It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by seethelight
This would quite literally change almost everything we think we know about physics.... so if some graphic designers here in Dubs have re-written huge chunks of science then that's great...

chances of that happening?

0%

the conversion of the magnetic force to energy doesn't break any laws of physics. it's really easy actually. if you pick up a pin with a magnet, you've generated kinetic energy from the magnetic field.

the difficult thing is to tune the magnetic fields so that the amount of energy generated by the interaction of the magnetic fields is more than the amount of energy required to overcome the attraction.

It's not difficult, it's impossible.

Steorn will again be shown as frauds and so will the "thousands" who, like thousands before them, try and rewrite physics.

There's a lot of reasons to be extremely sceptical (enough for me top put my own money on the line even), but very little reason to be optimistic...

I have hope that someone will fundamentally change our understanding of science and nature, but I do not have faith.. and I certainly DO NOT BELIEVE that these jokers have done it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I have hope that someone will fundamentally change our understanding of science and nature,

Me too I made a promise to a little boy that his college fund will be that much bigger.. lmao

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier

I have hope that someone will fundamentally change our understanding of science and nature,

Me too I made a promise to a little boy that his college fund will be that much bigger.. lmao

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

If Steorn makes free energy that $100 will be able to put him through college... well, maybe not in the US, but here in Europe, no probs.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Haha wow pwnd....

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's not difficult, it's impossible.

impossible?

show me the math, just saying something is impossible is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier

Who are you to say that this one dosn't work?

A guy that happens to believe that Isaac Newton knew a thing of two. And a guy that has seen Steorn and many other dupe believers repeatedly.

I just had to point out that Einstein already proved Newton's Laws of motion to be incorrect, so who's to say there isn't a flaw in his Law of Thermal Dynamics?

As for this machine, I'll keep an open mind, but I won't hold my breath.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by nik1halo]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't know , I see 2 live feed streams running that show a device of some sort that is working . Granted I do not know what the device is doing but it does work (as in it is operational) , also I see people walking around the device once in a while so I assume this is open to public. So what are they showing to the people and how are they doing it if the device is supposed not to work at all?

Using the oh so fun quote that is popular around here the Razor , the device is intended to generate power , it does run , it is open to public eye , this all leads me to believe the device is working as intended . Until I see counter arguments I have an open mind to the possibility that it does work.

And by counter argument I do not mean "your" opinion on why it does not work , I mean data that shows them feeding power somehow or some other counter argument that will lead me to believe it is a hoax. I do not care how smart "you" think you are , "your" opinion has as much credibility as any others that claim they have been on Venus or have babies with a blue alien from alpha centauri .

Disclaimer - Word "You" is used as a generalization .

It would be great if somebody from Dublin could take a walk and see that thing in person and maybe do some question asking and inspecting

[edit on 15-12-2009 by Thill]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Lmfao while rotfl!!! Watch there Advertisement!! I have all the faith in the world in these people I hope there thing works. HOWEVER, "Get real,Get Orbo"?? lmfao they need new advertisment people if they want this to go viral.

Nm I take that back somtimes companies use the worst possible advertisment and it hits millions!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

you think that they'll need to advertise if they've come up with a free energy source?

[edit on 15/12/09 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Excellent point. Their advertisment could be a red headed 8 year old pissing on a watermellon while playing solitare and they would sell billions.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Local Irish Newspapers that have picked up on it thus far...

www.independent.ie...

www.nowpublic.com...

www.apimages.com... 0&cfasstyle=AND&

pesn.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What they really need to do is get a few of those Global Warming scientists backing.

Those guys believe anything!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Am I holding my breath?
No

Am I intrigued? Yes

Also...don't don't don't start calling global warming a fraud. The oil companies, coal companies, and all their little friends who block hydrogen, electric, wind, solar, tidal, and geothermal energy will love you.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Question: If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, then what are the implications of producing more energy than you use to produce it? It sounds like an excellent idea but what are the implications of using this technology (if it even works like they say it does)?

Any theorists care to take a stab?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Question: If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, then what are the implications of producing more energy than you use to produce it?

it's a head scratcher.

as far as i can see, they're not creating energy, they're converting magnetic force, which is really strong, into kinetic energy. it's not free, it's just really, really cheap.

i believe it's something akin to using the gravity of a planet to sling shot a space craft.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
The battery doesn't concern me. Your alternator requires a small amount of power from the battery to energize its field but still (with the torque provided by the motor) re-charges the battery that energizes it.

It should concern you. With a car, once it is running you can disconnect the battery and it will continue to run. If this device is producing more energy than it uses, then what is the battery for?

This device appears to get its torque from the magnetic interactions.

actually it gets its power from the battery!

perpetual motion machines like this do not work, and remember the scientists that tested it said just that as well!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Zero credibility, they boast about how nobody has been able to verify anything they have said. Why anybody is taking these guys seriously I have no idea.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Question: If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, then what are the implications of producing more energy than you use to produce it? It sounds like an excellent idea but what are the implications of using this technology (if it even works like they say it does)?

Any theorists care to take a stab?

I'm not the theorist you want, but I do see it like this.

All natural laws are manmade, we need them for us to think we can understand the existance and processes in this universe. I'm not convinced that we totally grasp the idea of energy. So maybe the device is possible even without "creating" energy and are just our maths wrong. I explain it like this. The machine is not genius it is just effecient. and all our "efficient" tools from now are just dumb energy consuming primtive variations of fire and wheels. But that would put our society down. So hey for your sake, they are great!

All great mindsknew and told us that 100% sure does not exists, The only thing that is in our way are the limits of our imagination.

If anyone wants to try something, that by most is impossible, and it probably is so in most cases, I let them do it. Why not? what have I got to do with it? If we didnt try anything we wouldnt get anywhere so we could at least try it. Why should we explore the universe, we have no proof somebody allready did, so until we do it it is impossible

Originally posted by jtma508

I share a degree of your skepticism. But remember, man tried for quite awhile to build a device that could fly without success. It was 'common scientific knowledge' that it was impossible. Until it wasn't.

And a star for you.

What I think is the most beautiful of scientific knowledge, is that it changes with new findings, new explorations en "accidents".

A dumbass can inspire a genius, and so there is a place for all.
I just like to see people try to innovate and try to make this life of ours a little better end more in balance then it is right now. doesnt really matter how farfetched or dumbass the idea is, A good laugh is one of the best ways to make you feel good.

So people just enjoy your own exploration, do something yourselves, fall hard and learn with your head right up.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Looks like a monopole pulse motor ala John Bedini.

Link

It uses back EMF from the coils collapsing magnetic field to charge a battery. This has been around for a LONG time and is typically a novelty.

The motor is not a self starter, meaning you have to spin it by hand to start it running. No one has ever been able to get any useful work from it aside from lighting a few low power LEDs.

Interesting anomaly but unless they scale it up and perform some useful work with it, it will remain a novelty.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
It should concern you. With a car, once it is running you can disconnect the battery and it will continue to run. If this device is producing more energy than it uses, then what is the battery for?

Unless your car had a generator or magneto (as used in airplane engines) as opposed to an alternator it would not continue to run if the battery was disconnected. An alternator uses a small amount of current to energize the field. Some are 'self-exciting but usually only at high RPM.

I have clearly logged my skepticism of the Steorn device. However, the inclusion of a battery in and of itself does not prove jack. We need to see power draw from the battery (voltage x current) and power produced by the recharge circuit. Only having those two measurements can you say whether or not the device is running on the battery.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join