It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn Announces Public Demonstration of Orbo Technology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
So you ALL know: Steorn is a laghingstock in Ireland.

They have repeatedly made far-fetched claims, for years, and have as yet in anyway proved a single claim.

Steorn wasn't started by scientists, btw., but by designers...

rationalwiki.com...

Steorn are an Irish private limited company who in 2006 announced to great fanfare with a very expensive full page advert in the Economist newspaper that they had developed an over unity device capable of generating unlimited free energy. Some vague details were released about the device they were later to dub "Orbo" which, like many such crank devices before it, was alleged to work using a system of magnets and rotors. The advertisement claimed that they were seeking a panel of experts to evaluate their claims.

A flurry of media speculation followed. Many noted that the Steorn company had previously been a design consultancy and that this may have been a highly successful exercise in guerilla marketing for something entirely other and different. However, as time wore on and Steorn broke promises about releasing information and cancelled demos, speculation grew that the company was attempting to run some kind of investment scam.

However, in June 2009, the panel of experts that Steorn were alleged to have recruited turned out to actually exist. They delivered their verdict, that the Steorn "Orbo" technology did not in fact produce energy and the claims of the company were unjustified. [1] The conclusion that must be drawn from this is that Steorn themselves must honestly believe their own claims, and that this an impressive example of self-delusion. Steorn issued a press release in the wake of the evaluation panel's report, essentially stating that "well, it works now!" [2] Keep reaching for that rainbow, guys.

--

In addition, the names of the 300 people are not listed anywhere that I have seen... it's stated on Wiki, but if you check the reference it doesn't mention 300 people.

Me thinks Steorn is also writing their own Wiki page.

As for perpetual motion or claims of excess energy... there has NEVER EVER EVER been a verified case... which is strange because if a company did actually create something it would probably be the richest company on the planet in weeks and could hire all the protection they need... just like those pesky Saudis.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

How do you know it can't?? have you tested it? Have you even seen it in person? Probly not. SOOO Until you can prove it dosn't work. IT DOES Thank you come again.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier
Occationaly he will put a gauge on it that shows the power its putting out.

why not leave the gauge on it permanently? What is the gauge actually measuring?

What about the battery it is running from?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

reply to post by dereks

Im not going to type it out so you can debunk it... GO TO www.Steorn.com Watch the first video. Then look at the base of the screen and click on the live feed. Occationaly he will put a gauge on it that shows the power its putting out.

This is a complete horse# post... you wanna hide something so that others can't debunk it.

Isn't their a xtian forum you can hang out on... I mean if all you wanna do if just believe nonsense there the folks for you.

If you wanna have a discussion about steorn though, sack up and post the link in question...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
S&F

Steorn let me down once!
but politicians let me down one lifetime!

So I watch carefully next 6 weeks and hope for the change!

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
steorn have made this claim in the past, there is good reason to be skeptical (besides the free energy element) but they do keep coming back, they must believe there is something in it.

i'm glad they're still hammering away at it and i hope they get it to work.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

How can you criticize me because I want your proof that it dosn't work? I can go online all day and say that the sky isnt blue or that trees don't produce Oxg. but if I don't have anything to support my claims then NO ONE WILL TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!

All I want is the truth. And right now Orbo is a working prototype, that is producing power! Show me it dosn't. Make some graphs and # that prove that it isnt working! If you can provide me evidence that shows its not working then I will rejudge my sides.

Don't fault me for wanting evidence isn't this what this site is about? Uncovering the truth? Isn't this site about getting facts? Well the facts are right now that they have a WORKING example ON DISPLAY RIGHT NOW and they are asking people to come prove them wrong!

Well go. Prove them wrong. Until then, it works.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

How can you criticize me because I want your proof that it dosn't work? I can go online all day and say that the sky isnt blue or that trees don't produce Oxg. but if I don't have anything to support my claims then NO ONE WILL TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!

All I want is the truth. And right now Orbo is a working prototype, that is producing power! Show me it dosn't. Make some graphs and # that prove that it isnt working! If you can provide me evidence that shows its not working then I will rejudge my sides.

Don't fault me for wanting evidence isn't this what this site is about? Uncovering the truth? Isn't this site about getting facts? Well the facts are right now that they have a WORKING example ON DISPLAY RIGHT NOW and they are asking people to come prove them wrong!

Well go. Prove them wrong. Until then, it works.

You're post wasn't about wanting facts... here's what you said:

"Prove them wrong. Until then, it works"

Believing something unbelievable, that has already been disproven (in the case of steorn and hundreds others) isn't wanting facts, it's choosing to believe nonsense.

And simply claiming that since I can't prove it it MUST be true:

"it works"

is not only childish, but flies in the face of the scientific method...

But of course so do ALL free energy claims.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Its a different machine than the one that was proven wrong. Who are you to say that this one dosn't work? Do you have anything other than that to prove this one dosn't work? Any evidence at all? Im not saying your wrong. Maybe it dosn't work. Maybe this is a HUGE pyramid skeem (which it kinda does look like). BUT until I see somthing that proves this dosn't work my opinion is just as much valid as yours.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
[edit on 15-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have a very open mind. I have never believed that science knows or understands everything and have seen numerous scientific 'laws' and 'well established conventional thinking' fall by the wayside in my 58yrs.

The Stoern device has to fall into one of these categories:

1. They are self-deluded and honestly believe it works.

2. They are a conscious fraud

3. It somehow works

They did try to exhibit it before and it wouldn't operate. Here they are again after re-engineering it. Let's let it play-out and see what happens.

The battery doesn't concern me. Your alternator requires a small amount of power from the battery to energize its field but still (with the torque provided by the motor) re-charges the battery that energizes it. This device appears to get its torque from the magnetic interactions.

However, that's one problem. 'Permanent' magnets are not. They lose their fields over time. So that loss factors into the output somehow. At some point the magnets will need to be replaced. During that period, exactly how much more power will the device have produced compared to the power/energy required to produce the magnets?

In the video it is mentioned that the device produces heat and it seems like the Stoern people factor that heat into the equation. That's only relevant, IMO, if there is a practical way to capture/harness that heat. What are the energy costs associated with whatever system is required to capture that heat?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Its a different machine than the one that was proven wrong.

If you believe them...

Who are you to say that this one dosn't work?

A guy that happens to believe that Isaac Newton knew a thing of two. And a guy that has seen Steorn and many other dupe believers repeatedly.

Do you have anything other than that to prove this one dosn't work? Any evidence at all?

Just the history of the entire free-energy movement, scientific consensus, previous lies by steorn, their own panels findings and hundreds of years of scientific research which shows their claims are impossible.

Im not saying your wrong. Maybe it dosn't work.

Which directly contradicts your last post

Maybe this is a HUGE pyramid skeem (which it kinda does look like). BUT until I see somthing that proves this dosn't work my opinion is just as much valid as yours.

Even when you see this fail you'll still believe... it's in your personality.

Here's the deal though, if it does work, that is, if steorn EVER makes a free energy machine, I will send you $100.

No #.

That's how certain I am that thousands of scientists over hundreds of years are not wrong about claims such as these.

Just PM me with the proof and the money is your.

Actual cash money.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well , I dont like the possibility that this system is a fraud, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
Seems to me that this technology would be an absolute gift from heaven if it could be made to work. I find the live streaming video to be useless from an examination stand point. It would be more effective to demonstrate the technology being used in an applied format. For instance, running a vehicle, a television, a computer, or a freezer cabinet. Something like that.
If all they are going to show us at this point , is a motor spinning around, well I cant say thats going to inspire anyone. However if they can utilise that motor to produce an effect of some sort, and still have an energy gain at the end of it, then I must say that the potential of the device is STAGGERING!
Heres hoping.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That sounds like a plan. If your right I will applaud your ablity to debunk things with no hard evidence. If im right I will happly send you paypal information. That $100 will go nicely into my newborns school fund.

Just consider this, maybe the reason we havent discovered free energy yet is due to the fact we are following laws that dont exist. You truely believe that we know everything about physics? I am willing to bet we don't. Matter of fact im willing to bet that within the next decade we will overcome some of these laws. Just like when EVERYONE KNEW the world was flat. Oh ya and everyone KNEW that the sun revolved around the earth. I wonder what great thing that EVERYONE KNOWS because of the LAWS we cannont break, will be disproven tomarow.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The Price Of Free Energy

Oh teh drama! So many strong words.

As with everything else on ATS, it's up to each of us to decide for ourselves what to believe or disbelieve.

If Steorn's claims turn out to be true, then great! However, it's worth bearing in mind that the track record for "free energy" (including Steorn's) is less than encouraging, to understate things immensely.

Hence the skepticism.

For those who resent "debunkers", let's not forget that by definition you can't "debunk" something that isn't "bunk" to begin with.

So as facts slowly trickle in, here's hoping we can discuss the subject without getting too bent out of shape.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That sounds like a plan. If your right I will applaud your ablity to debunk things with no hard evidence. If im right I will happly send you paypal information. That $100 will go nicely into my newborns school fund.

Just consider this, maybe the reason we havent discovered free energy yet is due to the fact we are following laws that dont exist. You truely believe that we know everything about physics? I am willing to bet we don't. Matter of fact im willing to bet that within the next decade we will overcome some of these laws. Just like when EVERYONE KNEW the world was flat. Oh ya and everyone KNEW that the sun revolved around the earth. I wonder what great thing that EVERYONE KNOWS because of the LAWS we cannont break, will be disproven tomarow.

I'm not sure the entire history of science is not "hard evidence", but I still stand by my promise.

And btw., I wish someone could prove me wrong as I think it would be amazing for the planet, but I know in my head and in my heart (i.e. my bias against steorn for being liars and charlatans) that this is just another fake.

And btw., one of the things about scientists is that "laws" aren't excepted if they rewrite hundreds of other proofs without very careful consideration.

This would quite literally change almost everything we think we know about physics.... so if some graphic designers here in Dubs have re-written huge chunks of science then that's great...

chances of that happening?

0%

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I share a degree of your skepticism. But remember, man tried for quite awhile to build a device that could fly without success. It was 'common scientific knowledge' that it was impossible. Until it wasn't.

Science works to explain stuff. It makes observations of phenomena and then, within its existing 'laws' and precepts, explains them. Unless it can't. And then they change the 'laws'. It happens all the time. I am all but certain that the work being done at CERN is going to require a great deal of rewriting.

Like early aviation, 'free energy' has a very bad history. There have been lots of frauds as well as a great deal of self-delusion. There may very well be bona fide technology buried in there that has simply never been adequately explored or developed.

I get some what agitated by the whole 'free-energy' concept. The knee-jerk debunkers immediately proclaim that the proponents are 'producing something from nothing'. How disingenuous. We are perpetually bathed in a fantastic sea of energy. No one has developed a means to harness this energy. If they did would it be 'free'?

A common hobby project when I was a kid was to build a crystal radio. String a long length of thin wire between a couple trees. Coil some copper wire using a dowel as a form. Attach one end of the coil to a wire that attaches to the antenna strung between the trees, the other to ground (your plumbing or radiator, for example). Attach a crystal to the 'antenna end' of the coil (we typically used manufactured germanium crystals but crystals right out of the ground can be used by securing it between two metal points, like safety pins). Attach the other end of the crystal to a high impedance headphone or speaker. Attach the other connector of the headphone/ speaker to the 'ground' end of the coil. Radio energy will move the diaphragm of the headphone/speaker. That's physical work. We could easily replace the headphone with a multimeter and measure electrical energy.

Today, we'd likely pickup alot of AM radio stuff --- which is being generated by using energy. But even in Tesla's day he picked up cosmic energy. That 'white noise' you hear between radio stations is cosmic energy. So, is my crystal radio a 'free energy device'? There is no input of power yet it is incontrovertibly producing power.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Anyone who poo poos Zero Point Energy devices will live to eat their words.
Steorn has their gadget running and on a live video feed at this very moment..and they are not the only ones working on such devices. There are hundreds if not thousands of people working on ZPE technology at all levels of funding from backyard garage workshops to multi-million $$ project.

ZPE is real and does not violate the laws of conservation of energy.

In a few years the Arabs will be back in the tents camping in the desert wondering what they are going to do with all that nasty black goo they are pumping out of the ground.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
This would quite literally change almost everything we think we know about physics.... so if some graphic designers here in Dubs have re-written huge chunks of science then that's great...

chances of that happening?

0%

the conversion of the magnetic force to energy doesn't break any laws of physics. it's really easy actually. if you pick up a pin with a magnet, you've generated kinetic energy from the magnetic field.

the difficult thing is to tune the magnetic fields so that the amount of energy generated by the interaction of the magnetic fields is more than the amount of energy required to overcome the attraction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join