It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Previously undiscovered ancient city found on Caribbean sea floor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

WASHINGTON, DC (Herald de Paris) - EXCLUSIVE - Researchers have revealed the first images from the Caribbean sea floor of what they believe are the archaeological remains of an ancient civilization. Guarding the location’s coordinates carefully, the project’s leader, who wishes to remain anonymous at this time, says the city could be thousands of years old; possibly even pre-dating the ancient Egyptian pyramids, at Giza.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8d845f9f94e.jpg[/atsimg]

The site was found using advanced satellite imagery, and is not in any way associated with the alleged site found by Russian explorers near Cuba in 2001, at a depth of 2300 feet. “To be seen on satellite, our site is much shallower.” The team is currently seeking funding to mount an expedition to confirm and explore what appears to be a vast underwater city. “You have to be careful working with satellite images in such a location,” the project’s principle researcher said, “The digital matrix sometimes misinterprets its data, and shows ruins as solid masses. The thing is, we’ve found structure - what appears to be a tall, narrow pyramid; large platform structures with small buildings on them; we’ve even found standing parallel post and beam construction in the rubble of what appears to be a fallen building. You can’t have post and beam without human involvement.”

LINKwww.heralddeparis.com...
And some more pictures in this link here is a description of the pictures in the second link.

The first image shows a rounded structure with spider-like buttressing
The second image shows structural foundation/wall ruins, a clear room layout, and right angles
The third image reveals the tall temple-like structure, the adjacent structures above an engineered platform, and what appears as statuary, below
The fourth image - look carefully at the center - reveals a ruined structure, but what remains standing are two parallel post-and-beam elements. Architectural historians insist that post-and-beam construction if proof of human hand
The fifth image shows what appears to be a temple-like structure facing another engineered platform, which also has structure above
The Sixth image shows what appear as white vertical (standing) columns - beyond them two more vertical elements that look eerily like human statuary
The last two images are different perspectives on the the temple and the statuary shots, respectively

Now that sounds very intresting can not wait to get some more on this.
LINK 2www.heralddeparis.com...
Did not see this anywhere could this be true or is this just image artifact's im no expert on this but it looks like a city in the pics hope this will not turn out to be image artifacts.
Edit to add more.

THANKYOU

[edit on 063131p://2009-12-15T18:33:23-06:001512 by mars1]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This just amazing ,Atlantis?
with technology like this we can probably fine more places like this. I wonder what civilization this place one belonged to?
Interesting find.

Hope its real

[edit on 15-12-2009 by somthing]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by somthing

That is a good question it looks like the layout of a modern city from that picture there is more pictures in the links.
Like i said in my first post i hope it will not turn out to be image artifacts.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if this is connected to Florida's Underwater Pyramids?
there was supposed be a film crew dive on that site earlier this year, haven't heard what or if the found anything

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
With all the stuff going on in the world right now and all the things we are learning, it wouldn't surprise me if this was the famed Atlantis.

How cool would that be to see history changed right before our eyes?

peas

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I call shenanigans. You can see the hand tool from Google earth in the bottom of one of the "images".

I'd love to hear more about the one that was found in 2001, but everyone related to it seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. This one, on the other hand, smells of bunk.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That looks like an awful quality picture. Maybe I'm just not seeing a city there. Kinda looks like a computer chip or something.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

You could be right but i hope you are wrong but it looks like a city but then again some rocks on the Moon and Mars look like things so it could be just pixelation of the image.

THANKYOU

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Nah, not buying this. I`m sure the patterns on the pics that are supposed to be the buildings are some kind of photographic anomaly, if you look at Mars on Google Earth 5 you see the excact same type of thing.

Wishful thinking but no, I don`t believe it is what it is purported to be.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I also call bunk. It looks like either a bad photoshop job or a load of image compression artifacts. The story was written to go with the lousy picture. Take it to the Weekly World News!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If you go and google online sea levels during the ice age, it will show that the sea levels where at least 135 meters lower 10,000 years ago if not longer. so much of the Bahamas and the Bimini road that is supposed to be part of a structure would have been high and dry. I will post a link to an interactive map of the world and other parts of the world continents where you can change the sea level to see how much land is increased due to the amount of water in meters that is taken away or even added if you want, you will be surprised.

merkel.zoneo.net...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Im not buying it and like probably 90% of people who see the images automatically think of compression artifact.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
I call shenanigans. You can see the hand tool from Google earth in the bottom of one of the "images".

I'd love to hear more about the one that was found in 2001, but everyone related to it seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. This one, on the other hand, smells of bunk.

I agree... " coordinates are being undisclosed"... whatever... Code word for "crap"

"We certainly wouldn't want anyone to check out what we are claiming... they might look it up on google earth or worse yet, actually go there and look."

What a bunch of hooey...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I honestly can not see any structures. They look exactly like compression artifacts . If they are structures then those are the most two dimensional structures i have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

great find!

S&F Mars!

I want to know when they will be diving to check this out!

IF its legit!

[edit on 12/15/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I give you credit for a find but IMHO the layout is too modern to be an ancient city. There even appears to be grass lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
That site given above has about five images posted. Every single one of them looks like an aerial image of a city. I surmise that is a bogus story. The article itself lacks credibility. The site is secret, of course, but there is no factual info in the article.

And in the pictures where there is some stuff in the way of some of the city streets? I would call that stuff "clouds."

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Why is it so hard for many people to accept even the possibility of an ancient underwater city? Because it lies outside of the currently accepted norms for human growth, history, and potential.

You can't be a real debunker if all you have to go off of is compression artifacts and a gut feeling. Literally you have to go there and prove that the satellite is wrong, and the image is simply garbage.

If there is a global conspiracy to cover up anything not 'normal', then someone at a governmental position most likely came up with the compression artifacts as a means to set a precedent to any other images produced with similar technology.

Another ancient city has been discovered, is it more real because it is not underwater or you have better pictures?

It is a Chinese Lantern, and it is going to fan the fire that is going to burn down the entire forest of ignorance, and far too many people are going to be caught in the blast, all the while denying the evidence that is literally strangling our society and our capacity to live however we damn well please.

Most of you will not believe until someone with enough supposed credentials tells you what it is and then it will simply be that. Whatever that is.

A flooded city is nothing to debunk. If they call it a magic space port for Medusa's private space ship and you give some scorn, oh well.

I am not saying the image is conclusive, but scientists laugh intelligent people with good ideas out the door, until 50 or so years later when the poor now dead person is now venerated for the very same idea they were outcast for. Plate tectonic theory was one such example. They were more concerned for the guy's accent, than the hard life's work he poured into it.

This is exactly the same idea. Most of you will not entertain even the possibility of sea water flooding an ancient area where people lived, that we just now may have discovered.

For you who are doubtful, you have so little to be doubtful for. If nothing ever shows, then whatever. However, at least a greater amount of people can just wait before making judgments.

Then you don't look foolish if something concrete does show. This is just a mere microcosm of the greater realities and you just better think good, long and hard, because soon all this is going to hit the fan, and you can't deny it any longer.

You have been warned.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If those are supposed to be roads and building blocks, then the scale of this city is close to the size of New York City. So given that NY has a population of around 20 million, then this picture has to be absolute CRAP! There were not even close to that many people in the entire world pre-ancient Egypt.

So that facts do not support this image – I say HOAX!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This has to be bunk.
No offense or anything, but I don't buy this for a second.

That "Atlantis" looks like LA.

I know people want to believe that ancient people achieved that level of sophistication, but I would bet cold hard cash that if Atlantis is ever actually found, it won't be near as sophisticated as people think it was.

I mean sure, they may have some impressive buildings, but you won't see a gridwork of roads like you do in those photos.

Those photos make it appear as if it is every bit of a modern metropolis... just under water.

On the other hand, we do see this kind of crap often with Google Earth.

I'm betting that is what has happened here.
Compression artifacts.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by JayinAR]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join