It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of Glenn Beck

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Start here:

www.politifact.com...

Of the 10 issues politifact reviewed, none were considered to be true.

Here's two:

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

www.politifact.com...

NOT TRUE

"In the health care bill, we're now offering insurance for dogs."

www.politifact.com...

NOT TRUE

Here's some more:

Glenn Beck lied when he said recently that $1.4 million of stimulus money was used to repair a door at Dyess AFB. The doors repaired were aircraft hangar doors and the cost was not $1.4 million.

The cost was $246000 out of $1.4 million in repairs funding.

NOT TRUE

---------

In June Beck lied when he said that the US was the ONLY country that had a natural birthright provision.

NOT TRUE

www.numbersusa.com...

---------

Glenn Beck claimed Obama was the first President not to be sworn in on the bible.

www.washingtonpost.com...

NOT TRUE

---------

Beck warned people not to go on the "cash for clunker's" govt. site, because there is a privacy act you have to agree to before you get your cash wherein the govt. can access your computer and get any information on you they want.

NOT TRUE

The privacy act that has to be agreed to is on the site for DEALERS participating in this program, not citizens trading in their clunkers.

---------

What else you guys got...?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's funny how Glenn Beck's lies get a huge number of responses, but a post about his lies is pretty much ignored....

Me thinks the faith-er majority doesn't wanna have their hearts broken.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by seethelight]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Actually with the stim money, I wouldn't be surprised if they spent 4 mil on a toilet seat..

They had a local story here where I live that said 6 or so billion dollars was suppost to goto non existent counties..

In that alone tells you that the money isn't getting spent where it should be and people are pocketing the money.

The Obamacare bill, I don't even wanna get started on that, all you have to do is look on ATS for a few good posts about it.

I edited the 11 to a 6 i was off by 4.. Anyway here is that link it states..

Here
The Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity, a government watchdog group led by former Republican staffers, put out a report showing $6.4 billion in stimulus money had been spent in hundreds of nonexistent congressional districts.

[edit on 12/18/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've only read through a couple of those so far. I like how the point out the rationalization behind the "lie" or "half-truth." Funny thing is that in doing so they are sort of admitting that the statements, on both ends, being lies or truths are all coming down to whether or not "he meant it."

The forced abortion thing for instance:

We obtained the book to see exactly what Holdren, then a young man, wrote (or co-wrote). The book is just over 1,000 pages, and it clearly makes that case that an explosion in population presented a grave crisis. Although it is a textbook, the authors don't shy away from presenting a point of view. As the preface states, "We have tried throughout the book to state clearly where we stand on various matters of controversy."

In a section on "Involuntary Fertility Control," Holdren and the other authors discuss various "coercive" means of population control — including putting sterilants in the drinking water. But they stop well short of advocating such measures.

So, he did propose the notion. Beck claims he meant what he wrote and Politifact says Holdren claims he dis not mean what he wrote.

Depending on how the interpreter assumes either end of the claim "feels" or what they "mean" both could be lying or telling the truth.

A couple others were "based on outdated date." I cant really accept that as a lie. Not unless I assume to know whether or not the intention was deception.

I dont mean to defend Beck but it should be noted that very little if any of the matters discussed in the political realm can be labeled as truth or lie since intention and interpretation are uncontrollable variables.

According to Politifact we shouldnt be trusting anything anyone says. Which I'm fine with.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

I think its because the lies to the people right now by the current PTB are much more alarming.

When I walk across the road at a crosswalk, I don't look at the crosswalk signal and rely on it completely. I watch the traffic that is about to run me over if i don't hurry and cross.

Crosswalk sign being TPTB and the traffic being what is really going on.

If he is so wrong why does the administration not have someone address his lies and expose him once and for all.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Actually with the stim money, I wouldn't be surprised if they spent 4 mil on a toilet seat..

They had a local story here where I live that said 11 or so billion dollars was suppost to goto non existent counties..

In that alone tells you that the money isn't getting spent where it should be and people are pocketing the money.

The Obamacare bill, I don't even wanna get started on that, all you have to do is look on ATS for a few good posts about it.

Do some research on that story, it's a lot less damning than you think, but that won't stop Republicans (and Glenn's army of dittoheads) from pretending it's a big deal.

Here's some info:

www.cnn.com...

The first thing I notice is that you (almost) doubled the figure 11 billion from 6 billion... I also note that you didn't register that the government admitted their mistakes and have since fixed the reporting.

Can you imagine Bush admitting mistakes?

Mistakes are always made, and good leaders take the blame and fix them.

# ones deflect, deflect, deflect.

As far as Obamacare goes, show me a link to an article which states what Obamacare is, as defined by Obama.

If you wanna blame anyone for that, blame Congress, not Obama (except for lack of leadership/naivete...why he thought Congress could behave responsibly, I will never understand).

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

I think its because the lies to the people right now by the current PTB are much more alarming.

When I walk across the road at a crosswalk, I don't look at the crosswalk signal and rely on it completely. I watch the traffic that is about to run me over if i don't hurry and cross.

If he is so wrong why does the administration not have someone address his lies and expose him once and for all.

You're kidding right?

You think Obama is gonna come out and debunk Glenn's daily lies?

I think that would only encourage him to lie more.

He's like a fly to >SNIP

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The first one is whatever, the visitor logs from Jan to June showed exactly what he said.

The second one was based off of bad data from the guy who made the chart.

The Third One we don't know because the only people that have seen the bill are the select Dems in congress.

The Fourth one Mass. is running a 5 billion dollar deficit when the Health Care is costing 880 million. The fact is Mass. is running a deficit which means they are spending more money than they are taking it, If they got rid of their health care system that they passed they would be close to 4 billion deficit.

The fifth one, well if health care passes we will just have too see.

So now with all that said why isn't why doesn't Politicfact take on any of the other stuff Beck has talked about?

This is a bunch of spin this is the same site that gave Obama almost all Truths on everything he said and McCain all Lies on everything he said.

Also Beck has a phone on set that the White House can call and talk to him at anytime to correct him. They haven't done it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Inevitably, when I hear some outrageous claim about the government, Obama or the left, when I ask where they heard it, it's from Glenn Beck. His lies, half-truths, insinuations and exaggerations are, unfortunately, spreading like wildfire. People don't care if they have the truth or not, as long as they have a talking point that shows how angry they are that their guy lost.

People WANT to believe his lies. Otherwise, they'd have to face the fact that the country is changing and there's nothing they can do about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I love this.

The bankrupt over-spending imperial corporate run war machine we are changing into will be so much different from the bankrupt over-spending imperial corporate run war machine we've been for the past 60 years.

Mandating everyone give more money to insurance companies is a great leap forward. I just don't have enough reasons to fear being tossed into prison in my day to day life as it is.

Where's Reno? I think a nice siege would do some good about now.

Anyone who sees "change" in any of this hasn't been paying attention.

The gov keeps growing the middle class keeps shrinking and nations keep getting invaded.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Beck is a professional liar.
How many times has he been caught, then copping out saying"Hey, I'm only an entertainer, not a journalist.".
Beck plays to the knee jerk crowd, the uniformed yet opionated segment of conservative America that I like to call the "stupid and proud of it" crowd. the kind that just support whatever is called 'cristian" or is wrapped in the flag. they just believe what they are told and don't care to take it any further,
Beck himself just wants to be rich, His whole BS schtick is simply to further his career, and earn more money for Fox and himself.
I actually pity anyone foolish enough to listen to this moron. there are plenty of conservative out there that are honest and intelligent that people could listen to. I may not agree with them, but I respect them. I have no respect at all in any way for clown liar Beck.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Weither Beck lied or not shouldn't be the question. The fact remains and I posted this a while ago, that Politifact is owned and operated by the Times Media Company (St Pete Times I believe) and they tend to be very critical of right-wing causes.

They are themselves not unbiased and prone to twisting the truth to fit their interpretation, take it all with a grain of salt, for in the middle of both lay the truth.

CX

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
It's funny how Glenn Beck's lies get a huge number of responses, but a post about his lies is pretty much ignored....

Me thinks the faith-er majority doesn't wanna have their hearts broken.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by seethelight]

Me thinks it's better to wait more than 16 minutes before getting concerned because no-one is replying. I think i'm right in saying most members are from the US, which makes a lot of them probably working when you wrote your post.

ATS is a big place, some won't see your thread, some won't be interested, and some will just take time in getting back to it.

CX.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Uh-oh... Somebody is quoting PolitiFact.com, obviously not knowing that PolitiFact is a liberal mouthpiece that not only distorts the truth, but that also covers-up political scandals for the Democrat Party and attacks whistle-blowers.

PolitiFact.com Covers-Up ACORN Scandals and Attacks Whistleblowers

So much for factual reportage.

Glenn Beck may employ dramatic license, but at least he's not covering up for a corrupt political action group that has DEFRAUDED Americans out of billions of dollars.

PolitiFact COVERS-UP.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/18/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

You're kidding right?

You think Obama is gonna come out and debunk Glenn's daily lies?

I think that would only encourage him to lie more.

He's like a fly to sh1t, except he's the sh1t.

The only people they'll likely engage with is other politicians, like Dick Cheney:

blogs.abcnews.com...

Your right... addressing real issues to the people from whom you receive power from would be ridiculous. He is much to busy to address the fears of the middle class.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Beck is a professional liar.

No, Glenn Beck is an entertainer. He's not a politician, he's not an elected official, and he has no impact on American politics.

Beck entertains with editorial commentary. For that matter, Rush Limbaugh is just an entertainer specializing in editorial commentary. Hmm. Who else is an entertainer specializing in editorial commentary? Oh, yeah, Jon Stewart!

Is Jon Stewart a professional liar? No. He's an entertainer, just like Glenn Beck — except not paid as much.

See, this is the problem with the seething liberals out there... They consistently over-react to EDITORIAL COMMENTARY, which is a dead giveaway that the liberals can't tolerate criticism in any shape or form.

That's usually because liberals are guilty as hell for supporting corrupt politicians and corrupt administrations, and they hate being reminded of it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Another gem from Politifact. No surprise. Bought hook line and sinker. Funny, how they always want to knock someone who is at the top of their game.

The Beck witch hunt is actually getting more humorous by the day. Keep it up, it is just going to make him even more popular. His message is clear and he has exposed Obama's administration for what it really is.

The truth hurts and the progressive left is getting desperate because they are rapidly losing traction as more center leaning Democrats are now running for the hills to try an distance themselves from this utter nonsense coming from the extreme left. Which includes Obama BTW.

Desperate times means planting lemmings on sites like ATS to discredit Beck. I see at least one new thread a day that is claiming some BS about the guy because his message is getting through to the average American. I can feel the tremble in the legs of the progressive movement.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Glen Beck is a crybaby mama's boy!

Yeah right, who's afraid of crybabys??

[edit on 18-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Glen Beck is a crybaby mama's boy!

Once again, Glenn Beck is an entertainer. He was performing the same act on radio when most of you seething liberals were still wetting your diapers back in the 1990s.

Beck is successful at what he does, and he does it better than the has-been liberal entertainers who took their own comedy routines so seriously that they ran for office.

Now, if you want to talk about a paid professional liar who actually poses a danger to American politics, take a look at the has-been liberal entertainer Al Franken, whose lies are being entered into Senate records as we speak.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

How many more times are you going to post that clip from a staged photo shoot? I'll take Beck over Keith Olberwoman in a cage fight any day of the week.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join