It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush closes the gap

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Okay if your false assumptions make you feel smarter I'm not going to stop you from thinking so.

Back on topic. I find this a really telling poll all in all it pretty much says that the country is a right leaning country.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Nope. I'm just sick and tired of the selective memory of the Democrats. It's pretty convient when they don't have to take any responsibility for their actions because they have the MSM in their back pocket.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

One of my favorite authors said it best. I used this as my sig for awhile here and use it on other sites.

“Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.” Stephen King

I think that is what Hastobemoretolife is getting at OP. Responding to OP in the rest of comment.

Of course I lean more to the Repub side of the aisle also, even though I cannot stand the Party.

Paul/Kucinich or Kucinich/Paul 2012

Just because the Parties are evil does not mean the entire makup is.

Try not to let the Paradigm cause you to paint with too wide a brush.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Bush had a vision for space exploration.. now we have obama we have use gap in the NASA exploration vision .. Obama hasn't got a real vision for the most needed program in the US.. If Obama is really into green and finding sollutions for the so called Global warming giving NASA more money would do more good because with the use of a revamped Space exploration vision and real money behind that we will get new power sources and new power storage tech. and we will find a way the use technology from space exploration to make the sahara dessert go away and creating a sollution for africa and that is FOOD for all..
So Obama what are u going to do with the Augustine commitee findings?
Space exploration is the most important endeavour for mankind and the US can be leading..
Otherwise China will lead the world on all fronts. And space exploration will inspire the nation , the youngsters but more important it will create jobs and high tech jobs ..

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Pretty much.

Although you kind of through me off with the whole "painting the entire paradigm with a broad brush" though.

Do yo mean painting all Repubs and Dems all in the same light? If it came off that way it wasn't meant too, that was kind of what I was hinting at with the MSM. They have leak the truth every now and again to keep their credibility.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

No, I was agreeing with you and my supposition of painting with too wide of brush was for the OP. Let me look at that comment of mine and clarify if necessary.

Okay, clarified where I was commenting to the OP.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Okay just a misunderstanding then, I didn't think you were talking about me I was just making sure living and learning you know.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What a rediculous poll, who would you rather have as prez. Obama or Woodrow Wilson. I like Wilson, he kept the U.S. out WWI until absolutley nessasary, Then we went in with a mission to win. 1 1/2 years, get the Marines a new nickname and get out. Bring back Wilson. Hey how about Geo. Washington or Obama. What conservative think tank came up with this idea? I have never heard of poll like this. Lets make the choice a little harder Carter or Nixon? LBJ or Taft. reminds me of stupid conversation starters. Would you rather go to a Barbra Striesand concert or get hit in the shin with a 2x4 swung by Derrick Jeter. Dumb. Just another thing to keep the sheeple distracted

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Nope. I'm just sick and tired of the selective memory of the Democrats. It's pretty convient when they don't have to take any responsibility for their actions because they have the MSM in their back pocket.

I guess they have FOX "News" in their back pocket, too?

You know what's really stupid about you political types, is you say the exact same things about each other. You say the exact same generic bull crap about each other but you both have your heads more deeply in the sand than anyone who doesn't follow the political bickering at all.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
Would you rather go to a Barbra Striesand concert or get hit in the shin with a 2x4 swung by Derrick Jeter. Dumb. Just another thing to keep the sheeple distracted

Ummm... damn.

How hard is Jeter going to be swinging? As hard as he can?

I'm thinking about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ummm... lets see. its for charity, and for every minute you are lying on the ground writhing in pain, the charity of Jeters choice gets $10,000

[edit on 10-12-2009 by jacksmoke]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In that case I'd have to just get some heavy duty ear plugs and check out Barbara I think. I wouldn't be looking forward to it but it's for my shin.

Another 3 minutes of thinking wasted.

Good example.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

haha classic

star for obsevation.. what a crock of BS. The barba thing made me laugh hard lol

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I wonder what the poll numbers would be if it were current prez. vs nwo. Assuming that current prez isn't part of nwo, now that would be a an interesting poll.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Only difference is he can string two coherent sentences together, unlike his predecessor.

And he's better at hope-nosis

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Source:

Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited. The closeness in the Obama/Bush numbers also has implications for the 2010 elections. Using the Bush card may not be particularly effective for Democrats anymore, which is good news

More and more the US is learning that Obama is only a "paper tiger", talks big, leaves the planning and thinking to Pelosi and Reid and is America's affirmative action President!

[edit on 11/12/09 by plumranch]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968), Strength to Love, 1963

Thanks to his and his family's ties to wealthy investors around the country, including prominent Republicans, Bush was repeatedly able to raise money to invest in oil drilling, especially when prices were booming and tax breaks were inviting in the late 1970s. But connections could not help with the tricky business of picking profitable holes to drill, and Bush never made a big score.

In fact, Bush lost money for most of his well-connected investors. At the same time, the management fees and other expenses he collected from them kept him in business and enabled him to buy oil reserves for his company's own account, including the reserves that eventually attracted Harken's attention.

Three times during his years in Midland, Bush was saved from financial trouble or stagnation by the appearance of new partners or financial angels who gave him a fresh start. One was a Princeton classmate and friend of James A. Baker III, who was to serve as his father's secretary of state; another was a fellow Yale man who shared Bush's love for baseball.

The third was Harken, which was to save Bush from humiliating failure but also create a target for later criticism. Reporters would scrutinize the deal as early as 1990. Led by then-Texas Gov. Ann Richards, Bush's opponent in the 1994 gubernatorial election, his political critics have asked whether Harken used Bush's name to obtain oil business. Even now, questions linger about a 1990 sale of Harken stock by Bush that was the subject of a probe by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

(Insider trading / which Martha Stewart went to jail for)

Eight days after Bush's stock sale, Harken wound up its second quarter with operating losses from day-to-day activities of $6.7 million, almost three times the losses it reported for the second quarter of 1989.

The public didn't learn of this until Aug. 20, when the company, now known as Harken Energy, announced in a press release that its overall losses for the quarter, including non-recurring expenses as well as operating losses, totaled $23.2 million. Harken's stock had slipped to $3 a share earlier that month when Iraq's invasion of Kuwait stirred fears that it would endanger a potentially lucrative offshore drilling contract with Bahrain. On Aug. 20, the stock dropped to $2.37.

Did Bush know of the impending losses when he sold his stock in June? Federal securities law prohibits corporate "insiders" from trading "on the basis of" material information that is not publicly known.

Bush says he did not know, even though he had a seat on Harken's three-member audit committee as well as its eight-member board of directors. He said he had no idea Harken was going to get an audit report full of red ink until weeks after he had made the sale.

www.washingtonpost.com...

GWB's resume: www.abovetopsecret.com...

GWB couldn't run the two companies his father gave him, lied and manipulated the American People into a costly war, handed over the keys to America to foreign nations and in general was / is a smug, arrogant moron.

If the gap is closing in on comparing Obama to Bush than America deserves exactly what America gets.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Someone mentioned Obama and the teleprompter so I thought i would ad this to lighten up the mood.

www.theonion.com...

As far as approval ratings go,I have never trusted them...its statistical math.
If none of you guys were actually asked your opinion then its just propaganda to me.

I could ask 10 of my buddies a question I know they will agree with even tho most of the general public would disagree with them.
If I base my calculations on what my 10 buddies said then it excludes everyone elses opinions which makes my calculations very flawed.

If you were never asked what you thought then ignore the approval ratings is my opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Calling me behind. I see through it all, but there are lots of people that still need to see the forest through the trees. So it's great when somebody like Beck exposes the hypocrisy.

BECK??????? hahahahaha
yeah...right, a true intellect, a person of insight, rational thought, compassionate understanding, a critical thinker, a man of integrity...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by jimmyx]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yea, he actually backs up what he says with facts. He doesn't go around smearing peoples names. Imagine that look what you just did, didn't say anything to refute anything that he has said, you just jumped out and slandered him.

Seems about part for the course.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join