It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"District 9" Speculative Discussion Thread

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
im still aching to to see the film i'll go to see or buy the dvd of any film on ETs & ufo's

how ever i hope there is a good buld up to the film from the start with this craft being spotted all over and finally coming to a hult and saying "were here type thing" id love to see a film that closly resembles the way it is today with all the hush hush around it, the grainy videos and picture the spiral wormhole type stuff,
i still feel there is a trick missing when it comes to making these type of films nobody has got it right yet and i know you guys all feel the same, just make a film about wot is really going on, and how thay really look,

Things im suggesting that could go in a sequel......

1,there actully not aliens - there us but from the future and because there evolution has changed so much thats why thay look diffrent, but there here to help, maybe help us because where destroying the planet, or to give us technology we need to fight of invading ets that there still slaves to in there time?

2, the mars piramids & earth piramid connection,
thay was the race/ets who took us humans from are mother planet mars, witch was dieing... thay took us to eygiped and helped us build the pyramids and have allways been coming back to check on us over time, where thay go on to getting back to mars to show us all are acient citys and, maybe thay could have footage of wot it once looked like lush and green, then start to help us reverse the damage done to it, buy creating a new atmosphere "terraform it" where we ultimatly end up with two planets

3, american government plans 2 kill them all to gain access to the technology reverse enginner and play it of as thay never existed or went home,

4, we carry on getting UFO sigtings all over the world, pretty much place the real things going on today over the top of wots gone on in this film, thay denie to the world governments its not them... and its not, we soon find out that thay know nothing of them also and thay agree to help find out wot thay want or wot there doing "abducting" etc, then we could bring in some of the theorys and evidence from today such as, the ET base on the moon with its huge mile high structures and wot there up to. maybe bring the grays into the mix there,

5, mars again - maybe have them leave earth and thay start to terraform mars into an habitable world/home again, more of them start to arrive raising concern through out the world goverments that it may just be a build up force and platform to rage a war for are planet and resourses, a plan begins with the world governments to unite and get to work on its joint weaponry programs asap, and start to build more deep underground bunkers like a secret deffence plan incase of attack

Im sure you could bring in things like haarp & project blue beam here along with the fact the u.s.a.f has been secretly not testing but using antigravity craft for years, and the secret base on the dark side of the moon is infact human built, the west has been secretly building it there for years and the secret antigravity porpultion spacecraft have been cargo carriers to get it up there & built, we new thay was coming all along and didnt want to gamble on weather thay was going to be nice of bad ETs, where a huge partical beam is pefectly placed to strike back at there new HQ mars,

end result is a united planet/earth with a new alien spicies "maybe the grays again" acepting us into a good guys type intergalactic brotherhood, because thay can see now that we have risen above are old ways and united, therefore we have all matured enuff as a spicies to be trusted...?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
District 9 has become my all time favorite science fiction film (topping Akira and the Star Wars sagas).

Things I loved about the film:

- Much in the film prompts a sequel.
- The word 'prawn'.
- How Wikus says 'fookin' in practically every sentence.
- The metamorphosis of Wikus throughout the film. He grows from an ancillary character into a science fiction icon.
- The biotech-bot-suit-thingy showcased some of the more realistic cg I've seen in a while.
- The mustache. Wikus makes the mustache cool again.

On a less trivial note and in response to the OP: The film is an apt commentary on man's incivility and overall lack of selfless altruism whether on an interplanetary or analogical level.

Alright you fookin' prawns. I'm off to trim my mustache.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by rexusdiablos]

I also liked Wikus' 'fookin everthing' bit. I wonder how that translates into prawn speak now that he has transformed?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
For the sequel, I would like to see the themes of interspecies fornication, hinted at in the movie, expanded upon. The question is; Would an NC-17 rating help or hurt the box-office?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The one problem I had with the film is that with communication established between the Prawns and Man, it would seem that there would be a lot more dealing, versus dictating by man...

The Prawns seemed faced with a problem...would take many years in secret to make a material needed by their technology to leave..... or, they could try and deal with the humans and get the material made sooner, and leave sooner.

Not sure why an intelligent creature would opt for the first option....

I would have loved to see footage of the Prawns' arrival, and the governments' reactions....my guess is that as soon as they couldn't establish communication (i.e. language barrier), we would have open-fired on the ship....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The one problem I had with the film is that with communication established between the Prawns and Man, it would seem that there would be a lot more dealing, versus dictating by man...

The Prawns seemed faced with a problem...would take many years in secret to make a material needed by their technology to leave..... or, they could try and deal with the humans and get the material made sooner, and leave sooner.

Not sure why an intelligent creature would opt for the first option....

I think I might have at least on good reason why they would not be trying (anymore) to deal with the humans.

I would have loved to see footage of the Prawns' arrival, and the governments' reactions....my guess is that as soon as they couldn't establish communication (i.e. language barrier), we would have open-fired on the ship....

...and there you go.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
These "things" were rough around the edges and ate out of dumps and had the strength of 20 humans each. That being said, I think we would have to first create imunizations to lessen their strength or to equalize it because if we didn't....it would be only a short period before they realized their true advantage over us and re-established their order, and putting the shoe on the other foot thus making US their slaves. Despite the inclinations of human emotions they may have been traced with, they were overall barbarians with tremendous strength and brutal desires. After injecting them with strength reducing and mood alleviating drugs, we would then institutionalize them into special schools to "refine" them and teach them how to be more civilized. We would then use their intelligence (in trade for their survival and teachings) of technology to secretly create impressive futuristic weaponry and station these weapons strategically all over the earth, aimed at the sky. We would also have new technologically advanced weapons hovering just beyond our atmosphere aimed outwards from earth. The reason?...in a moment. We would tell these beings that we wanted to contact their planet and needed their assistance in creating new technological feats of communications to achieve it. What have we accomplished here? We have created newer tech weaponry the likes of which we never knew for protection (and other) inside and outside of our atmosphere. We also now would have the greatest communications we have ever had and could reach many other civilizations. The caveat, we call in their world to come and pick up their brothers.....When they come, we blast them out of the skies en masse with our new weaponry and collect the machines for reverse engineer studies. We enslave their survivors, immunize them with the strength reducing and mood alleviating drugs, we make THEM do all of our work for us while we get paid for it. We further torcher them for the best technology they have and make new serums out of their blood and pureed bones and skin. We have WWE type matches where humans can gamble and the loser gets killed and ultimately turned into a useful serum for humans and animals. We would make their own brothers puree and skin them alive (for freshness)....this will also humble them and instill a fear of man that wold make it hard for them to revolt because of the psychological demoralization of the work. All of this would happen in underground bases and labratories out of sight of humans, so as to NOT psychologically demoralize humankind. We would also force the members of our new slave race to keep calling their kind (under the guise of their newfound friendships and trading partners....humans) and fill the moons surface with workers and prisons to hold these aliens as we breed them for more slave labor. We would then be able to branch out further than ever into space with all of the new technology and slave labour. We would tell them that this is the way we humans live and work as well, this way they would feel like a part of the human race and consider that this is just how things are done here on earth and the moon.All of this would also give the illuminati something to do and they will leave us humans alone as they will have someone worthy of being controlled. We could in no way possible be friends with cockroach looking supermen. They would have to be dismantled! Through hard work and obedience they will become better beings.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This film shows aliens to be evil which is just great, more people would hate the fact of E.T. visiting earth.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by jonnyc55]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

If the producers are looking for a sequel to portray the evils of mankind and the evils they are capable of, your hypothesis would make a good script. But I am sure the movie will sink, because it is too horific to see ourselves as such.

Not that what you wrote is beyond human capability, but a fact which happened in the course of our barbaric human history. Rome, one of the greatest empire to rule Earth, was one such evil.

From a humble village, it rose from regicide to form a republic, stealing ideas and philosophies of civilisation ways from the greeks, made them slaves and conquered other peoples in Europe, forming colonies and using slave labour to live a life of Roman ease, - snobbish, domineering and hated by all living beings not roman.

Lenin and stalin are another set of typical monsters that had been capable of such atrocities in the Baltics as you had described So too was another monster known as Hitler that made Poles, Czechs and Jews slaves after stealing their wealth and intelligence.

Does such monster still exists in our day and age. Judging from your post, it seem you would be one if power is in your hands.

Nevertheless, it would be a great script, but I am sure the audience would vomit halfway at the horror we are capable of, which would make a good reminder to everyone of us of what we SHOULD NOT do to our own species as well as any other species should we have the priviledge and honor to meet in peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i didn't like the movie that much but it had an impact on me. I wouldn't rate it high as a movie, it's more like a reality show...
Don't want to waste time with my view. I have a couple ideas about the sequel. A sequel is definately needed, the movie will grow a lot with it. A prequel wouldn't do much good, it wouldn't be interesting in my opinion, plus all the things we need to know from what happened "20 years ago" can be summed up in the sequel.
It's obvious that Wikus will be the main character, he has grown a lot through the first movie - mentally and physicaly. After three years in the camp he will become the leader of prawns. Prawns make him a leader, they worship him because he is smarter, he knows things ..he was in contact with their pilot. He knows when he will return. He teaches them and organises them etc.. In fact he is the first leader they had (they don't know the definition of leader). The whole movie could be made around that and at the end, his alien friend returns (he keeps his promise) and cures him.. but wait, wikus don't want to be cured..because he met this sexy little naughty prawn teen. So.. that alien guy gets together with Wikus' wife and she accepts to get turned into a prawn herself(but keeps her blond hair), but then Wikus gets jealous cos she is now the smartest prawn...even smarter than he is, so fooking ey, he organises his clan to make war on their motherland.... baaah.. i can't stay focused, forget about this.
Anyway Wikus becomes the leader of prawns in the sequel. You make up the rest

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The 2nd movie can try to explain why the "prawns" came to earth in the first place. It would be great to sort of "hint" that their planet was being invaded by another species and they were forced to leave. And the invaders are actually much more advanced and look more human, in fact they might be mankind's ancestors. The important thing is that the movie "slightly" touch on this topic to make it more mysterious and not get "way the eff out there" (to avoid ruining the originality of the movie).

[edit on 29-12-2009 by vinunleaded]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Phenomium

If the producers are looking for a sequel to portray the evils of mankind and the evils they are capable of, your hypothesis would make a good script. But I am sure the movie will sink, because it is too horific to see ourselves as such.

Not that what you wrote is beyond human capability, but a fact which happened in the course of our barbaric human history. Rome, one of the greatest empire to rule Earth, was one such evil.

From a humble village, it rose from regicide to form a republic, stealing ideas and philosophies of civilisation ways from the greeks, made them slaves and conquered other peoples in Europe, forming colonies and using slave labour to live a life of Roman ease, - snobbish, domineering and hated by all living beings not roman.

Lenin and stalin are another set of typical monsters that had been capable of such atrocities in the Baltics as you had described So too was another monster known as Hitler that made Poles, Czechs and Jews slaves after stealing their wealth and intelligence.

Does such monster still exists in our day and age. Judging from your post, it seem you would be one if power is in your hands.

Nevertheless, it would be a great script, but I am sure the audience would vomit halfway at the horror we are capable of, which would make a good reminder to everyone of us of what we SHOULD NOT do to our own species as well as any other species should we have the priviledge and honor to meet in peace.

Script? Sequel? ........ [:>/ .....Oh yeah, a script of a sequel...precisely what I was getting at. Hitler and Stalin huh? Ok, Ok, we will let them have a weekly holiday called 'Ice Cream Sundays'. Now humans can watch it without throwing up......everyone loves ice cream right?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I live in South Africa and this kind of film makes me sad to know that this country if full of this prejudice attitude ... irrespective of the race & colour

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well.... was a really intense movie i'll give it that !

Was kinda tripped out by the fact that all the previews had some kind of subject similarities to whats been on ATS recently with 2012, The Moon and the Taking of Pelham 123 that I read somewhere had possible NWO related subjects associated with it.....

During the movie I also noticed a lot of Cult symbology including pentagrams, devil heads, various numerology and little references to subject topics that are frequently talked about on ATS.

Be really interesting to see how TPTB, if they ever do, disclose information about alien life with all this softening up going on.....

I guess we can only sit back and wait.....

Great movie.....

*also on a side note, this movie does not need to have a sequel made about it..... it would do nothing but ruin it

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Disclosure Agent]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Just saw the film.. seems to me that the prawns had no idea how to utilize their technology which says one thing to me, that they were not prawns to begin with. Obviously there were some but it appeared as though there was only one left that had the knowledge to understand the technology and his son to a degree had learned as well. Maybe they had no fuel because they used it as a last resort to defend themselves against an attack. Either way the hardships that followed for the next 20 years was a direct result of them allowing it to happen to themselves, the same way we do.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have to say that District 9 is one of my all time favorite movies. Though I would love to see a sequel to this movie, it left me with doubt that there would be one after the ending. There is nothing to change about the movie. One of the most interesting things I've seen in District 9 was when the main character picked up an alien weapon to blast away the crude thugs. If you can remember the particular gun he used, than you'd know that the end of the barrel was flaming with heat, plasma, energy or whatever. But as you noticed when he shot the gangsters, none of the above discharged from the barrel. It appeared to be sonic airwaves blasting out of the gun. Why would you mix the characteristics of a firey barrel that shoots out such a thing in the gun. It really puzzled me and had my thinking how can both elements work together to perform what was done in the movie. For the sequel, I would like to see a lot of drama/suspense without revealing to much of the aliens' culture or ways of life. Movies tend to get a little corny after that. Viewers love how the aliens are so foreign and mysterious.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Blomkamp has proposed making a prequel to "District 9"

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
reply to post by Dargar

I disagree, if a buncha creatures that looked like prawns suddenly showed up clicking and eating catfood like savages we would treat them like the bottom feeders that they are.

D9 was a great take on an alien movie, and probably pretty realistic. Actually it was more of a social commentary then an alien movie. This is probably how it would play out. We would want as much control over these things as possible and for good reason too.

I mean, what do you do with millions of aliens that just show up? They'd have to go into a refugee camp.

True words, but this was just a movie that thinly veiled the story about apartheid.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Please be sure you get your views included soon because we will be moving these threads to the BTS Movies section once the sponsorship period ends.

I guess it wont be moving to BTS then. Either that or the sponsorship period ends when you feel like it?

Did I get my 2 lines in? Wouldn't want to be moderated for not having 2 lines.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
that movie was cool

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
everybody should see this movie

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join