It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar, Great Achievement, or a Liberal/Communist Indoctrination Campaign?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I only read the OPs post before commenting the following:

If you are thinking in terms of communist vs democracy OR liberal vs conservative you already in the wrong mindset my friend.

Drop the left-right paradigm; set your mind free.

Avatar did have underlying themes but they are all open to interpretation. I personally enjoyed it but I can definitely see the potential to twist the morals of the story for unjust causes (I.E global warming)

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

This is called a selection for power. That is true - this has shaped the history of humanity.

However humans have other capacities that are surpressed:
- creativity - invention can be another option if there is a need for power
- love unconditional - instead of focusing on Self human beeings are capable to prioratise and care about others
- cooperation - instead of individualism (capitalism, free market...). When cooperating anmd teamworking, people can achieve more than in isolation

=================

If people would be trained to use these capabilities and not see themselves in fractions (idelogical, religious, racial, eceonmic, nationalistic...), but as One race... as connected deeply to all living things, then the future will be different from what you are saying.

This is called Hippie logic,it's a myth.
Since the very beginning competition is the rule, advanced primates are no exception.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oh God. Here we go again. Every movie has a consipracy theory attacked to it now. Where do these nutters come from?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just saw the movie last night. It was a very good movie. Best I've seen in years.

Electric universe, how could you write this opinion without seeing the movie? Isn't that pretty ridiculous? I think so.

The movie was beautiful and poignant. It left the viewer with a sense of right and wrong. You can read all the bull**** into it you want, but the fact is, capitalism at all costs is the most ugly and cruel of human practices, and that doesn't mean anyone that agrees with the sentiments of the movie is a communist.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This whole communist fear i like straight from the fifties. And those bands... I just totally cracked up. This must be a troll or something.

Didn't "communism" died in the 80's or something?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
wow, anything anti imperialism is communism to you? Why cannot it be hope for something new, different, better? I read your post, and James Cameron doesn't advocate communism. No matter how much you banter on about the idiots that somehow don't see artistic interpretation as communism, doesn't make James that evil person you so respectfully portray him to be. No governmental rule is perfect (Atleast in anyway we have currently conceptualized it) So you advocate a imperfect system by drawing attention to a more imperfect system. Communism.

Amazing. So no matter how bad our system becomes, we should just be glad its not quite yet communism. So I suppose I am communist as well, since I feel our system is flawed. It doesnt matter that I do not advocate communism, its just enough to dislike your point of view.

James Cameron is an artist, expressing his opinion in a medium he understands. You, are trying to demonize his point of view; THAT is the base of this thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by jimmyx

c'mon sky...taking something by force is capitalism?? even you don't believe that.

Maybe not skyfloating, but it is obvious that a lot of people have forgotten the lessons of history.

I guess the Communist U.S.S.R. was Capitalistic, and Imperialistic when they set out to conquer the Middle East in the end of the 1970s, and 1980s...

I guess the Muslims that converted to Islam and united to spread Islam around the world in the 7th century, and set out to conquer Europe were CAPITALISTIC, and IMPERIALISTIC....

I guess the Communist Chinese government must have been Capitalistic, and Imperislistic when they invaded Tibet, and as they keep on oppressing Tibetans, and other minorities....

Phew, yeah....it is all the fault of the imperialist U.S., and Capitalism....

[edit on 17-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Taking something by force IS capitalism. It's also called "spreading democracy". Isn't that what we are doing in Iraq? The place with all the OIL? And Afghanistan? The place where the pipeline has to run? And as a bonus, the place with all the OPIUM? We are taking it by force.

Imperialism just means "taking over other countries". Capitalism just means "getting as much gain as possible at others' expense". It is not a "free market". It is a racket run by the big guns, monopolizing everything, and running basically a giant extortion racket. Goverenments are just the biggest crime gangs. Once they get big enough, they can write the laws to favor themselves. Once they merge with the giant corporations, it is called FASCISM. That is what we have now. The Communist/Capitalist dichotomy is utter nonsense. All govt's act the same way, no matter what they call it.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
People throw around the word communist too much. In any case, i don't think it was. Most people went to see the film not an accurate portrayal of the communist ideology, read the book if you want that. It was a cheesy,mundane film regardless and why it has garnered so much attention on ATS is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

LOL

You completely missed the entire point of the movie, that we as a growing world could in the future be like the aliens we portray in movies that invade earth. And, that we are even now in the process of invading countries that are less advanced then us for energy needs.

Avatar was a metaphor for the war in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Well, I've just bought a ticket to see the film. I'm currently sat eating a spanish-style veg burger & drinking spanish beer: cost almost £13
I mention this because its a bit outrageous. Still, if I had the deal for a bar next to a big cinema, I'd charge a lot too.
Irony of irony, Velvet Underground has just come on the PA!
Seems capitalism is alive & well. If it can't take criticism, its probably a pack of lies, right?
I'll let you know what I think when I've seen it...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You know, I didn't bother reading the rest of this thread because quite frankly, if the original post is a theme of what was to come, I didn't want to risk the brain damage.

OP, I have some tasks for you.

Learn what Communism is
Learn what Capitalism is
Learn what Imperialism is
Learn past historical examples of imperialistic conquests over the ages
Learn how current corporate imperialistic-esqe actions have not only destroyed impoverished peoples, but destroys the ecosystem as well.

Once you've decided to move your cranium out of your rump and into the fresh air, using correct terminology and stop with these nonsensical beliefs of yours, I think you and I could move on with this discussion.

Not that you will.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, the film in 3D is quite a sensory assault so I didn't really know what to think immediately after. I went straight back to watch it again.
From a professional point of view, I'd say that the microphone proximity effect on the narration was overdone. I understand why: it creates a sense of intimacy that makes sense at the end, but meanwhile it got annoying. There were also a few action moments that could have done with snappier visual editing. Again, I'm sure that once the score was agreed, there were beats it had to hit so they were probably locked into certain timings. The score itself did a good job of creating the emotional undercurrent but was unmemorable imo. In a vis fx heavy film this may have been a good decision, but I cant help wondering if the "Lord Of The Rings" series hit a better balance. I'd also say that the entire sound design was a tad too subtle &, at times, the score overshadowed the sound fx to the detriment of emotional impact. Still, this may have been necessary to get a 12a certificate.
Simplistically, from an art POV, I'd say that Avatar is "Myst + Aliens" vs "Dances With Wolves". I enjoyed it both times.
I didn't notice any quotes from "Das Kapital" or Mao's "Little Red Book" etc. so I'll say bollocks to the idea that the film is any kind of communist manifesto. It certainly does point an accusing finger at the excesses of corporate greed & the Military Industrial Complex, but this could only be viewed as a call to communism if we lived in a world where there were only 2 opposite opinions to every topic. Fortunately we dont.
If you haven't seen it, I'd say its worth a few quid &, in parts, really quite beautiful.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I was with you right up to the point where you said the CIA went around killing people for better business.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
You know, I didn't bother reading the rest of this thread because quite frankly, if the original post is a theme of what was to come, I didn't want to risk the brain damage.

OP, I have some tasks for you.

Learn what Communism is
Learn what Capitalism is
Learn what Imperialism is
Learn past historical examples of imperialistic conquests over the ages
Learn how current corporate imperialistic-esqe actions have not only destroyed impoverished peoples, but destroys the ecosystem as well.

Once you've decided to move your cranium out of your rump and into the fresh air, using correct terminology and stop with these nonsensical beliefs of yours, I think you and I could move on with this discussion.

Not that you will.

Agreed, my jaw dropped at some of those assertions. Like the "Native Americans visited other tribes. They be CAPITALISTS!!!". And the "Communism is anyone who thinks imperialism and capitalism are a problem".

I mean wow, talk about misinformed, can't help but wonder if this post is for trolling.. Only about 80% sure right now given the inane topic of a movie crossed with a whole lot of libel and whacky assertions.

Here is a hint for anyone curious: The U.S. is not a capitalist society. It is run by capitalists. A Capitalist is someone who invests with capital or makes a living off said investments. If you work and/or derive your wages from a wage: You are not a Capitalist, you are working for them.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The film is a great piece of work, and a good love story to boot.
As a well informed conservative, I had no problem ignoring the progressive slant of this movie and fully enjoyed it.

It's a movie, take what you like and ignore the rest.

For those that cannot hold onto their own core values and beliefs, I say don't watch it.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So this is communism is it?

nope, not communist but a real life Hindu Avatar

Why cant people just see it for what it really is?
A story of right and wrong and inner spirituality and love of all life.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I will side with your interpretation that Avatar is an Indoctrination Campaign.

However, I think that it is to indoctrinate us to accepting the future increase of Mind Controlled "Walk-Ins" possessing genetically engineered Clones.

This may also be to prepare us for our Earth being invaded by Aliens who walk among us, observing and controlling, just as is done by humans in this film.

Here is an interesting analysis which points to this being Indoctrination. The analyst seems himself to be issued from the CIA's Mk-ULTRA Project Talent where he sharpened his skills to structure vision and adorn images with eloquence and style. Those trained in the same project will recognize it immediately. Whether this is still an agent of Indoctrination, or a deprogrammed rebel and formerly controlled antagonist remains to be seen. I think he may be a mix of the two, a rebel who retains a loose leash but a tight collar. It is too polished to be issued by free thought, knocking down open doors between established metaphors.

Avatar Review by Stefan Molyneux

So I weigh that Avatar is also issued by Hollywood's Illuminati brainwashers to prep our minds to being infiltrated and/or possessed by Aliens. This is already underway, as can be seen in this thread.

The Clone Conspiracy: Royal and Presidential Clones

If there really are today Mind Controlled Clones walking about among us, and even assuming positions of leadership and power, who is inside them? Are they AVATARS ?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

Or it was just a movie. I know this is a conspiracy website, but c'mon! Really? You folks are getting all worked up over a god-damned MOVIE. James Cameron loves money, and this movie has made him a ton. If you read about how it was passed around, and has been in development (since the initial screenplay was written) for about 30 years, saying it has some sort of warning or prophecy or indoctrination in it is plain delusional, as it's 30 years later than the movie was first conceived.

This thread is why people laugh at conspiracy theorists. All conspiracy, no theory, and plenty of conjecture to tie everything together. Mmmm irrational.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by Getsmart

Or it was just a movie. I know this is a conspiracy website, but c'mon! Really? You folks are getting all worked up over a god-damned MOVIE. James Cameron loves money, and this movie has made him a ton. If you read about how it was passed around, and has been in development (since the initial screenplay was written) for about 30 years, saying it has some sort of warning or prophecy or indoctrination in it is plain delusional, as it's 30 years later than the movie was first conceived.

This thread is why people laugh at conspiracy theorists. All conspiracy, no theory, and plenty of conjecture to tie everything together. Mmmm irrational.

Movie's send a message, sometimes hidden and sometimes just in your face. Just like music, it sends a message. Every time I see this movie, I take a look at myself first. What comes to mind, Human Savagery. Corporations with their own Private Military's running the show. The greed for money over the homes, land, and the indigenous people of the world. To think we are already exploring space in our current state of living in the world today. It is very possible that something like this will happen if humanity lives long enough with corruption, greed, and violence, without being self exterminated. What do you think happened to the Native Americans? Wheel and deal, and not every Deal was good or beneficial to them. What now?

I also want to get to this mud-slinging, Left Wing Bulls**t. Why are people turning it into a political movie? Oh. Right! Is it because it involves the Marines? The Ruthlessness? How they were working for a Corporation whose main agenda is to harvest a rock, at any cost necessary? Fight terror with terror? How is it called terror when the indigenous humanoids are fighting to protect their home-world?

Just reading a post from this link

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

While reading, I came across the following...

I was disturbed by the cheering from the audience towards the end when the humans – US soldiers fighting on behalf of an American corporation – were being wiped out by the Na’vi. Washington is one of the most liberal cities in America and you come to expect almost anything here – but still the roars of approval which greeted the on-screen killing of US military personnel were a shock to the system, especially at a time when the United States is engaged in a major war in Afghanistan.

Nile Gardiner was... (did he say) Disturbed? Maybe I saw it wrong, but then I got the second glance. I see Disturbed, as stated in, "I was disturbed by the cheering from the audience towards the end when the humans - US soldiers fighting on behalf of an American corporation - were being wiped out by the Na'vi." First off, I'm all for throwing a hot cup of coffee in Nile Gardiner's face for not seeing who the real savages were in the film. He obviously is "Blind" with a capitalB. The "sky people" as the race was referred to, tried to play the diplomatic card to get whatever the hell they wanted for self interest. The Na'vi (indigenous population), were not interested in what the sky people have. So now, you see why the Resources Development Administration (RDA) have a private army (US Marines) at its disposal for the second option. The RDA were going to get what they wanted, Diplomatic solution or not. I'm all for the Na'vi tearing those fools up. The RDA and their Private Military intervened in the lives of the Na'vi to meet their own personal interests.

If I was one of the Na'vi, I'm not letting them take anything from my planet, build up an industry, or make this their next dying world. If they decide to destroy my home and attempt to attack our most sacred place, I'm ripping their heads off. Simple as that.

But for Nile Gardiner, he doesn't seem to mind something like happening. If you can't do the deal, you take by force. This man is sick.

Maybe into the future of the next life that I live, if we get into something like this. There would be no hesitation required to choose a side. I'll gladly live or die fighting against my own race.

Call me liberal if one wants. I fly with NO party and it doesn't get any crystal clear than that.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Never seen Avatar. Have no interest in ever seeing it.

But I laugh at the stereotyping on here.

ATS seems like a good home for right-wing crazies much like Bellevue was a good home for the crazies of NYC.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join