It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem Temple VS Messiah

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Answer:

Chr 6:32 And they ministered before the dwelling place of the tabernacle of the congregation with singing, until Solomon had built the house of the LORD in Jerusalem: and [then] they waited on their office according to their order.

ok- I lost the edit now..lol..so this time I am not going to preview the post so please excuse any typos or spelling errors!

Thanks for the links-as time permits I will read them.

Yes, we do have more info than Jesus, however I find that sometimes having more befuddles my poor brain especially if what I am reading flies in the face of what I have believed to be accurate.

While I try to emulate Jesus I know I fall way short. So I try to love my neighbor and follow 1 Cor 13:1 which tells me I can speak in any language but if I have not love my words will be meaningless. We are all individuals and have different strengths and weaknesses. What works for one is not always what works for another. Perhaps you are not as bold with your sister as you are with others because you love her and prefer to keep harmony in your relastionship?

Psalm 122:6-7 speaks of praying for peace of Jerusalem. I interpret that to be so that the inhabitants of the city may be at rest, have peace, quiet and be at ease. (Strong's H7951 - shalah) Last I knew, Jerusalem had people living in it, and not just buildings. (smile)

[edit on 15-8-2010 by LAinhabitant]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauschen

Great thread. Having been privileged enough to have ascertained these truths by meditative transgression, and to honor them as self evident.

Perhaps you and Pthena would care to join me in reading and discussing
"The Second Coming of Christ, the Resurrection of the Christ Within You" by Paramahansa Yogananda?

In it he reported illuminates the universal path to oneness with God as taught by Jesus to the disciples. It caught my attention because of John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant
You would say then that the movable tent is of much greater significance than a stone temple. That stone temples are really no improvement at all. I do believe that the writer of Hebrews would agree with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sadly, I must decline. My son is currently studying Yoga, including Paramhansa Yogananda and his direct disciple, Swami Kriyananda. He has already received a sufficient confirmation that the teachings of the Swami are in accordance with the One who is.

I, on the other hand am a black shaman, a warrior. It is my job to fight the beast of whom it is written, "who can stand against the beast?" I heard tell that there is a fellow called Saint Jude, the patron saint of lost causes. Maybe I should read up on him.

As David was forbidden to build a temple because he was a warrior, so am I similarly constrained.

My blessing to you, build away.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

"My blessing to you, build away. "

I am confused; what are you assuming I am building?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"The Second Coming of Christ, the Resurrection of the Christ Within You" by Paramahansa Yogananda?

In it he reported illuminates the universal path to oneness with God as taught by Jesus to the disciples. It caught my attention because of John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

The true Christian temple of flesh and blood and spirit.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Religion is just fake.
Tell me one line in the bible, or in the quoran or in any other book where god or angels talk about religion, creating religion and so on. Who told you guys to make stuff up and create religions ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Thank-you kindly for your well wishes and clarification. I was concerned I had inadequately conveyed my belief.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Religion is just fake.
Tell me one line in the bible, or in the quoran or in any other book where god or angels talk about religion, creating religion and so on. Who told you guys to make stuff up and create religions ?

I would have given you an A in the course based upon your first statement. Then you blew it with the second question. Tell you what, I'll give you a C if you let it be, otherwise I will give you a B if you find that one verse you mention.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Second line, you did not answer my question.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by pepsi78]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Who told you guys to make stuff up and create religions ?

If you actually read the thread, you will quickly see that we guys (thank you for the royal plural there) are actually responding to religions already put in place long before my (ok, I'm dropping the royal plural) birth into this world. I didn't make these religions up, I am doing my utmost to cast down some.

If you ask me again for those verses, I'll give you some, but then you get a D.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by pthena]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I just got a problem.
Jesus for example, there are no instructions to build a religion in his name.
Nobody came to tell us that, so who gets to decide, a bunch of people, and even more, what books to include. How can the bible be complete when they included only what they saw fit and left out other things that they thought were not as they pleased.

It's why people get separated not that separation is a bad thing.
Absolute unity does not cut it for me either, build the tower so it will colapse again. It's unity for the wrong reasons I guess and unity for the right reason.
Something tells me, the way it's merging that it's unity for the wrong reasons.
If it's unity with crimes and brainwashing then what is the point in being united. I think humanity is going down the drain again. It's not the first time.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AkiraKeyzHunter

High Class Arab Propaganda. This is becoming the biggest lie of all time and will kill many.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by zilch
All scripture references from New International Version.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by pthena]

What you fail to realize is that just one word in one verse can change the meaning of it. The New International version is hardly spot on. Some words have been changed and its a crime that it has been allowed to happen.

Read just some of what this man points out and you will be shocked. FWI, Its the time of the Anti-Christ, when the Temple is built so people look to it as a marker. Most don't want the AC but know Christ will come soon and thats what they look forward to it.

michaelsheiser.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78
I just started a thread here: Knesset Outsources US Campus Public Diplomacy to Militant Christian Zionists
This represents what I think you would consider a unity harmful to mankind. The merging of two political powerful political voices to bolster the most extreme forms of both Christian and Jewish Zionism, while putting down and drowning out the voices of moderation.

As for what became known as Christianity I would agree with your take. I am mostly without religion myself and recommend that for others. That's a big step for some who have been Christian for long periods of time. For them I recommend at least sticking with what is in their own scriptures and forget about going back to weak and beggarly things. The forces represented by the politically powerful is just a lot of delusion that will bring us all to grief.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Mat 8:22 16:24 16:18 John 14:6

Quran 3:31 61:9

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher
I use NIV for quotations because that's what I have as electronic (free on a box of cereal), therefore easier to copy and paste. I do have other versions like NAS.

Read just some of what this man points out and you will be shocked. FWI, Its the time of the Anti-Christ, when the Temple is built so people look to it as a marker. Most don't want the AC but know Christ will come soon and thats what they look forward to it.

A saying of Jesus comes to mind here, about serving two masters, you can't. Now suppose a Christian believed that anti-christ had to do this and that before Christ could return. Therefore all his energy, time, and money was devoted to helping anti-christ do this and that. Does he serve Christ or anti-christ?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Regards on your recommendation. Certainly.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by tauschen]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I thought I could have avoided this thread, but as it had already gone off topic, I thought I may just add my insignificant contribution, even it is a reiteration of what others whom are more enlightened had spoken.

Only egos would presume that the Creator or His staff would need the constructions of men. He had created far more wonders and beauty than any group of intelligent men can ever attempted to create.

Just look at nature around you and delve into its complexities and balance, and you will be astounded by its creation.

Think of holy or sacred places, and then look at your own homes in the early dawn, just as the sun is about to rise and the mist clears. It is your home, the house that you had worked hard for, decorated and filled it with love and warmth.

That itself is the most sacred and holy place any ordinary mortal can create. And where it is sacred and holy, in it will our Creator dwells.

It is your heart. It is the temple, synagouge, church, etc that our Creator prefers to dwell in, not so cold lonely presumably awesome structure that He could not have created a thousand times better Himself.

And worse if His creations start killing and murdering each other for such temporal creations, making it further ugly with the lives of His creations stained upon its rocks.

We humanity have only so much time left to be awaken to truth and reality of His concerns for humanity. May the wise start to wake up and not be taken up for a ride by the greedy few who seek for power and domination to enslave our Creator's creations.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join