It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore at climate talks: Polar ice may go in 5 years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Listen,

I don't support Cap and Trade. To many people are trying to profit off of it, and they don't really care about the Earth.

However, climate change is real, has always been real, was predicted and discovered 150 years ago, and is as true then as it is now.

Humans can easily effect the climate... EASILY.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

How can we easily affect the climate? Have we easily affected the climate? Do you have proof that is not fudged to show man made climate warming?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

If you would have read any of my posts, you would see I already proved it.

CO2 is a vital aspect of our atmosphere, without it Earth would freeze. This is scientific fact, already proven. If humans effect the CO2 levels, they will effect the Earth's climate. All of this is not debatable and 100% true.

[edit on 15-12-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
First the inside of the Earth is a couple of million degrees, now the polar caps are gone in 5 years?

If a Climate truther ever made mistakes like this, the Global Warming Hoaxers would have had a field day.

This guy is a walking joke.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Google Krakatoa and look up the "Year Without a Summer" and then tell me that.

Global warming is nothing more than a scheme to transfer wealth. That's it. Plain and simple. These world politicians don't give a damn about the environment. This is a UN managed scheme to transfer wealth fron the richer countries to the so called poorer countries. As usual when money changes hands at this scale, somebody gets a handling percentage. This handling percentage is what Gore is after. If this was a serious environmental issue there would be all "Cap" and no "Trade". You don't see that happening.

Copenhagen Collapse

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So I wonder how those Polar ice Caps are doing today..

You know cause of the consistent warm spell we are under..

Like pgh has snowed everyday from 12/14/09 till today 01/08/10.. Only 1 day it didnt snow was 12/31/09..

I think I am starting to agree with Al Gore.. Its warm way way to warm where Mn is at -40 temps and Huston Tx is at like 20 and 40 degree temps..

Then again I hear this is all part of the massive Climate Change(AKA Global Warming)..

/sarcasm

I wonder though Why isnt it called Global Warming anymore?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Gore should stick to his search for the Manbearpig!

Agreed?!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Zedd31415]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Totally agree with Mr. Gore on this one

I mean much of the US right now is facing one of the warmest winters on record.

/sarcasm

But seriously here in Dallas right now it's 15 degrees with wind chill values around 1-5 degrees

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Damn Double Post..

[edit on 1/8/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
But seriously here in Dallas right now it's 15 degrees with wind chill values around 1-5 degrees

Hey Muse, Can you tell me the type of weather you typically have from xmas till about today.. from a 10 yr span.. so from like 2000 to 2010...

Temp wise and snow..

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I posted this on another thread just as it was being systematically demolished by the alarmists. I thought what the heck I will let you in on this research.

A recent study by M. Mouse & D. Duck

From the university of Disney California

The study presented by Prof, M. Mouse & Dr D. Duck Proposes that global temperatures will continue to rise when the man with the big pencil, puts little spikes and swirly marks around the circle which is situated above the line that runs halfway across the paper. During these conditions there is a tendency for it to get hotter and even hotter when he colors it with yellow.

Studies also suggest that when he draws icicles, it will get colder, much colder.

The conclusion from these studies provides evidence to suggest that when "the man" with the pencil wants us to believe it is getting hotter (or colder) he will create the illusion that most appropriately fits the storyline.

This study is waiting to be peer reviewed

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by muse7

Hey Muse, Can you tell me the type of weather you typically have from xmas till about today.. from a 10 yr span.. so from like 2000 to 2010...

Temp wise and snow..

Thanks.

Well these are the coldest temperatures we've had in about 12 years.

The average temperatures here during December - January are about 50's for highs and 40's for lows

I remember I heard the weather man for the NBC station that this winter is one of the coolest on record for Texas.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join