It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore at climate talks: Polar ice may go in 5 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Gore at climate talks: Polar ice may go in 5 years

www.google.com

Al Gore has told the U.N. climate conference that new data suggests that the Arctic polar ice cap may disappear in the summertime as soon as five to seven years from now.

The Arctic Ocean sea ice has shrunk dramatically, to record low levels, the past several summers. Scientists blame global warming, which has raised temperatures twice as fast in the far north as elsewhere.

Gore said polar scientists told him Sunday that the latest data "suggest a 75 percent chance the entire polar ice cap
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Global Warming Theory DESTROYED By 20/20's John Stossel

Global Warming is a hoax and that is the inconvenient truth that people don't want to hear, especially those who want govt. expansion.

Polar ice may disappear within 7 years?
Who's buying this?

Where's the real uncompromised scientific community?
Seriously, aren't you wondering where are they?

Data suggests this, data suggests that bla bla bla
Al Gore is an idiot!

And i'm not buying this BS!

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Gore at climate talks

Who let him in?

Of course he wants to make big, wild, scary claims. He stands to make a fortune if he succeeds! No better motivation than money to make a man truly evil.....

[edit on 14/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well may be now that the polar caps "are melting" we may reverse back to the times when the cave man and the big Mammoth used to grace the polar lands.

You know history tells the story when it was a time when earth used to sustain life in the poles.

So much for human man made global warming.

Earth is just doing what earth has done for billions of years, we are just the next species to become a memory just like the dinosaurs.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Agreed on all points! I would add though that I believe it might be possible to save quite a bit and survive through it if we stopped the AGW bullcrap now, pulled our fingers out, realised that there is stuff-all that can be done to stop it and start planning how to make it through.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You know its funny about this..

I try to talk to people about real issues and I get crap like.. "I dont wanna hear it", "Dude its garbage" and things like that about 9/11 government and so on. But people are so convinced that we are the blame for global warming that it isnt even funny.

I really do not understand the thought process of people. They take something that is so far out there and that is fake and turn it into something real, then when that real thing comes along they want nothing to do with it..

What the Hell is the matter with people? Really, I want what drugs they are on to not realize being taxed to breath is a good thing...

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled BS of a life.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Well, all this is a plan by the Rockefellers, the Illuminati or who ever is taking over the planet, and that is what is going on here, they do not care about the climate or you for that matter, this is purly Control and nothing more. All the crap you see and hear about the climate is a waste of time.

The planet is doing what it needs to do, taking its anti-biotics, it is only that the Elite have used it for economic gain and means for taking over nations, the sooner people see that the better it is...

They are crawling thru the world right infront of your eyes and no one pay ant attention to them... Screw the World, it will do great...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't really think all the polar ice caps will ALL melt in 5 years unless there's a sudden increase in our emissions...Or maybe in 5 years we'll all be under Global Cool and there would be a large hysteria over what we should do.

Earth is just doing what earth has done for billions of years, we are just the next species to become a memory just like the dinosaurs.

Haha, yeah...and what could come after us? Well humans are just too conceited to think that maybe "we're at the top of the food chain," but it is still possible that evolution could or has already taken place (like the Cat Eye Boy able to see in the dark). We'd just probably go and be replaced by another species.

And Gore's trying to scare people....so they do something quick. Well, that's what I think. And as ChemBreather said, it could just be a plot by a mind controlling society to take over the world.

[edit on 14/12/2009 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Al gore talks mighty tall tales, with NO official, comclusive backup evidence and trys to profit off of this, aka carbon tax* he's just like every useless politician in office, looking out for himself greedely to skim a few million or more off a fictacious fear mongering scare. Charging money becuae the polar ice caps are melting does NOT fix the problem*

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Well, all this is a plan by the Rockefellers, the Illuminati or who ever is taking over the planet, and that is what is going on here, they do not care about the climate or you for that matter, this is purly Control and nothing more. All the crap you see and hear about the climate is a waste of time.

Yep the only real way they will create and bring into the real world the nwo, will be bankrupting usa. Global warming is something people will not buy, while we are freezing while sitting in front of our computers here, lol, like i am in london now.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

It is, they been working on this for a long time, these people operate over centuries, they can wait..But now, they have spent too much time and money on this COP15 thing, which is their last 'needed' card for the Cabal to up: Control of the World, and that is what they are going to get, all the UN nations will suffer from this scam...That is why they are pushing the Man Made global Warming scare, ffs, Al Gore is telling school children to kill them selfs because they are breathing out Co2 which kills the pinguins.

These people are madMenn...
the Club Of Rome is where they meet and come to agreement on what kind of Disaster they are going to unite the world under, spooky stuff..

I dont know about you folks, but here where I live, there is not getting hotter, it is cold even thru the summer, 3 weeks of sun aint normal or good or warming in any way...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The sad thing is that if the polar caps melts to the point of sustainable life and the land can be worked, they will probably be fill with people that will exploit them but will do nothing to help feed the rest of the world.

This is why we humanity will become extinct one day is not earth the one that will kill us, is going to be us the one killing ourselves.

At least the dinosaurs didn't have a choice, but we do, what our geniuses in governments want to do? they want to keep enriching their dirty pockets while taxing us to extinction

[edit on 14-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
These jackass politicians are selling the story that human beings are more powerful than mother nature and people eat it up. But then again, look at all the other crap people have believed in recent times, so this is no different.

If Gore and his disreputable cronies/accomplices really believed the BS they are selling, would they not stop polluting the planet by jetting all over the world to sell this garbage. Would they not support an end to all wars which pollute the atmosphere as well? Would they not new support clean energy technologies, instead of supporting oil companies who paid for their elections?

All liars have the same trait. They do one thing and then say something which is in direct contradiction to their actions.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

What's really funny is that a common response to conspiracy Theorists is that they see patterns where none exist, and that they would rather conjure up a fictional "ruling elite" because it is preferable to no one being in charge.

But with the global warming thing it's just the opposite: skeptics are accused of not wanting to face up to the "facts" because it's more pleasant to live in ignorance of the coming climate apocalypse.

We really are a messed up bunch

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yea, they cant wait for the ice to melt up at Greenland, there is alot of resources up there, so , they are probably using Nato planes to spray over there to hurry the melting, and they lie to us saying we poison all life on the Planet and must spend all of our money on 'fixing' it, when they really just want the Money..

We should test them, demand full global ban of Motorsports, that is nothing but waste of perfectly good air right there...

[edit on 14/12/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Every time I see Gore's name I think of The Sky is Falling and The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I know the man is getting rich off his tall tales. But does anybody know how much of his fortune he is returning in order to make the world a cleaner place?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'll take a chance on the Polar ice caps in five years, if we can get rid of Gore now.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Is interesting that amid the global warming report of melting polar caps, it was also another one telling that the poles were actually growing, funny that was around for a littler while and then went away.

Global warming is the persecutor of global winter meaning that before we convert into another ice age we most see fluctuating temperatures of warm weather with very cold periods getting longer.

But for some reason the global warming is the one been exploited, our earth have more evens of ice ages that that of global warming.

But hey I am no scientist I am just following earth history.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
this news is disturbing however Al Gore a name id be glad to forget has entered into the realm of Milchael Moore He only seems to announce and stand behind climate facts that support his agena wich as time passes seems to be more motivated by money then any humanitairan motives.
He has profited by supporting certain climate what ifs while he has often pushed aside or simply not acknowledged many very important issues.
I think it would be nothing short of a miracle for the worlds governments to reverse any human causes in regards the global climate problems. The worlds governments America included are more stubborn then a mule and are not simply going to just drop past conflicts to save the planet. World governments are only involved in the climate discussions because they dont want to miss out on any profits.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i've seen that line before i think:

Exclusive: No Ice At The North Pole

preceded by

Arctic Sea Ice Re-Freezing at Record Pace

another variation is the supposed destruction of the great barrier reef:

Barrier reef three decades from death

in contrast to:

Damaged Barrier Reef coral makes 'spectacular' recovery

or, on ATS

Reef boom beats doom

the sad thing is that the majority will accept any doomsday prediction nowadays as long it's far off and ignore anything else, especially contradicting evidence. Doom&Gloom used to be the mainstay of conspiracy theories, wtf happened?

[edit on 2009.12.14 by Long Lance]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join