It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of Glenn Beck

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So... He sells gold? I'm not sure how this is any kind of scandal. They're advertisers, and considering he's entertainment, it'd be like putting a can of pepsi on his desk. Besides, from those clips it seems much more like he's advocating gold because it's what he's doing as well, so that would include "practicing what you preach" and "advertising what you advocate yourself".

It's funny how everyone seems to hate Beck so much, but always comes up with the most idiotic examples of why.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

The only thing I was trying to show, is that Glenn Beck is an Entertainer. That's why I put the video in. Please do try and read the post, it might help solve some confusion in the future.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
It's funny how Glenn Beck's lies get a huge number of responses, but a post about his lies is pretty much ignored....

Me thinks the faith-er majority doesn't wanna have their hearts broken.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by seethelight]

'Tis funny how a post at around 10:00 is supposed to generate the mass amounts of responses you so oddly expect, especially when people might be, I don't know, at work or school, or out looking for work, and even shopping.

Glenn has never once stated something as truth that must be blindly followed; he is always telling viewers to never accept anything unless they look it up themselves... so, how can the man be lying, when he tells you to check the facts for yourself?

You apparently checked those facts. So... 10 statements out of what? 100? 1000? were erroneous? And he should be prosecuted? Hung to dry? What?

Tell you what, go find Pelosi... go find Van Jones... hell, go talk to the people from ACORN who conducted their own internal investigation... and see how many mistakes they've mentioned or stated in the past few months.

I'm not saying your wrong, nor am I saying Beck is right. All I am saying is, well...

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
Glenn has never once stated something as truth that must be blindly followed;

Obviously he hasn't, neither has Rachel Maddow, neither has the folks at CNN. They never called for anybody to blindly follow them, that doesnt mean they are being honest or truthful. If somebody is going to report something inaccurate or lie or be hypocritical when making an opinion, they should be held accountable regardless of what they "just claim to be". If somebody is talking about Fema death camps, or about how grandma is going to go to death panels, they'd better have the facts to back it up because such accusations should not be taken lightly, period.

If Glenn Beck has claimed his just an entertainer, folks should not have any problem agreeing that he does lie. Although it appears there are alot of people defending him in some way, without really explaining how this justifies his lies or his distortions.

Its like the folks at MSNBC reporting on the dangers of not having healthcare reform. Rachel Maddow may just be an opinionator, but at the end of the day her claims and her references should be held equally accountable to those that claim to bring the news because these are serious topics affecting us all. There shouldnt be anything to "entertain" about when discussing topics we all take seriously. There shouldnt be any excuse as to whether they claimed you should decide for yourself, their claims and accusations should be held up to scrutiny and they should be held accountable.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

"We opine. You recline!"

Fox news: for those too lazy to think

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

There's something in your post that invalidates your entire argument (since lying is what you're claiming Beck needs to be invalidated for). I'm not going to point it out, instead I'm going to allow you to fact check yourself and apologize for misleading.

If you can't find it, then you need to reconsider spouting random factoids and talking points into an environment where there may be impressionable people that will take it as fact.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
There's something in your post that invalidates your entire argument (since lying is what you're claiming Beck needs to be invalidated for). I'm not going to point it out,

So you decided to attack my post without really anything to show for it?

What a waste. Come back to me when you actually have a constructive argument against my post.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't see you people posting the lies of MSNBC and CNN. So until i see that happen then this is merely agenda driven.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
I don't see you people posting the lies of MSNBC and CNN. So until i see that happen then this is merely agenda driven.

I just mentioned MSNBC and CNN above, so obviously you decided to jump the gun. There have been countless threads about the lies from MSNBC and CNN, and on those threads we must always focus on those media outlets, so why not the same in this thread?? Or must we be extra rightious for Faux noise and mention every other media outlet??

They all spread their lies and thats that. Sometimes theres alittle bit of truth in other cases but all those media outlets do lie and mislead in one way or another. So can we agree on that Alien mind? Or are you going to continue complaining about MSNBC and CNN only in this thread?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I just mentioned MSNBC and CNN above, so obviously you decided to jump the gun. There have been countless threads about the lies from MSNBC and CNN, and on those threads we must always focus on those media outlets, so why not the same in this thread?? Or must we be extra rightious for Faux noise and mention every other media outlet??

They all spread their lies and thats that. Sometimes theres alittle bit of truth in other cases but all those media outlets do lie and mislead in one way or another. So can we agree on that Alien mind? Or are you going to continue complaining about MSNBC and CNN only in this thread?

First it's FOX news not Faux, It seems like everyone has been using Faux out little bit. You are right you did mention them in your post but my post was directed towards the OP. And yes all media outlets have their fault but what i am trying to say is that if you try to point out one media outlets faults then it makes you seem like you have some personal agenda.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

They all spread their lies and thats that. Sometimes theres alittle bit of truth in other cases but all those media outlets do lie and mislead in one way or another.

Well, I'm in agreement, if that helps any. But I also still stand by what I mentioned earlier as well... never never never accept anything as fact until you yourself examine the information, from all sides.

To get things back on track, kind of...

I sometimes watch Beck, depending if anything is good on Cartoon Network or if I have something more worthwhile on my DVR (Venture Brothers, LOST). Beck is entertaining at times, but for me, seems a bit way over the top too many times. Depending on what the main topic is, I'll watch... or not.

But, I also listen to Rush Limbaugh before going to school (I have an hour drive for that), Hannity before work (depending on where I am at, anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour), and depending on what day, on my way home from work, either Mark Lavin or Coast-to-Coast. Now, before I continue, let me say that this is mainly because the radio stations always play the same songs; I'll tune in an FM station maybe once a month, and it is the same stuff... anyway...

My listening to these people doesn't make me biased or cause me to become influenced. I am not sheeple. I have my own mind, my own thoughts. If something is said that sparks my interest, then yes, I'll pay a bit more attention, go home, and if I remember, I'll do a bit of research. For example, what was it, yesterday I think, Lavin was spewing something about Hilary promising away so many billions of dollars at the global warming summit every year so that poorer countries could take care of themselves. That sounded a bit off to me, since there wasn't any sound bite, so I when I got home, I checked it out. (In case no one's heard about that, it's true)

I don't know... maybe it's just me... but I like to be in the know, I don't want to be spoon fed information and accept it as gospel. I'm actually surprised that there aren't more of the same out there.

... seems I'm rambling.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

First it's FOX news not Faux, It seems like everyone has been using Faux out little bit.

Oh you betcha, I make no secret of my distaste for the lies neither do I make a secret that many of the other major media outlets have lied time and time again.

You are right you did mention them in your post but my post was directed towards the OP. And yes all media outlets have their fault but what i am trying to say is that if you try to point out one media outlets faults then it makes you seem like you have some personal agenda.

Why? Each media personality that makes countless accusations from either of the media outlets should be discussed and analysed individual as we need to all understand that disinformation can come in different forms from different sides. We shouldnt make an assumption that the discussion of one side is the consensus that the other is any different.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
There's something in your post that invalidates your entire argument (since lying is what you're claiming Beck needs to be invalidated for). I'm not going to point it out,

So you decided to attack my post without really anything to show for it?

What a waste. Come back to me when you actually have a constructive argument against my post.

Seems like he/she is following the Fox News debate model.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by seethelight

I think its because the lies to the people right now by the current PTB are much more alarming.

When I walk across the road at a crosswalk, I don't look at the crosswalk signal and rely on it completely. I watch the traffic that is about to run me over if i don't hurry and cross.

Crosswalk sign being TPTB and the traffic being what is really going on.

If he is so wrong why does the administration not have someone address his lies and expose him once and for all.

You would think that if he lies so often, then the WH would have gone full tilt at him instead of cowering to his voice. Van Jones anyone? Glenn Beck is the reason for why he was hung out to dry. More so than just about anyone else, Beck has put a vice grip on this WH in exposing the amazingly absurd leftists they use as their soothsayers and cohorts.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
All media is corporate owned. Yes, there are shreds of truth in most programming..yes...even Sean hannity's show has a few truths here and there.

You really have to watch all the cable news channels to try and make sense of all the nonsense...and even then it can still be impossible to do.

One thing that is absolutely true:

Obama has surrounded himself with bankers and Wall Street executives...the same people who caused our economy to tank. He is not who he claimed to be...no matter how much people want him to be.

He's not another FDR....he's another Bill Clinton...and that's a very bad thing.

I don't want to see or hear excuses anymore for Obama. To me he seems like a shell of a man, a man who sold out long before he was sworn into office.

I hope for a new movement. I hope Liberals join the only "populist" movement going on right now...the Tea Party movement...and morph it into the Populist party or the American citizen party...we need something like this. Anything that can keep corporate money away I would support 110 percent....even if it didn't represent my beliefs.

Eventually we will all hold them accountable and actually get the real "change" we've all been wanting for a very long time.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by David9176]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
come on this guy? hes like the next anchor for bill orielly, they are so propagandish it aint funny...and he used to be an alcoholic so hes already not good in my books

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Here's some more:

Glenn Beck lied when he said recently that $1.4 million of stimulus money was used to repair a door at Dyess AFB. The doors repaired were aircraft hangar doors and the cost was not $1.4 million.

The cost was $246000 out of $1.4 million in repairs funding.

NOT TRUE

---------

Beck warned people not to go on the "cash for clunker's" govt. site, because there is a privacy act you have to agree to before you get your cash wherein the govt. can access your computer and get any information on you they want.

NOT TRUE

The privacy act that has to be agreed to is on the site for DEALERS participating in this program, not citizens trading in their clunkers.

---------

What else you guys got...?

I am going to disagree with you on 2 counts.
1) The federal governments track record for keeping control over costs and paying the going rate for repairs and items is not exactly good. The government either underestimates on repairs, goods and services or ends up paying way more for items.

2) When the Cash for Clunkers was first out, if you did go onto the web site, the way it read initially was that if you logged on, the federal government had the right to go into that computer at any time for any reason they deemed. They later changed it, so Glenn Beck was right on the money on that one.

If anything the one thing I have noted 2 things about Glenn Beck, that can not be disputed: 1) If he gets something wrong and is called on it, he will make the time to do the correction, even leading off with it. 2) The white house has a direct line to the Glenn Beck program. No other news show has or does such, to let them call up and corect Beck on any issue that he brings up.
And this current Congress and adminstration are doing things behind closed doors and just ignoring the people the people they are suppose to represent. Right now, no matter how you look at it, any one in government needs to listen to the people, to include taking time to answer, without the bs and lies, without insulting the people, any and all questions as well as all grievences. And currently Beck is the one who is voicing the concerns of the people, for better or worse.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Glen Beck was the Zionist medias response to the whack job Alex Jones. Anything that will potentially make money, confuse people, and make them dumber will be adopted by the government and big corporations.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Eventually we will all hold them accountable and actually get the real "change" we've all been wanting for a very long time.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by David9176]

You see I figure same thing is gonna happen when a suitable TPer gets the stage, disappointment, its linked to GB, FOX or the GOP its gonna happen. All this constitution talk is in the most part TALK, certainly not at the ground level, but come one you guys,
these are the same folks. This was a "rebirth", a political shell game,,, the policies, ideas and convictions have not changed really, there has been little examination or real growth,
I hear the same old lines and theories as a result. SO it will be like Obama, big on the excitement factor, back to business as usual. Change is achieved with NEW ideas and examination,
seen little of either unfortunately.

This system we have here operates this way, just like Scarface said...

Glenn Beck is JUST LIKE a politician, wind checker and he is also a show biz man.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

It's funny how Glenn Beck's lies get a huge number of responses, but a post about his lies is pretty much ignored....

Me thinks the faith-er majority doesn't wanna have their hearts broken.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by seethelight]

No...most of us here just don't watch TV anymore ...I have never watched him.
The sheeple are the problem....couch patatos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join