It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe our consciouness lives on after death?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Monts

I personally believe that our consciousness lives on... in some form or another. I really can't grasp the idea of just "not existing". I believe that we spend time in some other realm, learning about our mistakes, and preparing for another life in which we try to become better people.

Extreme claims require extreme evidence.

Why is it hard to grasp death... just remember what it was like before you were born.

It's pretty selfish and arrogant to think that you and everyone else is immortal and all this stuff, it's the most pretentious thing i've ever heard.

Have you not read my opening post? This is about your PERSONAL BELIEFS... i.e. FAITH! This isn't about proving anything. Everybody believes in something... so state what you believe and don't call anyone arrogant unless you are looking to make yourself look arrogant.

FAITH is defined as believing in something without proof.

The ancients believed that the sun was the source of all life, even though they had no evidence. It was only with the advent of biology and science that we truly learned that the sun is the source of ALL life on earth. They were right all along!

And whats wrong with being immortal in a spiritual sense? If I believe I am immortal, that is not gonna change any way I live my life, except I know that I really have nothing to fear. In fact... it makes me more in tune with my life because I realize I am going to remember and cherish all of it... and what I make of it is up to me. Am I going to make it one that I am proud of? Or one that I wished I would have lived differently?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Time? There is no time, only space and distance between us. As I live, I shall die. My body will dissolve and come into other life. My knowledge will be collected as it always is. I am alive in this eternal minute that is a placeholder that is all that is the fullness of me. I will dissolve from that into the ocean, and reform upon the shore. I sleep, I wake. That does not change.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Thank you so much for sharing that video. "Light is what happens when God breathes." I'll never forget that. Several creation myths talk about God either breathing or speaking the earth or universe into existence. The Egyptian god, Hu, was one of them. Hu was known as the Divine Utterance. Hu Hu is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, and what was last is first and first is last. I think Hu was also the name of the sphinx god. The light, or breath of God, is what the true Word is. It never was a book or any man-made words. The Bible is full of references to Light. This gives it a whole new meaning for me. Everything in Nature and the universe is made from light, and yes, we are all connected. Thanks again.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Monts

I personally believe that our consciousness lives on... in some form or another. I really can't grasp the idea of just "not existing". I believe that we spend time in some other realm, learning about our mistakes, and preparing for another life in which we try to become better people.

Extreme claims require extreme evidence.

Why is it hard to grasp death... just remember what it was like before you were born.

It's pretty selfish and arrogant to think that you and everyone else is immortal and all this stuff, it's the most pretentious thing i've ever heard.

Have you not read my opening post? This is about your PERSONAL BELIEFS... i.e. FAITH! This isn't about proving anything. Everybody believes in something... so state what you believe and don't call anyone arrogant unless you are looking to make yourself look arrogant.

FAITH is defined as believing in something without proof.

The ancients believed that the sun was the source of all life, even though they had no evidence. It was only with the advent of biology and science that we truly learned that the sun is the source of ALL life on earth. They were right all along!

And whats wrong with being immortal in a spiritual sense? If I believe I am immortal, that is not gonna change any way I live my life, except I know that I really have nothing to fear. In fact... it makes me more in tune with my life because I realize I am going to remember and cherish all of it... and what I make of it is up to me. Am I going to make it one that I am proud of? Or one that I wished I would have lived differently?

I completely agree with you wholeheartedly and if you dont beleive in life afetr death thats your proacitive not mine i do i have read edgar cayce over and over again and he for onr has certainly changed my mind in lifen after death

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am happy everyone else is so sure. I... am sorry Monts. I have no belief, because I don't know what to believe. I have no references, no experiences, nothing.

My father did have a quad-duple bypass the week before Easter. He kept talking about what the doc's and nurse's were saying. But they said he was so doped up and out of it that there's no way he knew that stuff. Now, he did 'die' once on the table but the lad has new pipes and is vigor as ever.

So it's possible he had an NDE or something.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Well, more specifically, the events that occured with Pamela happened while there was no neuronal activity, plus she had clicking devices in her ear to measure when she was dead or not, and these doctors who are part of the worlds best neuronal / brain operating team are not so stupid to pre-judge and say that this was a misunderstanding, they are stumped, and that is because what she repeated was stuff that was impossible for her to repeat, she was dead, and any skeptic is a complete moron that says she was having some type of hallucination before she died, the doctors in that video are smarter than 99.9% of the people on ATS, and more than likely smarter than 98% of the people on the internet alone.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I have no firm belief either way. I guess I'll find out (or not) when I get there.I cannot however go with the the god option. I'd rather go with the Prachett option
"Everyone gets what they believe they'll get."

Oh and calling someone a moron because they choose to be skeptical is kind of odd as surely they would be equally capable of calling you the same for your belief (or lack of).

be well.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

How skeptical would you be if you we're a doctor at one of the best hospitals in the world operating on a "inoperable" brain aneurysm?

Did you even watch the video?

Do you hear what the doctors are saying?

There is no room for skepticism, there is room for figuring out what caused this, and it most certainly cannot be ruled to be something ordinary, it's explicitly extraordinary as the doctors say.

Whom, which are, as I've previously stated, more than likely more intelligent that anyone on ATS.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I did not dispute your assertions. I disputed your delivery (no need for namecalling). Without skeptics there are no conspiracies.

Post this in another forum and you will have NWO etc. believers talking about media manipulation to keep the "sheeple" docile.
Skepticism comes in many forms.

Food for thought yes ?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

Yes, skepticism comes in many many many forums.

However, people that come in blatantly throwing accusations when they haven't even researched a subject (and I know everything there is to know about this NDE case) are complete idiots.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior
I am happy everyone else is so sure. I... am sorry Monts. I have no belief, because I don't know what to believe. I have no references, no experiences, nothing.

I can totally understand you not knowing what to believe.... I was at that same point a while ago. I had no real spiritual experiences (I think I might have seen a ghost once... but I can't be sure), so I had nothing to really base my faith on. Then I started following what my heart said...

I went to the bookstore... bought a bunch of books on death and read. I really thought hard about what my heart was telling me, and it was telling me, and still does, that there is something wonderful out there that we can't even begin to describe or understand.

Then I looked up all the different ideas, and found that karmic reincarnation cycles seemed to make the most logical sense. Seeing as how everything in the universe is logical by nature, why shoudln't death be logical also? What better way of experiencing life could there be other than living it as often as possible, in the most wide range of experiences as possible in order to gain a better understanding not only of the universe, but of your self.

As for your dad, I wouldn't be surprised if he had an NDE, however with lots of drugs in his system, one can never be too sure. The reason you never hear about NDE's, and the reason why your Dad probably never really talked about it much is because NDE's are such a far out, indescribable experience that people who witness them are afraid that talking about them, even with their closest friends and family, will result in ridicule and criticism. If people were more open and willing to listen with an open mind, I'm sure that everyone would be totally surprised by the amount of people who have had such or similar experiences.

link   
reply to post by Monts

I sure hope there is something after death but I am not sure either way. I was brought up to believe in God but in the church when I had questions I was always given the age old line "just have faith". Well that never really sat with me to well and with all the storys in the bible it kind of made me doubt.

That said I hope there is a God that welcomes us after death, trouble is is my hope enough to make it so. Thats what worrys me lol.

Nice thread

Peace to all.

link   

Interesting. As yet no one has done that. I didn't and no one else has.

I was simply asking you without being blunt, to be courteous. It is mandatory and part of the forum rules.
It also makes debate livelier and friendlier , all at the same time.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
No. When we die, all consciousness ceases.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I am absolutely convinced that Reincarnation is real, that there is an energy force we call the soul that continues to exist. I am not so sure about what exactly constitutes God, I doubt he is exactly as any religion says he is. As far as proof of the energy that leaves the body upon death, I always think of the various experiments that have been done where a dying person was put on a very sensitive scale. Nobody has ever been able to explain the about one ounce that disappears when the person dies.

There are a few people however that I am convinced will not lose that ounce but thats another story.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Got proof?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

That you for posting that! I had not heard of the Pam Reynolds case, it is beyond remarkable. I see there are several videos about that, I will look at all of them.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i obviously cant account for other people, but i know that my consciousness lives on after death. i have several past life memories. they have all come to me during times when im awake and completely conscious in the form of a "vision". all of a sudden i get images and scenery and stuff pop into my head. its almost like a movie, it takes over my thought process so im basically forced to acknowledge it. and i'll also mention that no, im not on drugs. each one of them feels familiar and has a whole lot of emotion that goes with it. some of them are completely terrifying, like a memory of being buried alive. but some are so stunningly beautiful...some of my lives have definitely not taken place here on earth in this plane of existence. and to the sceptics...yes. i know i sounds nuts. but its hard to deny it when you're experiencing it first hand. i just hope that the people who do not believe, one day have an experience that will change their perspectives. these experiences open up your mind to so many amazing possibilities

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If you are a rationalist, you have to accept that consciousness exists separate from the body and thus the death of the body is not the death of consciousness.

Like others here, I have had direct experiences that confirm the existence of the soul. So I know for a fact that I will survive the death of my physical body. I believe I will enter the higher astral planes on the death of my physical body, where I will be helped by astral beings in helping make sense of my previous life in relation to my soul missiom, enjoy a period of living in the higher astral planes for a while, and then reincarnate on the earth plane to continue my spiritual work.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You'll have your proof soon enough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join