It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, not God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Copied and understood. I shall never use logic here again. Starting 30 seconds after you stop using the same flawed argument in every thread.

Copy ?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

Copied and understood. I shall never use logic here again. Starting 30 seconds after you stop using the same flawed argument in every thread

Yes, that's gonna be a neg. there good buddy boy, unless you point out thy flaws Mr.Claus. Get on with your bad self or just get on.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Who but God has the power to change the course of an asteroid?
Who but God has the power to set it's course?
Who but God created all things and set them in motion?
I have heard stories of no other.

things you say make no sense at all.

I'm trying to say that the fallout from an asteroid destroyed the cities, while you on the other hand keep changing the subject. Try to come back down to earth and think rationally so we can find a natural explenation to this event.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I'm sorry if you find truth frustrating. No solid back up for your arguements? Nothing of to much of interest out there at this moment so
alright, for the moment I can do that at your request,. fair enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
I'm trying to say that the fallout from an asteroid destroyed the cities, while you on the other hand keep changing the subject. Try to come back down to earth and think rationally so we can find a natural explenation to this event.

Yes.. that was exactly my point on page 2 that no one bothered to respond to.

The bible even confirms this.. it does not say how this destruction was delivered.. only that fire and brimstone (sulfur) did it.. and you find Both when an asteroid breaks up in the atmosphere.

This does not mean however that God didn't cause it to happen.

There is nothing to prove or disprove this either way.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Rationality and honest debate cannot be dismissed using trite phrases and the "lalala I can't hear you" defense.
Though I sincerely wish you good luck with the attempt.

You cannot know what another person knows.
You cannot dismiss another persons opinion with a statement such as the one you use constantly "know everything..etc"

Then assert that you, and only those that believe as you, know the truth.

That is indeed vainglory in the eyes of your (alleged) creator.

Let's talk some more. I enjoy rational debate however so try dropping the name calling...

Whaddya say ? Let us embrace our mutual ignorance and maybe learn from the experience.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
We have proof that asteroids exist.
We have no proof that 'god' exists.

Why the need to overcomplicate things?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

Copied and understood. I shall never use logic here again. Starting 30 seconds after you stop using the same flawed argument in every thread

Well alright I do apologise if you really consider buddy boy and Mr. claus name calling. lol
May be we can talk about how it is you know so much about the truths I speak of.
I haven't used them in quite the abundance you suggest. Do you study all the members here with so much prejudice?

That's what I thought.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Who is 'we' here? I have come to know God, but have not visited an asteroid. Between the two, I have more proof of God than asteroids...but I do believe/have faith that asteroids exist.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Actually your avatar is spectacular and no..you simply have similar interests (for differing ends).Ergo I encounter your posts often..yours and Oliveoils actually.

The major contention we seem to have here boils down to the word why.

I will lay bare my thought process. Solar system (including earth)shows evidence of many asteroidal,cometary, meteor impacts.
Man is superstitious by nature, we fear the unknown. We feel "better" with an explanation.
At the time of this [alleged] impact I would have to call our knowledge of all things heavenwards sketchy at best.
If I was there at the time at that level of knowledge then yep I can see me saying..
"What the..!!!!" Followed by " [a] God punished the wicked! He chose to spare me to tell others of their wrong doing."

Does this mean a diety actually performed the feat ?
I say no.

Now I will be happy to here your rebuttal.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
So, if I understand you correctly, an asteroid is not from God. Right? I don't see the difference, one way or the other, being an asteroid or a gas explosion or maybe a volcano. Some sort of natural event destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, I suppose. God, being in charge of the natural events (opening the Red Sea, walking on water, etc) can do pretty much anything He wants anytime He wants, right?

Thanks for sharing the story. It is great to see more and more information coming to us from the past. There are probably thousands of records yet untranslated from the distant past.

[edit on 12/12/2009 by Jim Scott]

What most people forget, whether they happen to be religious or not, is that the Holy Books (The Bible Included) contain the greatest documentation of History ever presented. Such Books contain firsthand accounts of so many pivotal events at the beginning of Civilization, that to ignore them is to completely disregard their enormous face value (Even from a solely scholarly aspect ).

As for the Asteroid hypothesis in this particular case, who is to say that God did not in fact send it to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? What or Who is it that dictates order and chaos in this Universe? Who is to say that God is not the all encompassing ether and entity, which in fact exists all around and within us? It is simply something worthy to ponder, is it not?

Thank you for the post OP, because I truly enjoy the Anthropological evidence which surfaces from time-to-time confirming accounts in the Bible (Even if you are only looking at the Historical record of the Bible, and not the Religious context).

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

...pssst , remember 16/7/94 ?

Schumacher/Levy 9 > Jupiter = God

... ask Universal studios ...

[or more specifically .... Amblin Entertainment]

[edit on 13-12-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I'm sorry if you find truth frustrating. No solid back up for your arguements? Nothing of to much of interest out there at this moment so
alright, for the moment I can do that at your request,. fair enough.

you are so blind you never even read the thread. I have scientific backup.

Usually I'd report disinformation agents like you but it's just a waste if time so I don't anymore.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The Bible? You mean that regurgitated piece of astrological literature? C'mon. Looking for truth in the Bible concern what happened thousands of years ago is like eating a # sandwich looking for a kernel of corn. Look to the Sumerians. Just because your idea of God might be incorrect, we are all still one, and sharing this experience with each other. How can one religion be right, when there are so many others? Did Satan influence Buddhism? Was Satan responsible for the wisdom and piety of Lao-Tzu? Did Satan inspire Joseph Mormon...oh, nevermind (I kid, I kid) Please, lift the veil from your eyes; we are an infinite universe of infinite possibilities. We're but one spec of sand on the beach of eternity. Don't lose yourself in the squabblings and lies of the NWO/Illuminati. The truth is within you, and not a book.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

... and you personally know some Sumerians ,? , or did you read it in a BOOK ?

...most religions are correct in recognising that God exists ....

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

... and you personally know some Sumerians ,? , or did you read it in a BOOK ?

...most religions are correct in recognising that God exists ....

exept for the religions that have no proof

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

........exept for the religions that have no proof

...... don't you mean , "except for the 5% , of individuals , who

reject the proof" !? ....

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
The Bible? You mean that regurgitated piece of astrological literature? C'mon. Looking for truth in the Bible concern what happened thousands of years ago is like eating a # sandwich looking for a kernel of corn.

Are you freaking kidding me? Do you have any idea of the tons of archeological finds and scientific studies that prove that the bible is not just made up and that many events it mentions did actually happen?

Do you eat Shi* sandwiches often?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by aorAki

Who is 'we' here? I have come to know God, but have not visited an asteroid. Between the two, I have more proof of God than asteroids...but I do believe/have faith that asteroids exist.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by saint4God]

I was going to write that you can't argue with idiots or the deluded but then I realised that would be rude.

I'll take it you haven't visited New Zealand either?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

A clay tablet that has baffled scientists for 150 years has been identified as a witnesss account of the asteroid suspected of being behind the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Researchers who cracked the cuneiform symbols on the Planisphere tablet believe that it recorded an asteroid thought to have been more than half a mile across.

Except that the impact was where Austria is now:

www.physorg.com...

Austria is nowhere near Sodom.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join