It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Previously undiscovered ancient city found on Caribbean sea floor

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

It's not hard for me to accept the possibilities of a civilization that was flooded at the end of the last ice age. In fact, I wholeheartedly support that theory.

It IS hard for me to accept that the images in the article are anything other than compression artifacts on Google earth, as they are in no way representative of what an ancient city that has been sunken for several thousand years would look like. Additionally, as I pointed out, the hand tool from Google Earth is located in the bottom of one of the pictures. As the article has no supporting details, is exceedingly vague on the points that actually matter, and makes the standard claim of "OMG we found PYRAMIDS!", it is quite obviously a hoax/fake.

Again, it has nothing to do with my belief in the concept, it has to do with the fact that this is an obvious hoax. The 2001 Cuba discoveries were intensely interesting, but everyone connected to them is impossible to locate. I've tried.

In short, pick what discoveries you want to defend a little better, and don't confuse belief in the concept with calling out obvious chicanery in the future.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Im not saying that this was a city of 20 millions or even a city at all but you show a lack of objective critisism by crting HOAX without any counter-argument.

History is limited to what we found out so far and so it gets re-written every year. In 200 years we might find out that a good portion of our history we know now is actually untrue because of new findings.

So stay open to possible change in the history you know. This might be one of mankind greatest discovery or just another hoax created by a man in need of attention......or money.

Personnaly, Im not sure what to think about this story.
1- if there's someone from Paris, Id like to know the credibility of this Herald De Paris newspaper. Is it just a tabloid or a respected news source?

2- before even thinking about conclusions, we need to know the scaling of those pictures.

3- I'd like to know more about the technology used to map this site.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I gotta agree with D.E.M. here, this is a fake. You can see (as he stated) a google earth hand in the bottom of one of the pictures. It's very easy in google earth to take a picture or city and drag it around and move it.

If you want a real underwater pyramid type of thing, go ahead and research Yonaguni...However this is nothing like that.

Kinda disapointed, things like this really interest me...feel kinda let down here.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
im bot buying this at all

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am not sure what this could be really.

If they can see it, someone would have found it on google earth right?

This should have been found long ago.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Sure looks like the outskirts of most cities under cover of hazy clouds. I'm thinking either we need coordinates or a week or so scouring google earth to find it.
Calling this one a hoax.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

My boy, I'm a very old UFO abductee. I believe in sunken cities, I believe that there is life (or has been) on Mars. I believe that multiple ships of different stars have come here since long before we were here.

Most of all, I believe in a discerning eye and common sense. As I said, this sunken city is bogus and you wasted a lot of emotional words that helped not at all to settle this case one way or the other. I offered a couple of good points in my posting and I didn't get emotioinally involved, try it sometime.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Aliensun]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hate to burst everyone's bubble but it definitely looks to be a hoax. Besides the aforementioned 'google earth hand', you can find EXACTLY the same thing all over Google Earth. A prime example is the coastline around Istanbul, Turkey. I've also found some near Cairo, Egypt and off the coast of South Africa(although I'm sure there's plenty more).

Besides, the 'researchers' asked for donations in that article. Any self-respecting and properly DEGREED professional would be going the official route to get funding(i.e. government grants, backing from universities, etc.).

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Mad Simian]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Nice discovery, starred and flagged.

BTW, this is in the caribean, although it is not in the exact same place as the ruins/city found off the coast of Cuba at over 2,000 feet underwater they could be from the same culture.

This shows, alongside the hundreds of other underwater cities that have been discovered around the world that "Climate Change" and geological disasters have destroyed entire civilizations before, and there were no humans using SUVs back then.

Anyway, this is an amazing discovery, keep us informed.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver
If those are supposed to be roads and building blocks, then the scale of this city is close to the size of New York City. So given that NY has a population of around 20 million, then this picture has to be absolute CRAP! There were not even close to that many people in the entire world pre-ancient Egypt.

So that facts do not support this image – I say HOAX!

That's not an argument. Toronto is bigger then NY city in size but has a population of less then 3 millions.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
God i hate to seem like an ass.

but.

I REAAALLY WANT TO BELIEVE THIS.

I hope its not photoshopped. Just looks way to good.

Please, dont take this as a slam.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Looks like a hoax.
The city of Atlantis has multiple rings with a pyramid in the center.
I heard it's 400 feet under water north of Grand Cayman Island.

Treasure hunters stumbled across it with side scanning sonar.
No Spanish gold BUT they found the capitol city of Atlantis.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yikes...total Photoshopped hatchet job on an otherwise pretty ocean view....nice gettyimages grab.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Story updated:
www.heralddeparis.com...

The project team asks that for more information, or to find out how to help fund their research, please contact the Herald de Paris’ publisher, Jes Alexander, at a specially set-up telephone number: 415-738-7811.

Somebody call it and get more info

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

The image from the first link looks promising. The images on the second link don't mean much. They have been enlarged so much they could be anything.

This worries me -

The team is currently seeking funding to mount an expedition to confirm and explore what appears to be a vast underwater city...

...The project team asks that for more information, or to find out how to help fund their research, please contact the Herald de Paris’ publisher, Jes Alexander, at a specially set-up telephone number: 415-738-7811.

No information on the team. No credentials. Sounds a little fishy. Who would even call without knowing who these people are?

Particullarly in light of the images at the second link. Those were not enhanced by anyone I would trust. Looks like a kid who just got Photoshop for Christmas did the work.

Satellite imaging can do far higher resolution than that in the first place. Why would somebody who knows what they are doing use such low resolution photo's when far better ones are available? Just seems odd to me.

Guarding the location’s coordinates carefully, the project’s leader, who wishes to remain anonymous at this time, says the city could be thousands of years old;

Could the source be duped by some phony researchers? What kind of news source would even publish asking for money for an anonymous source? A fake one I'm afraid.

Anybody know if this publication is for real?

I'm sorry, but I'm calling hoax here and perhaps a confidence game. No real researcher would do this and certainly would not use Google quality images and they would know how to use image manipulation software.

I can figure out what year the google earth image of my house is from the vehicle in the driveway. Those available to a qualified researcher could resolve a childs bicycle clearly. You should see the ones the Planners offices use.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

There are no ads on those pages. This is a hoax. They probably cut and pasted from other news sources for content to cover up the scam.

Go ahead. Call that number and send them a check. They will probably insist on a credit card.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

You call it. It was your idea.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i have said it before and will again. The forerunners are not just a Halo archetypal joke, we were not the first ones here.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by mars1

Looks like a hoax.
The city of Atlantis has multiple rings with a pyramid in the center.
I heard it's 400 feet under water north of Grand Cayman Island.

Treasure hunters stumbled across it with side scanning sonar.
No Spanish gold BUT they found the capitol city of Atlantis.

Link to the published material?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

We are smart enough to spot an obvious hoax though. I wish I knew how to find out the source of that site. Anybody else know how? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join