It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 3am phone call

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I rarely post in this forum..but as I sit here at 5:30 and just getting off the phone with my boyfriend I have chills and goosebumps.
It was 3am this morning, when his phone rang..but he was too tired to answer so let the answering machine get it.
What the machine recorded though..freaked him right out...
It was his son calling, asking for a ride home as it was really cold outside..-20 here.
But there was an entire conversation recorded, between his son and a woman speaking.
Everything his son said..the woman repeated back, very slowly...as if she didn't understand English or was just learning the words.
Now my boyfriend called his son right back after hearing this message..and they are both freaked out.
Even if he dialed a wrong number somehow..how did the machine pick it up?
Needless to say, my boyfriend never went back to bed..and is creeped right out over this.
Had it been me I would have chucked the machine out the window.
I had a similar experience with voices over a baby monitor, but not a phone....
Ideas here?
Was this a spirit?
All his relatives are still living, so I'm not sure who or what or why would be trying to communicate.Unless there is a spirit tied to the apt. where he lives.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So, the son wasn't talking to anyone and having a conversation with someone? That's why he's freaked out too?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

If my GF was up at 5:30 am on some online forum I'd be freaked out too...
But any way this may just be crosstalk or interfearence of somekind?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
awesome.. can you play back the message into a microphone and record it on your computer so you can post this file? That would be awesome evidence for paranormal activity.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I don't understand why its scary? who is the lady? I don't quite understand.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The point is...only my boyfriend and his daughter were at home..nobody else, and when the phone rang and the machine picked it up..it recorded his son talking to an unknown person.He has the message saved but I live a distance away, and I'm the one with the microphone.
REPLY TO alyosha1981
I'm ALWAYS here this early in the am..and he knows that.
I thought interference as well, or crossed wires..but HOW?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
For those who don't understand, the thing is the woman on the machine was not really there.. the boy was talking to an answering machine that cannot answer back. Ghost or paranormal researchers often tape record themselves talking or asking questions into the empty air.. wait a few minutes and talk again. When the tape is played back the blank spaces are filled with voices from ghosts who have answer the researchers questions.. though he could not hear the ghost at the time. This is known as EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomena.

Now this does not mean this is what is actually happening here, but it is a theory.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
So, the son wasn't talking to anyone and having a conversation with someone? That's why he's freaked out too?

YES.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Can you tell me.. did the boy hear the woman on the line.. did they appear to understand each other or did the woman respond intelligently to the boy?

or was it just a womans voice that was talking about seemingly other things not relater to what the boy was saying?

This will make a big difference in clearing up what happened here. It is possible the wires got crossed and the recorder just picked them both up - if the conversations do no relate to each other in any way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT:

I just saw your last post answering th above question.. if the boy an woman were having a conversation there is a good chance something paranormal was taking place. please see if your boyfriend will somehow post a copy of this message online so we can investigate this further.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

[edit on 18-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Also if you could somehow get the audio uploaded would be great too!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
John..the conversation went like whatever his son said..seemingly was repeated back in a womans voice...I have not yet heard the message, but was told that his son thought he was having a complete conversation, but with a tired or confused person....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Now that is interesting. I would love to hear this and run some tests on the wave pattern to see how the wave is defined.

I am not an expert but have studied a lot of paranormal stuff over my 41 years. It is possible we could learn something about this voice by breaking it down for study.

If you don't mind, see if your boyfriend will get the tape recorded into the computer and send me copy. If he agrees you can U2U me when it is ready and I can send you my email. Then I can post the file on the internet if you and your boyfriend do not mind, for all to download and examine.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
John..the conversation went like whatever his son said..seemingly was repeated back in a womans voice...I have not yet heard the message, but was told that his son thought he was having a complete conversation, but with a tired or confused person....

But if the son did not know (in reality) that there was a women's voice present then how could he be on the tape, heard replying to the said woman.

After all, a conversation takes two people, one to ask a question and one to answer.

Concerning crossed lines, I have many a times picked up my phone, heard the dead dial tone - yet I used to faintly hear someone on the phone talking to someone else on the otherside of their phone. Within the telecommunications box in your street (the junction box) the circuit board holds these telephone wires that each go into the circuit which is labeled with the address of each landline household. I have seen inside these boxes here in Ireland and it is very easy for these wires to cross link between each other. You know those speaker wires you see at the back of a stereo system? The ones where the end of the wire is bare naked copper? Well, this is kind of like the wires on the telephone wire. The wires are very brushy and the slightest touch between each other and you can hear the other land line and vice versa. I was able to identify the voice on my phone (While having to put the phone handset down every 15-20secs because the phone then changed its dail tone which disallowed me to hear the voices).

I walked down to the house that I thought were the people who had crossed phone lines with my house. She said she could hear voices on her phone too. We got a BT engineer out to fix the street phone box and that is where I seen the wiring inside. Phone Phreakers easily make linesmans handsets with crocodile clips on the end of the wires, they just plug 'n' play the wires inside that box to hear or use that phone line belonging to that house/telephone owner.

John Phoenix: You said "This is known as EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomena". That is correct and also highly probable, I advise "AccessDenied" to watch the film "White Noise" and "Frequency".

A recording of the tape would be good to hear. It would also add credibility to this story, I was kind of hesitant to post a reply because Access.Denied never really answered JohnPhoenix's first questions/advice and instead answered someone else's with a one liner.

More info from Access.Denied would be great.

[edit on 18/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
OK, just got off the phone with my boyfriend again..and he is on his way to work..with the phone so I cannot upload anything till I see him and get it recorded.
So the phone in question WAS A CELL PHONE, with the message recorded to his voicemail.

The conversation went..
Son- Hello?
voice- Hello?

Son- Hello?
voice- Hello?

Son- Hi?
voice- Hi?

VOICE- Are you looking for someone?
Son- (hesitated) umm..yeah my dad...

Voice- Garbled response..then silence.

Throughout the convo..there was no background noise at all.

Apparently the responses were much quieter than the sons voice on the recording.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Cell phone voice mail.. excellent.. that means it would be digital quality.. I hope the phone has a way to plug into the computer for direct download so we can get the best possible copy. If not, do the best you can.

The conversation does seem like the voice was intelligent from your transcript. Being lower in volume and slower in speech patterns are both classic characteristics of Electronic Voice Phenomena.

It's time for me to take a nap now, but please U2U me when you have the file.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Cell phone voice mail.. excellent.. that means it would be digital quality.. I hope the phone has a way to plug into the computer for direct download so we can get the best possible copy. If not, do the best you can.

The conversation does seem like the voice was intelligent from your transcript. Being lower in volume and slower in speech patterns are both classic characteristics of Electronic Voice Phenomena.

It's time for me to take a nap now, but please U2U me when you have the file.

Cool, a cell phone recording. I would also like to hear this copy, U2U me when you got it converted from the phone. I have recently experience paranormal activity involving a cell phone and a "flashlight" flicking on and off. The speakers on my brothers computer done that "beep beep beep" radio interference (GSM RF Signals) noise but not the same as we heard before...it was lower and longer and weaker then the flash light turned on for 3 seconds and turned off again (manual turn switch on flashlight, spring). It was amazing to witness with 2 other people. Anyway, the reason I am saying this is because if it where a cell phone the message was left on, then there could be possible GSM interference within the recording.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yes Well if my girlfriend had an Avatar that looked like that at 5:30 in the morning. I wouldn't be freaked out, I'd be over there.

Man that is very creepy. So is the boy ok ? I mean =20? That's crazy enough right there. Let's hear if he 's ok?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The phone system is not a closed 1 on 1 communications line. It's a network, computer controlled, distributed, net like and also rampant with espionage from the alphabet agencies right up to and including the NSA and Mossad.

Anything could explain what you witnessed, from crossed lines and some normal person having fun right up to and including a bored secret service agent of any given country having some sadistic fun. Or even part of a fear inducing psyop, in case you have not noticed this world is ruled by fear, the more the better in the elitist psychopath mindset.

I would not think much about it, there is nothing to gain with exploring this sort of experiences in the current technological climate, just throw it down to malice and manipulation and chances are you won't be far off.

Also the elites are desperate to reduce the frequency at which humans communicate with each other, as the rising of the group mind is literally blowing them away, so they are trying everything to isolate the individual from the group, making the group the state. Command and control. And fear, again, is the main tool.

Shrug it off, it's nothing.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding
The phone system is not a closed 1 on 1 communications line. It's a network, computer controlled, distributed, net like and also rampant with espionage from the alphabet agencies right up to and including the NSA and Mossad.

Anything could explain what you witnessed, from crossed lines and some normal person having fun right up to and including a bored secret service agent of any given country having some sadistic fun. Or even part of a fear inducing psyop, in case you have not noticed this world is ruled by fear, the more the better in the elitist psychopath mindset.

I would not think much about it, there is nothing to gain with exploring this sort of experiences in the current technological climate, just throw it down to malice and manipulation and chances are you won't be far off.

Also the elites are desperate to reduce the frequency at which humans communicate with each other, as the rising of the group mind is literally blowing them away, so they are trying everything to isolate the individual from the group, making the group the state. Command and control. And fear, again, is the main tool.

Shrug it off, it's nothing.

I'm just looking for any and all possible explanations..not necessarily paranormal, but this seemed like the best forum to get that info from anyone who may have experienced something similar.
I don't know enough about the mechanics of air space and cell phone signals to be able to tell how anything like this is possible especially how signals could cross and then be recorded anyways.
As soon as can get my hands on his phone and the recording I'll be happy to upload it for analysis...but that won't happen while he is at work.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yes Well if my girlfriend had an Avatar that looked like that at 5:30 in the morning. I wouldn't be freaked out, I'd be over there.

Man that is very creepy. So is the boy ok ? I mean =20? That's crazy enough right there. Let's hear if he 's ok?

Ahem..well thanks..but he can't be here every night..lol.
Yes, his son is OK, but even more freaked out as he was the one having the convo with an unknown.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join