It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on God.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS!

Right, this is about the idea that God can change and edit our daily lives.

I imagine God as the source in which we all came from. As simple as that. Everything in the Universe came from a Source, which then expanded outwards. So basically, God is the entire Universe and came from within its self.

So why is it that people assume a bad thing going wrong or a good event is the work of God? I mean, okay, some people really do believe God is a big man somewhere that watches us and screws with us for the kicks.

The way i see it is that God gave us the gifts of free will, manifestation and all that jazz to define our own reality, not to live our lifes for us. I guess you could say that these gifts are purely just illusions and that we thinking we are living our own life when we are not.

But it just annoys me when something bad happens to someone and then they go about saying how God hates them and then they loose their faith. Maybe, just maybe, God isn't a big being that screws with your life, and that your life is yours to control. The Universe really does revolve around you.

I always pray, but not to God. I pray to myself. I believe that when you are praying, you're not speaking directly to God, you're speaking to your higher self. If you want to change your reality, don't rely on something else to do it, take the matter into your own hands.

Your life is yours; now live it.

Namaste.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bumpity Bumpity Bump!

Surely, there's someone with something to say

Jacob

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well why did God create our nature in a way that occasionally gives us the desire to kill, steal, torture ect.? Sure we might have free will, might not, but why create us in such a flawed way where we don't honestly give a darn about others? Nationally, we really don't care about the welfare of everyone. Even the homeless can be criticized for their social position, and on top of that, not even receive any help from anyone. We're born selfish, why was that nature created? Since from that basic nature, we do all of our actions.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
maybe you have a misinterpretation of god. i believe god isnt the all knowing and seeing being like a lot of religious people believe. i believe god is the name of the alien who has in charge of the other angels (other aliens). people say god hates them or etc because it helps them fill an empty void in there lives where they have no answers. god exists and there is another life after we die. but the god of the bible and other religions i believe is made up to help people fill an emptiness inside of them and a way governments can manipulate us to believe in them and things they do

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I sort of see God as a all-powerful child. We were an inevitable eventuality; a product of his actions, but not necessarily purposeful.

God hears us, but I don't believe he orchestrates our lives. He's got more to worry about than us, after all. I think his constant interaction with us would make things a lot worse in the end.

I guess if you've ever seen the Futurama where Bender meets God, that's kind of how I see it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If all we had were positive emotions and instincts, we could never know what they truly mean without having their negative opposites. Free Will is the basis of our lives, and any interference by God would be a direct infraction on our free will.

God gave you the only ability you will ever need to live a happy and fulfilled life- the ability to create. You have all the tools necessary to fix the world, so it is up to you, not God, to create the reality YOU desire.

As for what God is, I have no idea. I simply believe that there is some higher power, one that we can never hope to even come close to understanding with the brains we have been given. I think my favorite way to think of God is to think of the energy that fuels everything in life, from stars, to trees, to thoughts and emotions. Everything is interlinked, God is what links everything together.

God simply is....

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't believe in gods. I think people who do are biologically predisposed to hold such beliefs, and they have little choice in the matter. If not a supernatural, cloud-sitting, beard wearing, old "wise man," then some sort of "purpose driven" life.

I think it's all nonsense, naturally

We're very complex machines, assorted randomly from scrap left over from exploding stars. To me, that is much more beautiful than the weak-minded argument of "god(s) did it."

Life is much more interesting than that.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Star and Flag. You have finally come to it, you are God, just as all of us are God. Those who pray to God are praying to a false reality, for all together we are that which is God, and I am not talking about the human body ere either, I am talking about the Spirit of man/womankind. Why do you think ETs are so interested in our Souls, and not at all interested in our bodies, even to the point of calling them "containers."?

I would say that anyone who delves deeply into research of the way things are here on Earth would eventually come to this conclusion in time.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

We are raised selfish, not born selfish.
For us to of started raising eachother selfish, we must of had some sort of "selfish influence" in our evolution. Our human nature isn't the nature of every other being in the entire Universe. Humans were created selfishly, but who say's it is the Creator of the Universe that created Humanity?

reply to post by parkwoods21

I am speaking about the Creator of the Universe, not Humans. The Creator of Humanity were Et being's, the Annunaki as they're commonly known. This is the selfish influence i was refering to.

reply to post by SantaClaus

I like your way of putting it, and see where you are coming from, yet i disagree with the fact that God can interfer with us atall. God is a force, not a being.
And yeah, i've seen that episode

reply to post by Monts

Exactly. God is just energy. You say he is what links everything together, well scientifically speaking, the Universe is just energy. God is just the Universe, that created itself from within.

I will reply to the other replys at a later time, i gotta go!

Namaste.

Jacob

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It's comforting to believe there is a higher power in charge.

When something bad happens, you can turn to that higher power for assurance, safety, comfort. Much like a child turns to a parent.

When something good happens, you can take it as a sign that the higher power favors you, supports you, validates you.

For myself, I'm still trying to decide if I believe in God. I think I do, but the more I try to understand God, the more confused I get. And I, too, was raised Christian (baptist).

keep smiling

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
God is a guy in a flowing white robe, with long flowing silver hair and a long beard...He's a Caucasian and kinda looks like Charlton Heston playing Moses in 'The Ten Commandments'...God watches everything that you do and knows when you are naughty or nice...His name spelled backwards is Dog....

Seriously though, thank you for your post...despite my attempt at humor above, I too share your theological views. Since quantum physics has revealed the interconnectedness of all things, I feel that we are all "God" and that essentially we have all created the Universe and therefore ourselves as well as each other. As far as death (which seems to be the main reason for humans believing in "God" as described in the first paragraph), I feel that all thinking beings simultaneously operate on several separate dimensions (i.e. 'strings', 'levels', 'planes', etc....). While our physical bodies operate on one level, our minds (i.e. souls, spirits, essence, life-force, bio-energy) operates on another dimension.

Our minds are interconnected to everything, because we are all 'one', (i.e. Universal Mind). Our minds and bodies are composed of matter. Based upon the Law of Conservation of Matter, we therefore can never 'die'. Our physical bodies change over time and eventually appear to 'die' when our minds no longer operate within them; however, 'death' is only a description for the transformation of our physical bodies from a more-organized state, to a less-organized state (i.e. diffusion, chaos, etc...).

So, in a nutshell, I am you, and you are me...we're a happy family...now, what did you get me for Christmas ?

[edit on 14-12-2009 by polychronopolis]

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Exactly! Although, it's not that we are God, it's that we are a part of God. Together we are God!

reply to post by smyleegrl

Don't bring Christianity into this! No offence Christians, but i just believe it is the most plagourised and false organised religion out there. Yet somehow, just somehow, it continues to be the most popular.

reply to post by polychronopolis

Yeah, concerning death, you might wanna see a thread of mine, in which i drew a picture that i believe represents life and death:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I like thinking of us as cells in a body.
Each cell has a particular job, in which they are different. But overall, they all work towards the same goal; maintaining the body. We all work to keep the Universe "working" and that makes us one.

Namaste.

Jacob

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

People assume that bad things come from God/the devil/what-have-you because human beings don't like to own up to their own mistakes and/or doings. We enjoy pointing fingers.

I do believe that with our thoughts we can mold our reality. It's just....much more complex than anything I can imagine.

A2D

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

God as a being that controls things, like you said is seen as a sort of comfort method for things unexplainable, or "unatural". Damn i hate that word.

But yeah, i can just imagine some wayyy back ago throwing a rock at someone, and if asked who did it, just blaming it on God.

Jacob

top topics

join