure, alcoholism, working at sobriety, having a special needs child, and his religious views.
You have, as do all of us, a world view based on our life experiences, our education, both formal and self, and our religious views or lack thereof.
Don't be so quick to judge.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by Sestias

You know, there are too many resources available today for people to take what Beck says at face value. It is much to easy to fact check what any one says. Please take that into consideration when critizing someone who for listening to commentary.
Beck is an entertainer and a commentator. He is not a professional journalist. He has world view that is shaped by success, failure, alcoholism, working at sobriety, having a special needs child, and his religious views.
You have, as do all of us, a world view based on our life experiences, our education, both formal and self, and our religious views or lack thereof.
Don't be so quick to judge.

Just a really quick question.. because your comment left me somewhat befuddled. Are you saying that my world view would be skewed in a bad direction because *I* have 2 special needs children???? I don't see for an instant how having children with special needs is in any way relevant to his views on Obama's treason or Anita Hill's Mao (just using some examples he's had on the show, I do not watch him on a regular basis)

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by shayanmh

So he is an alcoholic (recovering) means he is untrustworthy? What if he had tuberculosis? Pneumonia?
An illness doesn't necessarily mean one is untrustworthy.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

If I have offended you, I apologize. I was stating that everything, all life expereinces affect our world view. But yes, I believe that having two special needs children would, as you put it, "skew" your opinions somewhat. In what direction, I have no idea.
I was an epileptic for many years when I was a child. It most definitely skewed my world view, because having a seizure in public tends to affect one.
My political views now are much different than when I was in my teens and 20's. They were shaped by my life experiences.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by kettlebellysmith]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It is amazing that "you people" obsess over meaningless semantics and rhetoric designed to make a point while you utterly ignore the deeper truth he communicates.

Here's a fictional presentation of your foolishness, for purposes of illustration (is that sufficient qualification to get a pass from the Leninist Nit-Pickers' Society?):

Glenn Beck/Generic Thoughtful American:
"Hey, it's snowing outside this morning! YIPPEE!!!!"

Reply from "Seethelight" etal:
"You lie! It's 6:42AM which means it is not MORNING it is DAWN! And that's not SNOW it is a WINTRY MIX of FREEZING RAIN and ICE CRYSTALS.

"YOU ARE AN IGORANT REPUBTARD AND RIGHT WINGNUT BIRTHER!!!!

"Obama RULES!"

Does that about capture the distinction between you and the productive world???

Originally posted by seethelight
It's funny how Glenn Beck's lies get a huge number of responses, but a post about his lies is pretty much ignored....

Me thinks the faith-er majority doesn't wanna have their hearts broken.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by seethelight]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
id trudt him over olberdoucebagboy anyday
not that either is rellay trustowrehy just sayn

[edit on 21-12-2009 by givememyslaveback]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Gotta chuckle about this one. This guy does a radio and TV show at least 5 days a week. Of course a few details are going to get messed up. Do you honestly think anyone with a news show could ever get 100% of the facts absolutely nailed down?

Look at all the stuff he's dug up or passed on regarding Obama, Repubs, Democrats, the healthcare bill, climategate, etc .. Outrageous stuff, usually irrefutable since it's caught on camera. Even if 50% is wrong, its still incredibly damning to his opponents.

In conclusion .. is that really all you got?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Don't you just love the way the Beckies tell us it doesn't matter if he lies?
Nothing like show biz! so who's the President of the Fan Club?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
All you've shown is that some of the things he said weren't totally correct. Ever said something that wasn't correct, regardless of whether you knew it was or not? Sorry kid, by that standard, you're a liar too.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
IMO this video exposes everything one need know about Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck EXPOSED - Crying On Cue Using Vicks under His Eyes.

I want to say that it is just unfathomable how anyone could be so besotted as to trust this vermin but then his fan-base is composed entirely of wingnuts so it really is no mystery at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think the sheer volume of public speaking Beck and many others do, opens the door for inconsistencies and incorrect statements. Beck, as everyone else in his line of work, have a large team of people working for them to dig the fact up and create their dialog. I highly doubt that any of them have the capability to fact check EVERY thing they talk about on their shows; they must put trust and faith in their staff members to provide them correct information day in and day out.

What I would be more interested in instead of a list of Beck’s inconsistencies is a relationship of everything he is/was correct on compared to his consistencies. Just with what I have read so far in the posted "lies" I find are really small errors that do not change his overall point of view on whatever he is talking about, and so makes them rather moot. So what I suggest is those same people go back through, I don’t know, let’s say the past ten years, and count all the correct statements he has made too, so we can get a good account of his over all credibility.

To really debate this we need a good understanding of his reliability and credibility, or lack of, over a period of time. To nick pick 20 or so statements out of millions really proves nothing one way or the other.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
If Glenn Beck was such the liar that people are trying to claim, he would be out of business.

Really? This is your explanation? And I' suppose the rest of the media hacks are honest as well.

SG

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I say again - is this all you've got? A couple of disputed claims among the thousands he's made in the past month? Everyone seems to conveniently ignore the really salacious (and as-yet undisputed) stuff ..

And the vick's vapo-rub? He was asked to cry for a photo op. Let me repeat that - he was supposed to cry. Not many people can just cry on cue, and apparently GB is one of those people. So .. is that it?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
“In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary” George Orwell 1984

Sure Glen lies, but taking an eception to him, versus the lies of Oberman,Matthews,Maddow, Pelosi,Reed Obama, et al seems to me to be the height of hippocracy.

Oh, I forgot a lie in support of the left agenda automatically becomes truth. See Orwell above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join