It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3am phone call

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
wow that is really weird. I would love to hear it myself if you are able to get the voice mail on the computer. I wonder if there is some reason this spirit (if it is paranormal) is trying to connect with your boyfriend's son.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Weird things happen. One of my tenants was hearing conversations on her door entry phone. It turned out it was picking up a signal from somewhere.
I think this incidence was just a crossed line. Yes the call made it through to the answer phone. But it either got routed somewhere else as well and the woman picked it up. OR she was also making a call and the lines crossed somehow. Who amongst us has not experienced a crossed line? The last one I had it was like 'I'm trying to make a call, please get off the line'. Other person - no YOU get off the line'. And though this was not a party line - it happens.
I'll bet the woman was just as much freaked out - especially if she got woken up in the early hours

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow I would really be freaked out if this would happen to me.
My sister has changed cell phone companies 3 times (T-mobile, Sprint and now AT&T) in the last 2 years.

She wont get her miss calls and 2 out of 5 times my father calls her a man answers the phone. My dad always hangs up and tries again and he is able to get threw to her with out no problem. My father’s English isn’t that great and the man that answers speaks English so they can’t have a conversation.

I keep telling my dad to try to have a conversation with him and see what the man says but he is just freaked out and so is my sister.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think your son was probably having a conversation with someone close by to your boyfriend, somehow her phone rang too, and both were confused.

A few times my phone has rang, and I hear a conversation between two people, I say hello, but they dont hear me and continue to talk to each other. It's some sort of strange connection problem that's causing more than 2 people to enter the conversation.

That's my guess anyway.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It's not updated very often, but there's a great website www.worldITC.com that has a lot of information on Electronic Voice Phenomenon (EVP) and all other forms of Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC). Take a look at the 'researchers' results' section. Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I think your son was probably having a conversation with someone close by to your boyfriend, somehow her phone rang too, and both were confused.

A few times my phone has rang, and I hear a conversation between two people, I say hello, but they dont hear me and continue to talk to each other. It's some sort of strange connection problem that's causing more than 2 people to enter the conversation.

That's my guess anyway.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by _Phoenix_]

then you are assuming that someone else was in the home with my boyfriend...answered their cell phone, yet a complete conversation was recorded on his message service....
HOW????
I'm looking for all explanations. Is there anyone who understands how signals are picked up by cell phones and how this could have happened?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting!!! I would love to hear this convo. also. Please do everything you can to post this!! We would be very happy to be able to hear this. Sound's creepy! I thought at original post that his voice was just repeated by a low, slow female voice.......But for "her" to have actually responded to a question or ask a question is spooktatiously wonderful!!! Can't wait to hear it!!! Thanx for the post!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
The point is...only my boyfriend and his daughter were at home..nobody else, and when the phone rang and the machine picked it up..it recorded his son talking to an unknown person.He has the message saved but I live a distance away, and I'm the one with the microphone.
REPLY TO alyosha1981
I'm ALWAYS here this early in the am..and he knows that.
I thought interference as well, or crossed wires..but HOW?

what if his daughter picked up the phone right as the answering machine picked it up, and she was playing around by repeating his words

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aris820
My sister has changed cell phone companies 3 times (T-mobile, Sprint and now AT&T) in the last 2 years.

She wont get her miss calls and 2 out of 5 times my father calls her a man answers the phone. My dad always hangs up and tries again and he is able to get threw to her with out no problem. My father’s English isn’t that great and the man that answers speaks English so they can’t have a conversation.

I keep telling my dad to try to have a conversation with him and see what the man says but he is just freaked out and so is my sister.

This sounds like there's a clone of her phone/sim card somewhere....

Anhyhoos, I'd really like to hear the recording

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yep. Hopefully when her boyfriend gets home from work and she shows this thread to him, he will be happy to share this recording.

At the very least it's a great way to get a super thread going. LOL

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sounds like a crossed line or a crossed signal or something like that.

I use to work 411 years ago. This happened quite a bit actually, even with cell phones.

The woman could hear your son though he couldn't hear her...she was likely as confused as you are.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, there's no point in trying to figure out what did or didn't happen.

In this day and age its pretty much impossible to not have access to some sort of recording software. There's 100's of recording, converting, etc. freeware out there. And 100's of free uploading websites, sendspace, mediafire, megaupload, etc. I'm tired of people posting "oh I had ____ thing happen to me! But my computer is broken and theres no way I could show you any proof whatsoever"

Yeah, I'm calling you out. I think you made it up.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This probably can be explained by some type of cross connection.

But, I am so intrigued to hear the recording for myself I had to post in the thread for easier access at a later date.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun
Well, there's no point in trying to figure out what did or didn't happen.

In this day and age its pretty much impossible to not have access to some sort of recording software. There's 100's of recording, converting, etc. freeware out there. And 100's of free uploading websites, sendspace, mediafire, megaupload, etc. I'm tired of people posting "oh I had ____ thing happen to me! But my computer is broken and theres no way I could show you any proof whatsoever"

Yeah, I'm calling you out. I think you made it up.

Hectic, just hectic

There has been no mention of what your talking about. The OP says that when her son gets home from work they will copy the recording and share it here.

Hectic, just hectic

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by afterschoolfun

Accessdenied has been a highly esteemed member here for years. She's not making it up, she's never even remotely made a post to attract any attention towards her. You shouldn't be calling out people here.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not to downplay your incident. But have you thought of the logical explanation? It was simply a telecomunications error?

They are rare, but they happen. I remember I once rang my grandma, twice, and each time I was put through to some Polish person.

However, my Grandmas phone had saved both converations.

I understand it's odd, because this sort of stuff is extremely rare, but it does happen.

The chances are similar happened here.

Though of course I can't rule out anything paranormal. Just figured I'd give a non paranormal possible explanation.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some woman sat around telling her family about a strange little boy who rang her

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Now that is really weird, I would have been freaked out too. I always hear voices when im on the phone with someone, not the person im talking to, but static and another person talking, it could just be a glitch in the phone but its still really weird because it doesnt seem like someone haveing a phone conversation.

About the baby monitor, I use to use my sons old baby monitor to spy on people downstairs to see what they were saying lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAmongstMen
Not to downplay your incident. But have you thought of the logical explanation? It was simply a telecomunications error?

Yeah.. for yourself and the others who say this, it's possible. That's why I want to run some wave analysis. I have samples of voices that match EVP and samples of voices from known humans and compare them. EVP sound waves often times have distinct differing wave patterns than does human voices. If there are clear differences in this sample it can tell us if it is probably paranormal or just a human with who's wires got crossed.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aris820

Well tell him to stop! I'm sick to death of these randomers calling me that dont speak a word of english!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It seems there are crossed wires on the thread here as well.
I posted this thread in this forum, because it seemed to be the logical place TO DEBUNK the theory of spirits communicating over the phone message.
Call me out huh?
I got a frantic call from my boyfriend who was freaked out over an incident..and I responded the way that seemed most fitting to me..I CAME HERE. I knew if anywhere could give me an explanation it would be my fellow members.
Somehow this phone thread got turned into the childhood game of telephone and towards the end the message is all jumbled up.
It was not MY SON, but my boyfriends son...and so sorry that my boyfriend has a job that he has to go to on a friday morning and that it was too much of an inconvenience for him to drive a half hour to my place to upload a message for analysis when he needed to drive an hour in the opposite direction to go to work. SERIOUSLY people???
There are enough trolls here without me being one.
Even if I had the phone in my hand, I have never uploaded an audio file and I'm not sure I know how...
Regardless, after deeper investigation, the mystery has been solved.
The son called from the home line of the house...and for whatever reason while it was ringing the boyfriends cell, the other line in the home where the son was , rang as well..and the aunt of the family picked up the phone from a room upstairs.
??? How that happened I do not know, but the convo between the aunt and the son..was then recorded to the voice mail.
Now, for the record...I don't do hoax threads, I despise those that do.
I lean towards scientific explanation for most things.That is what I was looking for.
If anyone wonders why ATS is going to hell in a hand basket it's because people are too quick to judge others from behind their keyboard without asking the right questions or being patient enough for facts to surface.
Iam willing to bet that even if it was not explained so easily..it would not have been believed.
Thanks to those who helped me figure this out. In future though..I'll probably just keep things like this to myself.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join