It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, not God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Great find, SuperSlovak!
I think that the 'white bowl' could still have been a ufo due to the two angels/aliens who visited Lot at Sodom the night before and because a typical bowl is round at the bottom and flat on top which is an upside-down description of a ufo. That would also explain why there is no crater.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

erosion would have wiped away the crater by now, which is why that no crater would be found, assuming that this happened thousands of years ago.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
God uses hurricanes, earthquakes, asteroids, etc. God controls above and below the earth. The asteroid came from the Heavens and I do believe that's Gods last known address.

God used the asteroid to destroy the 2 cities.

Do you see what movies have done to us? We have become so jaded and therefore cannot see the signs from God. A hurricane to us is just an element of the weather, or an earthquake is just earth's crust moving. But they are so much more!

Start thinking of the continents as spiritual beings and their location and you will then be able to see the purpose of ALL earthquakes, hurricanes, volcano eruptions and objects from the heavens -both dissolving before they destruct and the ones that do destruct.

Everything has a meaning. Yes, even you.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnderGod used the asteroid to destroy the 2 cities.

please quote from the bible where it says god used an asteroid to destroy cities, otherwise your claim has no basis.

The asteroid came from space not from god. christans say some crazy things.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder

God used the asteroid to destroy the 2 cities.

Do you see what movies have done to us? We have become so jaded and therefore cannot see the signs from God. A hurricane to us is just an element of the weather, or an earthquake is just earth's crust moving. But they are so much more!

I can only speak for myself obviously, however it was education and observation that led me to those facts.
Movies, like modern religions, are a recreational activity.

Though I an dubious about the 1/2 mile across description. It would have had to of been of fairly exotic composition to only take out two (even 21st century sized) cities.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
An asteroid (are you sure we're not talking about a meteorite here?) somehow targeted a city at a time where the people were sodomizing and sinning against God. That's pretty amazing stuff. "Now the men of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the LORD." - Genesis 13:13.

More interesting still, Lot had the interstellar diplomacy to speak to two 'aliens' about the incident: "The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."
But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate." - Genesis 19:1-3. A good thing those 'aliens' like earth food. "The two men said to Lot, "Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the LORD against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it." - Genesis 19:12. The 'aliens' are apparently Hebrew in faith as well. Here the 'aliens' say "sent us to destroy" so they may have some kind of meteor shooting device...which if you hang around ATS long enough, doesn't sound that absurd. I would've thought something a little more technologically advanced, but if you want to obscure the traces in history, then okay.

The history gets more and more amazing as it is unpacked.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well since the topic is in belief that GOD sent an asteroid, which I suppose could be possible then it could have also been the same for the people of Pompeii.A sin city destroyed by a volcano.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well since the topic is in belief that GOD sent an asteroid, which I suppose could be possible then it could have also been the same for the people of Pompeii.A sin city destroyed by a volcano.

It'd be speculation since we have no record of such. Where were the angel's visit there? What people were given a message to flee beforehand and bear the message that those who sin against God would be dealt with accordingly? (The answer to my questions are already answered around 33 A.D.)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Tall salt formations near the dead sea look like people from far away and could have easily been mistaken for a person back then, like this one below.

"'Virgin Mary' toast fetches $28,000

The toast is not intended for consumption
A decade-old toasted cheese sandwich said to bear an image of the Virgin Mary has sold on the eBay auction website for $28,000."
news.bbc.co.uk...

Something that reminds you of something else does not mean it is exactly that. Do you believe that the Virgin Mary was actually just a piece of toast 2,000 years ago? Or does the toast resemble the Virgin Mary who did indeed exist?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Asteroids come from space... not from god!

I'm sorry OP you are not qualified to make this claim. I will tell you why.
To make this claim ,you would need full knowledge of the universe.
I know you do not have that knowledge. If you did you would be
God. I know that is not the case, because he certainly wouldn't be
under estimating his own power, over the universe he created, here with me, in this forum. You are the one who sounds crazy.
You admit Gods existence and limit his powers?

[edit on 12-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You think god goes around shooting asteroids and thunderbolts? Your crazy man. It's called mother nature.

[edit on 12-12-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

dude read the topic. I never said god sent an asteroid. Stop making false statements.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I think I've been rather candid actually.
You have made the outrageous claim.
and please not dude.
Crazy maybe, not dude.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Who but God has the power to change the course of an asteroid?

and I quote. Please stop making outragous claims that make no sense.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Please elaborate to avoid one liners. I 'm not going anywhere.
Would you like a few verses to prove my point?

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Your crazy man. It's called mother nature.

Care to elaborate on the proof of this goddess? She gave 'birth' to creation I presume from the name, but I haven't yet heard the story of who the father was. We are not so different in faith it seems, but rather who we have faith in.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Dude.. let me break this down for you..

The Bible says these cities were destroyed by Fire and Brimstone. It does not say How this fire and brimstone was delivered.

Brimstone essentially is sulfur.

Sulfur is a common component of Asteroids.

This ancient thing they deciphered, is actually saying the same thing the Bible is saying.. and God did cause this.

You cannot use this to disprove that God caused this destruction.. because the two accounts do match.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Asteroids come from space... not from god!

I'm sorry OP you are not qualified to make this claim. I will tell you why.
To make this claim ,you would need full knowledge of the universe.
I know you do not have that knowledge. If you did you would be
God. I know that is not the case, because he certainly wouldn't be
under estimating his own power, over the universe he created, here with me, in this forum. You are the one who sounds crazy.

Actually by extrapolating from here...would you in fact need to have that which you say he does not to refute him ?

Then you go on to say that you know exactly what "god" is thinking. Maybe because to use your phrase "If you did you'd be God."

Are you God ?
If not, then quit the ventriloquist act or he/it/she (this is assuming your god exists for the sake of argument) may drop a rock on you for the sin of vainglory.

(Ridiculous claims are the reason my signature smacks of truth)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512
Then you go on to say that you know exactly what "god" is thinking. Maybe because to use your phrase "If you did you'd be God."

Are you God ?

I think you may have missed the point of what was being said, specifically, "If you did you would be God. I know that is not the case, because he certainly wouldn't be under estimating his own power, over the universe he created, here with me, in this forum."

This is consistent with what Christ (the speaker for God here on earth) says here:

"If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand." - Mark 3:25

In this way (and many others if you'd like me to recite them), we can indeed have a clue as to what God is thinking.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

If not, then quit the ventriloquist act or he/it/she (this is assuming your god exists for the sake of argument) may drop a rock on you for the sin of vainglory

Please don't fill this forum with nonsense. copy?

In this way (and many others if you'd like me to recite them), we can indeed have a clue as to what God is thinking

It seems I can just call on the verses
lmao

[edit on 13-12-2009 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join