It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEQUILAsunrise - AKA Norway Spiral - Proof it was a scientific experiment.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
209.85.229.132...:kObX22U4UrkJ:wethefree.blogspot.com/+Antti+Kero+spirals+%28self-contained+and+homogeneous%29+on+the+surface+of+th e+ball.&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

UPDATE (12/11/09): Turns out not to be so! I investigated more and had some email correspondence with the experimental scientist who was actually running the EISCAT system at the time of the spiral (actually, his experiment started 10 minutes after the spiral). His name is Antti Kero (from Finland; and has a co-experimenter named Markus Rapp from Germany). It turns out that Antti was as surprised as anyone about what happened.

EISCAT does have the capabilities to launch rockets as part of their experiments with the antenna arrays and atmospheric "heater" array. But there were no rockets used in Antti's experiment. And he says that EISCAT can't generate any visuals that the naked eye can see. So it turns out that a failed Russian missile launch was a "deer in the headlights" for all the world to watch. They were just more interested in believing in an alien invasion!

So the picture was the work of some combination of luck and skill after all!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Could a radio wave become visible against the backdrop of ionized meteor dust? Or whatever that stuff is they are heating up?

Edit - Nevermind. It appears that there weren't any rockets or heaters on at the time. The experiment wasn't even running at that time, apparently.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Thanks for that.
I wonder if the spiral in the sky gave the finnish guy some pause about conducting the experiment at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

That's the principle behind ionospheric heaters. Sort of. The heater energizes charged particles. If the particles absorb enough energy they do emit light. That's kind of how the aurora work. But the aurora are powered by the Sun, they have a lot more energy to work with.

HAARP produces a very dim glow that has been observed with sensitive instruments, nothing that can be seen with the naked eye.
www.ursi.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay cool, thanks for that.
So I can check that off the list. They ARE trying to turn the sky into a giant projector.

Pretty neat coincidence, I must say.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
and haarp can only make a kind of cloud shape, not a moving spiral...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JayinAR

Heater.

Just one. Compared to HAARP, the EISCAT heater is a wimp (30% the radiated power).

BTW, the simulation shown in the OP is a representation of the ELF radio waves produced at HAARP by modulating the HF heater signal. I know of nothing that makes radio waves visible (except of course something like a television receiver). I don't know if EISCAT has carried out this sort of experiment but in any case the amplitude of the signal produced by these experiments is very low, the ELF waves are very weak.

[edit on 12/14/2009 by Phage]

I think all EM is visible if you have the artificial or biological eyes to see it. Rattlesnakes can "see" infrared. A lot more of it than people, and their pits are tied directly to their optic nerves. Bees and bugs can see UV. The visible spectrum I think is a misnomer since it basically only applies to us. Besides I think if the spiral wasnt a missle then you are looking at the effects of radio waves on plasma or something, not the actual radio waves.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Thanks for that.
I wonder if the spiral in the sky gave the finnish guy some pause about conducting the experiment at all.

HAHAHAHA

Can you imagine the panic in the EISCAT labs when they fired up the VHF and a spiral appeared?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Yeah, if it had happened at the same time I'm sure you would have had some dudes dropping some deuces in their pants!

I'd also bet he was hesitant to even fire the thing up until they found out what that was.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

That is not correct I think! as posted in a Governmental/Navy animation in this thread, HAARP does in fact make a moving spiral!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Originally posted by seethelight

That is not correct I think! as posted in a Governmental/Navy animation in this thread, HAARP does in fact make a moving spiral!

Did anyone check if the animation of HAARPs spinning field to see if it rotated the same direction as the Norway spiral?

I did.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The question should become, "IF they used both sets of equipment and the heaters WERE running (despite what their site says), can the output be significant enough to produce ANY visual results?"

ok ill bite, I posted in the other thread but Ill repeat it here.

The heater so far has only produced visual effects in the ionosphere at a range of 150-300km straight up.

These optic effects can not be seen by eye and need to use various instruments to capture.

I believe the technical name for it is "HF pumped enhanced airglow"
www.google.ca...

from 1999 study 250km above EISCAT

More detials here ( lot data) www.irf.se...

Optical artificial aurora using EISCAT
docs.google.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You deserve a cookie.
Let me guess, they both rotated clockwise?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wtfhuh

I appreciate that!

Now I can find the information myself without having to wade through what amounts to a small novel to find it.

There was nothing to bite on, though. I was asking because I was genuinely interested.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Thanks for that.

HAHAHAHA

Can you imagine the panic in the EISCAT labs when they fired up the VHF and a spiral appeared?

Watcher and Jay… I’m assuming that you’re replying to the link provided by seethelight. You do realize that, all this is, is some guy saying in a blog that he talked to the EISCAT scientist in charge of the experiment don’t you? I’m hoping that you’re taking it for what it is… and know what it is not.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well.. I appreciate Phage and every ones skepticism. I probably appreciate the guys that have got my back a little more though..
Thanks.

Now, Phage does make a good argument. They technically did not schedule the Heater from the looks of it. They def said they were going to use it... but didn't schedule it. This still does not rule out the fact that this was a scientific experiment that got a little too much attention. I am doing a lot more research.. I will post again soon

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by danman23
Well.. I appreciate Phage and every ones skepticism. I probably appreciate the guys that have got my back a little more though..
Thanks.

Now, Phage does make a good argument. They technically did not schedule the Heater from the looks of it. They def said they were going to use it... but didn't schedule it. This still does not rule out the fact that this was a scientific experiment that got a little too much attention. I am doing a lot more research.. I will post again soon

What it looks like to me is that it was scheduled and that no "memo" went out like it does usually.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You deserve a cookie.
Let me guess, they both rotated clockwise?

Depends what your frame of reference is. The animation rotates counter as shown from the top. The spiral rotated clockwise as shown from Earth.

So yes, same direction.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

There was nothing to bite on, though. I was asking because I was genuinely interested.

Ya just that there is a lot of relevant data in that thread for eiscat and rockets, like scientific papers written by the 2 guys doing that tequilatest, and very large amount of work proving it was a rocket.

Heres 2 more link you might like

Lots raw and archived EISCAT data www.sgo.fi...

Active Permutations of The Near Earth Space Environment.
(eiscat AND rockets)

www.space.vt.edu...

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I emailed Dr. Mike Rietveld, Heating Senior Scientist, at EISCAT in Tromso and he just replied. This is what he had to say.

Hello,

No, EISCAT had nothing to do with that optical trail.
It was a Russian rocket launch apparently.

Greetings,

Mike Rietveld

So, I guess that's that. Question answered. I'm sure he wouldn't lie to us, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join