It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Airlines With A WARRANT....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
quick question... if I had a warrant out for my arrest, would I be able to fly out of the country (USA)?

also, what would be the best way to handle my situation?

I don't know a whole lot about the law, and was issued a warrant for not showing up to my court date that was scheduled about 5 months ago.

I was pulled over for a speeding ticket and come to find out my insurance had been cancelled 3 days prior to this ticket. Haven't showed up to court, but plan on doing so in the next 2 weeks to turn myself in.

would like to hear some insight on my questions/situation and the best ways possible to resolve this...

THANK YOU!

EDIT: mods, please move. I misplaced my topic, thanks

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Tek-Neek55]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

Well, you wont be permitted most likely into another country if you have to apply for a entry visa to get in there, they will check the databsase. But if its a non visa reqred country you might be ok. However.....
at immigration when you are a outbound traveller you are scanned via passport that is linked to a warant database what level that is for the US I am not sure. If you leave the country and answer you are not under any charge, then that is another criminal offence and will land you in more hot water, so I dont recommend it.

Id say show up to your court date and get it out of the way, it will be less stress for you,

[edit on 12-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Yep, well, you're probably going to miss your flight. Once that you check in, they will have a couple of officers take you into custody and off to county you go.

Better to clear up the warrant. Just go turn yourself in, claim you forgot about the court date, ask the DA to please drop the failure to appear charge (unless your a carrier criminal they will) and get it over with.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hahaha!This Is Why I love This Site!

I will be re-submitting my court date because of the response I have retrieved from ATS.

Thanks guys!

Not that all matters have been declared, I'd still like to welcome those who know more about the law to know they have a "say" in this discussion, as I would like to know how to "handle" my situation at the best of my so called "american civilized civillian" interest on what to do in regards to these matters that I have put myself in.... please elaborate.

I will be rescheduling a court date though in order to void my warrant of arrest because of the claims I have received.

Thank you both!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hahaha!This Is Why I love This Site!

I will be re-submitting my court date because of the response I have retrieved from ATS.

Thanks guys!

Not that all matters have been declared, I'd still like to welcome those who know more about the law to know they have a "say" in this discussion, as I would like to know how to "handle" my situation at the best of my so called "american civilized civillian" interest on what to do in regards to these matters that I have put myself in.... please elaborate.

I will be rescheduling a court date though in order to void my warrant of arrest because of the claims I have received.

Thank you both!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tek-Neek55

That would probably be your best bet. It's better not to run from these kinds of things. Just get them over with so that they don't haunt you. It sucks but eventually you know your going to have to deal with it. Better it be on your terms than theirs. Because either way it's going to be on their terms. So get it out of the way, get on with your life, and get it behind you.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Definitely go ahead and get it over with... Much easier to clear up now rather than later...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So....did anybody get water-boarded or what?

new topics

top topics

join